[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scottish Places of Interest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Scotlands-Unexplained-UFO.jpg (35KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Scotlands-Unexplained-UFO.jpg
35KB, 615x409px
I'm looking for places in Scotland, preferably close to Glasgow, that are good for exploring/paranormal activity/ufo activity. I know about Bonnybridge but curious to know if there's any other hotheds of activity!
>>
I dont know about paranormal activity too much but I can recommend some spoopy places. There is an abandoned village called Polphail out near Portavadie on the South Argyll coast. It was built on the seventies for oil workers but was never inhabited. Very interesting almost soviet style architecture.

Also, there is an abandoned mental asylum village in the woods, called Bangour Village Hospital at Dechmont just outside Livingstone. If you can avoid the security then go at night time. Its incredibly atmospheric and a huge site with loads of old buildings. Occasionally you can get into some if you're clever and veylry careful which is pretty terrifying.
>>
*hot beds.
>>
>>17803630

Apologies for the typos I'm on my phone. There are several reportedly haunted old ruins and Inns up as you get into the Trossachs and the Highlands proper. There isnt much in Scotland I don't think besides folk tales. You kind of have to let the imagination wonder, best with a misty day in the glens somewhere.
>>
One more reply for you. If you really wanted to go Ufo hunting head high into the highlands, or to the Galloway Forest Dark Sky Park. Best chance of spotting anything weird moving about up there...I think the Bonnybridge thing is just a local meme. Probably people seeing Grangemouth Refinery lol.
>>
>>17803608
The a75 between annan and Gretna is supposed to be very haunted. Phantom hitchhikers etc.

Glamis castle has loads of cool stories and legends associated with it
>>
>>17803666
>>17803657
>>17803643

These are all great thanks guy. I know of a few places I've been to that are pretty spooky. I remember staying in the watermill hotel in Paisley, had a real bad aura about it. Doors would fly open and close too.

I've been meaning to check out Galloway Forest Dark Sky Park, I know it's a good place to see the Northern Lights but never thought of it as a place to see UFO's but makes sense.

I have quite a few spooky stories to share from around the inverclyde area as well if anyone would care to hear them.
>>
>>17803685

Please do tell man. Would like to hear some scottish stuff on /x/

Even not for spooky stuff, the Galloway Forest Park is stunning. Work brings me there a fair amount.

I have one from the highlands which ill share in this thread too.
>>
File: Achiltibuie-Chalet-2.jpg (32KB, 932x344px) Image search: [Google]
Achiltibuie-Chalet-2.jpg
32KB, 932x344px
>>17803702

Here's mine anyway. Will green text!

>Live in Northwest Highlands until moved for uni in 2007
> Small village north of Ullapool
>basically a peninsula with a ring road around it, with maybe 200 houses strung out along the road. Sea on one side, hemmed in by mountains om the other. No trees. Pic related.
>Lots of clearance era ruins, and older stone hut circles dotted around the road too.
>Area has been inhabited for a few thousand years. Dark history in places, suffered a lot from famine and clearance.
>Fairly thriving tourist community now in Summer.
>Dead, dark and empty stormy place in Winter.

Cont...
>>
>>17803722

>Visiting home for Winter break from uni.
>Dark at 4pm, cold and rainy.
>Mum makes me walk the dog.
>Take him up the road to post office past this exact ruin (pic related funnily enough) which is up the hill to the left of the road. No houses behind it, just empty heather moorland for miles dotted with old settlement ruins.
>only see the ruin in silhouette against the dark sky. One 1km stretch of shit sodium street lights in the whole peninsula.
>Dog starts going fuckinh apeshit and growling up towards the ruins
>Tail down, hackles up.
>start getting really uneasy, can feel something almost watching me from the dark past the road
>Im sure I can see strange movements in the rushes up near the ruin

Eventually I managed to drag my dog away and get home to the fire. Scay thing is my Mum said she always gets a strange feeling walking by that part of the road. Im sure my dog just smelled a deer or something but for the rest of the holiday all I could think of was ghosts from the clearance, or ancient howling spirits screaming in the wind from the old stone circles and burial mounds. Eesh
>>
>>17803702
Ahhh awesome. It's strange because Scotland seems like such an old place with many different settlers throughout the ages. You'd think that there'd be more legends, folklore and monsters.

I have a few stories from when I was younger and living in old tenement buildings and cottages. Used to experience some freaky shit.

>be just a baby
>have a brother who is about 2 and a half years older than me
>living in an old tenement building in a really old part of the town I live
>My dad had already experienced weird shit, he'd hear voices, have terrible nightmares and there were frequent cold spots.
>This flat(apartment) was so bad that when my uncle would come over to visit he couldn't close the bathroom door.
>The place just had a dark aura about it, something just seemed off.
>anyway
>My brother one day is playing in the living when all of a sudden he becomes completely still and starts to look above the door in the room
>My mum says she became a little bit freaked out but just tossed it up to his age
>My brother starts pointing above the door now
>My mum "What is it?"
>"Lady" My brother
> "What lady?
>There's a lady

>I asked my brother about it recently, he says he vaguely remembers it. It was a dark haired woman, with long matted hair. He said she was crouched up into the corner above the door and was waving at him.
>We moved out not long after.
>>
>>17803743
Pretty spooky man. I know that feeling, maybe it's just something about the landscape because it can be so barren and brutal.
>>
>>17803764

