[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Boy (2016)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: The-Boy.jpg (92KB, 838x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The-Boy.jpg
92KB, 838x1200px
Let's talk about this movie. Can we all agree this one sucked?

>stuff left unexplained
>impossible scenarios
>full of cliches
>edgy for no reason
>changes genre mid-movie
>decent acting at most

I thought it's premise had potential, but it comes out as boring and unfinished. Thoughts?
>>
I didn't think it was terrible
The plot twist was spook, I did like how they set it up to be a generic possessed doll film tho
Kind of reminded me of that creepypasta with the guy watching that kid through the walls
>>
Yeah kind of lame, I thought the plot twist made it less spooky.
>>
It was an ok film.
>>
File: mahboi.jpg (14KB, 480x360px)
mahboi.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>17803784
>The Boy

Mah Boi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS19yKx67U4
>>
Saw it in theatre. It was really shitty till the one scene where the house began shaking and everything. I was really excited to see some demon or malevolent ghost come out and wreck havoc but suddenly.... oh wow it's a skinny hipster. This shit was so stupid.

Many new horror movies have the same problem I found, being that the idea is really cool and has lots of potential, but the execution is so bad and formulaic. Same with As Above So Below.
>>
>>17803784
Just saw it, I was legitimately spooked up until the faggot showed up, why the fuck was he living inside the walls?
>>
>>17803784
Oh? A piece of shit horror movie?? I would have never thought
>>
I watched this during a double feature, along with The Forest.

Boy, that was a horrible fucking day.
>>
I actually enjoyed it. I was expecting to see the ghost killing that bad guy and be adopted by the main girl and have a Dark Water-like ending. It would have been cool. But the plot twist was genuinelly surprising for me so it was fun nonetheless.
Now, what is it that was left unexplained/was impossible? I thought the movie did a good job with giving little tips about what happened without destroying the twist

>>17806087
>>
The whole loiving in the walls was mehh. That shtick was done better in Housebound!! Loved that movie
>>
>>17803784
mediocre horror movie but the twist made it somewhat special
>>
>>17806513
clearly never seen The Orphan
>>
>stuff left unexplained

I haven't seen the movie in question but you're the reason all forms of media suck so much.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.