[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this once and for all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 67

File: BlankMap-USA-states.png (31KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
BlankMap-USA-states.png
31KB, 1513x983px
Which state is the spookiest?
>>
Idaho, New Jersey, Virginia, Maine, and Louisiana are the spoopiest imo.
>>
>>17808206
The fat one.
>>
File: dick-tracy-foes.jpg (53KB, 461x437px) Image search: [Google]
dick-tracy-foes.jpg
53KB, 461x437px
I've been in the State of Paranoia for sometime now, it's pretty spooky.
>>
>>17808216
Idaho? Wtf? What is in Idaho?
>>
Arizona.
>Vast expanses of desolate deserts
>Contatins part of Interstate 10, a highway notorious for human trafficking

That's a pretty unsettling combination.
>>
>>17808241
The Scary and Dreaded Idaho Potato Bug .
>>
>>17808329

Plus the blonde tarantulas. I drove through there years ago and kept seeing what I thought were tumbleweeds. Eventually realized that they were tarantulas.
>>
File: Louisiana_in_United_States_svg.png (234KB, 1024x634px) Image search: [Google]
Louisiana_in_United_States_svg.png
234KB, 1024x634px
There can be only one champion, boys.
>>
File: Ramsdell.jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ramsdell.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
>>17808206
Michigan. We have Dogman, our own Bermuda Triangle and haunted asylums and Theaters
>>
Any spoops in Ohio? The only thing I can think of is this bed and breakfast outside the Canton–Massillon-Akron area that's supposedly haunted.
>>
Not mine. Anyone who says Georgia belongs on a list of creepiest places has probably visited Savannah, taken a ghost tour and assumed that the rest of the state had legitimately creepy or haunted places.

It used to have plenty, back before the 90's. But the overwhelming majority of the places that used to be good for that sort of thing have been demolished to make room for commercial expansion and Atlanta's gradual outward crawl.

For as long as I live here, odds are not good that I'll ever have any sort of "paranormal experience."
>>
>>17808206
State of my mind.
>>
obviously Massachusetts
>>
>>17808706
There's some rumors in Shawnee Park. Also lots of shit happens in that general area. Did when I lived there, anyway.

I also recall something about a haunted watchtower of some kind. Supposedly a kid climbed up in it and fell to his death, so they cemented up the entrance. Can't for the life of me remember where it is even though I've been there.
>>
Louisiana
Wetlands, woods, slave ghosties, most haunted city, civil war ghosties, murder captial at one point, pig men lol
There's a lot of spookies man
>>
>>17808329
Can verify, tons of haunted towns/ghost towns and haunted schools and buildings. Dont even get me started on the non paranormal spoops like Cartel groups south of the I-10 camping in the hills.
>>
>>17808764
>pig men

wut
>>
>>17808764
Yeah I'm going with Louisiana. Slaves, swamps, and spooks.
>>
File: c.png (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
25KB, 500x500px
>>17808724
>tfw no paranormal experiences
>>
>>17808241
Go up towards Bonners, pretty much north of CdA and it gets kinda spoop up there
>>
>>17808799
nah, all that hill country is peaceful and nature-like. Great places to get your outdoorsman on. pennsylvania is pretty freakin creepy tho. holy shit. them woods.
>>
File: realfuckinspooky.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
realfuckinspooky.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>17808798
For how fascinated I am by the paranormal, you'd think I would have an experience or two to cite as a reason for my interest in the subject, but nope, I've never seen or heard a goddamn thing. Maybe the ghosts/aliens/demons have been avoiding me my whole life. Maybe that's the real paranormal experience, is going through life without one. Man.
>>
Virginia . Civil war .. revolutionary war . Slaves random spoops
>>
Oregon

Spoopy mist shrouded rainforests
Endless beaches at the edge of the continent, dotted here and there with tourist towns that are practically closed in the off season, eight months out of the year
Steep remote mountains filled with abandoned failed mines
Vast, open tracts of desert and scrub, with caves filled with human remains going back 16,000 years
By far the least populated state on the west coast
pioneer cemeteries
Resort towns built by east coast millionaires, failed, abandoned, then turned to ghosts towns and swallowed by the sea
extensive cave systems
Sites of Indian wars and massacres
>>
Nevada

ayy lmaos
Area 51
lots of eerie emptiness, even in daylight
weird small towns with weird folks
survivalists
rogue mormon fundamentalists
the building with the brick-throwing ghost
>>
File: h0i!.png (39KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
h0i!.png
39KB, 512x512px
Washington.

Now I don't give a rat's ass about bigfoot, but there's a retarded amount of undeveloped forest on the entire west side of the state that has shit in it that will kill you so fast and so hard that Satan himself would chuck cookies upon seeing your mangled corpse.

There ain't no ghosts in WA, son. That's cuz whoever, whatever lives out there just ain't holy.

And if you see them stairs, you better think fucking twice before climbing em.
>>
Indiana
-Entire state is built upon ritual mounds
- Is known as the second most miserable state in the U.S.
- Has the unique ability to cause complacent mediocrity among inhabitants
- Has secret community of "Succubus"
-Large machine like bellows come across area at 4:00 A.M. At times can be perceived as shakes.
- Cities seem almost virtually empty at the dead of night. Almost as if the entire day was staged.
>>
>>17808976
This post represents the perfect amount of humor, terror and intrigue for /x/ and what it should be/used to be.
>>
>>17808980
Tell me more about the succubus and bellows.

Does anyone have any Florida stories or legends? Moving there soon from WA. Gonna be driving from Texas all the way over after hopping a plane from Seattle to Dallas.
>>
>>17808206
NH. old white people who live isolated in the woods
>>
Definitely Louisiana. Nothing creepier than the south Louisiana swamps at night.
>>
Are you shitting me? Fucking Massachusetts, home of the Salem witch trials. I can't even piss against a wall without spraying on a no-shit magick-with-a-k shop around here. There aren't enough matches to burn all the Wiccans and Pagans here, not to mention the psychics and palm readers.
>>
>>17808990
lived in FL as a kid. most spooky thing there is probably the fire ants, they swarm and bite like no tomorrow
>>
>>17808990
They're not what you think anon. I put quotations above succubus, because these are women with sordid and fucked backgrounds. That meticulously ruin lives in the name of thanatos. As for the bellows, they're like these thunderous as fuck inexplicable sounds that cause tiny shakes. I've asked locals about it, and damn near everyone acknowledges it but refuse to give it more attention.
>>
>>17809008
Shit's nuts during Halloween tho. Crazy fucking party
>>
>>17808241
corn is pretty scary desu
>>
>>17809076
I didn't see your original post about this until after I read this and thought you were defining "succubus" with the whole "every woman is a succubus" woman-hating thing. So, this is a secret community? Can you tell us more about it?

Same goes for the bellows thing, are there any recordings of it? I love listening to the inexplicable booms people hear sometimes. That actually is something that happens here in Georgia, happens in places I've lived/do live though I'm never in the area when they happen, somehow.
>>
SC, I've seen my fair share of spooky shit here.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAOFZ-D5nBg

this is the only video I can find that has it, however it's missing the large sublevel booming. Everyone seems to know of it here, yet continue to accept it as a normal thing despite it going unexplained.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRPi72A-YQ0
Here's a video about it on the news from 2 years ago, even experts are stumped. I should note, this is not the first time it's been touched on the news. It recently came up a few days ago, still without explanation. As for the succubuses, i'm still learning about them. I know they believe themselves to be lustful beings wielding fleshy vessels. They aim to prey on lost and misguided individuals, to appease their deity in which they believe extend their lifespans.
>>
Maine obviously
>>
I can tell you guys one thing,

and that it DEFINITELY ain't michigan.

michigan is about as paranormal as a bottle of lotion
>>
File: spooker.png (52KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
spooker.png
52KB, 1513x983px
>>17808206

Michigan confirmed for top spookerino
>>
>>17808206
obviously florida
>>st augustine oldest city in the us look it up
>>spanish forts with dungeons
>>lots of slavery going back 400 years
>>battle at matanzas; men women children slaughtered by the hundreds
>>pirates
>>history everywhere
>>
>>17810989
>>alligators
>>>gays
>>>>>>>>>alligaytors
>>
>>17810979
kekkekekekek
>>
>>17808329
Or as I like to call it, "home."
>>
>>17808976
ftairs! we found ftairs!
>>
The gas prices in California are spooky
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 183x275px
>>17809076
>mfw my mom lives in Indiana and she's mentioned these women.
>also mfw I'm gay and mom has never been more relieved.
>>
>>17808976
>shit that will kill you

I guess if you fall off a cliff. Die from exposure. Get murdered by an unemployed logger. Get trampled by Twilight fans.
>>
>>17811591
Well mate you still have to deal with incubi.
>>
>>17811631
I might be ok with this. But I read somewhere, a long time ago, that gay sex kills incubi.
>>
>>17808990
Meth, Cubans dumping bodies, and that's about it
>>
>>17808690
And negros
>>
>>17808950
Zak from Ghost Bros is also opening his museum too
>>
>>17808358
Those things are cute.
>>
>>17809076
>>17811591

I want a town or region in Indiana where this is all most predominant or are they wanderers?
>>
>>17808980
I live in southern Indiana, the spookiest thing we ever hear about is the goatman across the bridge near Louisville. There's nothing really spooky or miserable about this state, it's just lame.
>>
Deep South man, especially Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.

