[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, could we possibly get an Appalachia thread going? I live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: 20160511_195201.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160511_195201.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Hey, could we possibly get an Appalachia thread going? I live in West Virginia and we have some spooky shit around here (Mothman, random animals that lord knows what they are). In specific I wanna hear stories of backwoods people. Like inbreds and shit that turn to cannibalism
>>
File: 1426029723594.gif (997KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1426029723594.gif
997KB, 500x475px
>>17816956
Places where salvia grows naturally
but alas, the fragrances they produce cause unrecognizable hallucinations and memory loss,
so those who find an enxhanted grove often leave with no sense of direction, and more often with no memory
>>
>>17816971
Ive seen videos of people doing that shit. Not fun at all
>>
File: IMG_20150404_181921.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150404_181921.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
I don't have anything too spoopy but my Grandpa lives in southern West Virginia and I do a lot of four wheeling around his place, there's some pretty cool ruins and shit. Like this old abandoned house and the fire tower on the top of this mountain. I'm hoping I have time to take some pictures of other shit around there this year.

Bumping this thread with great interest.
>>
File: IMG_20150404_181915.jpg (993KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150404_181915.jpg
993KB, 1520x2688px
>>17817038
And the tower next to it.
>>
>>17817038
Cool man. One thing my friend told me was this. He lives in a remote area around me near an army base. One night he heard some weird noises and looked out his window and aaw this figure. Small with glowing eyes. All his family members have the same dream of being abducted. Weird shit man
>>
>>17816989
Maybe that's why it's legal in West Virginia and not in your state
>>
File: IMG_20150404_182809.jpg (386KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150404_182809.jpg
386KB, 1520x2688px
>>17817044
And the view from the top
>>
>>17817038
Have you gone up it before?
>>
>>17816956
I'm jealous, everyone I've known from West Virginia has been amazing.
>>
>>17817087
That's funny, because everyone here does heroin :^)
>>
>>17817095
I can't defend my state, all I need to say is "detroit" and people assume I'm mad max
>>
>>17817124
Cant tell if referencing apocalypse or water wars because Flint. Either or understandable
>>
>2013
>Be professional pool player
>Travel for tournaments and stuff
>Driving through Chattanooga Nat'l Forrest.
>Long twisty road
>seems like it took hours
>I felt like it was so fucking spooky and dangerous to drive down it at 3am
>next week, listening to coast to coast
>"I was driving through the Chattanooga forest about a week ago. I came up to a car parked perpendicular to the road in the middle of it
>I stopped about 80 ft away. There was a guy laying in front of the car, nearest to the drivers side door.
>I debated on stopping but something told me to keep going, so I did. As soon as I drove around the car and the person, I looked back and the person that was laying on the ground stood up and turned towards me"

I don't plan on taking that route ever again.
>>
>>17817087
I can confirm. I'm from West Virginia and I'm pretty amazing.
>>
>>17816956
im from morgantown WVA. fucking love my life, my state and my town. where are you from? WEST VIRGINIA REPRESENT
>>
i was driving through west virginia last week. what the fuck is with those crosses everywhere?? i swear every few miles you see 3 crosses, one yellow cross in the middle, and 2 white crosses one on each side. it had me all spooked but i loved it
>>
>>17817215
>>
>>17817215
Morgantown here too. Seen some spooky shit near the churches like the Morgantown church of christs woods area
>>
>>17817265
Alot of car crashes from inbred drunk drivers make crosses on the side of the highway a common sight
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 181x278px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 181x278px
Clay, wv here. Anyone heard of booger hole? It's in walback. Witches, civil war spirits haunt the place.
>>
I live in the Appalachians, way up in PA though.
In a few months I'm going on a hiking trip through the Quehanna wilderness area.
It was the sight of nuclear testing for several decades after WWII.
Trees in the area for some reason grow thick, horizontal trunks before growing up. You can Google this easily.
Some of the ruins of the testing facility still stand. I'll take lots of pics
>>
>>17817056
chills
>>
>>17817274
Super weird. I am in Morgantown through the end of the day. Never been here before in my life. Out of power and internet at my hotel. This place kind of sucks.
>>
>>17817355
>Clay, wv here. Anyone heard of booger hole? It's in walback. Witches, civil war spirits haunt the place.

Oh, yes. I spent some time researching the history of Clay Co and have some distant relatives, there.

The witch of Booger Hole was shot through her kitchen window, while peeling apples, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>17816956
Wait, wouldn't that include you? Lmao
>>
>>17817167

I presume you mean the Chattahoochee National Forest?

I camp in it a lot. My favorite spot is right off of the Toccoa River in Suches, GA. Thought I saw a UFO one night only to realize that it was a satellite. Blew my mind that you can see them but on a clear night at that elevation it is possible.

