[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /x/ I only started to visit this board after recent events

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: insomnia.jpg (282KB, 900x575px) Image search: [Google]
insomnia.jpg
282KB, 900x575px
Hi /x/

I only started to visit this board after recent events lead me to investigate something I don't really understand. I'm not going to greentext because there are details I would probably leave out by accident. To preface what is currently happening I work as a security consultant for a pretty shabby operation in Houston Texas. I only visit my office around three times a week because I'm required to travel to different parts of Texas to negotiate deals on behalf of the company and give consultations on what type of security the customer might need.

Around a week ago I got a call from my boss saying that one of our good customers was having problems with six of his cameras. I'm not a tech, I don't do the installs but I still wanted to investigate in the event some kind of electrical problem had caused all six to go out. I took one of the techs with me to the customers house only to find all six cameras were in working order. They even continued to record after we got the call. Naturally I'm inclined to pretend there is a problem with them when dealing with a customer so I had the tech dismount them and bring them back to my office.

Few hours later we get back and I have the tech start checking out each camera while I go through the SD cards on each with the DVR so I can see what the client was seeing. Occasionally there would be some kind of obscure distortion in the clients home office and other times it would take place in the child's room. His child isn't actually there, from what I understand he's divorced and the child is in Canada with his mother until next fall. Nothing strange was happening and going through hours and hours of recording can get pretty boring.

(Cont?)
>>
>>17806721
Yrs, continue. God, I hope you have it all written down already.
>>
>>17806721
The longer the recordings went the more pixelated the images became. Keep in mind only the office and child's room became like this at first. I guess it resembled something like a shitty gas station camera. This perplexed me because all the cameras are linked to a central alarm unit and can detect when they are being tampered with. My tech told me that they had in fact not been tampered with which was a relief because sometimes the clients will fuck around with them and break them.

All the cameras can be controlled, turned and used with a cell phone. There is a log of usage stored within the DVR so we can see if the client actually did something wrong to initiate the malfunction but he only ever used it remotely once to adjust a camera over his front door. I had to rule out client fault pretty quickly I guess because nothing indicated to me or the tech he had done anything wrong. Time went on, the images in the office and child's room became so poorly pixelated there wasn't anything to look at but a blur.

This is the part that got both me and the tech. There was motion detected by the cameras in both affected rooms indicating someone was moving around in them. You could physically see it happening on both cameras at the same time. In the office it was very active and in the child's room whoever it was sat down on the ledge by the window. I called the client to ask if anyone had been in his house. Turns out it had only been his brother but he visited neither room according to the client.
>>
>>17806763
That's it?
>>
Did you tell the client about this or talk to anyone else? Pretty interesting.
>>
>>17806721
The tech was in the room with me at this point. It takes time to analyze thousands of hours worth of footage so he was watching with me. We are both just two guys who work very boring jobs so we had both seen various technical glitches before but nothing like this where only two cameras seemed to be afflicted by some unknown error which caused extreme pixelation and false motion detection. Of course I use that term false motion here kind of incorrectly because the cameras had both visually detected something.

I decided to fast forward very quickly and we missed a huge amount of random occurrences but one universal problem which occurred on all cameras was the slow gradual pixelation. The tech had reset all the cameras but we couldn't replicate the problem, even when using the same SD cards and DVR. We obviously changed out the DVR and the cards to verify that it was not in fact a hardware problem. Around the last two hours of the recording he and I both saw someone moving through each room of the house when we had confirmed the client was not there during those hours.

At first we both believed it to be the brother but the brother had actually left much earlier. The person moving around inside the house was easily over six foot tall but wore very common clothing, nothing black like what you guys might have been expecting. It was impossible to tell who exactly he was because by this point the cameras had been aged to 1910 quality. I did make a call to the client to confirm once again no one was in his house around the time the cameras picked up this random persons movement. The house was supposed to be empty and worse still, the doors had not been opened.
>>
>>17806789
Sorry for the slow typing. I'm trying to remember every detail that occurred.
>>
This could be interesting.
Any chance that the electric instalations are wonky? I know for a fact that bad wiring around the house could make stuff go haywire.
I fried two computers and never had cellphone reception in my old apartment due to bad wiring.
>>
>>17806804
There is always a chance of some kind of electrical malfunction but I've never seen one like this. These are high grade cameras as well and they don't break very easily or suffer from common issues unless the owner fucks with them which in this case he did not.
>>
>>17806808
I know what you mean, man, but electronic equipment is sensitive. Shit, I work in a HVAC company and I've seen a very expensive heat pump explode because the power went out for half an hour...
>>
>>17806818
Can you explain to me how it works? I literally just advise and broker the deals. Maybe you could give me some insight to what might be happening.
>>
>>17806824
Any chance of sharing the vid?
>>
>>17806824
How what works? Heat pumps? They take the heat from whatever source they have, and they heat water in a tank which is then used for heating and dhw? No idea, I'm also not a tech guy.
>>
>>17806721
wtf OP you just stop there?
>>
>>17807262
He has to imagine the next thing that happens
>>
RIP thread. It had potential.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.