Grew up in rural Alabama, had lots of weird shit in general. Weird vibes, abandoned shit, and every state university seems to have their own Civil War ghost making mischief. Also, you get some really crazy individuals every now and then.

Louisiana for obvious reasons, especially the religious hodge-podge of Voodoo, Pentacostal Baptists, Southern white Jehova's Witness, Catholicism, Saintaria etc.
>>
>>17813002
Forgot, mentioned MS because I had my first and only paranormal encounter there. The Octagonal House, anyone hear of it before?
>>
>>17813014
No, but please do tell.
>>
alaska with all those penguins
>>
Delaware shits so spooky there is nothing in it
>>
File: waverly hills.jpg (544KB, 4000x2248px) Image search: [Google]
waverly hills.jpg
544KB, 4000x2248px
Well, I don't know if we're (kentucky) the spookiest but we have pic related. It's pretty fucking haunted.
>>
State of existence. *drops mic*
>>
>>17813024
>Be 12
>Went to junior high church youth retreat thing in some place in MS
>Riding back home down a small highway through the woods
>One kid suddenly vomits everywhere
>No room to pull over, steep shoulder
>Pull over in first driveway that appears
>Long driveway, driver finds a large almost parking lot in front of an old house.
>We all get out of the bus for fresh air and to look around while they make sure the vomiting girl doesn't need an ambulance or what is wrong with her, and to clean.

>Walk around, see old family cemetery with headstones dating in the 1800s mostly
>Walk up to the house and see one of those historical landmark signs
>Read that it is the Octagonal House, on an old family plantation.
>Beneath sign is an advertisement for the haunting tours.
>It is September, they are happening right now.

>We go back to the bus to ask to go on tour
>Girl is still queasy, no longer vomiting, feels weak.
>They give us permission to tour

>Go to front door.
>Locked
>Peer inside, then someone points out that on the sign it says they don't offer tours on Sundays
>It's Sunday.

>cont
>>
>>17813108
>A buddy and I decide to go around to the back and see what's there, and to see if the barn could be entered
>Hear movement from above when we get to the back of the house
>Look up, see window open on the third and top floor, white sheer curtains flapping from apparently internal wind or something.
>Point it out to friend, then immediately get distracted by a huge anole lizard crawling on the banister right in front of me.
>Friend taps me on the shoulder.
>Look up, see a little girl of about 4 or 5 years with brown hair and a red bow bending over the windowsill outside and staring down at us.
>Wave
>Friend less autist than me, speaks up "Is the house open for tours!?!"
>No response, she just stares
>Notice her hair [though loose] is not moving in the wind, while the curtains around her are billowing from breeze.
>We both scram, her stare was starting to terrify us
>As soon as we are about 2 miles past the place after leaving, the girl who threw up is perfectly fine, no nausea or weakness.
>Only mention this to each other
>Use Internet to investigate later.
>Discover a little girl died after falling out the window of the third floor. Another girl died from falling down the stairs from the third floor.

Kind of meh, but it stuck with me, especially her stare. And the red bow.
>>
Basically new England and some places in the south, specifically places that were involved in the civil war
>>
All that happens in NC is jack and several forms of shit.
>>
>>17812029
Wanderers is right anon, but I should note they blend in as regular individuals. The only way to tell them apart is by the chokers on their necks adorned by trinkets.(sometimes distinguishable chain necklaces). I'd give irvington a try though, that 's where I discovered their little cult agenda. I have to admit, I kind pussied out and bailed after overhearing their conversations in fear of being targeted
>>
>>17808206

Cadana
>>
Most of the New England states. They have the longest history. Therefore more potential spoops. That, and the dirty south for civil war reasons, and hillbilly inbreds...maybe also out west for ayy lmao reasons.
>>
>>17813002
Seconding Alabama. You're hard pressed to find somebody who HASNT had some kind of experience around here, even if they need a couple beers to get it outta them. Paper mill where that kid died, the entirety of Bear Creek Swamp where they keep finding those animal sacrifice areas, sheds with bones and sigils and shit everywhere, the legend about the bitch that comes out the waters of bear creek, not to mention the fields of fucking dolls scattered about there. You also have the entirety of chilton county which if you ever drive through at night you'll understand. Not to mention the plethora of slave lands and plantation houses. Racial tensions are still bad enough that if you drive down back roads at night, you can very well stumble upon some burning damn crosses (I am not shitting you, gf and I go in drives at night as a hobby (it's Alabama nothing else to do) and we've seen it more than once). Topping it all off is that this place is 90% trees. The cities don't have a nearby forest. The forests have nearby cities(read: towns, villages). It's rather easy to take a dirt road and end up in a 5 building community of three families or so that all know each other. Last time this happened we drove in and literally everyone just stopped and stared down my car. No talking no sound just staring at us like they were on edge. We quickly bolted.
>>
>>17808329
Grew up in Arizona. Moved a lot, at least ten times in my 20 years there. Every single house I lived in was haunted. Doors slamming, screaming that only one person heard, kids laughing, me and my brother (when we were little) talking to invisible people.

None of them were particularly bad except the second house we lived in. My brother was targeted hard. Couldn't sleep most nights, receeded from the family, started being just dark in general. Eventually my mom saw something too, she opened his closet to put up his laundry and there was (how she described) a boy that was "stretched too tall", but definitely a child, hanging in the closet by a power cord, and it looked melted, and when she screamed it pointed and laughed at her. We moved the next day, brother been fine since.

When I moved to Houston (terrible choice BTW) it all stopped. Family back home still has stuff happen tho
>>
File: 1451424054074.jpg (59KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
1451424054074.jpg
59KB, 453x439px
>>17811368
>when they keep writing "f" for "s"
>>
File: Tese 2.png (38KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
Tese 2.png
38KB, 1513x983px
>>17808206
>>
File: spookiest.jpg (350KB, 1000x636px) Image search: [Google]
spookiest.jpg
350KB, 1000x636px
>>17808206
>Which state is the spookiest?
The hypnagogic state
>>
File: 1455009999040.jpg (26KB, 450x562px) Image search: [Google]
1455009999040.jpg
26KB, 450x562px
For cryptids, somewhere out west definitely. New New Mexico or Nevada for UFOs, Washington for bigfoot, Oregon for hipsters.

Out east takes the cake for ghosts. Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Georgia have a ton of old spoops, especially civil war ones.

Florida and Louisiana are full of some fucked up voodoo magic. Would not want to be deep in the bayou at night.

I think one thing people forget is how scary the north woods can be. Upper Minnesota (where I am), Wisconsin, and the UP have things like cryptids (Michigan dogman, beast of bray road, giant lake serpents), Native American legends (wendigos) and things like abandoned mines. I'm heavily biased towards these states but I think they've got a quality of spoopiness not found in the rest of the United States.
>>
File: 1462727266395.jpg (19KB, 339x303px) Image search: [Google]
1462727266395.jpg
19KB, 339x303px
>>17808980
mfw somebody finally understands this backwards state.
>>
File: Champagne Video.png (82KB, 485x94px) Image search: [Google]
Champagne Video.png
82KB, 485x94px
>>17808241
The panhandle is a whole different world from the rest of the state. I could definitely see it being spoopy up there. Very mountainous and very rural.
>>
File: Explain cow.jpg (29KB, 317x357px) Image search: [Google]
Explain cow.jpg
29KB, 317x357px
>>17808736
>>
Missouri is mostly forest. Full of hundreds of animals. Ever been out in the woods at night? Scary as fuck. You hear shit and see shit that isnt there. Constant branchs snapping and animal noises. Wild dogs, hillbillies, hundreds of abandoned buildings throughout the woods, gangs, and meth labs full of phyco drug dealers high out of there minds. Missouri is pretty scary. Top 10 at least
>>
>>17813054
We have Mackys which is suppose to house a literal portal to hell.
>>
>>17808329
Can confirm, I live there.
The coyote howls are pretty chilling.
Then more than often the snowbirds decide to drive off into the desert and they don't get found until a year later.
Also we have fucking tarantula hawks. Those things are fucking terrifying
>>
>>17808206
>>17808216
Have you BEEN in northern Nevada?? Like any of the towns that aren't Reno or Vegas?
>>
>>17810979
Oh shit nigga
>>
File: 1375035941308.jpg (27KB, 540x466px) Image search: [Google]
1375035941308.jpg
27KB, 540x466px
>>17808980
>-Large machine like bellows come across area at 4:00 A.M.
Confirming this.
Its more like that 'thundering' sound when a really big plane is passing overhead, except that theres not a single plane in the sky.
I don't hear it very often (its probably been several months) but its so loud it always makes me stop what i'm doing to listen to it.

