[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What value is a human soul? If you give away your soul, or sell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1466106149121.jpg (55KB, 718x699px) Image search: [Google]
1466106149121.jpg
55KB, 718x699px
What value is a human soul?

If you give away your soul, or sell it, do you just end up burning in Hell for all eternity, or are you denied reincarnation or something like that?

What sort of being is able to purchase someones soul for a tangible gain (i.e musical ability, extended lifespan, etc.) and how would you go about contacting them?
>>
>thinking souls exist

When you die you rot in the ground mate
>>
>>17820201
Your soul is more valuable than any material object in this world. It is YOU. If you sell your soul you are essentially selling yourself into eternal slavery (bad deal). However, if you really want to sell it they will find you, but overall it's a dumb idea.
>>
wtb free soulz pm for offer
>>
>>17820201
>Brain in organic vehicle thinks it has a soul

I laughed.

>>17820357
>Anon actually thinks thing that doesn't exist is most valuable thing that exists.

I cried.
>>
>>17820921
Of what value is a mirror when the only one to behold it is ugly, ugly
>>
>>17820201
Don't do it OP that is a bad idea
>>
>>17820921
>>17820207
Fuck off mod nobody likes you
>>
>What value is a human soul?
It's worth exactly one human. Fancy that.
>If you give away your soul, or sell it, do you just end up burning in Hell for all eternity, or are you denied reincarnation or something like that?
You're selling yourself. Once you lose your connection to your body (normally when it "you" dies) whatever you sold your soul to owns you. Most things in the market for souls will be in Hell, yeah.
>What sort of being is able to purchase someones soul for a tangible gain (i.e musical ability, extended lifespan, etc.) and how would you go about contacting them?
Archdemons could, but they won't. They'll take your soul if you let them and give you nothing in return. They're dicks and will only deal with people who are willing to give themselves over entirely to Satan. Any power you are given will be for their ends.
>>
>>17820201
you are your soul so I guess it means enslaving yourself to some sort of deamon
>>
>>17820985
>Archdemons are dicks.
Eloquent as ever, /x/.
>>
>>17820921
>soul in brain in organic vehicle thinks it dosent exist

I laughed slightly harder

>Anon actually thinks he is worthless

I felt a little bad for him
>>
>>17821044
Define worth.

Actually, don't bother. It comes from ego so I'll leave you alone with yours.
>>
>>17821103
Go back to /sci/ loser
>>
File: mib_a1.jpg (18KB, 220x215px) Image search: [Google]
mib_a1.jpg
18KB, 220x215px
Imagine this OP,

You go to work one day, and you're already there. "WTF," you think, as you stare at yourself. "Can I help you?" they ask, and you're not sure if they're being sarcastic or not. Weirded out, you then notice in the reflection of a window that somebody else is staring at them. As you turn around to ask them what they're problem is, you realize that's your reflection. You just got soul snatched.

As long as technology is in the current state it's in now, this is just a silly story. As long as people can't clone body parts, (or even entire bodies) and inject viruses into another that rewrites their genetic code in a such a way that alters their phenotype expression, then anybody who claims their soul was stolen is "just delusional."

But technology is getting better. There might come a day when somebody looks you straight in the eye, with no sense of humor, says "I've come to collect your soul, here is my warrant." But don't worry about it. It's just a game for now, right? Nobody could ACTUALLY ever have that level of technology, right? Not now, and not ever... right?
>>
File: magnets.jpg (54KB, 550x381px) Image search: [Google]
magnets.jpg
54KB, 550x381px
There is only SOUL, not parts of soul, or whatever.

You have soul, it's in your heartbeat.
You have soul, it's in your funky music.

You don't have Souls.
You don't have a pause-menu
No cosmic bankers exist and calculate every good and bad thing, it's all about whether you float or sink.

If you are one with a fluid (in suspension) then you don't sink.
Try and just be.
Don't interact with the solution, don't interact with things outside of soul, or you'll form a sediment and fall, until you are stirred up again.

Seawater is what happens when all the water flows together, this is a metaphor for the soul.

Try and take the salt out, and leave the rest in suspension, or try and take the potassium out.
In reality, you can't, not as long as it's in suspension.

Soul is suspension.
selling "your soul" is a wild-goose chase that leaves you dry, and rigid, like salt caked to a pan.

I mean it's great if you are trying to dehydrate something, but this metaphor gives birth to salary.

Isn't everyone salty enough?
>>
>>17820201
Soul is you as you know yourself during your life. While you are a part of a greater being and thus that being can go on without you, selling your soul is basically submitting your consciousness and being to servitude for some benefits for a certain period of time.

