[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else ever have dreams where they are in a house,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12

Does anyone else ever have dreams where they are in a house, apartment or building (or anywhere, these are just places that I've visited in this particular type of dream) and you start running into people who are just as baffled to be there and to interact with you as you are? Or where you run into people who have been there for a while and are used to visitors and don't give you much attention, seemingly preoccupied with their own goals?

I've had this type of dream lately and the people in it always agree that they are real people who are sharing a common experience of being in the same space. The people sometimes seem to be reluctant to call what we're experiencing a dream. The word "simulation" or "video game" are things I've heard to describe it while talking to others in these dreams. The weird thing about these spaces where we meet is that the houses and spaces always seem to have very particular and unique furnishings and objects, almost as if these spaces have been "lived-in" for extended periods of time. These buildings are always very labyrinthine, but have exits. They seem multi-leveled and bigger on the inside than on the outside, like you could explore them forever, finding rooms around strange corners. They always seem cluttered, like I said before. Notes on the walls, things on the floor. These seem to be heavily-traveled places.

What I find particularly strange about these dreams is that they always have the same "feeling," that feeling being very different than other dreams I have. One aspect of this feeling is almost ineffable, very difficult to describe. Just a very specific type of atmosphere. The second aspect of this unique feeling is that I feel more lucid than usual in these dreams. Not completely lucid, but definitely more lucid than in other dreams, where I usually feel like nothing more than a passive observer.
>>
I sometimes dream about this one mall that I've visited numerous times in my dreams and im particular a record store in that mall is where I spend most the dream. I talk with other customers there just as if it were a real place. Always seems odd when I wake up. Like I try to pinpoint where that mall is in real life but I don't think it really exists. It's also kinda like not in the present but stuck in the 90's as that would be when there were actually still record stores in malls etc.
>>
>>17811312
You are spiritually connected to that place, and so are the other people there. It seems like they may have a collective mission however there is no hierarchy or enforcement to ensure that the objectives are pursued, thus the uncoordinated and meandering state you experienced in your dream.
>>
File: whatnowtowerstothesky_1920.jpg (1MB, 1920x1354px) Image search: [Google]
whatnowtowerstothesky_1920.jpg
1MB, 1920x1354px
>>17811312
Cont'd

Anyway, like I said, the most important thing about these dreams is the fact that there are other people who seem to be in the same strange situation as me, seeing other people and realizing that they think they're dreaming or in a simulation too. Last night, we all got around a table, there were about 12 people or more, and we were discussing the situation. I remember one person seeming very stressed out about the implications of the whole thing, and started having a bit of a breakdown. I can't remember what we discussed otherwise exactly.

Now, before you call me a role-player, I'm not fucking around here. This really happened to me, but I am completely open to the idea that this is just another type of dream that one can have and has absolutely nothing to do with the paranormal whatsoever. I'm fine with that. I'm just curious to see if anyone has these same experiences, and to see if we can find any commonalities in our experiences. If we can, then maybe this is more than just dreaming after all.
>>
>>17811323
If this is a recurring dream, then it is similar to >>17811332 however there is coordination, the other people in the store are in the same position as you.

Do you have any particular religious (or occult) pursuits?
>>
>>17811338
>>17811338
No, I don't really have any occult pursuits. I'm marginally interested in some spiritual philosophy, Alan Watts, Hinduism, Shamanistic cultures, etc but nothing big.

I have taken acid, mushrooms, and salvia a couple of times, but not recently.
>>
File: 7419732808_757235f8d4_c.jpg (197KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
7419732808_757235f8d4_c.jpg
197KB, 800x531px
>>17811332
I don't know. It never seems to occur in the same place. The commonality is that the meeting place seems to be heavily lived-in, but I feel like I've been in at least 2 separate buildings/apartments now.
>>
>>17811381
>I'm marginally interested in some spiritual philosophy
This would be my interpretation of the dream. You are basically "Shopping" at a kind of spiritual place but not really willing to go all the way, and there are other people who are doing the same thing.

If you are interested in exploring further, pay attention. Your experience occurs in a record place. Maybe try paying attention to any music you listen to or asking for some guidance in another dream.

I personally wouldn't and would turn to Jesus and ask him to cast away the sources of this experience for the glory of God.
>>
File: 6692309107_184ac871a1_z.jpg (192KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
6692309107_184ac871a1_z.jpg
192KB, 640x476px
Posting pictures that remind me of these spaces.
>>
>>17811333
>>17811396
Your experience interests me. Can you please tell me about your religious perspective?

>I remember one person seeming very stressed out about the implications of the whole thing
I personally feel that the reason for this is recent religious events.