Also Indiana is filled with back roads that lead to dead stops right in the middle of the woods, and lots of those 'Crying womans' bridge' stories.
Where the lady supposedly had an accident over a bridge "somewhere", and the baby got thrown from the car, and the mothers ghost comes back every so often to wail and search for it. Apparently you're not supposed to stop your car on any of the wooden bridges at night, or you'll see claw marks and shit all over it
>>
>>17808657
This
>>
I think they are all spooky being built on Indian burial grounds and all.
>>
>>17814900
t. never go /out/

The humans of Missouri are scarier than any animal. You may have some black bear or wild hogs/dogs but that's nothing some bear spray or a rifle won't fix.
>>
>>17808206
Michigan and Pennsylvania
>>
>>17815099
Haha good one

No sorcerers live in Zion
>>
>>17810979
spook tight, spookerino!
>>
File: spoops and ladders.png (42KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
spoops and ladders.png
42KB, 1513x983px
Input?
>>
>>17808206
Nevada duh... That's where all the ayy lmaos come from. Second is Massachusetts
>>
File: stayoutthewoods.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
stayoutthewoods.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
Ill throw out my vote for Indiana as well. So many wierd experiences I don't know where to start.
As another anon stated its mostly lame... and it certainly is. Aside from the usual ghost, urban legend and UFO encounters I've heard of from family and friends that I believe 100%...
Theres several weird cults and groups of people I have seen first hand.

Driving a buddy home one night. He told me a story about his Dad hunting in some local woods and encountering 15-20 hooded people with candles crossing a back country road. He went back the next day to hunt some more and found an old refrigerator in the middle of the woods covered in severed animal parts. I asked him where it was, he showed me so I went to find it with a group of friends. We found it. No Animals but there was for sure dried blood all over it.
Also-
>A small village of nudists living in the woods near a major city that me and friends observed (giggity)
>Active KKK groups that assemble in the middle of a corn field
>A possible encounter with one of those "wanderers" in the middle of woods.

Louisiana is up there for sure as well.
>>
>>17808329
I can attest to this, lived here my whole life. There's abandoned buildings all over the place and more specifically, the Phoenix trotting park off the I-10 West to the south of it. It's been there since the 1960s and was abandoned not 10 years after its opening. This was due to its infectious nature, it caused cancer in a lot of people from the asbestos in the walls. This and strange lights in the sky, and other strange happenings.
>>
File: 1461449935793.jpg (14KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1461449935793.jpg
14KB, 599x337px
>>17815465
>>17814942
Oh sweet christ, I thought I was alone on all this shit. This place feels a cross between twin peaks and outlast when you dig enough.
>>
File: 1428962493899.jpg (21KB, 228x232px) Image search: [Google]
1428962493899.jpg
21KB, 228x232px
>>17808239
>>
Lousiana definitely has a lot of spoops and shit, but nearly all of it is concentrated in the southern parts of the state. I live in west central Louisiana and there isn't shit here. Natchitoches is the closest place i am to anything haunted and it isn't even really haunted. they have maybe a couple of "haunted" places max.
>>
>>17815201
Arizona is pretty freaking spooky.

Sometimes I wake up at two in the morning for no particular reason and I walk down to a gas station to buy cigarettes. I live near the mountains (like right next to them really) and a good portion of the walk is close to them. I always hears whispers on the wind and sometimes even see humanoid figures out in the distance.

Everywhere I've ever lived in Arizona; if it was near the mountains, creepy things would happen.
>>
>>17815895
No one really gave a fuck about central and northern Louisiana, historically. The south was where all the ports and plantations where, and the slave markets.
>>
>>17808976
WA fag here

Frequently camp innawoods, no spooks here.
>>
>>17808706
Franklin Castle and the Melonheads come to mind
>>
>>17810964
Kekd hard
>>
File: IMG_20160616_213251.jpg (105KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160616_213251.jpg
105KB, 1513x983px
Um... guys..
>>
File: Jack McBreer.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
Jack McBreer.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>17816226
>>
File: bridgebitch.jpg (2KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
bridgebitch.jpg
2KB, 268x188px
>>17814942
The lady near a bridge is one of those urban legends you always hear about and dismiss as "You watch too many movies"
Shit turns you white when you see it with A VAN FULL OF PEOPLE!

>Friend tells me a story about driving home in a snow storm with his mom and his twin bro
>They see a silhouette of a person in the middle of a road coming up on a back country road bridge
>Drive through the person
>Thinking they just killed someone they stop, get out and look around... nothing

I didn't believe him but was still creeped out nonetheless. A few years later I get his mom as a teacher in a computer class and she told the same story (unprovoked by me). I now believe him and his mom...
>Fast forward 5-6 years
>Me and same twin brothers plus a few other buddies are driving down same road at 3am after a party
>Same van
>We ALL see a women walking away from us in a ditch next to the road
>Friend driving slows down while passing
>She looks away so we can't see her face
>Get to bridge and slow down then stop
>She keeps walking towards us but goes wide right
>We back up before the bridge to see if she might need help or a ride
>NOTHING

We know she didn't pass us going the direction both of us were going because we got to the bridge and stopped to watch. We looked to the right to make sure she didn't walk through the creek and decided to back up to see if she was OK. If it was a human she walked through the treeline away from us to be hidden (nothing but thick woods for miles and the ever present corn field) If she was a ghost she disappeared in between the ditch and bridge.
>>
>>17816352
Samefag here...
Forgot to add "INDIANA....WTF!?!?"
>>
>>17816352
wellp im spooked
>>17808980
anon gets it
>>17816357
Indiana is evil as shit, I remember when I went into the abandoned central state mental asylum before It was torn down. I remember in one of the patient rooms, I saw HELL IS IN written in what appeared to be dried shit. Kek, it took me 2 weeks after realizing it meant Indiana.
>>
>>17808206
In southern Illinois there are abandoned cemeteries everywhere.
>>
>>17816398
>Indiana is evil as shit, I remember when I went into the abandoned central state mental asylum before It was torn down. I remember in one of the patient rooms, I saw HELL IS IN written in what appeared to be dried shit. Kek, it took me 2 weeks after realizing it meant Indiana.
Again... this sounds like every story you've ever heard but bored teenagers in Indiana seek this shit out. I haven't lived there in years but I have a few stories about going to asylums, abandoned old folks homes, old TB hospitals, and old schoolhouses.
Its hard to get someone to believe you, and its easy to let your mind wander and fill in the blanks in the dark... But its just not that easy when you're with a group of people and its for real. I don't expect anyone to believe me (common thing to say in these situations) But shit ain't right and you know when it ain't right.
>>
Kansas
>>
Does anyone know anything spooky near the NY-CT area?
>>
currently live in florida and there arent any spooky occurrences, but there are some really odd places in upstate new york. once i went to some small town in western ny and it creeped the shit out of me. everybody there was in a really dreary state.
>>
>>17816398

Went to Central State probably at least 50-60 times total (like you said, before it was torn down) and had quite a handful of experiences there. Small objects getting thrown at us out of the darkness where our flashlights weren't pointed, whispering in our ears, distant sounds of a child singing, and at one point what sounded like a body being dragged down a long corridor from the opposite end that we were standing. No one else was there.
>>
does anyone have any spooky stories from louisiana? i feel like there could be some kind of spooky stories from Kisatchie park but i've never heard any
>>
>>17816478
I once walked in on the ghost of some 19th-century ladies having a tea party.
>>
>>17815201
Why Jersey? I'm from there and just curious.
>>
File: 1465851168052.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465851168052.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>17813042
>Alaska
>Penguins

2/10 because you made me respond.
>>
>>17815838
Lol, I remember a show called "Eerie Indiana" back in the day...
Anyone else remember this?
>>
>>17808206
>>
>>17816700
Was discussing this when me and the s/o were driving through Indiana. Eerie is actually a small shit village.
>>
>>17816726
I thought that was a fictional town made up for the show... Where is it exactly?
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 476x476px
>>17813054
WAVERLY HILLS THATS WHERE I WANT TO BE
>>
File: 1460533577208.jpg (24KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1460533577208.jpg
24KB, 401x372px
>>17808976
This.
>>
>>17808690
Plus, the UP alone is incredibly paranormal. There are exceptionally bitter spirits in those woods.
>>
>>17814723
Yeah, I grew up in Washington and Baldwin County.

