[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spoopy Canada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

I wanna hear about some weird unexplainable shit happening to my fellow Canadians. Does anything happen here? It seems we just don't have the legends or the paranormal hot spots like our American friends do.
>>
Heres something for the sake of the thread. Just a spooky urban legend for now, may update later.

Frozen horses of Red River (Manitoba)

This Winnipeg legend begins on a particularly cold winter’s evening in 1926. In a barn on the outskirts of the city, a power cable breaks and sparks a flame that sends a group of horses running for their lives into the snowy night. Galloping into the Red River, the horses eventually freeze solid mid-gallop, heads poking out of the icy banks, their frenzied expressions preserved by the ice and snow. Legend has it that, for the remainder of that bitter winter, locals would walk across the frozen Red River and visit the heads, hosting picnics and field trips among those chilly equine statues.
>>
Does "The Mysterious Valley of the Headless Corpses" sound spooky enough to you?

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/10/the-mysterious-valley-of-the-headless-corpses/

A spooky story to be sure, but it would not be an isolated case, nor the last victims the valley would claim. In 1917, a Swiss prospector by the name of Martin Jorgenson made his way to Nahanni to try his hand at finding gold. At first, Jorgenson seemed to have settled well in the valley. He built a cabin, ran a small mining operation, and was generally well-known by settlers in the area. When Jorgenson’s cabin mysteriously burned down to the ground, the prospector’s skeleton was found among the ashes without its head, and a search of the charred remains of the cabin found no trace of the skull. In 1945, a miner from Ontario was found dead in his sleeping bag without his head. Around the same time, a trapper named John O’Brien was found frozen to death in the nearby wilderness with his hands clutching a pack of matches in a death grip right next to a campfire pit that showed evidence of having had a fire going. Those who had stumbled across the corpse described hhaving the feeling that the unfortunate trapper had been flash frozen within seconds.
>>
Thats because our virgin little Canada is still young. she broke off mommy Europe just a few centuries ago. But mommy still keeps tabs on her calling often and keeping her in line.

I know that theres a bunch of serial killer cases in canada. Used to live in the same town as those Barbie Doll killers.
>>
>>17829628

http://mynewbrunswick.ca/folklore/rebeccas-concrete-grave/

TL;DR: Young witch Rebecca blamed for the animals that were stolen and slaughtered. She was hung from the tree that was then cut down, and uprooted. She was then buried face down, just in case she was alive, she would dig down, and not up. Then, her grave was covered in concrete.

I live a short walk from the "grave". Going near it causes you to buzz inside and makes you feel like if you weren't careful you could lose your breath and never find it again.

There's a website (http://rebeccasgrave.com/) created by someone who wanted the story to go mainstream. It obviously, did not. I don't even know anybody who saw the finished film.

Here's a list of other places in NB that are verifiably haunted.

http://mynewbrunswick.ca/folklore/haunted-locations/

Other things I've seen in Moncton are up in the hills. Large shadowy figures that sit on the tops of trees. They can sprint the height of the hills from top to bottom in a second. Watched them for hours one night. Driving around through the hills while they are out will leave you with a heavy feeling. Like an adult was riding on your shoulders.
>>
I guess I'm more interested in hearing stories about cryptids because I have heard the occasional ghost story. Apparently I just moved to the wendigo capital of the world? Awesome ;/
>>
File: 1466215759096.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1466215759096.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
Moving to Montreal in August any spoopy urban legends or whatever?
>>
anything for vancouver?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.