I think the history of Scotland is pretty brutal at times which adds to the general sense of spookiness in certain places. Tenement flats in Glasgow especially where not places that were nice to live so I can imagine a lot of dark atmosphere floating around

>>17803787

Yeah its a shame I dont get home very often now. The whole place reminds me of the Barrow Downs chapter on LotR
>>
>>17803608
Not necessarily paranormal but if you go slightly south to Kielder Forest in Northumberland there are Arctic-tier clear skies at night. I imagine it could be pretty spiritual on LSD
>>
Sorry to totally hijack your thread, especially with stuff pretty far from Glasgow but Its cool to get a chance to share this stuff outwith all the dumb threads about sigils and all that wank.

I totally forgot my favourite Scottish story - look up the Big Grey Man of Ben MacDui or Am Fear Liath Mor in gaelic. Creepy as fuck
>>
>>17803828

I work down there quite a lot too. See some weird shit in the sky quite a lot but its most likely flares and stuff from the Otterburn Army camp
>>
>>17803845
Ah cool. What do you do if you don't mind me asking? I would love a job in kielder, it's so beautiful
>>
>>17803867

Im an archaeologist. I work in advance of various installations like housing schemes and most often wind farms to record any remains that exist prior to groundworks! We work all around Scotland and Northern England and get to see some really beautiful places. And of course its part of the job to learn about the history and surrounding geography
>>
>>17803881
Funny that, my dad and sister are trained archeologists (we live near Newcastle)

They could never find any work though, sounds like you have a great job
>>
This : http://www.secretscotland.org.uk/index.php/Secrets/CraigmaddieMuirDecoySite is just out to the North of Glasgow, and you could probably also view the ww2 fighters that crashed nearby too.
>>
>>17803888

Yeah its hard sometimes. Its picking up in a huge way now, was hit hard during the recession. HS2 and all that stuff is going to create more work than there are workers.

Its a great job in some ways and fuckin abysmal in other ways.
>>
buy yourself an Ordinance Survey map and look for ancient sites, you'll be surprised how many there are. Just go for a walk to a 2-3000 year old stone circle and imagine the druid priests making sacrifices to the old gods (I have no idea about druids but you know what I mean).

I saw a big cat in Glen Clova, Angus. In about 2004, driving back toward Forfar to my uncles about 3am.

>>17803743
My grandad was born in a building similar to that pic on Shetland
>>
>>17804240
I wish those cats would freeze to death already.

Bloody fannies
>>
>>17803722
>>17803743

I spent most of my life just north of Achiltibuie between there and Lochinver. Can't say I've ever seen anything strange though.

I would however bet good money that what was watching you was a deer or a sheep. As someone who enjoys astronomy I have encounters with both in the dark.

Most of the stone ruins aren't actually that old either.
>>
Scotland, Scotland, Proud nation one in all, Scotland, Scotland, we're slightly off the wall. Where else in the world, would anyone else, put up with Dorothy Paul? Scotland Scotland, the variety belle of the ball!
>>
THA LOCH NESS MONSTER IS A SHY PRICK
>>
I've seen a werewolf on two occasions in Scotland, and on one of the occasiona, there was a third party there to witness it and who confirmed it also.
>>
>>17807053
Werewolves don't exist, but unnaturally large animals do. We had some folks around my neck of the woods starting rumors about werewolves when some jackhole who bred dogs for their size accidentally let some of them out.

Tell your story anyway?
>>
>>17803831
Why don't you post it senpai?
>>
>>17807053
Scottish werewolves in Scotland.
>>
>>17807062
Sure.

I'll go for the one that someone else witnessed also first of all.

Myself and my friend were planning on hiking the West Highland Way, and were making our way to the start of it at Milngavie.

On our way there, we passed through one village, and got a bit lost, and ended up down a road that stopped at a dead end, with a house at the right hand side as you face down it.

We stopped, realised we were lost, and considered our options. It wasn't late, it was maybe about two o'clock in the afternoon or so.

We both thought about knocking at the door of the house, and asking for directions. We both turned to look at the house to check it out, and through the window, you could quite clearly see what looked like the head of a werewolf, facing away from us at a right angle, looking to the right.

We turned to look at each other for a second, as if to mentally say to each other "are you fucking seeing this?"

We turned back to the window, and we both saw the werewolf rise up from a crouched position and come closer to the window. It would have been about seven feet or so tall.

We both looked at each other and simply started running as fast as we fucking could out of there. Must have ran for a good few miles before we stopped and talked about it.

We both agree on what we saw, there was no mistaking it. Like I say, it was the middle of the afternoon, we had a good clear sight of it from maybe about twenty to thirty feet away.
>>
>>17807243
Nice. I'd like to hear the other one, too. Though you should know that I've seen some dogs (legit dogs, nothing supernatural) that were taller than their human owners when standing on their hind legs with their front laws on the human's shoulders to hold them up. Could've been a wolf-mix dog. Still wanna read your other story, tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 321x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 321x240px
>>17807053
>>17807175
Oh shite.

Pls lads no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fiy4A3sbd4
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.