Washington is one of the least populated in the state. People knew me when I was younger because of my family living there, immediate and extended.

My grandmother's porch is a hot spot for mentally addled people. They feel safe there, for some reason. This isn't good because they end up terrifying my lonesome 93 year old Grannyma. About once every two years her neighbors or she calls the cops or hospital because someone is sitting on her porch. Most of the time they have to rip the people away, prying their hands off her railing.

It's not like she sweet-talks them, for her own safety she avoids letting them know she's in the house if someone is sitting on her porch. I don't know why they feel drawn there.

Everything that ever ends up on her property that doesn't die in accident also ends up extremely long lived.

My grandmother is 93 and can care for herself and the 5 acres surrounding her house. Her cats throughout life have made it to 25, the only two that didn't had a coyote attack and one was run over. My aunt had a purebred dog with genetic faults, and she moved to another house on the 850 acres of woods. That dog lived for 19 years. My father will be 60 next year, and he spends the majority of his off time on the property since my mother died in 2011. He can run 3.5 miles 3 days a week, and his hair is still black, only one or two gray hairs spread in between.

Strange. Maybe the water, she has well water and isn't on city.
>>
Add hawaii to the list of contenders. It's not all paradise. There are restless spirits here. I'll just leave a short list here of spooky things and Google or Google Image if you want: night marchers, menehunes , haiaus (Hawaiian burial grounds considered sacred), Morgan's corner, Bishop museum, poles spirit.
>>
>>17808819
How are the PA woods creepy, just wondering? I've lived in the northwestern part of it all my life on a farm thats got forest all around it, and never felt on edge or creeped out in the woods.
>>
florida has some spooky parts but most are inland and far from where most people go on vacation or even locals. Spooky deserted woods full of killer australia tier animals and junkies. speaking of junkies , a bunch of people here are literally crazy druggies who would stab you for a smoke. bunch of poor shit too so gangs. and for crytids their are a fuckton like skunkape(?) i think the name was , and a bunch i cant even remember. Woods in florida are fucking spooky as hell. if you visit , stick to disney and your hotel. might get caught in human trafficking or just get hit and killed by a high driver
>>
>>17817126
I've been to Hawaii. It felt so alive at night. I was so comfortable there in the dark. Not like all the other places I've lived where I smoke my cigarette and go the fuck back inside.
>>
>>17816417
I'd prefer that to well populated cemeteries.
>>
>>17814723
>You're hard pressed to find somebody who HASNT had some kind of experience around here
You found me. I agree it's generally creepy here, but I've never seen anything particular creepy or unexplainable.

>finding burning crosses at night
I believe you, but what fucking backroads are you exploring? I've never seen any kind of KKK activity here, but I know people that I suspect are probably a part of it. That feels a little spooky on its own.

>It's rather easy to take a dirt road and end up in a 5 building community of three families or so that all know each other. Last time this happened we drove in and literally everyone just stopped and stared down my car.
I actually have a cluster of relatives living in houses they built deep innawoods on their own property. If you drove into them, they were more afraid of you than you were of them :^)
>>
>>17817302
I am >>17817081 and agree, never saw any KKK shit. That anon probably saw someone burning a limb/brush pile at night because there was probably some burn ban going on during the day, so they didn't want authorities to see smoke.

There are clusters of families who will threaten to shoot someone who drives onto their property as well. Many dirt roads have offshoots that are private driveways that go on for 1/4 mile or more, therefore they are technically within their right to threaten someone to get off their land.

That is really few and far between though. Most people just approach with caution to see what you're up to, because often people driving in strange backwoods driveways that shouldn't be there normally are up to no good.
>>
Liquid state is pretty spooky.
>>
File: photo.jpg (15KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
15KB, 180x180px
>>17816467
Apparently there's a tunnel system called the satan caves in putnam county ny. Someone told me it gets its name because its an entrance to hell.
>>
>>17814777
why vermont?
>>
>>17815201
Southern California native here, I'd say for the most part probably a green or maybe yellow, cause while there is some spooky stuff(Catalina Island has one or two haunted houses, several areas notable for tragically drowned people, and has had at least one or two cryptid sightings in it's waters), it's mostly small pockets rather than being pervasive like in certain other states, also surprised New York is on the bottom, you'd think both NYC's long history and being next to Jersey would push it up a couple levels

>>17814723
>You also have the entirety of chilton county which if you ever drive through at night you'll understand
mind elaborating?

>>17817126
>Night Marchers
I remember my aunt telling me a terrifying story involving those(she's white, but the guy who fathered her kids is Hawaiian), can't remember all the details but it ended in some poor schmuck's corpse being found and basically just being a bloody skeleton
>>
>>17808206
Ohio, every time i drive up there i fear for my life
>>
new england in general
>>
>>17817751
Why, because people can't drive for shit up here? The drivers are just about as bad here as in Michigan and Louisiana.
>>
File: to x.png (60KB, 2112x982px) Image search: [Google]
to x.png
60KB, 2112x982px
>>17808206
We need a better raiting system.
>>
>>17808799
>>17814869
Live in north panhandle of ID, can confirm, weird shit happens in the forests and mountains.
>>
a lot of horror movies and horror stories seem to take place in new england, northwest US and the "deep south"
>>
Arizona. Have you seen how many creepy stories take plce there?
>>
>>17817911
yeah a lot of the desert states are pretty spooky too with all the ayy lmaos
>>
>>17814734
You ftupid fhithead
>>
Nevada for ayylmaos and ghost towns

New England states for old creepy houses

Louisiana for slave ghosties and creepy swamps

Old confederate states for civil war ghosties

Pacific Northwest for skinwalkers and fog and shit
>>
File: spooky.png (54KB, 2112x982px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.png
54KB, 2112x982px
>>17817870
I'm not a burger, did I do okay?

Most of my knowledge of spooky US things comes from movies and the internet.
>>
>>17818114
> Alaska isn't spooky
> weeks of darkness and massive open wilderness
>>
File: 2125456757543.jpg (818KB, 650x562px) Image search: [Google]
2125456757543.jpg
818KB, 650x562px
This is a cool thread, ive always found the states to be interesting. Gonna branch out here and ask, any Canada bros in here? What are some spooks in your provinces?

Aside from Canada having massive amounts of innawoods, especially in the north. I know southern Ontario, there is a couple cities I believe that still have tunnels that were used for the underground railroad to help the slaves; been in one, was very unsettling.

Also I forget exactly where it is. but somewhere in the Niagara region, theres a place called 'screaming tunnel', apparently some girl was hit by a train and killed, and going there at night, if you bring a candle, the flame will blow out and you will hear a scream. Ive never gone myself though.
>>
>>17818114
PA is pretty unspoopy. I live in a rural northwest town, nothings happened so far, but something about the place at dark is a bit unnerving.
>>
File: IMG_4253.jpg (88KB, 498x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4253.jpg
88KB, 498x374px
>>17818133
There's some spooky stuff in Edmonton. There's an abandoned hospital that's haunted, an unfinished underground train tunnel, big storm drains, some weird underground service tunnels.
>>
>>17818133
reading about Nahanni valley really makes me want to visit Canada.

Know any other places at that tier of creepiness?
>>
>>17817882
I'm over in spokane, was just up in CDA yesterday, was a very nice drive. The reservations are spoopy just cause drugged up alcoholic indians roaming around tho.
>>
>>17818148
Supposedly there is a lot of ghost stuff in PA thats pretty much it though.
>>
Been living in MA for my entire life, only things I ever saw were a couple shadow people and a handful of strange lights over a couple years shitty/10 state
>>
>>17818114
I'd bump California up to green or maybe even yellow, but otherwise this seems fairly decent
>>
>>17818337
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, CDA is beautiful. I'm a Moscow fag but pretty much anything north of Troy is spook central in the hills and forest
>>
>>17808239

Paranoia is more hellish and surreal than spooky. What makes it worse is that some of it could be real outside of your mind.
>>
>>17808206

New Mexico and Nevada.

