[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how accurate is the witch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: share-og1.jpg (365KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
share-og1.jpg
365KB, 1200x630px
>>
>>17830292
Don't know, didn't watch it
>>
>>17830292
It take place in 1630.
It has contains the recitation of an Enochian Key.
But, A True and Faithful Relation wasn't published until 1659.
>>
>>17830292

floating sexy witches is pure bullshit.
>>
>>17830300
Don't be too harsh on the poor screenwriters. They are ignorant 90% of the time with stuff that is more easily checked than grimoires
>>
>>17830292
You can quit whoring out your stupid movie already. Just stick to posting in the general horror movies thread.
>>
>>17830300
Sure, Thoth, but of course the content of the book or parts of it may exist since before that time. You do know how freely borrowing happens in magic systems. It could have been way worse.
>>
>>17830663
As far as I'm aware the only person with access to that material before Dr. Rudd was Elias Ashmole, who kept his experimentation with the system in secrecy (Hence: Invisible College).

I have little reason to believe he was sharing the material with whatever occult/cunning element that was associated with the religious separatists who he likely viewed as treasonous.

I mean, I don't care, personally, it's just a fucking movie, but I've seen a number of occultists flip shit about the misuse of the Key in the flick, and it is a point of historical...truth stretching.

I'd be way more impressed if I'd seen some witch jugs and/or Gauntlet's cunning craft.
>>
>>17830292
you can actually watch it free on youtube, I watched it n didn't think that much unless I'm missing something about it?
the most sinister part imo, were the 5-year-old twins skipping and singing

>" Black philip, black philip,
*unintelligible random lyrics*,
>We Are Your ???, We Are Your ?!,
>Black philip, black philip, We Are Your servants."

cue giggling.
>>
>>17830698
nah they deleted it,the video,the motherfuckerz, ugh.
it'll be on other sites like,idk, putlocker,etc.
worth checking out if you're interest is piqued by period dramas.
>>
>>17830292
It is accurate as far as the accounts of the people who lived during that time.
>Baby fat was supposedly a component of flying ointment(baby scene)
>They heavily believed in the devil inhabiting almost any animal (black phillip)
etc,etc, just research witchcraft back then.
People were especially fearful of those who chose not to live in the towns/villages under "The church's protection" and made up stories about them, or said that they made their cow get diarhhea or something.
>>
The movie sucked
>>
>>17830292
I don't know how accurate, I recommend it however as a strong sleeping aid.
>>
>>17830724
putlocker is a fake site. Asks you to make an account to watch it after 5 seconds
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.