[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North/South Carolina Spooks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

I'm going down to Myrtle Beach on a road trip with a couple of friends. I'll be passing down North Carolina and South Carolina and was wondering if /x/ knew of any spooks down there?
>>
I'm in NC. Castle Hayne to be exact, outside of Wilmington. Multiple people here have been seeing what appears to be a sasquatch lately. I definitely heard some fucked up shit, sounded like a little girl crying and kept scratching my house and shaking the walls. People have also seen big dog things that appear to be werewolves. I've encounter faes as well. Lots of spooky stuff around here. There's a dark aura around the whole place.
>>
>>17825554

Most things worth a visit are in the mountains

There's the devil's tramping grounds though I've never been so can't help there

There's a spoopy castle in the woods on unc campus

But why the fuck are you going to myrtle beach in the first place
>>
I forget where but some where in Sc i think its around columbia there are train tracks that have a mysterious swinging light on them and its said to be a ghost of a guy that was holding a light on the train fell off and got decapitated wayyy back in the day. My friends went there a few years ago and he was on the phone with us as he was seeing it.
>>
>>17826548
where are the werewolves? I'm at Bragg and would love to search for them
>>
>>17826548
Shit what the fuck I haven't heard anything about samsquanches. Now I'm paranoid
>>
In Northwestern NC there is Ashe county. Here are a few /x/ related things
http://www.newrivernotes.com/ashe_documents_xxxx_folktales.htm

Furthermore, there is a church not too far away in Valle Crucis. I've been there. It is said that the priest hanged himself in the bell tower; that you can see his body swaying to and fro.

I didn't see such a thing because the church's security system went off before I had the chance to investigate much more.
>>
>>17827427
As an add to this, I'd like to say that my family spoke of sasquatch like creatures in the Sugar Grove area. Check out the Brown Mountain Lights as well. Some say it is the ghosts of the Cherokee. Others say it is ghostly slaves with lanterns escaping slavery.
>>
I'm in Brunswick county near the green swamp. Sasquatch visiting when? Also op, Myrtle Beach fucking sucks.
>>
Stop by Charleston in South Carolina and go on some tours. The best and scariest I've been on is a haunted prison where hundreds of people died. Charleston is a great town with a lot of history with the supernatural, so rent a room for a couple of nights and stay. It is 100% worth it. One of my favorite vacation spots.
>>
Go to NC, ghosts everywhere. Every inch of the damn place is haunted. I know there are a lot of haunts out East, toward the coast.
>>
>>17827537
meant for
>>17826548
>>
>>17825554
>spooks
Just what the fuck are you trying to say, you racist piece of shit? What the fuck's the matter with you? This is /x/ - Paranormal, not /x/ - Racist Fucking Bullshit.

Go kill yourself. How insecure are you fucking faggots exactly? "Oh no, black people in the Carolinas, better whine to /x/!" You're a real piece of shit.
>>
>>17827553
>The best and scariest I've been on is a haunted prison where hundreds of people died
Wow, you are one real edgy bastard.
>>
>>17827598
I was just saying why iy had history of supernatural occurances. Wasn't trying to be an edgelord.
>>
>>17827602
Well you sure sound edgy. You think it's cool that hundreds of people died in a place, and you got to go see it and that makes you cool?
>>
>>17827602
Try respecting the dead you mother f***er. They're not there to gawk at.
>>
>>17826548
The dogman/sasquatch thing has been spotted all around NC for ever.
>>
>>17827607
>>17827612
I wasn't saying it was cool, and I wasn't disrespecting the dead. I was just stating a fact.
>>
>>17827629
You were disrespecting the dead, whore, by gawking at a place where they perished. You're a sick bastard dude. You need to get some life experience and some empathy. You're just trying hard for 4chan now dude. You just need your ass kicked.
>>
>>17827634
I wasn't gawking at the place they perished. I was just saying the place is spooky, which is what the OP asked for.
>>
File: 1466375929883-vp.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1466375929883-vp.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>17827634
>whore
>dude
>dude
Woah dude calm down dude. You're being such a whore. Do you even know what a whore is? Becuase the way you used it makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>17826717
>There's the devil's tramping grounds though I've never been so can't help there
I haven't been either, I'd love to go though.
>>
File: 448.gif (3MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
448.gif
3MB, 255x191px
>>17827590
>>
>>17827612
>f***er