The Southern black belt has a spooky vibe too, probably from all the energy of dead slaves over the years.
>>
>>17808976
>them stairs
Those are staircases that just appear innawoods right?
>>
File: spookysmokies.jpg (52KB, 923x517px) Image search: [Google]
spookysmokies.jpg
52KB, 923x517px
>>17808206

I get a weird vibe in Tennessee, especially near the eastern half. I wonder what kind of experiences the Cherokees and early Celtic pioneers had in this area. A lot of lore surrounds these hills.
>>
Canada!
>>
>>17808980
Went to college at UofE up there. Can confirm bellows. Also non spoopy shit like kidnappings Swear I even heard one once.
>>
>>17819409
The giants who once ruled over these lands did so through delegation, as they could not travel far from their homes, as they required perfect conditions in order to maintain their health

If you could imagine a giant zit, or a torrent of blood come from a single cut, you may understand why the giants rarely ever left their air-conditioned homes
>>
>>17808329
Can confirm Arizona anon
Heard lots of skin walker stories and ufos/Ayy lmaos
>>
>>17808241
Too many subanimals (white nationalists).
>>
>>17817197
>stick to disney
Has everyone who's posted florida forgotten about spoppy shit at disney
>>
>>17808706
The ohio grassman is one i have heard of, but i grew up around ODNR guys, and every one of them i talked to said its bullshit.

Lake Erie has a ghost ship or two. Other than some dumb local shit i cant think of anything else offhand.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I don't know lads, I'd say East Tennessee is pretty spooky. I live in a town right beside the mountains near Knoxville, and even though I go hiking a lot in the smokies there's always this sense of unease that I have going through them. And man, driving down highway 411 through all those tiny shitty abandoned towns, surrounded by moungains and forests on both sides, it just fuckin fills me with a sort of panic.
>>
>>17819436

Was Chief Tuscaloosa such a giant?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Obv.
Most towns here besides Chicago, Arora and Macomb are fucking ghost towns at night. Sometimes I wait until around 1 AM and stroll down Broadway in the street just because I know I can do it. Spare an occasional police officer here and there and 24 hour gas station you're completely alone. Besides that we border the Mississippi River, garunteed spoops.

>pic related, it's my hat
>>
>>17819648
*aurora
>>
>>17818133
Winnipeg's got a few spooks. Fort Garry hotel, the Jefferson tree, the Trappist monastery. Also the one downtown mall is so lame, it's horrifying.
>>
>>17808829
Nah you're just honest and these other people are either delusional or liars
>>
File: 1466162874875.png (60KB, 2112x982px) Image search: [Google]
1466162874875.png
60KB, 2112x982px
>>17817870
>>
>>17820636
Why is PA black? This place doesn't seem that spoopy unless you are in the woods at night.
>>
File: 7893021375.png (98KB, 362x235px) Image search: [Google]
7893021375.png
98KB, 362x235px
>>17819648
I'm from IL as well, some of the best things are
>thunderbird sightings in southern IL
>native American mounds
>thousands of Chicago ghosts
>St Valentine's day massacre
>Hull House/demon baby
>abandoned buildings
Who knows what wanders the prairies at night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D1vIm5f66A

>>17820660
Gettysburg is the most haunted place in the US, thought it deserved a mention. Plus I'm sure Philly has tons of ghosts
>>
>>17820636
mfw I grew up in Michigan also: what is spooky about Minnesota spooky?
>>
>>17813002
Southeastern LA here. The woods are really fucking spooky. Everything is just so eerie . I refuse to go to the woods anytime near night -- just a single noise will send me sprinting.

Pretty sure that's human instinct though. When my family had a lot of money when I was a little kid, we lived in a big house on an indian burial ground or some shit. Had some questionable experiences in my house.
>>
>>17818688
been living here my whole life too ive seen some shit wayyyyyyyy too lazy to write anything tho
>>
>>17820773
Brief summaries will do.
>>
>>17820779
sorry but no maybe i undersold the level of laziness that im currenty sporting

but

i grew up a coupe streets away from the old tb hospital in my town man and that shit extremely fucking haunted man we use to go there when we were like 11 - 16 after school and fuck around.. so much shit happened there

just look at one of the main buildings http://opacity.us/site67_plymouth_county_hospital.htm
>>
File: 15791937.png (111KB, 171x300px) Image search: [Google]
15791937.png
111KB, 171x300px
>>17820743
There's thousands of miles of woodland in northern MN, much of it unaccessible by car. Minnesota is the heart of Ojibwe country, and they had stories about wendigos and other spirits which roamed the woods.
http://www.prairieghosts.com/wendigo.html
Also lake monsters
http://www.pepie.net/

Just look up other Ojibwe legends and you will know what I mean
>>
>>17820805
*hundreds not thousands

wew
>>
File: wisner.jpg (10KB, 309x163px) Image search: [Google]
wisner.jpg
10KB, 309x163px
Ohio's pretty spoopy if you go to places like Kirtland like Wisner Rd. You can find spook stuff like Witch's Grave and a crybaby bridge
>>
>>17820759
Cont.
Pic related -- what you guys think? This is my neighborhood's 'backyard' at night.

Took this in winter.
>>
File: 0116161732.jpg (864KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
0116161732.jpg
864KB, 2560x1440px
>>17820865
forgot pic
>>
>>17820872
also the light on the right is just neighbors house dont worry its not a spoopy creature,.
>>
>>17820700
I hear Cairo is abandoned as fuck, you ever been there?

I don't know about most of that folk lore but I do know that most towns around here die out at night, spoopy as fuck.
>>
>>17820876
Do you have to deal with a lot of alligators, especially with that pond in your back yard?
>>
>>17820891
its a man-made drainage pond. Never seen an alligator here, but at my house as a kid we had a creek where we'd ride around on a pirogue and we had seen one once.
If you don't go near the bayous you wont see one.
>>
Not Illinois :(
>>
I'm Canadian, and I haven't been to every state and haven't lived in them, but I've been to every continental state on the edges of the country (Canada border, Mexico border, east coast and west coast) and Alaska.
My picks for spookiest based on what I've seen for myself and what I've read and heard would be Massachusetts (witches, puritanical cults continuing to exist in rural areas, old as fuck cemeteries in Boston), Alaska (aliums, remoteness, ancient boréal forests, the northern lights which are pretty spooky if you haven't seen them) and Nevada (aliums, creepy native folklore of skin walkers and shit, super remote, very easy to get lost). There might be some spooky stuff inland, you've all come up with some spooky stuff, just my two cents as an outsider.
As for Canada, the only real spooky places are in the north, and in St. John's, Newfoundland.
>>
Pennsylvania.

>general innawoods, secret colony of dwarves, pockets of isolated inbred hillbillies, fucking Eastern State Penitentiary, iirc the highest amount of bigfoot sightings on the east coast

There's a bunch more that I can't recall right now.
>>
>>17820636
>Nevada
>a bit spooky

You must not live here
>>
>>17820988
Many spooks abound in ontario m8
>>
Where in Arizona I've been here 30 years and nothing too crazy some haunting ish stuff but not way out
>>
>>17816443
>Kansas
Explain? I'm here in Kansas, this is the most boring place ever
>>
>>17821048
The wizard of Oz
>>
>>17808384
That's fucking terrifying, I've seen big fucking tumbleweeds
>>
>>17820759
i'm also from LA but west central. we have a lot of state parks where i'm at but i only know of like 1 or 2 haunted things. one i can't find and the other i can't find and the story has been lost to the ages i'll ask my brother though he may know more
>>
>>17808206

I would say either Massachusetts or California.

lots of weird shit all over CA, but in MA you have Salem witch trials and birth of American witchcraft.
>>
>>17821031
Hell yes there is. I have a story that happened to a guy i know, driving in from the sask border into northern Ontario at night, and I'm sure my Ontario bros know what those highways are like at night, dark, remote and thick forest everywhere. Anyway as he just got into Ontario, something came out of the tree line and started running beside his car, keeping up pace. He described it as a very tall lanky human figure with the most horrifying ugly face he has ever seen
>>
>>17814666
Where's that, Satan?
>>
I'm not in KS anymore, but there's Stull, which apparently has the gates to hell in. I never got the chance to visit while I still lived there.
>>
>>17810996
>alligayylmaos
>>
>>17814360
We do have Helen's Bridge in NC. Other than that, not much.
>>
Massachusetts.
>>
>>17813054
That place is pretty sweet
>>
>>17808657
Seconding
>>
>>17815895
I'm from Winnfield/Natchitoches. The scariest thing about Natty is that you might retire there one day. Now when you get into the backwoods of Winnfield it can be pretty spooky. My grandmother owns a house on the outskirts of Winn Parish toward Jackson Parish. It's right in the middle of the woods. And it is fucking terrifying. Lots of weird shit has happened in that house.
>>
>>17808206
definitely jersey, but growing up in texas something about the southern countryside/ hill country is scary not supernatural scary but "no country for old men" type scary
>>
>>17816478
I've been through Kisatchie a ton of times. Never had anything crazy happen. But I want to keep going and see if I can find any spoops.
>>
>>17808657
/thread
>>
File: x157.jpg (177KB, 863x960px) Image search: [Google]
x157.jpg
177KB, 863x960px
>>17808206
West Virginia.

