[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most common and repeated attributes of national

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

What are the most common and repeated attributes of national park disappearances? Can we make a list that includes as much detail as possible? I have a theory about this but I need to know what is similar between the cases.
I'll start:
>Disappearances most often by people who are alone and unarmed
>On average very old and very young
>Often bodies are found without shoes
>Cars are found with missing owners but with the keys still in the ignition
>Dogs are unable to follow the scents of missing people
>Disappearances usually happen in daylight or just before dusk
>US government unwilling to provide details of investigations
What other patterns exist in these disappearances?
>>
>>17813093
Literally just read missing 411, there's more info there than you'll get from any of these nerds
>>
>>17813101
I was hoping if there was anything else i could add to the list somebody on /x/ would help out. I don't have time to feather through every missing persons case
>>
>Nothing is ever stolen from bodies - cameras and vehicles are normally found intact
>>
>>17813113
You can be feathering through that shit right now lady
>>
File: Brian_Faeries_57.jpg (54KB, 426x600px) Image search: [Google]
Brian_Faeries_57.jpg
54KB, 426x600px
>>17813093
So what theory are you going on?

You thinking it has to do with the boogens?
>>
>>17813093

Notice straight down the middle there? According to that map the dead center midwest is clear, hmmm.
>>
>>17813202
Right. Disappearances normally happen in / near forest or boulder fields. Not a lot of that in the plains.

>>17813093
>who are alone and unarmed
Often they're not alone. Out of sight. Just for a minute, or because they're walking last in the line. The others see and hear nothing.
>>
>>17813188
hear me out
I figure i could go with evidence reflecting the search of missing persons first: Let's look at the tracking dogs that are used to locate the person of interest. It is reported that on average the dogs can not find any trace of the person as if they vanished out of thin air. This means 2 things: Either the person has vanished in a way that evades the tracking dogs, or the dogs can't track in the first place
>>
>>17813477
Exploring the 2nd option first: If the dogs can't track in the first place it would lead me to assume that the 'hunt' for these missing people is staged.
>>
>>17813481
"It's said that it's just about impossible to lose a team of trained tracking dogs".
Apparently one method of evading a bloodhound or german shepherd is by covering your body in petroleum jelly and changing into clean clothes stashed elsewhere. The "crossing rivers" trick doesn't actually work.
>>
>>17813292

Makes sense. So, don't head for the hills? XD
>>
>>17813491
So what gives?
One of the best ways to evade track dogs is by changing into clean or different clothes. Missing persons cases seem peculiar because the track dogs can't find where the scent leads. This is why I belive that the dogs either are not actually tracking dogs OR whatever is causing these people to dissapear knows and understand proper evasion techniques.
>>
>>17813502
This sorta idea of a conspiracy just to make it look like people just disappear....
Is this the /x/ I have heard about in legend?
>>
>>17813502
Exploring the nature of these disappearances and what they have in common is that very young or very old people seem to dissapear the most. Why is this? For one thing, kidnapping these types of people is easier. They will struggle less than a full grown adult. Why is this important? Whatever is causing the dissapearances may be after easy picking. People that can be overwhelmed easily. It would be quite easy to follow a group of people and wait until a weak one breaks off from the group
>>
>>17813202
It's probably got everything to do with tourism. What parts of the country were designated as natural parks in the first place had a lot to do with tourism profitability, and that means proximity to population centers (for hotels and services, and short-range tourists).