no need to censor your language here you fucking faggot
>>
>>17827177
Oh yea, I remember being told that in elementary school.
>>
>>17827374
I'm in Raeford right off Plank. Not far figgit
>>
There's plenty of shit. I've seen things I can't find anywhere in months of research. Most of what I've seen has been in the western part of state, there's always something unknown in the woods.
>>
File: red.jpg (31KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
31KB, 625x415px
>>17827607
>>17827612
What in the fuck are you dumbasses on about? He was obviously saying the most exciting and memorable experiences he's had were at places where many people had died, probably because it increases your chances for incident.
Don't try to act like you're some cool, philosophic bunch of bad niggers if you can't even speak English well. Get the fuck out with your holier-than-thou attitude.
>>
Whoa theres people on 4chan who live in south carolina? I thought I was the only one. Kik me: Intoco
>>
>>17826548

Bruh one of you should organize a Beast of a laden hunt or something.

Family from Cerro Gordo here
>>
>>17828106
I remember this story to. I live in Chesterfield county S.C.
>>
File: confirmed.png (551KB, 866x827px) Image search: [Google]
confirmed.png
551KB, 866x827px
ncfag here, i hike regular and the mountains are pretty spoopy, like, 2spoopy3me.

''select all the images with mountains''
Illuminati confirmed
>>
>>17828891
Mountain spoops are the best spoops
>>
>>17827374
Like I said, I live in Castle Hayne. It's outside of Wilmington, NC. They've been spotted out in the swamps and stuff towards Laney High School and around Wrightsboro Elementary School. I don't like how close they are to schools honestly.

>>17827421
Hahah, I've been calling them samsquanches too. When my brother went up to it it ran away so I think they're curious but not hostile. He thought there was a person lurking out of the house but saw it up close and it was certainly not a person.

>>17827537
Nice to know there are some anons nearby. I'm down for gathering some people for a hunt. Just don't eat the brownies.

>>17827616
I've heard reports of both from many different people and heard some scary shit in the woods behind my house, so have the neighbors, so I'm inclined to believe the myths.

>>17828550
I'm definitely down.

>>17828891
My cousin lives in the mountains, I love visiting there. Would love to move closer to them. Have had my sights on Asheville, I hear it's a lovely place.
>>
Atalya Castle is pretty spoppy at night. I've had some shit happen to me there when I spent the night.
Also myrtle beach is the asshole of South Carolina
>>
>>17828668
Dude I am right up in Anson.
>>
Lived in NC my whole life, from OBX to Gates County, and now living in Greenville.

Lived on a farm for 10 years, that house definitely had something inside of it.. We had actually had our house built right where an old house was but had been buried way back. Also multiple graveyards around the farm, all along the woods line. Will greentext a few stories if anyone wants.
>>
>>17830700
That's what a local is bound to think of a popular tourist destination. That's because tourists ruin fucking everything. I live in a beach town too, Wilmington, NC. Been to Myrtle Beach though and my favorite morning show that I listen to every morning is broadcast from there.
>>
I live in Union County, NC. Apparently the woods out here are absolutely haunted as fuck. There's a swath of woods out behind my house (its between my suburb and another about a mile away) where, according to my friends, theyve seen some crazy shit, from skeletons to hanging bodies to ghosts. I always knew there was something fucked up about those trails, and I can't believe I've been out there alone as a child.

Aside from that, we have the infamous gold mines, which one of uni friends has seen himself. He actually lives right next to a cemetery in the woods, and he's seen ghosts and demons of all kinds; his younger brother has too. Once he got to see the gold mine shafts hidden out in a horse farm. He said he's never been more scared by anything in his life. Apparently a shit ton of people have fallen down there and were never heard from again.