I've heard a lot of shared tales of Bigfoot from others, mainly towards the Tallulah Falls/Mountain City/Brasstown bald area of the state.

My grand parents live in west NC. We used to run around in the woods as a kid. We would find these makeshift shelters all the time. I would have no problem attributing them to hunters but they were always so close to the house that it would defy logic for a trespassing hunter to set up camp so damn close when they had much more secluded spots. Anyways, I never gave it much thought as a kid, other than to observe them routinely, but I only put two and two together once I saw similar shelters on Bigfoot documentaries. Creepy shit.

My grandparents also called my mom one morning a few years back to tell her they saw a black figure walking up their gravel road toward their house. Couldn't see any face or clothing or anything. It was literally all black. They turned on the flood lights and it turned around and WALKED away. Not run, walk. They live in the middle of nowhere. No one would casually walk all the way from the roads entrance (about 1.5 miles up and around an mountain) and then up their driveway for no reason. It was a very odd story.

Anyways, that's my experience in APPALATCHA.
>>
>>17817215
Op here. From Wheeling
>>
>>17818000
>shared tales of Bigfoot from others
>they saw a black figure walking up their gravel road toward their house. Couldn't see any face or clothing or anything.

One detail that I have noticed is that sasquatch sightings on the East Coast tend to differ from those reported on the West Coast with respect to one particular feature: fur color. The archetypal west coast sighting specifies brown to gold fur, but the typical east coast sighting specifies black fur.

If this phenomenon can be easily declared a hoax, then why would the observations include two distinct phenotypes localized in clines?
>>
>>17818118

I was paced in the woods, once, by an unseen creature in Batch Co, VA, just across the state line from WV. I thrashed a sapling, trying to scare it off, and it just thrashed a sapling back at me.

Got the fuck out of there. There are supposed sightings in Greenbrier Co, too, and Pendleton.
>>
>>17818000
It was one of the Chatts. Haha. I live in Alabama and rarely go that way. I just happened to be in Tennessee and was traveling to northeast Georgia to pick up a pool table. That long winding road is unreal from midnight to 3am.
>>
>>17818118
Memetics, for one. Folklore on the east coast just happens to be it has black fur, and that spread out of control. As someone who is fairly certain there is no Big Foot or other large American Apes (aside from people), I'm doubly sure that there's no East Coast Bigfoot. It's just too dense, even in Appalachia. If Mountain Lions couldn't make it I doubt a gigantic hominid would.
>>
>>17817400
What part of PA? I'm in saylorsburg, right near the entrance to the Appalachian trail
>>
>>17818475
>paced in the woods
Similar thing happened to me up in northern PA.

On a solo 3 day hike, one night I woke up at 3am feeling like something was watching me. My head starts getting nauseous and there is this smell like blood and BO mixed.
So I slowly and quietly packed up my hammock while clenching this six inch buck knife. I wasnt using a flashlight so my night vision wouldnt go to shit. Had that super alert/scared/adrenaline feeling the whole time like I'm being stalked by a lion or something.

I start sneaking away from my campsite to wards the main trail when there is this rustling and thrashing in the forest about 50 feet from me. Obviously I was almost pissing my pants so I just start running down the main trail.

I stopped runnning pretty quick, and starting thinking I was just being stupid and that was a deer or some small nocturnal creature. So I just stood there catching my breathe and pulled out my flashlight. About 30 seconds after I stopped I smelled that same shit again.

I flick the light on point at the way I came and then I saw this fucking thing about 30 yards away. It looked like and emaciated black bear but with a mushed in snout. The most terrifying fear I've ever felt seeing that things eyes reflecting the light. It was creeping towards me on two legs kind of hunched over but not as much as a monkey/gorilla and it moved with this weird bipedal grace that a bear or monkey shouldnt be capable of on two legs.

So I just fucking started running. This was a year after I graduated high school and I had been a varsity xc runner since I was a freshman. Believe me when I say I ran about six miles straight going at around 6 minute mile pace. I don't know if the thing followed me at all.
>>
>>17820025
Could you draw us a picture to help us get a better idea of what it looked like?
>>
>>17820025
sounds like you ran into a skinwalker type creature
>>
>>17820185
>skinwalker type creature

I'm disappointed in you, anon.
>>
File: Bear.png (121KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bear.png
121KB, 700x600px
>>17820144
Best I could draw with paint
>>
>>17820352
What is the ruddy colored stuff supposed to be?
>>
>>17817215
Shepherdstown here.

Destination America just did a cheesy ghost hunting show here. I wouldn't take it seriously though.
>>
File: image.jpg (297KB, 761x1383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
297KB, 761x1383px
>>17820352
How's this?

