[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This happened just under two hours. Been on 4chan a long time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: latest[1].jpg (33KB, 606x341px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
33KB, 606x341px
This happened just under two hours.
Been on 4chan a long time but have hardly ever posted, especially on /x/. But, kinda felt like this story warranted it.

My wife is out of town and so I have been home alone for a few days. I figured I'd go pay her horse a visit- it's been cooped up in it's 12x12 stall for a few days without being ridden.

I'm not a very good rider so I just planned on turning her out to the arena they have over there.

Guess the barn need an explanation: I live in Arizona, east valley- technically in Mesa but it's practically Apache Junction. The suburbs just kinda stop abruptly and turn to desert over here. I'm in the suburby part, so I can't have a horse on the property- we pay to board our horse at a place just a few miles further northeast on a ~3 acre plot. There's people who live in RVs all year round there (when the snowbirds come it's packed) but right now there's only maybe 4 RVs.

The land has a community tack room (where the saddles and stuff are kept) and office in the dead center. Just next to that is a few round pens and a larger "arena", a big pen- maybe 100 feet in diameter.

Anyways, I take the horse out to the arena and just let her stretch her legs. I had her on a lead and walked her for a bit, then she heard something (but not me) and tried to bolt. I've handled horses enough to know how to calm them down- I forced her to run in some little circles to get her mind off of whatever freaked her out. More in a sec:
>>
>>17813105

Anyways. She was freaking out, calmed her down, walked her a bit, then she did it again, we did some circles. Happened three times, then she seemed to settle down. I let her loose and she sniffed the ground and walked, but every once in a while she'd flip out and almost buck, just out there on her own, no other horses bugging her or nothing.

It's weird for her to do that- she's about 20, a quarter horse mix of some kind. She's usually pretty mellow. I figured that she was just all pent up from being stuck in her stall for a few days and laughed at her antics and talked to her, stuff like "Whatcha doing, girl?", "Hey, calm down," and stuff.

After a while the sun was close to setting- I think it was maybe 8:05. The wind was blowing and bringing a real nice breeze- it's been about 115F in the city, out there in the desert it really cools down at night.

I took her by the tack room to brush her and give her some fly spray (animal-safe fly repellent). As I was brushing her I kept hearing a scraping noise on the corrugated steel roof of the tack room. Spooky, but there's a pale verde tree right next to it so I figured it was just the wind scraping it.

More in a sec.
>>
>>17813124

So I cleaned her up and started to walk her back to her stall when I heard more scraping. The tack room was on my left, the scraping was coming from the right, where the office is. I didn't think anything of it at the time.

I put her in the stall and the other horses (there's a ton of stalls, maybe 50, but this time of year there's only a dozen or so) where all antsy. I figured it was the wind. A lot of them are arabian horses, they spook at anything.

As I was walking back I went between the tack room and office again and heard the scraping. THEN I realized that the scraping was coming from the office roof now.

There's no trees or anything by the office.

I look up and see a small black shape, maybe the size of a small cat or grackle bird, flit out of view from the edge of the roof. Figure, "oh, it's just an animal."
Then I head something laugh.
Fairly quiet, but it was my own laugh. I've heard myself in videos and stuff, and it was MINE. Like, probably the same kind of laugh when I was laughing at the horse's bucking.

I froze and instantly wished somebody was there with me, but not, just the quiet RVs (granted, most of them had their lights on, which was reassuring, but they were far away).

I NOPE away, towards my nearby car and hear from about the roof "Watcha doing, girl?"

NOPE much faster and get in the car, frantically start it and NOPE even faster outta there. Turned on the radio just to hear somebody's voice other than... whatever the fuck that was.

I think it was a commercial about some concert. I guess Slipknot got postponed.
>>
>>17813141

But yeah, that's my story.
I went to Walmart right after- being around all those slobby people felt great and calmed me down. I was glad to be near other people. Now I'm at home with the dogs and the cat's on my lap.