In conclusion, fuckin' native americans.
>>
>>17830330
>Asheville

We're full, sorry
>>
>>17831092

Yes with the greentext
>>
>>17826548
I just want to know about the faes. I live near Winston-Salem, NC and seen something I can only speculate about what it was.
>sitting in my car at an intersection leaving my brother's place at night
>same fucking route I always take and have for a couple of years
>see a 'thing' float over the hood of my car, one foot in length and glowing
>Looks like a dragonfly flying vertically, head up and tale down
> the entire creature glowed, head tale or legs, saw no insect like legs, even the wings
> as it passed it slightly lit up dash and inside front of car
>I watched it lift off in front of me, and I couldn't get out of the car fast enough to see where it went.
I have seen some strange things in this state, but nothing as spectacular as that.
>>
>>17831261
My first ghost hunting experience happened near Wilmington, NC. My dad's friend took me, my dad and my brother out to Fort Fisher late one night to try and catch a glimpse of the ghost General Whiting. Snuck in and unfortunately didn't see a damn thing, but still a fun memory for me.
>>
>>17831421
College, not uni, next time you pretend to be American.
>>
>>17830330
Asheville here. It's shit. Full of tryhards, hippies, yuppies and hicks. Also the pink lady is lame.
>>
>>17832612
Matt?

But serioisly...I've lived in NC my whole life. Aside from some creaks and voices in my childhood home, I've not ran into any spoops.
>>
if you pass through Greenville, NC, you could look into the Pactolus light....kinda controversial on weather or not it's real. I knew a few guys who would go down there on 4-wheelers with flashlights and freak people out who tried to see it...but I also know people who swear what they saw was real. I've been down there a few times and never saw anything. Still a pretty creepy vibe down there...not so much anymore because the path you go down to find it has been paved and its hard to even find where the railroad track was if you don't know what you're looking for.
>>
>spooks

An' I ain't talkin' 'bout no black people neider.
>>
>>17831843
I'm not an annoying tourist or anything. I already live in the same state.

>>17832612
The hippies are one reason I wanted to move there. Easily obtainable hallucinogens for my spiritual workings would be good. I'm not likely to move since I already own land in Wilmington, it's a pipe dream than anything else.

>>17832360
That does sound fun. I love Fort Fisher, I go to the aquarium there all the time. Treasure those moments with your dad. Mine passed right before my birthday last year and I'd do anything for one more good chill session with him.

>>17832342
I have several stories about them, some of them quite unbelievable. Like, I'm sure no one here will believe me but I'll tell you anyway. Your story is definitely amazing. I'll go ahead and tell you my freakiest fae story though there are many. I used to work at Taco Bell and in the year I worked there I had this happen maybe three times with three different entities. They'd look like a little girl and come in with an adult figure. They'd hold the adult figure's hand and lead them in. The adult would appear mentally retarded and in a trance, like drooling, head drooped, they wouldn't speak, etc. When they ordered their food only the kid spoke and they also spoke in my mind. I'm not crazy or anything, I'm not prone to hallucinations, and this is not at all a typical experience. Immediately I knew something was up and knew that only the little girl had any sort of sentience but when they walked up I felt the need to follow social protocol and speak to the adult anyway. I felt an angry vibe from the kid, and she even got an angry look on her face, and in my head chastised me for talking to the adult when I knew it was only a puppet. I thought about getting a coworker's attention, for some reason none of them looked over the whole time, and in my head I felt the girl threaten me and tell me not to do that. 1/2
>>
To pay she went into the adult's purse, took out a wallet, and paid. Like I said, the whole time the adult says nothing. Every time this happened they only got a water cup for the adult and a full meal for themself. They all followed the same pattern, they ordered verbally but had a telepathic conversation with me as well. Their facial expressions even reflected what they were saying telepathically, like her getting an angry look on her face when she got angry at me for thinking about getting a coworker's attention. All 3 times this happened my coworkers were always distracted and there were few other customers there, none of them noticing anything out of the ordinary or speaking to the girl or the adult. I kept an eye on them subtly the whole time they were eating and they never said anything to each other. The other fae stories aren't as interesting but I think this story clearly shows a changeling that mentally wrecked and enslaved an adult so that they could move about the human world unhindered. That's what I think at least, I'd love to hear what you guy's think. Just in case you'd like to know this was at the College Road Taco Bell in Wilmington, NC. 2/2
>>
>>17832518
i go to a 4-year university, dude. the word university is in the name lol
>>
ive lived in the sticks of brunswick county my whole life and haven't seen NOTHIN :D
>>
>>17826548
I live in NC in the mountains near the Tennessee border. I've heard some weird shit in the woods outside my house. Not like normal animal noises. Once I heard wheezing and mechanical clicking moving away from my front yard.
>>
>>17834617