Now, while it may be fun to think it's a skinwalker trying out one of his or her new skins, please be aware that black bears can walk on their hind legs and wild animals are just as dangerous as any shaman pretending to be one.
>>
>>17817207
Careful not to rip your dick while you jack yourself off.
>>
>>17821094
Thanks for defending me. I didn't think his post was worth a response honestly.
>>
>>17818118
because most if not all bigfoot "sightings" that aren't entirely fabricated are, in actuality, bear sightings, wherein the fur colors correspond to the species of bears prevelant in those regions of the country
>>
>>17819988
North central, Potter County. never been to Saylorsburg
>>
>>17818118

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NmCmfdFAhQ
>>
Oh hey what of WV,huntington here.
>>
>>17822172
Were you around for oj mayo?
>>
>>17822181
Yep think for a min we went to the same high school,never was a huge sports person so never watched his games.
>>
Stationed at Ft. Bragg, any spooky stuff near me?
>>
>>17816956
Where in West Virgina? I'm from Clarksburg.
>>
Holy fuck, I got on to share with y'all because this happened to me a day ago, and I saw this Apps thread so here ya go.

>be me, 18 kinda beta, super quiet and geberally mind my own buisness
>friends, three of us, on of my alpha bros and a nerdy ass black guy (we all met playing magic) decide to go camping to celebrate graduation
>invite me, I say yes because why not?
>alpha bro brings a hunting rifle
>make the trip from Fairfax (North Virginia) to the Apps, we find a nice place about a mile from anywhere
>throw back some soft ass cider shit that my older brother bought for me, the eveningt is fairly boring, we just shoot the shit
>I was worried about sleeping because I have a semi serious sleepwalking problem, I basically just get up and walk around
>>
>>17823915
>about one in the morning I wake up to a shuffling sound
>I sit up straight only to see a pale human looking creature with long fingers (specifically not claws, just fingers), no hair on any of it, big fucking eyes that are black with tiny glowing centers
>I'm being pulled very fast, but it feels almost gentle
>the thing makes eye contact with me the entire time, I can't resist or even scream, it looks scared or something
>it stops pulling me by a tree that has a deep hole next to it
>it strips my clothes off of me, I still don't feel scared
>it puts its hand onto my head and I can feel something being pulled away from my mind, suddenly I feel very tired and I start to go to pass out
>as everything goes black I feel myself forgetting everything about who I ever was
>everything goes black and then suddenly I wake up but I'm staring through somethings eyes
>realize I'm looking at myself and the long fingers probing over my face touching every part of my body really, then I see my long bony fingers push myself into the hole and push dirt over myself
>I finally finish and then go over to my clothes and pull them over my bony, pale form
>start walking back to camp and then hear a pop and realize the creature is in pain by the way it lurches now
>as it walks and pops I slowly begin to feel a twisting pain throughout its body
>it falls down as its walking and tunnel vision kicks in and the last thing I remember is looking down and seeing my fingers shrinking down
>>
>>17823922
>wake up to my two asshole friends laughing at me for walking off out of the tent and falling asleep
>beta blacky gives me my glasses and tells me I left them
>I put them on
>everything goes weird
>I take them off, it's clear again
>I take off running in the direction I came from
>find the clearing, see a spot of freshly dug dirt
>friends catch up to me and ask what the fuck I'm doing
>bitch out, say nothing
>go home
>I don't want to know what the fuck happened, I don't want to know what I am or what was at the bottom of that hole

that's my story /x/, I don't need my glasses and I don't know what the fuck I am, but on my run this morning I got to three miles, my normal stopping point, and I wasn't even out of breath. Make whatever sense of this you want.
>>
>>17816956
I just moved to Knoxville, so I don't have any scary stories or local folklore yet, and am really curious.
>>
>>17816971
Bullshit. You can't get fucked up on Salvia merely by being in it's presence.
>>
>>17823933
Holy shit, all those spelling mistakes, I'll chalk it up to being tired or scared, but honestly I'm pretty indifferent and I'm just fucking shit at typing
>>
>>17817167
Most repeated story ever. You hear a different version of this in almost every spoop thread.
>>
>>17817167
Guy may have had a minor accident and was laying to look under the car... or it could have been a set up.

