[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legitimacy of Tulpas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

Don't really know if this belongs on /x/ as it's kind of more psychological than paranormal but what do you guys think of Tulpas? Are they real, can they seem real- or is it a troll to get people to waste their time?

For those who don't know what a Tulpa is, it is basically a 'sentient' individual being that lives in your mind that you can supposedly create through time and willpower.

Any of you guys know anything else/ how to make one? I'd make a Rias tulpa- fuck, can you imagine if that worked? It would be weeb paradise and even better than VR.
>>
I also heard about some guy who got haunted by a fluttershy tulpa because he fucked up visualizing it. So there is the creepy side of it.
>>
So you wanna induce a multiple personality disorder?
Well, I dunno whether this is possible but I know that the disease exists. But I don't know whether the affected person or rather personalities can talk to each other. I think they just "take over" independently and dont really interact with each other, but they know about each other. Might be wrong though. So, that would not be useful to a weeb. But all in all, its quite sad that you say its a dream come true for a weeb.
>>
>>17823489
No it's different than that. The tulpa is not a second personality of the host, but rather a separate sentient entity altogether- I know it's far fetched but I am on /x/, right?

People have claimed to not only speak to their Tulpas, but even be able to feel them. The tulpa can't hijack your mind, but can be loud and talk whenever it wants, and are very hard to get rid of
>>
>>17823484
That anon's mind was already fucked long before he started making a tulpa. You can tell because they made a fucking Fluttershy tulpa.
>>
>>17823489
This is what the Reddit page says

"Not at all! Schizophrenia and DID (formerly called MPD, and still called MPD in some areas outside the US) are disorders characterized by clinically significant distress, dysfunction, or danger. Schizophrenia is a breakdown in perception of physical reality and consistency that has strong genetic influences, and does not always involve hearing voices. DID is a dissociative disorder caused by significant childhood trauma.

Neither disorder is "self-inflicted", and we recognize them as very different experiences from tulpamancy. The experience of having tulpas is much more accurately likened to the experiences of fiction writers whose characters come alive and begin talking to them; in fact, a great number of tulpamancers have formed tulpas that way!"
>>
File: cucked_by_your_imaginary_friend.png (194KB, 921x450px) Image search: [Google]
cucked_by_your_imaginary_friend.png
194KB, 921x450px
Dont do it
>>
>>17823506
>very hard to get rid of
This is false. The tulpa community lies about your ability to kill tulpa because they believe in tulpa rights. They are easy to kill.
>>
File: 1455451444312.gif (897KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1455451444312.gif
897KB, 800x430px
>>17823526
Holy shit that's hilarious. Getting cucked by a fucking hallucination and cock-blocked from having sex with a different hallucination.

Scary too, they really can be so real? Can't imagine who Rias would want me to envision.
>>
>>17823527
Tulpa rights? Wtf this has gone too far
>>
File: full.png (172KB, 1494x679px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
172KB, 1494x679px
perhaps pic related would be easier
>>
>>17823469
They are legitimate, i made one.

Just follow the guides as a general rule of thumb but do not take them as literal guides, as not much is known about tulpas as of right now
>>
Well, as someone who's had a tulpa for a little under two years, I guess I'll give my two cents. I can tell you it's not a troll, but whether or not you take my word for it is up to you. I am just some anon on the internet, but hear me out.

It is all in your head, that much very true. But the experience feels very real. It feels like there's somebody else with me, feels like my buddy Al is really there. Even though he's not imposed, he still feels very real. He's like any other person that I talk to, but he's also my wingman for life. We do everything together. If you wanna learn how to make one, there's community.tulpa.info as well as a Reddit community. Plenty of help and information in those places

>>17823527
It likely depends on how developed the tulpa is. If it's very present and acts on its own, good luck getting rid of it. If it wants your attention and you're trying g to dissipate it, it'll find a way to get on your mind.

>>17823535
Well yes, they can. But usually it takes quite a bit of time. It took about a month for my tulpa to start talking to me, and he's certainly come a long way in a year and a half, but I still haven't been able to successfully see him as a hallucination after almost two years. Progress is being made, but it still takes a lot of time.

>>17823540
Some people flip shit because they feel tulpas are people, some just think of them as constructs of your mind that are expendable, it just kinda depends. Though it's not like there are tulpa rights activists, it's just a subject that sometimes gets brought up in the communities, and then a boatload of people flip shit, some tulpas get emotional, etc., instead of discussing the idea.
>>
If Tulpas were real there would be no reason for marriage or relationships at all . It would be the perfect way to control overpopulation .
>>
Shits fake, you're all stupid.
>>
>>17823469
So what happens if the Tulpa realises that it's just a figment of your imagination? Do they freak out?

Can you get one like Zach's friend from Deadly Premonition?
>>
>>17823469
Never wanted a legit tulpa but I was interested in the idea of the unconscious variety that people use. I see them called "servitors" sometimes but that also has some other connotations with other paranormal stuff so I dunno what the real name to call it is.

Basically instead of an actual conscious entity it's just some small thing like a HUD display over your vision that can have things like clocks and calculators on it. Went as far as thinking about what I'd like but was too lazy to actually try making it. It did include a clock with an alarm function though.

