[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ explanation of deja vu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: dejavu.jpg (36KB, 555x444px) Image search: [Google]
dejavu.jpg
36KB, 555x444px
How does /x/ explain the phenomenon deja vu?
The widely accepted explanation seem to be that it is a hallucination of the mind. Sure this might be the case but I want to hear some spiritual/alternative explanations too.
In the matrix movies they say it is a sign that something has been changed in the matrix, I like the concept of that idea.
>>
use to have it all the time, haven't had it in weeks.
>>
>>17823151
I have this shit so much these days
>>
Your brain analyzed input data from your eyes before your brain realized what was going one.
It happen to me all the time. It's like a time out error of the brain.
>>
Premonition
>>
File: dejavu.jpg (58KB, 694x605px) Image search: [Google]
dejavu.jpg
58KB, 694x605px
Well it goes something like this
>Clutch in
>up those revs
>clutch out
>waggle all about
>turn on eurobeat
>>
>>17823151
Deja vu is how we counter the Mandela effect discrediting psyop. If we can literally feel when our brain has conflicts of memory then it means that memory is far more reliable than the CIA and NSA want us to believe.
>>
I used to get deja vu a lot and I have it every now and again now but I read up on it and apparently it's where you have a memory that has a lot in common with what's currently happening and it replaces the memory with what's currently happening. I get a different feeling from deja vu than I used to. I don't know how to explain it or else I would
>>
I was under the impression that deja vu is when your brain fucks up and starts registering your current experience in longterm memory while you're experiencing it.
>>
>>17823192
I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE
>>
File: MadMax.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MadMax.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
I want to tell this story it's mine, it's real, it happened and is still happening.

I had 4 deja vu type experiences that came to pass in real life, when it happens it's scary and wonderful and is usually in a pivotal point in my life years pass in between sometimes decades.

For me it works like this I dream the future vividly, then years later it happens, but what I want to tell you is this when I was very young under ten I had a reoccurring dream of myself and others in a basement after something terrible had happened no lights flashlights , lantern for light .....people were scared and panicked. Six or eight people at most.....whatever caused us to shelter in basement was bad, house has collapsed above as we were trying to break through floor....to get out ....I remember handing children up through hole which seemed odd at time as I was a child.

I stopped having the dreams in my early teens, and never thought about it much till my last dejavu experience, then it became clear I understood the dream....and I want to pass this information on to anyone who will listen.

I now live in a house I bought with a basement that matches the dream, I have two kids and family located close my house like hub if you will in a sense, where family would come if shtf.

The reason I couldn't understand the dream in my youth until now about why I was pushing kids up through hole and didn't recognize anyone, because they were my children and I was an child seeing through an adults eyes.

Something bad is coming , I've felt it growing in my gut for a while ....prepped for hard times....always trust your gut....always.

My youngest child is one I remember the youngest child in my dream seemed two or three at the oldest...they were talking.....which means whatever is coming it's going to be soon.

Look at the direction the world is headed ...... I am 41 you don't have much time.
>>
>>17823151

Linear time is a stupid meme that our meat brains invented, but our minds can more freely move forwards and backwards in time in a sleeping state. At least, every instance of deja vu I and everybody I've asked (which is pretty much everybody I know) has been in the form of a precognitive dream that triggers when it comes to pass.
>>
>>17825311
I had a dream about a solar flare (or meteor) impacting a city where my brother, myself, and girlfriend were at. Thanks for sharing anon, though most will probably call you crazy.

I feel it in my guts too
>>
There's been one instance of déjà vu that has stuck with me since it happened. I remember being in a room, sitting on the floor, and listening to music with a guy I knew from high school.
In high school he was the epitome of an emo scene kid, wore more make up than some girls, and was openly gay.
Now, however/whenever I saw this happening, I remember having some thought or whatever it could have been that I would have never hung out with this guy. Why would I have? I never spoke to him in high school.
Fast forward however long and I have became closer with my cousin and his friend. His friend's girlfriend just so happens to be best friends with this guy from high school. After a while I end up becoming closer with the guy from high school and eventually the moment of déjà vu happens.
What could explain the "thoughts" I had while first experiencing it?
>>
>>17823151
It's just your recollection of the fifth dimensional state your dreams occur in. You remember from the dream that you've experience the same thing but you realize you cannot have done so linearly. It's pretty much a step in the expansion of consciousness and most people are too scared to admit it.
>>
Your brain recognizes a situation that you were in before and applies those memories to the current situation
>>
>>17823151
Ive had it before where I am in a certain place or situation in a dream then months later it actually happens. I don't believe that scientific shit because I really remember waking up from the dream and remembering the place long before it happened so it's not just a fuck up.
>>
It could be (and I have experienced) that it may be your brain trying to recollect the moments before you were hypnotised by the others. Not always the moments before, it can be the moments after, which is what I have heard gives the disjointed feeling of having experienced the same events more than once.

An alternate view is that if time is circular/spherical, then you really have been in that exact situation before and your mind is having a 'eureka' moment where you now have the opportunity to change your future.
>>
>>17823151
I need to say something about worrying, prayer, and focus. They are all the same thing. Be careful what you focus on, worry about, and pray for.
>>
>>17823151
Time is a non-linear concept, we are only able to perceive it as linear because of our limited perception. Deja vu is experiencing a moment in time and space out of order.
>>
>>17827503

I can attest to this

>take shrooms with best friend
>let's play some 1.6 lol
>have actual bullet time kick in multiple times, games slows to a crawl but able to aim "in real time"
>friend starts seeing "egyptian gearworks" on the walls of our tiny gameroom, proceeds to puke up a storm a little while later.
>saved demos, watching them next day it literally looks like aimbot.
>interestingnight.mkv

Other time:
>do shrooms with bunch of friends
>have deja vu, doesn't end
>2 hours into this kinda start freaking
>hole up in friends tiny bedroom
>alone in the dark, deja vu feeling stops
>friends come visit me one by one and we talk about their problems
>next day, they all had the same sensation of visiting "the old man in the cave"
>none of them are into "occult" stuff, neither am I

fun fact, one of them came in and just stood there for some time with a weird smile, now, about 6 years later, he's a full-blown psychotic, in and out of mental wards.

muh 2cents
>>
File: chelsea_and_dad.jpg (29KB, 534x306px) Image search: [Google]
chelsea_and_dad.jpg
29KB, 534x306px
>>17827503
So is life like a movie reel? Where god gives us a future look ahead without a refrence point?