What county tho
>>
File: 1445203754942.jpg (70KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1445203754942.jpg
70KB, 500x666px
>>17831092
252 bro here, anyone else /252/?
>>
>>17835207
Jackson
>>
>>17827177
http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_b18acd82-7f5d-11e5-85c1-8b72c58dc4f0.html
>>
File: 1465190621816s.jpg (10KB, 242x206px) Image search: [Google]
1465190621816s.jpg
10KB, 242x206px
NC native here. Born, raised,lived here all my life. Most of the legends are up in the mountains, along the French Broad River. There's a lot of cool exploring you can do along the coast, there's no shortage of abandoned industrial facilities, historic battlegrounds, and other "reported" spoop locales. The only experience I ever had was up in the mountains near mount airy, all I'm gonna say is that those woods aren't ours. More popular legends like The Beast of Bladenboro are fake, but there's plenty to keep you occupied. If you're into urban exploration types, hit up the coastal city of Wilmington. There's an abandoned chemical plant and if you don't mind getting your hands dirty there's old tunnels under the city. Fort Fisher and Moore's Creek are just a few examples of the numerous battlegrounds, the USS North Carolina is a great exhibit (doubt its haunted though). Up in the mountains is spookier in my opinion. Sneak your way onto old indian reserve land, do so carefully, like I said we aren't the only ones who inhabit those woods. Along the French Broad there's supposedly a dark skinned dark haired beautiful woman who leads hikers into the river just to drown them. There's supposedly a hellhound near Valle Crucis. There's some old 2000 year old structures in southern appalachia the cherokee say were built by the little men. All in all most of the tourist "ghost" attractions are fake but there's a lot of historical and possible spoop encounters in the historical sites. Again, if you venture into the woods in the mountains don't go alone.
>>
File: 1465616553175.jpg (1MB, 2319x3162px) Image search: [Google]
1465616553175.jpg
1MB, 2319x3162px
>>17835781
Also a 252 bro, finally moving back to glorious based 910 in a week
>>
Lavinia Fisher, the famous female serial killer, was hanged at the Charleston courthouse and she's been seen several times in and around that building. I visited the courthouse a few years ago, and I could feel a definite, malicious presence very close to me when I stood on the lawn. Maybe someone with more patience and a good camera would've stayed and tried to get a photo/establish contact, but I got the hell out of there. In any case, it's very spoopy and worth a visit.
>>
I saw the Brown Mountain Lights as a kid. That was the only thing I've seen that was creepy, and not for lack of trying. My friend and I used to ride back roads and such hoping to see something, haha.
Born in Lincoln County, raised in Gaston County until I enlisted and left at 18.
>>
>>17837663
Look at the mess behind this lazy fat ass cracker
>>
>>17838797
Correction, "and that wasn't that creepy."
>>
>>17826548
Nigga, I used to live in Rocky Point, wish I could've seen it
>>
>>17832663
There's Dymond City, inbetween Greenville and Nagshead. It's a completely dead, small town that has a population of 3 at the most. It's hundreds of acres of swampy woodland, and the neighboring places are all family. It's been a local legend that if you drive through the backroads of Dymond City at night, headlights follow you.

My cousin grew up near the area so he knew the roads well, even without streetlights. Me and 5 others piled into his truck to see if the story was real, and sure enough we saw the headlights. He turned the truck around as fast as possible to catch up to them, but they dissapered. We looked for tire tracks, but only found his tracks. Shit was strange. We all saw it. Heard later on that Dymond City is government land. I don't know man.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.