No, seriously. The Ohio River valley was never even used as hunting grounds by natives because of "angry spirits". That, pulse the immense amount of old, derelict Victorian-era houses makes it the perfect state to find spooky things.

Pic related happened in West Virginia.
>>
>>17808690
Hey that's Manistee! I grew up there. Met James Earl Jones in that very theater.
>>
>>17823598
Actually my mom had a house in the ohio river valley in a little town called pomeroy, a short drive from point pleasant. her house was haunted AF, according to her. After my mom died, my sister bought the property, and told me that she'd walk into the kitchen to find teabags that she had thrown away sitting on the kitchen counter. sometimes when she took baths her razors would fly across the room for no apparent reason. I guess once she woke up in the middle of the night and the computer chair that was usually a few feet away and tucked into the desk was right next to her bed facing her as if someone was in it, watching my sister sleep. Never had an encounter at the house myself other than nightmares, but the place always gave the fucking creeps. I always felt like someone was watching me in that place. My sister has never been known to be a liar, and i don't think she would make her stories up. I'm a bit sceptical, but I do trust my sister.
>>
Since we're on the topic of spooky locations, did anyone ever find out what state the Cabin Memories guy lived in when his family was attacked? He said he didn't want to give out specifics, but he said it was In New England and that it bordered Canada. It's either Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine if he wasn't lying.
>>
>>17812976
As a person who lives in Southern Indiana, I believe there is a library in Evansville that's said to be haunted.
>>
>>17817482
Just looked this Shit up and apparently it's in my town. In fact I used to deliver pizzas late at night on the road it's supposedly on. Very spoopy area, deep woods and hills
>>
>>17816467
Just follow the Hudson River, you're bound to find some spooky shit. Also rt 22. Ever hear of onion town or the wingdale insane asylum?
>>
>>17817686
NYC has plenty of haunted stuff, but it's hard to notice without the sense of isolation. It's hard to hear a slamming door or a ghostly whisper when there sirens, pedestrians, and subway trains making noise just outside.
>>
>>17808980
Also don't forget all of the lynching due to the many KKK's scattered throughout the state.
>>
>>17812976
I grew up in Southern Indiana, and that entire region is a complete shithole festering with methheads.

There's a KKK in Martinsville.
>>
>>17817496
Vermont. Everything here is old. Everything here is quiet. Once you leave the 4 lane highway, you could disappear. The majority of roads here are unpaved and unmarked. The only haunted areas are, literally, in the middle of nowhere.

Vermonters are old and they hate people they don't know. There are people here who still live without running water and electricity. I could go on but it's bedtime. Someone ought to start a VT/NH thread sometime, I got stories.
>>
File: Ghastly2.png (61KB, 222x262px) Image search: [Google]
Ghastly2.png
61KB, 222x262px
>>17808657
>>17815201
>>17818114
>>17820636
>live in South LA
>never had a spook
Any recommendations for proper spooks?
>>
>>17808206
Zimbabwe.
>>
>>17813054
Jeebus, I remember seeing some kind of 'documentary' on that place. Looks freaky as shit.
>>
>>17820854
Does every state have the fucking "woman-lost-her-babby-so-now-she-haunts-a-bridge-in-the-middle-of-nowhere" bridge?
>>
>>17808724
Nah, some parts of GA are pretty fucking weird. But the creepiest part about Savannah is all the roaches on the sidewalk.
>>
>>17818148
I can't really say that PA in >>17818114 's post is "3spooky5me" tier, but it has a decent amount of spook material:

>3/4 is filled with forests and mountains with practically nothing in them other than dirt/nature trails. the rest is farmland that's littered with abandoned shit
>most towns are within or near the forest areas, filled with even more abandoned shit because Rust Belt
>Centralia is a whole town that was abandoned
>a lot of buildings in the eastern/southeastern area are fucking old
>Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are the only urban oases that truly show civilization circa 2016
>Kecksburg Incident
>occasionally has "Bigfoot" sightings
>has loads of urban legends and haunted places

Other than that it's a pretty nice state to live in
>>
None, they're all shit. Hawaii is probably scarier than any of them in the continent.
>>
>>17824885
Take pork sammiches everywhere you go.
>>
File: detroit.jpg (74KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
detroit.jpg
74KB, 640x400px
Michigan
>>
>>17824940
That's a lot of spooks...
>>
>>17808206
My home state, illinois

Growing up with the forest spoops is an everyday part of life here
>>
>>17820955
>Not illinois
Fuck off Missouri shill.
>>17820700
>>17819648
>>17820883
>>
File: 1442031985874.jpg (73KB, 663x657px) Image search: [Google]
1442031985874.jpg
73KB, 663x657px
>>17808216
What makes Virginia so spoopy?

How? I've only heard of the bunnyman, I didn't know there was a lot else.
>>
Spooky town.
>>
Missouri.
My hometown being one of the places.
>Over 200 legitimately haunted houses.
>Haunted bed and breakfast on Main Street
>Houses where people were murdered and are haunted.
>Meth cooks, smurfs, and addicts galore.
>Seen a handful of Shadow people.
>Exorcism done by local pastor in a building on main street. He refuses to say which one.
And more.
Also St. Louis.
>Exorcism of 1949. Inspiration for The Exorcist movie.
>>
>>17808941
This
>>
nj
>>
Not the spoopiest for sure, but Alabama gets weird.

I love my home state and I've never really had any super spooky encounters, but getting out in middle of no where sort of puts me on edge. As mentioned already in this thread, there are some happenings here. State is pretty old, slavery, everything from swamp monsters to mountain spooks across the state.

This probably isn't paranormal, but thinking about it now it is pretty weird. Lightning bugs usually start popping up late April and early May and are generally known as summer insects. I was camping in the "mountains" of Talladega National Forest this past mid-March and lightning bugs started popping up all throughout the forest around me. However, I never saw the bugs themselves, just the lights, even after lots of searching. It was really weird being in 50 degree weather with these bugs that I only see when it's at least 70.

Pic related, the campsite I drove up to. Not designated or anything, just did some scouting of forest roads. Had to open a forest service gate and crossed a shallow creek to get to this old field, which was also weird because it was covered in pieces of quartz that were just laying on top of the grass. When I woke up ~6am I heard people talking in the woods maybe 100 yards from where I was camped. There's a trail that runs along the ridge of the mountain in the picture, but I don't think it leads down into the small valley that formed between me and the mountain. It was also weird that there were people out hiking a trail at 6 am in this fairly remote part of the state. One of those things that could easily be explained away, but it just sort of seems off.
>>
>>17823598
Agreed. I remember reading a book about weird happenings in the US and it seemed to me that WV came up again and again and again. Mothman being the most obvious.
>>
>>17824373
The southeast is where the spoops are.
See >>17816072
>>
>>17815914
At least the mountains and sunset is nice.
>>
>>17808206
California is full of spooky satanic cults and serial killers.
>>
>>17825784
This. How's Virginia spoopy
>>
File: 1465948216523.png (48KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
1465948216523.png
48KB, 1513x983px
>>17808206
>>
>>17827550
TN really? I live in east TN, aint nothin spooky here imo, maybe meth and heroin addicts i guess. They mainly just beg for cash
>>
West Virginia
the shit that happens in the Appalchians makes my skin crawl, you have no idea.
one day i'll take the time to write a post about the Landin Cult. i don't think it's documented anywhere
>>
>>17808206
Probably the east coast, Virginia and Massachusetts type states because there are a lot of old houses with history there.