I hope that story wasn't too poorly written or disjointed, but there you go. If you have questions, ask.
>>
U got yourself there one of them chupamagrabdads sonny
>>
>>17813157
Hah!

We don't have too many myths here. I used to work in a kitchen and some of the employees from more rural areas talk about chupacabras but in the Phoenix area most talk of them is usually done ironically.

Although, I did work with a native guy (Bill, real big Navajo dude) who talked about things in the desert that act like people but aren't. I guess that's a Skinwalker but I don't really know if that's a Navajo thing.
>>
Anon, you live in a warm state so the temperature does affect infrastructure , especially wood and metal as opposed to concrete and Sheetrock. The former creaks just from ambient temperature fluctuations, scientists recreate it in controlled settings.

Also our brains don't always perceive the environment correctly, it may have been associating an indistinguishable sound with one it already knew, our brains constantly try to assert patterns even when there are not.
>>
I'm in Glendale, wanna fuck?

:-)
>>
>>17813176
I am Native. The whole chupamagrabdads was a joke cause I have one on my property. And a possible Wendigo. But Skinwalkers are people. So they can't be acting like one. Maybe he was referring to another Navajo lore. I wouldn't know I'm Tonkawan
>>
>>17813179
Yeah, I figured it could be my imagination. I'm certainly the type to overthink stuff.

That office building was constructed by amateurs- the whole thing is pretty rickity. It's totally likely that it was just creaking like crazy and the wind added some other elements.

Still, the whole thing was creepy as all hell.

Not to mention, I just realized none of the barn cats I normally see where there tonight.
>>
>>17813141
Wait.. So you heard someone or something say the same things you said that day? Sounds like one of those Skinwalkers.
>>
>>17813196

Where do you live?

>>17813191

Not that I want to, but where in Glendale you at? I used to live in Peoria.
>>
>>17813204

Hey man. Cut it out with the skinwalkers. Don't most skinwalker stories end up with people actually SEEING them? I didn't see anything, just heard...
>>
>>17813209
I live in Central Texas. Where my ancestors lived kiddo. I got some land out in the country. Shit gets spooky. I can feel them there. Its not just one entity.
>>
>>17813197
>>17813141
>heard your voice around an area
>forest woods
>no animals were there
>horse was going crazy

IT'S THE FUCKING GOATMAN
>>
>>17813212
No man. I'm trying to help you here. It honest to God sounds like a Skinwalker. You really need to be careful around there. It explains why your horses were anxious.
>>
>>17813213

Christ. That's pretty spoopy. Do you do anything about them?
>>
>>17813215
Forest woods?

Nah man, I'm out in central Arizona, it's scrubby out here at most.
>>
>>17813218

FFFfffffff no thanks. Luckily I'm usually out there during the day, with my wife. And the old people around there.
>>
Record audio/video maybe? Also get some weapons, if shit goes down get some friends, or fuck it and just call the cops, are you far from the police station?
It may go after your animals, you don't want to lose them so you better keep the place safe
Again, only if there wasn't a totally normal and reasonable explanation for it, which most likely there is, why don't you check the roof and the places you heard the scraping from outside?
>>
>>17813228
I just know their presence. Dont know if they're hostile. Just know they're there
>>
>>17813285
Sure ya do. Just like how I can "feel" when I'm being chased by Bigfoot. What probably happened was just what Op wrote about the horses.
it flipped the fuck out and was acting strange. Then when he heard the spooky noises on the roof, he though to himself
"HEY I CAN FINALLY MAKE UP A STORY FOR /x/! OH BOY"
>>
>>17813281

It's just my horse over there. It's in the center of all the stalls too so if something wanted to start trying to eat horses (which can fend for themselves for the most part- they're not as flimsy or weak as you may think) and I don't own a gun or anything. Also no friends.