Donnie Darko struck a nerve when I saw it.....the music was from my youth.....alot of the issues it covered were real....in.my day.

I remember also lucid dreams as well.....one that sticks is floating and coming down a staircase....acceleration towards the bottom then waking up heart pounding right as I was headed toward the floor at the bottom of the stairs probably had this dream ten times.....Had the physical sensation awake a few times playing fallout three when dropping of high places....in game.

Some of these things can probably be explained scientifically, but I'm not bullshitting when I say some absolutely cannot.
>>
>>17825255
HIGHER ON THE STREET
>>
>>17827665
Life is like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCdaLnlHa8w

It's possible to loop the branches in on themselves, producing temporal loops, but only in cases where the loop doesn't contradict itself. In the event that a temporal loop contradicts the future it originated from, any traces of the temporal loop are erased, and that future is lost, unless any traces of the contradiction which splintered that time line can be followed, and then erased.

This sort of thing happens naturally all the time, but since the typical human can barely hold 2d images in their minds, they're unable to perceive it even when it happens right in front of them. Like, mainstream people are just now "discovering" that aphantasia is a thing:

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34039054

There are actually people who can't comprehend the idea that that there might be things they can't comprehend. This is real life; they are walking among you. Mind blowing, isn't it?

Anyways, life only becomes a movie reel if you categorically focus on a single branch of the 4d (5d even?) fractal which is your consciousness.
>>
>>17827503
So it goes...
>>
I'm probably gonna sound crazy here. I think we (Some of us? All of us?) are already dead. They say that we relive our memories after we die and a big burst of dmt floods our system, changing our perception of time - what is minutes can feel like decades. I believe we are reliving our memories and that explains the feeling of deja vu. I believe that my death is already set in stone, and that I will re-experience my life again, maybe many times... like a loop. The same shit will happen, maybe my thoughts will be different, but the memories the same. Maybe the cycle will end eventually. Basically, I believe reincarnation explains deja vu I guess.
>>
>>17827503
This.

All moments exist simultaneously. The whole of all events is all of existence, and it is all at once alive.

I typically think of deja vu as a momentary perception of forward memory of this whole. A temporary peak outside of the confines of the simulation of time in which our consciousness typically operates.

> Deja vu is experiencing a moment in time and space out of order.
Wouldn't that moment make complete sense though. I mean, if it is the exact same moment, all matter is positioned the same way and all of the universe is exactly the same. So wouldn't the moment feel "right?"

But I guess we're saying the same thing and that our consciousness exists in some way outside of time or connected to something beyond time.
>>
>>17827650
>>1.6
>>bullet time
>>saved demos, watching them next day it literally looks like aimbot.
Nice.

Bullet time perception can still comply with linear time models I think. I guess your consciousness could just be in a focused state so you're computing information at a faster rate creating the perception that the world has slowed down.

>fun fact, one of them came in and just stood there for some time with a weird smile, now, about 6 years later, he's a full-blown psychotic, in and out of mental wards.
Full-blown psychotic huh? What kind of behavior?
>>
>>17829338
The strange part is that we can ever have an inkling into the future at all. I mean, if things aren't entirely unpredictable, yet perfect knowledge of the future isn't possible, then where are we on the spectrum of prediction?
>>
Years ago doing my route in San Francisco, I made a stop at an account. As I was leaving, I picked up a penny and thought it to be good luck. I laughed and thought how ridiculous it was but didn't drop it. It had occurred to me for a second, that it was in fact a bad omen. Later that day I had a lucid thought or visual sensation that I had collided with a yell vehicle. Impacting driver side front to their driver side rear quarter panel. It was so vivid I could almost feel the impact. I brushed the vision/sensation from my mind and went about my day. The following day (Friday), I had the same vision/sensation. I once again cleared it from my mind and went about my route. The following Monday doing my route, I was driving East on Folsom when Milli Vanilli came on the radio. Traveling at 35 or so and not much traffic and a gren light ahead at the intersection, I was sure to change the radio station. I mean, it was Milli Vanilli... I must have lost track of time because the light that was green was suddenly red and all other vehicles were stopped. I had no cars in front of me and realized I was entering the intersect at 9th. I immediately slammed on the brakes. Sadly a second too late and plowed right into an older model pinto. Impact was driver's side front to their driver's side quarter panel. And yes, the Pinto was yellow. The vision and sensation was precisely as I had experienced the week before. I have had several sensations since though none coming to fruition... Not yet anyway. I have developed my own mantra and mind protocol to counteract such sensations. i figure if I believe it to be an effective talisman, that it is.
>>
>>17829369
Look up Stochasticity.... RadioLab did a show this past Saturday.
http://www.radiolab.org/story/91684-stochasticity/
>>
File: monado3-1280x720.jpg (259KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
monado3-1280x720.jpg
259KB, 1280x720px
>>17829399
Bruh, you need to play some Xenoblade and learn to wield the Monado's power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfdHEcywkJY
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.