On the flip side the places like New Mexico or Nevada where there is a lot of nothing, and lots of creepy stuff can happen.
>>
South Carolina, without a doubt. Charleston alone, is one of the spookiest places on earth.
>>
>>17808206
Tennessee
- Smoky Mountains on one end with all its spooky wilderness stuff that could house God knows what
- Memphis on the other end with murders out the ass
- The Bell Witch stationed in the center

I live near Knoxville and there's plenty of haunted spots, especially in the North Shore Asylum
>>
File: nevada-state-capital-map.jpg (37KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
nevada-state-capital-map.jpg
37KB, 500x647px
>>17808206
This whole area
>>
>>17813054
Dude, that shit looks awesome. I mean I don't know what the inside looks like but if it's not too bad you could fix that shit up. I'm sure you could get it for cheap too. That'd be a great fucking place to live if it were all fixed up. Fuck all those faggots that think there are ghost there.
>>
>>17808736
Agreeb.
>>
>>17827408
Also top spoop, in my opinion, is the area in south-central CA around the town of Lemoore as well as state route 58W heading toward it. Super rural, really smelly area right near a military base. I actually heard that anyone stationed there longer than a decade automatically gets disability because of the poor air quality.

There are industrial cow farms, sparse highways with speeding truckers, no dividers in many spots between the two sides of the narrow main roads, and not a whole lot of gas stations or stops. Feels like some weird shit could happen any minute. Also seems like a lot of sketchy characters live in the area, like people up in the wee hours biking or walking their dogs or some shit.
>>
File: 1466175403375.png (127KB, 2112x982px) Image search: [Google]
1466175403375.png
127KB, 2112x982px
>>17818114
You did okay but IL and AK are spoopier than what you put them as.
>>
>>17818116
Ikr. Alaska being so remote makes it spoopy. Being so cold also makes it spooky because with the constant winter feel comes a feeling of dread and darkness.
>>
File: spook-map.png (59KB, 2112x982px) Image search: [Google]
spook-map.png
59KB, 2112x982px
>>17817870
>>
File: powercountyidaho.jpg (125KB, 896x476px) Image search: [Google]
powercountyidaho.jpg
125KB, 896x476px
>>17808241
Absolutely nothing, which is why it's creepy.
>>
>>17827606
explain?
>>
File: Nathan O'Nions_A Tree_YUdhQA.jpg (1MB, 1995x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Nathan O'Nions_A Tree_YUdhQA.jpg
1MB, 1995x1280px
>>17827582
What happens in the Appelachians? I used to live in Virginia, sadly I haven't heard anything about it in this thread yet.
>>
File: VZM.IMG_20160619_210406[1].jpg (216KB, 1345x2157px) Image search: [Google]
VZM.IMG_20160619_210406[1].jpg
216KB, 1345x2157px
>>17818114
>>17818114
Fucking California man......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKiS7QcQ084
>>
>>17808216
>>17808657
>>17808764
>>17808792
>>17808999
>>17813002
>>17814819
>>17815465
>>17818091
>>17820759
>>17823541

I think I got all the Louisiana posts. LA's got to be the most spoopy. I mean, if we had to pick one...

>swamps/bayou/wetlands (+gators)
>woods, too
>ocean coastline (deep sea spoops)
>native American grounds, plus areas (and Native peoples) involved with Trail of Tears
>ghosts (they have the Civil War variety of ghosts there too)
>vampires (True Blood and Anne Rice books)
Incidentally, when I was vacationing in New Orleans, I saw a man walking around in the French Quarter who dressed like a vampire from the 1700's and wore fangs. I also went to a really spoopy style bar that Marylin Manson owned (at the time.) Wish I could remember the details... It's definitely a city where people-who-live-as-"vampires" just... fit in with the rest of the weirdness
>tarot readers (in the square), and Wiccan shops - French Quarter
>Voodoo, including Marie Laveau
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Laveau
>Slavery, ghosts and spoops, including Delphine LaLaurie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphine_LaLaurie
>"Pentacostal Baptists, Southern white Jehova's Witness, Catholicism, Santeria" as one anon said
>one time murder capital
>Hurricanes
>those above ground cemeteries!!
>dem funeral parades!!!!
They know how to Death down there, man
>pic related

>music related
https://youtu.be/QzcpUdBw7gs
St. James Infirmary
>Well I went down to St James Infirmary
>To see my baby there
>She was laid out on that long white table
>So cold, so pale, so fair
>Let her go, let her go, God bless her
>Where ever she may be

AND!!

related : https://youtu.be/vxINMuOgAu8
>True Blood - opening credits

and https://youtu.be/Xyu_MdKBXic
>True Detective Season 1 - opening credits (which was the northern part of the state, or at least, not S.E. LA...

>>17808657
Definitely, could not agree more.
>>
New Jersey. I guess the Jersey Devil's spookiness still lingers in me today ever since I learned about it when I was a youngin. But besides that, I'd say Alabama or Louisiana bc they contain a lot of run down hillbilly areas and those skeeve me the fuck out
>>
>>17808206
Cali. They got the gay.
>>
File: dudleytown.jpg (174KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
dudleytown.jpg
174KB, 800x532px
>Connecticut resident
>Visiting a park or library in broad daylight is considered dangerous in Hartford, Waterbury, Bridgeport and New Haven
>Hartford has already been ranked as the worst capital city in America
>Both cities and suburbs have more abandoned houses, apartments and factories than a Bulgarian ghetto, many of which are inhabited by hobos, and aren't even cleaned up when they're vandalized or burned down
>Suburbs have a combination of too few streetlamps and too many forests, plus bears destroy people's backyards and coyotes run wild in the streets
>Large amount of Jehovites that force their children under the age of fourteen sell door-to-door
>"Rural areas" are basically just miles of farmland and people living in either shacks or mini-mansions on forested hills
>Apparently one of America's "most haunted" states, hence Lorraine and Ed Warren
>Eighteenth-century graveyards on the side of highways, plus supposedly haunted ones like Union Cemetery
>Connecticut folks are sometimes stereotyped by other New Englanders as liking to go out of their way to illegally dump human cremains in bizarre places
>inb4 Sandy Hook and Cheshire home invasion
>>
File: x477.png (64KB, 2112x982px) Image search: [Google]
x477.png
64KB, 2112x982px
>>17817870
Reasons for 3spooky5me

Nevada:
>Ruby Ridge is crawling with spooks
>Abandoned mines
>Desert ghost towns

Arizona:
>General spooky feeling
>Endless desert
>Ghost towns

Oklahoma:
>The empty nothingness contains an endless number of paranormal creatures

Louisiana:
>Obvious
>Black magic
>Voodoo
>Large plantations
>Haunted swamps

West Virginia
>Ohio River Valley avoided by natives
>Most haunted place per capita in the US
>Coal Country
>Inbred horrorland

Pennsylvania:
>Just has a lot of ghosts
>Civil War and other warfare
>Ancient colonies

Michigan Upper Peninsula:
>Really noisy and angry spirits
>Forest creatures rampant
>Just has a general feeling that the Wilderness itself hates humans there
>>
>>17808976
Eastern Washington is generally a redneck shithole, but for some reason there was a weird rash of triple- and quadruple-homicides in a bunch of the old homesteads, so many of the ones left standing are haunted.

The galleries of the grand coulee dam are impossible to get to unless you work there, but I'd hate to walk them alone-- those things feel like they stretch for miles, and it's pretty easy to get lost. Combine that with the fact that about 85 people died during construction and that there have been numerous fatal accidents over the years, and you've got yourself some spooky old tunnels.
>>
>>17818114
California actually has quite a bit of spooky to it
>zodiac killer
>Cecil hotel
>Satanic worship strong throughout several already spooky places like Death Valley, Amboy, Blythe, the Central Valley, the Grapevine, Shasta and Lassen
>Skinwalkers near AZ and NV border
>Donner Party
>Keddie Murders
>abandoned mines/prospecting towns
>Alcatraz island
>>
>>17825784
We have cultist in virginia. and not just RPers either. Ive heard they have actually sacrificed humans.
>>
>>17828057
Ruby Ridge was in idaho...
>>
File: holy land 1.png (803KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
holy land 1.png
803KB, 800x533px
>>17828037
Speaking of Waterbury, I neglected to mention Holy Land. It was built as a "Christian monument" in the sixties and was abandoned in the seventies. Again, Connecticut folks can't stand the thought of getting rid of abandoned structures, so it's become a turbo-spooky Catholic freakshow that's stood rotting for several decades. It's deserted aside from loitering heroin addicts, and a few years ago a teenage girl was raped and murdered there.
>>
File: HanSoloTrailer.jpg (72KB, 914x514px) Image search: [Google]
HanSoloTrailer.jpg
72KB, 914x514px
>>17827892
It's true.....all of it.....
>>
>>17824695
Washington has something close-- some college kid raped an 80 year old and dumped her body off a bridge, and now she wanders around the area and screams. Shits fucked
>>
>>17828037
>7
fellow CT resident, can confirm. Living in Eastern CT, rural areas are a little creepy even during the day, let alone at night. Hundreds of years of occupation means lots of abandoned, run down houses, little graveyards all over the place, and ancient stone fences in the middle of the forest.
>>
>>17828094
Ruby Mountains, excuse me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Mountains
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>17828061
Here's a pic of one of the larger galleries that I took last week.
>>
File: 1458973153506.jpg (3MB, 2048x1425px) Image search: [Google]
1458973153506.jpg
3MB, 2048x1425px
>>17817302
>I actually have a cluster of relatives living in houses they built deep innawoods on their own property. If you drove into them, they were more afraid of you than you were of them :^)
Gee they weren't kidding about Alabama inbreeding
>>
>>17827885
*>WWE
>>
nothing here in north carolina is spooky besides the mountians.
notspoopy/10
>>
My family was on road trip to NY, and we passed through PA for a gas stop.