>I feel like I've been in at least 2 separate buildings/apartments now.
Are you aware of having jumped or merged dimension in real life at all?
>>
>>17811418
My religious perspective is unset. I basically am agnostic but open to a higher power. I also feel that there is a certain degree of accuracy in the theory of panpsychism.

I have no idea what you mean about jumping dimensions though.

>>17811403
Interesting possibility.
>>
>>17811433
>My religious perspective is unset. I basically am agnostic but open to a higher power. I also feel that there is a certain degree of accuracy in the theory of panpsychism.
Can you tell us about your professional life? Are you in any kind of administrative or management position?

>I have no idea what you mean about jumping dimensions though.
It's like the sense that you have jumped into a different timeline.

> I can't remember what we discussed otherwise exactly
These discussions are real and what you talk about is blocked from your worldly memory.
>>
File: SAC.gif (484KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
SAC.gif
484KB, 1200x800px
More pictures. I find it odd that all the times I've had these dreams, the places are cluttered as fuck. Its like each passing person through these spaces leaves things behind or projects their own furnishings onto their surroundings when they arrive, and it all accumulates into one huge mess with no great amount of coherence or organization. I remember beds, soft, warm lighting, or indirect lighting, and running into the occasional person. I remember running into a girl last night who was particularly beautiful and quite thin and tall, in a nightgown I think. I was very interested in her, but she seemed to be preoccupied with her own wanderings through the place. She seemed to have been there for a while longer than me, almost familiar with the space in a way.
>>
File: Hdarger.jpg (412KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Hdarger.jpg
412KB, 720x540px
>>17811452
>Are you in any kind of administrative or management position?

Nope, I work a piddling job packaging food.

>It's like the sense that you have jumped into a different timeline.
Err, not particularly. Sometimes I feel like my life had a certain path around 2012 and I shifted around 2012 or 2013 to a different path. I was pursuing one girl and another girl came into my life and I went after her instead, leading to a long-term relationship. It always felt like I should have kept pursuing the other girl, though. My life would be very different now.
>>
I've had a lot of recurring locations in my dreams this year. Like an junk electronics store on top of a hill, a swamp, a gas station that's but the swamp and across the street form the electronics store, some country roads. It's such an odd experienece when you get your bearings in a dream and can subconsciously decide where you want to explore next because you recognize a landmark.
>>
File: clutter.jpg (116KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
clutter.jpg
116KB, 465x700px
bump
>>
>>17811455
It might relate to the group of people you associate with or your religious association. Given that you are agnostic, it could connect you to other agnostics.

Changing your religious perspective might relieve you of the dreams.

>>17811495
Is it like a wasteland with nobody around? What is your religious perspective?
>>
>>17811312
I dream about those odd places, too, but I usually do not interact with the people, except when they are chasing me.
>>
>>17811312
>>17811333
I have had dreams where I am in an endless warren of rooms filled with doors, some small and TINY, when you leave one room into the next it feels like you are in a different universe.
I ofetn get lost withing universes trying to get home, I lose my way and cannot find the route back to where I started.
Sometimes there arte other people in there, sometimes not.
i've never interacted with them, been to busy trying to find my way, getting buried deeper and deeper into the warren.
>>
I'm so glad you mentioned this OP. I have these a lot too. There's this storage building on my land that has something like this in it. Labyrnthine,infinitely big inside, lived-in and cluttery, and that weird vibe. I've had friends and family make a note of visiting the trailer in their dreams without telling them what to expect and the ones that did, my brother and a close friend, explained the same thing I saw. I've encountered many places like this. There's one bigger than all of the others and there's this implication that there's some sort of prize at the end. A green glow of some sort. Before my dad passed away he told me he's been there too, but he made it to a deeper level than me. No idea what's at the end, if anything.
>>
>>17811908
Just now got a chance to look at the pics OP we are definitely talking about the same thing. Any theories about what's up with this? Because this is one of the things that I am most fascinated with but few people seem to talk about it. This is definitely the first thread I've seen.
>>
File: milan-european-best-destinations.jpg (351KB, 1190x794px) Image search: [Google]
milan-european-best-destinations.jpg
351KB, 1190x794px
Sometimes I have this dream, where I'm taken by these really nice people, just utterly nice and in a good mood, through a circular, dome kind of room, with a high 100ft+ ceiling, and huge curving windows. Based on the way people are moving like they're intentionally headed somewhere and just passing through, it reminds me kind of an airport. Usually when I see this room, I'll say something like "Oh! I remember, I was here the last time I died." And they sort of look at me completely baffled like they're trying to figure out if I'm being serious or not. But are too polite, and don't want to say the wrong thing so just sort of awkwardly smile it away.