Aside from that, some folks define soul as "energy body" of a person - that thing that keeps you alive and houses your spirit when you're alive and where your thoughts, emotions and experiences from your life are imprinted.

Either way, selling it, even if you'd actually be able to, seems like a shitty deal, even if you'd be provided with everything you'd want in life.
>>
File: tC48d22.jpg (410KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
tC48d22.jpg
410KB, 500x494px
>>17820921
>brain
>not computer
also, the soul is the beast behind all perceptions perception of a singular individual, an essense which is granted after death as all cumulated information of any being.
[imagine a book with everything you ever thought, or a cassette tape which records your vision.]

its not something you can even sell, you dumpasses
>>
File: gurdjieff.jpg (37KB, 414x568px) Image search: [Google]
gurdjieff.jpg
37KB, 414x568px
>>17820921
This is silly because "you"'re not just your brain, if "you" want to get really nitpicky, there's no scientific proof that there's such thing as a constant "ego"/"personality"/"self", so "you" are in fact "your" entire body, not just "your" brain.

>>17821044
This is silly because if the soul is some sort of finer matter in the body, it doesn't necessarily have to be in just the brain, it more likely permeates the entire body; why value the brain so much?

Also, the brain could function without a soul, everyone has the potential to be a mere robot without a soul, the soul must be worked for, as Gurdjieff says.
>>
>>17822179
You misunderstand the definition of "ego"... it's just a label for a feeling or attitude, caused by our thoughts, it's not an entity.

There's certainly a lot more scientific proof of ego than there is of any soul.

The brain is the thing creating your thoughts, and that's all you are. If you want to call those thoughts your soul then fine, but that's not the same. "There's no force permeating the entire body" (other than heat, electrical, etc. natural things that are produced in a living organism)

The brain does function without a soul. We are all "robots without souls"...
It's just that some of us have invented this idea of soul to make us feel more special than we actually are.
>>
>>17822177
>pic
Watamote was right all along.
>>
>>17820201
The only thing you can sell is your belief in your soul's location. People only have sympathy for the plight of people that they share any beliefs with.
>>
>>17820201
>If you give away your soul, or sell it, do you just end up burning in Hell for all eternity, or are you denied reincarnation or something like that?
>What sort of being is able to purchase someones soul for a tangible gain (i.e musical ability, extended lifespan, etc.) and how would you go about contacting them?

You become the property of the other entity. They will use you for whatever benefits them.

If that happens to be the same thing as you want to be used for, then it can be a good deal for you. But you do give up all final decisions to the other being. This means you will have free will as long as your owner allows it - if you get ordered to do something you will do it, every time, no matter what it is.

You will reincarnate if your owner wants you to do so. Being sent to hell is another story, that's only for self owned people, you're no longer responsible for anything and can't be punished either.
>>
I remember one girl from /x/ who did sell her soul. She said she became rich and shape shifted in a prettier version of her.
>>
>>17821694
>Go back to /sci/

we didn't debate /sci/ back to their board for you to use this as an insult, even less when you wield it so weakly.
>>
The real question is: Are all souls equal?
What if someone who's willing to die has a less worthy soul than someone who chooses to live a healthy life?
>>
>>17820201
How do i selling my soul?
>>
>>17823632
yes.
imagine, after death, you enter a library, with a book of all thoughts you ever had, and the potential to write, creating worlds through doorways, and a mailbox to communicate with others in the afterlife in order to expand experience for all eternity.
all other paths are shallow.
>>
>>17823703
there can be no "greater" or "lesser" there is only the experience of individuals, bursting at the seams to be shared.
experience, or be experienced
>>
>>17820201
You can't sell your soul you fucking idiots, you don't have that conscious control.
It's a meme.
>>
>>17820921
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK.
>>>/b/
>>
>>17823434
No, because suppose you are high on hallucinogens or asleep and dreaming. Your subjective sense of ego is altered, judgment and self-consciousness impaired, etc... Let's say you decide to do something, work on it for a while, then get bored and stop and ultimately don't carry out your goal. Your ego has changed, it's impermanent. You are a creature that dies and changes every moment, a multiplicity of desires, without a unified "I", one moment you want something, another moment something else, one moment you are affected by this circumstance and another by another. No freewill or ego.

Yet, as you say, the soul IS an aristocratic notion, and Gurdjieff's ideas that the majority of people do not have souls, a unified ego, or freewill and can only develop them through contact with religious schools and extensive work on the self are very interesting desu.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.