There are plenty of disappearances in the midwest, but nobody goes looking because out here instead of a national park it's just called "the woods" and the local sheriff's office can do fuck all to help find you.
>>
>>17813515
This leads me to the missing shoes problem. Why do some bodies found have missing shoes? Because living in the wilderness requires, above all else, proper foot protection. Shoes also wear out quite quickly if they're not designed for rugged terrain. The shoes could be taken for exactly what they're made for: wearing. Because it takes time for shoes to wear out, and because not every body found is missing shoes it points to an interesting point: Is it possible that people are living in the bush, kidnapping people to eat and using their clothing to continue existing?
>>
>>17813526
Why during daylight or before dusk? If somebody is kidnapped at these times, it makes tracking them extremely difficult. Right as the sun goes down humans have lower visual acuity.
>>
>>17813534
Finally, if the track dogs are actually fake - there is evidence to suggest that the government knows and is protecting whatever or whomever lives in national parks. It could be other humans, natives, a creature perhaps?
>>
Early Detection – Know you’re being chased; whether by early detection sensors, seismic alert systems, radio interception, or other methods.
Navigate Through Heavily Populated Areas – If you’re in an urban environment, stay in heavily populated areas. This will keep the dogs from being able to pick up your scent, and watchful eyes will have to pick you out of a massive crowd.
If In The Woods, Watch Your Step – Try to use river beds when possible. If there’s snow, seek dry ground.
Pee On Three Different Trees, In A Triangular Pattern – I don’t mean to draw a triangle on three trees, but rather to use your scent to mark three different trees in different directions. This will buy you some time.
Understand Dogs’ Weaknesses – Dogs that are trained to track scent. They are restrained by their owners. Be in better shape than their owner, and you greatly increase your odds of evading search dogs.
Carry Pepper Spray – Or as I often refer to it as “Prepper-Spray”. If you have a rail mounted pepper spray, you’re always ready to repel an attack, or confuse their scent. Spray a square on the ground, and spray your feet. The scent is too painful for dogs to willingly choose to follow.
Obviously these methods of track dog evasion aren't occuring in national parks. I'm only listing this beacuse it makes a curious point about dissapearances.
>>
The other thing is that these bodies or circumstances with their bodies usually have all camera equipment and/or vehicles in tact - they are not being kidnapped to be robbed. What are they doing with the bodies? Humans can be used as a source for food. Food for whom or what?
>>
>>17813202
That's because there's fucking nothing there, it's all flatlands that people drive through to get to either mountain range, where there's shit worth looking at. The only exception is the Badlands up north, got no explanation for that.
>>
>>17813491
>crossing rivers doesn't work
Of course it doesn't. You need to get into the river and then swim downstream with your body submerged
>>
>>17813681
i'm just making the point of how easily these people dissapear even when 'trained' dogs are used to locate them. In reality it should be a lot harder to lose a trackdog
>>
>>17813616
someone in one of these threads talked about what if it is just an animal super good at killing humans? the kind so good that no one lives to warn others, imagine something like a pheromone something could use on you to draw you close enough.

if flies could speak to each other, do you think any would be able to warn others of the venus fly trap?
>>
>>17813733
The animal hypothesis is interesting but doesn't explain how people leave eyeshot for a minute or two and don't return. How would an animal know that opportune moment? I was reading about a dissapearance when a group of 3 hikers were walking a trail at dusk and one of them at the back completely dissapeared without raising an alarm to the rest of the group
>>
>>17813101
Same here, just returned the Eastern US edition to the library. What did you think?
>>
Here is where the evidence is directing me:
A highly intelligent entity is living in America's national parks, living off of and scavaging the remains of visitors that are vulnurable and easily incapacitated. Whether or not the government knows about this depends on the competence of the search parties.
>>
Nah, people are just retards.
>>
>>17813093
>missing found in marshes, briar patches, or swamps
>eyewitnesses who have actually seen what was perpetrating the abductions say it resembles a bipedal bear or dog
>reports from abductees being fed by this creature (berries mostly)
>if found alive, typically in a state of confusion and disorientation, not remembering the time spanned while missing
>numerous reports of the found having a slight fever
>many times found well fed and unscathed by the elements, even dry dispite heavy rain ( that always hampers seaches)
>SAR(search and rescue) K9 units abruptly lose the sent of the individual or refuse to follow further
And heres some unique but interesting points
>the FBI investigator in charge of the disappearances in the Smokey Mountain National Park Killed himself
>a handful of times armedArmy special forces were called in to assist with searches, but acted independently from the SAR coordinating effort

Whatchu got cooking OP?
>>
>>17813526
One missing person account in 411 quotes a ranger stating that there are "wild men" living in some of these areas. I doubt the motivation is sustenance however, access to food in these areas whether through foraging, stealing from camps, or hunting/fishing carries much less risk involved than being tracked by authorities. Also bare in mind that these cases do not report what one would consider a crime scene. The absence of blood, bone, and associated trauma points to this. When deceaced are found, the coroner's report will list the cause of death as exposure 95% of the time.
>>
>>17813539
Time to explore the other side of your theory, they can't pick up the scent because its not there. If one were to be carried away, the mediums the dogs would normally follow aren't there.
>>
>>17813534
If it were a nocturnal creature it creates an advantage, and a disadvantage for the searchers.

