[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Conjuring 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: ConjuringNun_Feat.jpg (10KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
ConjuringNun_Feat.jpg
10KB, 350x200px
Hello /x/, what did you think of The Conjuring 2?
I thought it was pretty scary but it missed out on a lot potential stuff. It felt like the beginning part of the movie was dragged out a little bit too much and the movie could've done alot more spooky stuff with the nun or crooked man part.
I really enjoyed the nun part since it gave off a scary demonic vibe and the painting as well. The crooked man was a bit silly with the cgi or what not. Especially the dog scene, that just looked plain bad and the movie would've been alot better if they just cut that out.
Overall I didn't think it was too scary and could've done more stuff like the end part but earlier, I also wished that someone actually died or got badly injured. It wasn't as scary as The Conjuring for me. What I liked about the conjuring was stuff like the clap in the closet scene and the demon/evil spirit on top of the closet. We barely got anything of that in this new movie.

So what did you think about the movie /x/? I enjoyed it, but it could've been better. Sorry for posting a possible /tv/ thread but I thought it would fit more here.
Also, /x/ scary movie thread I guess.
>>
>>17822466
Not living in the US I haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. The nun doesn't seem to be very scary, but the I screamed in surprise, when I saw the clapping hands in the first movie. "Annabelle" wasn't very scary (except for the mean elevator scene).
>>
I think the movie sucks and that's it
>>
>>17822506
Yeah the elevator scene in Annabelle was a nice scene. I liked that it chased her up the stairs and stuff.

It's not as scary as the other two (in my opinion) but it had it's moments. I'm thinking about seeing "Light's out" but it reminds me of another movie I saw which sucked really badly. I hope you enjoy the movie more than I did and that you don't have some fucking cunt teenagers behind you in the cinema like I did.
>>
It was shit. Especially the animation. The jumpscares were easily predictable, and it just seemed really bland to me. I give it a 2/10
>>
>>17822545
>I liked that it chased her up the stairs and stuff.

his intense glare followed me, but the scene was spoiled, because the whole theatre was laughing. I don't know if it was comic relief or just amusement, though.
>>
I saw it with someone that was literally hiding their face at certain parts because they were too afraid, but I didn't think it was THAT scary. I jumped at a few parts because it was loud as fuck/I'm human but the only really scary thing was the nun. I really liked the ending- does anyone else think that a TV show about the Warrens would be interesting? I liked that collection room of the paranormal stuff. I am glad to hear that the nun is getting its own movie, it'll be good.

>>17822545
>Lights Out

I saw that in the previews for The Conjuring 2 and it reminded me a LOT of Darkness Falls. I don't know if it looks good enough to justify seeing it in theaters
>>
>>17822804
>I liked that collection room of the paranormal stuff. I am glad to hear that the nun is getting its own movie, it'll be good.
Did they say this? Do you have a source?

Also, I think they will milk the fuck out of the all the trinkets in the room. They can literally make a movie about all of those object and have a different story each time. I hope they don't actually go down that route and make stupid stuff like "The Conjuring: the evil mask" #1, #2, #3.
Aside from that I really thought Ed was gonna die in the end because it seemed a little bit "too happy", sadly he didn't. I hope that in their new movie someone actually get injured or even dies, gets a little bit boring if everyone keeps surviving or gets a happy ending all the time.

>>Lights Out
I saw a similar movie that sucked balls. I don't really remember the name but basically it's the normal horror movie teen gang which decides to go to the desolate forests and camp/stay at a huge manor. Expecting a killer like Jason or just the ordinary demon stuff all I got was fucking nothing, literally nothing. The movie was that something was "removing" them while the lights where off and they had to watch eachother in order not to disappear.
I remembered the name now and It's "Don't blink". God that was a boring and shitty movie. Hopefully Lights out won't disappoint me as much as that one.

Was Darkness Falls good? Never seen it and might watch it if it's worth it.
>>
feelings demons dont got
>>
>>17822466
I liked it.
Altough they claim it's based on a real story, don't buy that shit.
Watching this was INCREDIBLY disappointing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JI8Pk1qbfo

Now, I'm not as retarded as to think everything on that movie was real, but I wouldn't think this was just two girls BLATANTLY having fun either.
>>
>>17823753
Yeah it's "based" on a true story in the way that there really was a guy in history once named Bill, who died.