It's always extremely hard to concentrate during these dreams, because everything is just great. Absolutely good feelings all around. Eventually, I'll wind up in a room with lots of people in chairs, and view screens on the wall, and as I focus in on the screen everything will melt away and I'll realize I'm actually looking at my ceiling while laying in my bed. I never really "awaken" from these dreams, I just realize I've been staring at the ceiling all along.

Anyone else recall passing through that room in recent memory?
>>
File: 1460603085381.png (141KB, 827x847px) Image search: [Google]
1460603085381.png
141KB, 827x847px
>>17811312
Dreams. >>17786335
>>
>>17812333
>keep dreams in the general thread
That's not a rule

>keep divination in the divination general thread
Not a rule, and also allows LARP'y douche canoes to help bolster their epeen by using shitty trips to distinguish themselves sineatd of creating an OP trip in their own thread.

20 to 1 says dream general is now full of shitty tripfag dream interpreters. 5 to 1 says you are one.

Go pitch your shitty thread elsewhere. Advertising IS against the rules still. Asshole.
>>
File: 18701.jpg (31KB, 347x332px) Image search: [Google]
18701.jpg
31KB, 347x332px
>>17812379

If you don't try and keep dreams in one thread you end up with twenty different "I dreamed about a thing, what means?" threads. It's just to try and keep the clutter down. Same idea for the other generals.
>>
>>17812120
It is incredibly weird. Not sure about the green glow, but yeah.

My point with the post in the OP is that I believe that these spaces are basically meeting points for people who are dreaming. Some kind of astral projection into a shared space where real people are interacting via dream. At least, that's the implication every time I have this sort of dream. I've only had it 3 times, but man it is fascinating. I just wish there were a reliable way to access it to see if it's real.

Anyway, 3 bullet points for the TLDR-ers in this thread:

>A type of dream where it feels like you are sharing your dream with other, real people
>the shared area seems cluttered and lived-in
>each time I have a shared dream, it feels the same. It's an ineffable sort of lucidity or general atmosphere that permeates the dreamspace and separates it categorically from other dreams I've had, apart from the shared apsect of course
>>
>>17812416
I thought about posting there, but this is about an entirely separate phenomenon of shared/mutual dreaming. I'm not asking for an interpretation, I'm looking to see if others have talked to strangers in their dreams who've claimed to be dreaming as well.
>>
>>17812416
>noble intentions with a shitty delivery that guarantees that the things that make 4chan worth while will be stripped away.

/x/ isn't a busy place, friendo, it doesn't need generals when it's mast head plays host to the derelict sticky that is openly mocked.
>>
Nope. Airplanes, high school and ritzy hotels. Usually with round staircases that wrap around the lobby.
>>
>>17812333
The implication is that maybe these weren't dreams, and that's what would be paranormal about it.
>>
File: terangreal.jpg (113KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
terangreal.jpg
113KB, 900x675px
>Itt:
> Tel'aran'rhiod
Tread lightly, dreamwalkers.
>>
>>17811312
Dreams go here. >>17786335
>>
>>17812333
>>17814108
This is a specific sort of thing that deserves its own thread. Also, OP is thinking it's an astral projection sort of phenomena, something deeper and stranger than a normal dream. You guys aren't the fucking /x/ police, hide the thread if you don't like it douchebags.

>>17812427
I think that somehow people need to actually live there. Otherwise there wouldn't be that lived in sort of clutter right? Maybe people that are in comas and stuff live there. They'd be stuck in a dream semi-permanently right? And yeah, the green glow comes from the center of the big labyrinth, the implication being it represents a reward of some sort. This labyrinth is more of a challenge, with traps and stuff, and not as cozy and lived in, though there are cozy, lived in rooms more reminiscent of the other labyrinth homes. I encounter one often that's a school, but nobody does school stuff. Like you said it's infinitely big and has all sorts of neat rooms and sub levels. Gets creepy if you go deep enough in the basement though. When I took a car and tried to leave the roads sort of looped, like going off the edge of the stage in Pac-man, and brought me right back to the school. I know other people that have seen the same school, like my ex-gf for example. I wouldn't get too hung up over whether or not it's "real." I mean, it is real because we're talking about it, you've been there. Dreams are real because they're a real thing you know? What exactly would make it "real" to you? It's just a silly and pointless question.
>>
>>17813980
>more like HPL dreamlands
You fucking poseur.
>>
>>17814108
Hey look its a spawning ground for new tripfaggots to gain epeen. Just like I fucking said it would be. Fuck your shitty thread and your shitty ego, pal.

>search the thread for !!
>16 results
>>
hey OP, dreams go here. >>17786335
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.