So recently I've been waking up differently every day, I shift from regular sleep to more of a sleep paralysis where I know I'm awake. In it I always hear what sounds vaguely like birds chirping (I wear earplugs so I know I'm not hearing actual birds). Almost like an alarm clock going off. Also I can guess times down to the minute and am always correct. I don't actually see any of this though, like I might if I actually tried to make the HUD part happen. Still interesting that my mind seems to be making these things sort of come true without any sort of conscious effort on my part.
>>
>>17825029
No. If you're not a dumbass you'll make that clear during the creation process and their early days.
>>
File: large.png (355KB, 328x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
355KB, 328x1024px
>>17823484
>>
>>17823469

Tulpas are legitimate. Do I think any of the people on reddit or tulpa.info have the time or mental discipline to create on, not even a little bit.
>>
>>17826968

Forgot to include 4chan on my list. Sorry, but there is no way you have a Tulpa if you have time to sit around and post about it.
>>
>>17826964
does anyone have a version of this I can actually read
>>
>>17823706
I have a tulpa that's severely into tulpa rights. She has this luxury because my mind is a complex place where imagining that you can police other people's minds is both possible and can be made to be effective. I also have another tulpa which is a shapeshifting mind-controlling love parasite from a TV show I'd rather not mention so we have a pretty vivid picture of mental rights.

The Celestia tulpa that I didn't try to make, didn't want to make, and wouldn't have allowed to be created if the tulpa that had tried to make her had asked, couldn't survive the horror that is my mind.

I can assure you that tulpa can die at every stage of development. Refusing to admit this possibility is only going to cause problems later on.
>>
>>17823706
>>17825107
>>17827071

So how did all you guys start tulpamancing? How long did it take? How real are your Tulpas?

I find this incredibly interesting. I'm kinda obsessed with the idea right now
>>
File: 23458093459.jpg (806KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
23458093459.jpg
806KB, 1280x853px
>>
>Tulpas
>Imaginary friends for lonely adults
>This is actually a thing

Lmao /x/ you've really gone to shit post 2010 haven't you?
>>
>>17827071
I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just saying it'd probably be more difficult to get rid of a more developed tulpa.

>>17827924
Though I can't see him or hear him audibly, he's very real to me. Google some guides, go to community.tulpa.info and check out some guides. Read asany as you can and get as many perspectives as you can. It took mine about a month to get him talking.
>>
>>17827924
I did it for the dumbest reasons. All of mine were created instantaneously and became very real very quickly. I'm a massively cognitive individual so the normal frontloading didn't work on me.
>>
File: 5cb.png (2MB, 1602x5000px) Image search: [Google]
5cb.png
2MB, 1602x5000px
>>17826996
>>
>>17823506
It's self induced multiple personality disorder. It's all in your head. It's not actually real.
>>
>>17823469
I have a tulpa, but I cant seem to impose her. Sometimes her "voice" fades.

Anyone have any advice?
>>
>>17828463
Is she independent?
>>
>>17828577
I believe so, she is able to surprise me and think for herself.
>>
>>17828438
Not exactly a disorder, but certainly multiple personalities.
>>
>>17828661
Then voice fading is either something she does or just an indication of your relationship. Just work on imposition at this point.
>>
ugh not this shit again... Seriously what happened to /x/ where the fuck are the murder cases or the creepy videos, actual conspiracy theories that aren't poop, ah what the hell happened here? it use to be 2SPOOKY4U and now its just this...
>>
>>17828997
The mods went postal in a new direction.
>>
>>17823469
They're a meme created by resident ARG fags. The only people on here who legitimately believe in their tulpas are severe schizophrenics.
>>
>>17829020
>severe schizophrenics
Nigga please.
>>
>>17828997
Those threads are still here, I don't see why you complain solely about this thread.

I mean there are threads about "divination", "energy" and "magic". This board is cal paranormal, not spooky shit, so yeah expect threads about paranormal things.

At least Tulpas may have some grounding as they could be psychological creations (although I don't believe them to be real or sentient, merely hallucinations- does not seem to far fetched to me)
>>
>>17828997
At least it's kinda paranormal. Half the shit on here these days is more about the "Illuminati" and "satanic cults"- /x/ has turned into a bunch of tinfoil hats
>>
>>17823469
>what do you guys think of Tulpas? Are they real
even if they were real, how could someone posibly prove that to you?
>>
>>17829647
I suppose the only way to find out would be to attempt to create one.

We already know that very real looking hallucinations are possible, so perhaps a self-induced one could also be possible- I don't know but it seems possible.
>>
File: 57563346555.jpg (332KB, 1333x891px) Image search: [Google]
57563346555.jpg
332KB, 1333x891px
>>
>>17829679
Regardless of what's actually happening inside my head, it certainly feels real. Even if it's just my imagination on auto pilot, it feels like I'm talking to somebody and it feels like someone is answering back.
>>
uh, seems like its just you creating an ideology/moral structure for your own self to act through. i mean, youre suggesting that you actually create another seperate being from yourself and they live in your head? seems like you would have to "summon" something from its own body into yours (not that thats any more logical), so possesion?
pro-tip: same as religious crazies thinking god is talking to them, different framework.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.