Also, it's not my own property- I don't wanna hop on the roof and have the owner see me.
>>
>>17813196
I love you, no homo. I'm the Mayaami fag that is always getting told not to start when I point out that skinwalkers are humans, and I'm just really happy to see this post.
>>
>>17813306

Haha! Yeah kinda. Except I really (or at least perceived) heard a voice that I recognized as my own. Again, I DO admit that it was getting dark, plus it was windy, plus I was already weirded out by the horses being spooky.
>>
>>17813285

What's with that human sensation of feeling followed or looked at?
Is it really that useful, evolutionary, if it turns to paranoia?
>>
>>17813313
No I have paranoia. I know the feeling when its just my paranoia. This isn't and I've had multiple encounters with both beings. The feeling I get is just knowing they're still around and messing with me. Its not the 'I feel them so they must be there' they are there. If that makes any sense.
>>
>>17813310
Oh i don't doubt it at all. I just don't think it was all this skinwalker shit that everyone else is talking about. Because, well, it's not real. They're all just cryptids that people used to talk about to spook their buddies. But now the cancer that has become of /x/ acts like it's a fact that they exist.
If you're really worried about it, don't be. But if you do hear any shit like that again, PLEASE pull out your phone or some shit, call the cops, and then document it.
If it's real and you actually catch footage of it, sweet. But more importantly, try to keep it in that area. Sure enough cops will show up and kill it
Either way I've been proved wrong and any and all cryptids may be real
>>
AJ you say? I bet it was some tweaker. There's nothing in that town except crackheads
>>
>>17813309
Its basic lore. Anyone who denies the fact they are humans its on them. They have always been classified as humans

>>17813327
I literally denied the fact it could be a skinwalker and you still give me shit. Pls
>>
>>17813333
I was more so giving shit towards the entirety of /x/ as of late. Don't take offense to it
>>
>>17813327

Yeah. I have a flip phone but I'll certainly not keep it in the car next time.

I wish it had decided to spook me when I still had my horse with me. That horse once scared away a coyote... which, I guess, aren't too hard to scare away.
>>
>>17813332

Hah, yeah, but this is further north- mostly burbs that just kinda stop. It's further from Main/Apache Trail.
>>
>>17813334
OK bby. Yea and I completely understand where you're coming from
>>
Ayy I'm from Mesa too, I never would of guessed that there is stuff like that out here. I live in the ghetto part though.
>>
File: shadow_demon_falling.jpg (49KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
shadow_demon_falling.jpg
49KB, 432x432px
>>17813105
OP, I will float you a hypothesis:

What you saw was a creature. It's equally as nervous around you, as you are around it. The creature doesn't speak English. It heard you laugh once, typically when you're calm and at ease, so it tried to communicate with you by mimicking the sounds it's heard you make. Kind of like those people who meow back at cats, even though cats meowing are actually them trying to sound like humans.

Anyways. I suggest you don't go hunting it. I suggest you don't go calling the cops, busting out cameras, and trying to make a big deal out of it.

I do suggest you try contacting it again. Try laughing. Even though you might be nervous as hell, force yourself to be calm. And what the hell, why not try saying "Hello?" It might be friendly.

Different methods to try for communication:
- Bring out some crystals, or shiny things and arrange them. See if it rearranges them after you leave.
- Make some drawings of what it looked like, as well as with you running your horse in circles.
- Prepare a plate of delicious food. It probably won't eat it, but it's the thought that counts.

Because maybe it's just your imagination. Maybe it's SPOOOOPY DEMON who wants to EAAAEAAT your sooooou~l! Or maybe, just maybe for once it's actually just another intelligent creature that for some reason, somehow we've never discovered before. If so, are you going to screw this chance up by getting all paranoid about it? Or do you have the balls to just calm it down, and establish a means of communication based on mutual understanding?
>>
OP is a fucking faggot
>>
>>17813333
>>17813309
>>17813196
when they are talking about skinwalkers in a non-human way, they are generally referring to "fleshgaits" which used to be called skinwalkers until this kind of confusion became too much and then there were a bunch of arguments and now people just call them whatever.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.