I heard a story about a trucker who went missing for half a year. Simply vanished en-rout. When winter came around someone on a back road noticed debris, and looked up to find a fucking semi strewn across the dense tree branches. Turns out the guy took a little used high mountain road and had an accident. His body was rotted in the cabin.
>>
>>17823915
>>17823922
>>17823933
Sounds like bullshit, but it would be a pretty cool character origin for a comic book or video game. Mind if I base something off it some day?
>>
>>17824031
Its actually true, although being perfectly frank it is spooped up a bit (because /x/ and it also was genuinely freaky), chances are I hit my head and knocked some things around in my eyes (that's how I got my astigmatism too so who knows). Aside from spoopy language its actually all there, it was a cool morning and whatnot. I actually do sleepwalk often. Fresh dirt doesn't add up and I am genuinely confused as to that.

That all leads me to your question. Yes, I would actually be super interested in seeing your interpretation, but only if you email [email protected] (burn address that I check for things like this) because if you did anything with this I would actually be pretty interested. If there's anything I'd ask of you, delve deeper into the things reasons for trading places, in kind of a weird way that's what confuses me most.
>>
>>17816989
It's weird. I would recommend to some people.
>>
i remember there was one greentext awhile ago about how men and women would sell their daughters to a drug lord and he would fuck them. they would get pregnant and have a kid. all of his kids were in a special needs school, and they all had a droopy eye like him.

i didnt save it. hopefully someone did.
>>
I'm from Fairmont, WV last year on July the 4th 2015 I was a UFO. It was a bright orange glowing sphere that came right before the fire works set off.

The thing is and the more that I think about the sighting. It was as though it were attracted to the fire works displays that were all being set off at the same time. I live in a two story house and saw this from the second story window which is near downtown.

Creepy stuff.
>>
>>17816956

I live in the Tennessee Valley, so not exactly in the Appalachians. Still, the Chickamauga Battlefield park is like maybe 5 miles from me. All my life I've heard stories of Green-Eyes. Supposedly at night people claim you can see a pair of glowing green eyes randomly off in the woods, or whatever. Some people claim the eyes follow them all the way through the park, as they drive through. It's also a place where teens go to fuck, or get high, and of course a lot of people have stories about Green-Eyes freaking their girlfriends out, and ruining their fun. Everyone says it's the ghost of a confederate soldier. I've never seen it, nor do I think it's anything more than maybe light reflecting off an animal's eyes, if not a complete bullshit story.
>>
>>17824192
What was being a UFO like, senpai?
>>
>>17824192
>on July the 4th 2015 I was a UFO

such keks were had
>>
You should go visit the Whittakers OP.
>>
>>17824082
It's hard for me to believe that you got a new body and it buried your old one, and that you could have proven this but chose not to... I mean, go to a doctor and I'm sure you'll find you're human. Also have you had your eyes checked out since?

I mean, I know a schizophrenic chick who at one point in her life believed sincerely that she was a cyborg and had an abusive relationship with a guy who turned out to never have existed... she's on meds now. You'd be amazed at how your mind can play tricks on you.

I'll save your e-mail but I don't know when I'll use the story. I'm still working on my art skills, but if I make it into the industry this would be a pretty fun starting point for a plot. If I loose the e-mail but make something with your story, I'll post about it here at least. It is pretty spooky and raises a lot of interesting questions. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>17817215
Point Pleasant here, home of the Mothman!!
>>
I went to college in Buckhannon and heard stories about the Whittakers from a teammate from Huntington.

I'm from Northern VA too
>>
>>17824292
I mean frankly I'm with you there, I'm pretty skeptical about everything, especially given time to relax about it, but thank you, and best of luck with whatever media you decide to get into.
>>
>>17826746
Thanks anon, it was a good story and I know all about having fucked up experiences.

I'm glad you're skeptical yourself. If shit gets weird seek help in case it's a mental illness, but if it's not fucking your life up just try to stay level headed about it. Maybe a thing didn't really trade places with you, but a spirit healed you and this was merely your mind's interpretation of what it was doing. I'm skeptical but open minded about a lot of shit, and would recommend you go to the eye doctor and find out what has changed.

Would you be up for revisiting the place where it happened?
>>
>>17823933
You possessed a shapeshifter. Your mind was just strong enough to override it before it took your life. That feeling of losing your identity was it trying to steal your identity.
>>
Weirton, WV here. I lived in that area my whole life on a farm, moved to this shithold a few years ago.
Some weird shit in this area.
I've seen bigfoot, two dogman/bigfoot encounters of my horses being attacked, some type of david paulides type shit one time, shadow people and ghosts, some type of freakin mutant baby things living in my barn upper level, some sort of freakin dark being stalked one section of our property, and a sky dragon.

My mother nearly hit something that, well she wasn't 100 percent sure what the hell it was. Said it was big enough to be a foot over her hood, but wasn't a deer, horse, llama, etc. She got the impression it was a canid. We had a 150lb rott and my friend had a great dane, neither came close to the height she described.
>>
>>17827814
I wanna hear about the mutants in your barn.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.