After a couple min of pumping gas, my mom was like "Hey, the people at the gas station are staring at us."

We looked around and everyone was staring at us. The people running the station, the people pumping gas, the people in the buildings across from the gas station... even multiple stories up.

I was like 13 or so and have never seen my dad genuinely scared like that before. He immediately stopped pumping and had his hand on his gun the whole time while we were pulling away.

I'm going to vote PA... I don't know what the fuck that was but I'm never stepping foot in that state ever. The fuck is wrong with yall.
>>
>>17828057
As a Michigander, I second this. There is spooky fucking shit in the U.P. Especially if you go near abandoned copper and iron mines, a lot of them collapsed, killing thousands in total. It a beautiful peninsula, but it's got the spooks.
>>
>>17808764
Any info on Pig Man? I know a lot of shit went down in Katrina, dogman sightings, vampires and hoodoo. Never heard of pigmen.
>>
File: 1466385778654.png (2MB, 1439x1153px) Image search: [Google]
1466385778654.png
2MB, 1439x1153px
Anybody who didn't say West Virginia is kidding themselves. I spent half of my childhood there and it's crawling with strange and unexplained shit. I have a ton of books on the subject too.

Also, today is West Virginia Day! Happy birthday, West Virginia!
>>
>>17827873
Haha, dude, the Appalachians are the one part of America other than Louisiana where people still actively practice herbology, witchcraft, pseudo-Celtic weirdness. It's endemic, but nobody talks about it.
>>
>>17827448
There used to be -- someone claimed there was a werewolf who lived where I grew up outside of Roanoke. In Roanoke itself in bustling suburbs there are inexplicably abandoned houses. I've been to one, it had ramshackle stone shacks around it. Visiting there gave my friend strange nightmares.
>>
>>17827709
I've never seen such a pleb map before. Sigh. Sure is summer in here.
>>
>>17824843
>Kecksburg Incident

Ahem.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/science/2015/12/06/50-years-later-the-Kecksburg-Westmoreland-County-UFO-is-identified-probably/stories/201512060146

I suppose you could say it was...

...top Keksburg.
>>
WV is scary for a few reasons
> 95% of the state is just forest, uninhabited untouched wilderness
> almost nobody lives here, only about a million or so in population so its basically a ghost town state with a few small towns and maybe a handful of "populated" urban centers
> the meth heads and moutain folk aka "inbreds" are absolutely terrifying
> a few cryptos i.e. Mothman/ Flatwoods monster
Actually learned about Mothman in our WV history class and how he is always seen before or right after serious accidents (i.e bridge collapse, 9/11)
> UFOs
> bad spirits
> a BUNCH of Indian burial grounds.
One town, called Moundsville, was buried on Indian burial mounds, and therefore got the name
> and finally, the feeling of unease in the woods, almost like we shouldn't be there
That's all I can really think of, but those are my reasons.
>>
File: Gustavus Simeon 'Pappy' Lynch.png (2MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Gustavus Simeon 'Pappy' Lynch.png
2MB, 2480x3508px
>>17828607
>inbred mountainfolk

So fucking sick of this stereotype. A lot of them are good, decent people who just don't want you fucking with their land, same as anybody. My dad's family was mountainfolk and none of them are related to each other except by marriage, like any other family.

But the rest...yeah. There's constant reports of strange shit going on West Virginia. Witches in West Virginia and the Virginianian panhandle are a real, real thing.
>>
>>17817870
East is most spooky getting less spooky as you move West.

South is most spooking getting less spooky as you move North.

Mystery solved.
>>
File: 100_0493.jpg (580KB, 1288x966px) Image search: [Google]
100_0493.jpg
580KB, 1288x966px
>>17808241
Hundred year old buildings and excessive amounts of nothing to contrast the minimal population.

It's basically no mans land anywhere outside of the southern urban centers.

Montana is even worse off though.
>>
Strawpoll?
>>
>>17828074
Abandoned mines and Alcatraz are not spooky. Everything potentially spooky is turned into a tourist attraction.

Like that one house where the lady felt guilty about all the deaths her families gun company caused and started building doors that opened to nothing and stairs leading nowhere to confuse the ghosts. Or the "haunted" Queen Mary ship. All of it's tourist attractions and fun as fuck.
>>
>>17819400

I've never heard of this and am curious.
>>
>>17828690
>That one house where the lady felt guilty

Ah you mean the Winchester House.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House
>>
>>17821031
I live in Ontario and only know a few that aren't that unique to just Ontario. Anyone care to elaborate a bit?
>>
>>17828665

So by this logic Florida is the spookiest state? Dude Maine has to be top 10, and Washington is pretty spoopy
>>
>>17828730
You get outside of Tampa and go north and stay out of the cities, hell yeah it's spooky.

Out near Sarasota...I think...there was a cult of people. They had huge houses away from the road...ah damn I can't remember the details. Anyway, yeah, Florida does get extremely spoopy.
>>
>>17828690
but both the Winchester Mystery House and the Queen Mary are haunted as hell, it's fairly well documented in that regard
>>
>>17828747

Key West is pretty spoopy, tons of big old ass houses and buildings from the 1800s and they have that Robert the doll in one of there museums, plus old ass civil war forts and a large above ground cemetery. they even have ghost tours and shit
>>
>>17828077
Which part of Virginia?
>>
Welp, bump limit's reached.

I guess Louisiana is crowned the victor.
>>
>>17808206
Rhode Island enough of a desolate hellscape to inspire Lovecraft.
Although seriously, New England was the setting for a lot of his stories for a reason, Massachusetts especially. The whole history has leaned towards establishing quaint villages with fucked-up shit under the surface (Witch trials, founding Plymouth right on top of dead Wampanoags, etc.). There is
>an impressive amount of horrible old abandoned mental hospitals
>a 5-mile tunnel in the mountains that's haunted as shit (Hoosac Tunnel, 250 dead)
>Some fucko that wanted to make mechanical Jesus (John Murray Spear)
>Uh, Lizzie Borden? idk

Cryptid game is laughable. Ex: Pukwudgies (though they can supposedly kill giants and drive you to suicide, so not all bad)
>>
>>17820047
>>17808829
This. The reason you (and me) never seen anything paranormal is because those things are legends, their existence in human culture and minds fed by primal fear of the unknown. Normal events wrongly defined as supernatural phenomena due to darkness, fear and gullible nature of the observer. There's also many people that try to cash in on that stuff - all the "documentaries" about the paranormal, are made by shameless liars that use gullible people to make a bank. Fuck them, I hate anyone that exploits another person's weakness to make a profit.
>>
>>17829443
No one here is profiting.
>>
>>17829449
I'm not talking about /x/ - I'm talking about the TV documentaries or YouTube pricks.
>>
>>17819400
>>17808976
>>17828694
The "stairs in the forest" stuff comes from creepypasta written by a horror story writer. You can find the stories here https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3iex1h/im_a_search_and_rescue_officer_for_the_us_forest/
He also links to his site, where you can find more of his works.
>>
>>17828122
thanks, anon. I know there are other spoopy states, but I just can't see how Louisana isn't pretty easily considered the spoopiest of them all
>>
>>17819436
You're retarded. Just because a being is bigger, it doesn't mean that their wounds are somehow more dangerous - their systems are accordingly bigger and hold more blood. That aside, seriously, giants? Are you still in elementary school, son?
>>
>>17829443
Look at this fucking atheist lying shill. Shut the fuck up. These things are as real as you or I and if you can't accept that yer just as retarded as every other blind materialist.
>>
>>17817151
Try South Western pa
A lot of old evil is around here.
Nobody is none the wiser either.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.