Just go into it thinking of it as a work of fiction, and in that respect, I thought it was pretty good.
>>
I wish they did more with the nun. Like what's its backstory? Not sure how they'll do a nun spin off when the nun was only meant to be linked to the Enfield case (obviously not IRL but in the movie)
>>
I'm kinda reluctant to call it a horror, crooked man was poorly done and not relevant at all, loved the painting scene but the mirror scene was shit despite the hype from the trailer, nothing scary all just jumpscares (which were stupidly predictable at the start ) some scenes were done well and there was some pretty good foreshadowing, definitely worth a watch with a decent storyline, ending was somewhat dissapointing seemed very heavily influenced by the exorsist.
Tl, dr
Watch it for the plot, no horror just jumpscares ... if you want scary, you're better of watching the Exorsist
>>
Explain "Valak" or how ever the shit you spell "it's" name.
>>
>>17822545
> cunt teenagers
what the fuck did you expect, horror flicks are literally marketed towards teenagers

that being said, if they are louder than necessary during the showing, they are indeed cunts
>>
I thought Lights Out was based off that one short horror film that's on Youtube.

Kinda like Mama was based off that other one.
>>
>>17822466
I liked it! just saw it a few hours ago! did not let me down! a few real good jump scares
>>
>>17825291
The demon took the form of a nun in order to offend Lorraine Warren, she explains that in the film.

In fact, they didn't even know what the monster was going to look like until post production and added it all in with special effects. That's why none of the dialogue mentioned the nun's habit. It literally wasn't scripted. If it felt tacked on, that's why.

>>17825346
One of the Demons from Ars Goetia/Lesser Key of Solomon. They just grabbed a name, probably at random.
>>
Marilyn Manson?
>>
>>17825803
It is actually, kinda makes me less interested. Which one was mama based off?
>>
>>17828214
Yeah, when I saw the trailer, I IMMEDIATELY thought of that short. I remember that short spooping the living fuck out of me. That short was really good, and I have a gut feeling that the movie won't be as scary in its 1-2 hours than the 5 minute short.
>>
>>17828314
Also, I just saw The Conjuring 2 in theatres with my gf yesterday. I really liked it, but I haven't seen the first one and the CGI felt cheap and out of place (especially the Crooked Man, and not only that but, the idea of the Crooked Man is quite unoriginal as well; it has been done before). The ending seemed too happy, to the point where it felt out of place, but otherwise, the movie was good (especially the first half).
>>
>>17828095
>The demon took the form of a nun in order to offend Lorraine Warren, she explains that in the film. In fact, they didn't even know what the monster was going to look like until post production and added it all in with special effects. That's why none of the dialogue mentioned the nun's habit. It literally wasn't scripted. If it felt tacked on, that's why.

I must have missed that, I completely agree it seemed tacked on. I think that's why I personally prefer insidious to the conjuring, the ghosts/demons have a cool lore/backstory
>>
>>17828182
lol looks like him right? I thought the same
>>
>>17830099
Nice double dubs. Checkd
>>
>>17828393
The Warrens kind of bug me.

They're boring people and they never actually fucking do anything.
>>
Why did they have to ruin it with all the feel good parts like when he sings to them
>>
>>17830154
even though it spent too much time with these moments they were necessary, Ed himself said it was because they needed to feel like a family and stand together to fight the possession
>>
>>17830154
The director heard the actor do a pretty decent Elvis impersonation, so they put it in the movie, mostly for padding.
>>
>>17822804
Lights Out comes from this short flick - https://vimeo.com/82920243
They did the same shit with Mama.
>>
No one has ever died in these Conjuring movies. It's getting boring. If they make a third one someone better die.
>>
When the entire cast broke out into song it kinda ruined the movie for me. I wasn't really that into it anyway.
>>
I liked the movie, but just for your information. The crooked man was NOT cgi :)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.