Glad we're hashing out ideas, I was bummed I wouldn't be reading Paulides tonight.
>>
>>17813757
Ambush predators are extremely effective in the wild. And if we run with this theory, this creature is somewhat intelligent. But I do see your point, how is it done so quietly?
>>
File: received_10156637579150478.jpg (22KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
received_10156637579150478.jpg
22KB, 540x540px
Give Cullen Finnerty a quick search:
>guy is beeg american footbol man
>goes out fishing one day (alone)
>no one hears from him for roughly 24 hours
>makes frantic phone call to his wife (or sister? i can't remember)
>tells her somethings been following him and he's lost
>cue radio silence

In the evening of May 28, Finnerty was found dead in the woods by local search crews one mile from his fishing boat in Lake County, Michigan. His body had no signs of trauma and was dressed for the elements. The autopsy released in August 2013, showed Cullen died of pneumonia brought on by inhalation of vomit after he became disoriented.

"It was possibly because of oxycodone combined with having a degenerative brain disease."
>>
I'm sorry you guys fell for the David Paulides meme. In short, he's full of shit. He omits key details and contorts facts and concepts to fit his books. We literally had a thread last week discussing this. But here, take it from a SAR volunteer that took the time to look into his bullshit:

https://m.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/2rp21p/missing_child_robot_grandma_national_parks/
>>
>>17814051
more of a Charles Hall fan?
>>
>>17814067

Nope. Just cannot understand the fascination with Paulides' story telling since we've been debunking it on here since 2013.
>>
>>17814071
I guess it's sort of like comparing rod serling with boris karlof, same shit different presentation.
>>
>>17813188
>me
>homeless
>see skinny ass white dude hiking
>bash his head with a rock and take his shoes
>>
I'm surprised no one has suggested satanists in some of these cases. Experts at capturing people out of sheer practice.
>>
>>17813093
Anon, your map can be used to map population density, more or less.
Also:

>Disappearances most often by people who are alone and unarmed
Duh. Not likely to defend themselves.
>On average very old and very young
Easy to overpower and guillible.
Good shoes are expensive, so they're a good target to steal, along with watches, jewellery and electronics. Alternatively, if you keep someone captive, you need to prevent them from running away.
>Cars are found with missing owners but with the keys still in the ignition
Cheap cars may be pretty much worthless. Also, if you're not looking for money, it's easy to abduct someone who is just taking a stroll outside of the car - or for that person to fall in a forest creek, crack their skull, and float away.
>Dogs are unable to follow the scents of missing people
Crossing bodies of water (especially rivers where you can emerge further), every person who has been in a demonstration knows that, so if you want to abduct someone, you definitely do.
>Disappearances usually happen in daylight or just before dusk
Cops are more suspicious during the night, so it's actually often easier to get away with shit during the day.
>US government unwilling to provide details of investigations
They never do with any investigations. That's just standard procedure.

Seems like they're generic abductions. Considering how much serial killers you guys have in US, it doesn't seem out of ordinary.
>>
>>17814963
There is no such thing as satanists, not in the sense you're using the term. Satanic panic was pure bullshit.
Real satanists are mostly harmless occultists, or edgy atheists.
>>
hey guys whats going on in this thread?

sounds like you're refering to a clever predator
>>
>>17814051
Good read, but one question of how the missing cover such great distances in so little time is not answered. Thoughts?
>>
animals that shape shift and bring humans down for breeding and fucked up shit cuz there fags
>>
>>17813512
yes, this is the tinfoil goodness of old
>>
>>17813502
>Changing into new clothes is an effective evasion technique
>The clothes of the disappeared person are often found removed and undamaged away from the body, sometimes folded
>Dogs lose scent, person is gone forever

Maybe these people want to disappear
>>
Dogmen obviously.
>>
>>17815096

How do we know Paulides' is being truthful in that regards? As the guy on Reddit says, he does change SOME names for "protection" and it makes corroboration impossible. Maybe you can present a specific case and we can try to source the story?
>>
>>17813677
On the contrary, it is not all flatlands. Missouri, Arkansas and Illinois contain the Ozark Mountains. Large national forests are found throughout this area, with lots of tourists visiting yearly. Ever hear of Branson?
There's a big recreation area in western Kentucky with tons of tourists and literally an island of forested, uninhabited state park. Seems like the usual "flyover states" dismissal, not based on any actual facts.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 666x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 666x500px
>>17813093
Fuck off and let me eat people

>>17814994
t. satanist
>>
>>17814994
False. There are the edge lord satanists then there are the real satanists...
>>
>>17813774
HAHAHHAHA NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>17815448
Aren't there other ways to kill yourself?
>>
>tfw family member with a young child is taking them camping for the first time soon

hope i was able to spread the paranoia good enough, would suck to know someone who disappeared mysteriously. would be consumed by the mystery
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.