[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you guys think of this? I just rented it recently and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (87KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 720x1080px
What did you guys think of this? I just rented it recently and thought it was a steaming pile of garbage
>>
>>17801940
Acting and the premise were very good, just had shitty execution. Plot progression stopped halfway through the movie.
>>
More of a drama than horror. The goat was pretty freaky. Naked Anya Taylor-Joy was nice, still trying to find screenshots.
>>
just marathoned that at the local kinoma, was it any good?
>>
>>17801940
I expected more exposition, it was weird and had a nice aesthetic but was shit otherwise
>>
It was shit, but I'm glad I watched it.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>17801940
Not for everyone, its a very specific type of horror.
Really well made though. I personally loved it
>>
It was entertaining. I enjoyed the creepy feel that the entire film had going. I was pretty disappointed with the ending though, and hoped to see more witches than what we got.
>>
I loved it, senpai.
>>
Its not scary, but unsettling for religious people.
Its a funny movie if you're an edgy faggot
>>
If you don't like it you're an idiot with bad taste.
>>
cute girl and ass
>>
>>17801940
The atmosphere was fantastic but it never really did anything with it, way too many scene built up so well to just kinda stop.

Black Philip was the best part of the movie though.
>>
>>17801940
It was a culmination of every New England witch folktale coupled with the failings of Christianity as a belief system for rational people.

The ending where she joins the coven was just beautiful.

I'm not surprised most you dimwits thought it was shit, considering how highly recommended Babadook is on this board.
>>
As I've said before on this board, I think the Witch is a good movie trying really hard to be a great movie
>>
>>17802260
Pretty much this
>>
File: the-witch2-425x225.jpg (20KB, 425x225px) Image search: [Google]
the-witch2-425x225.jpg
20KB, 425x225px
Sex.
>>
But how did she sign the contract if she can't write?
Why were the other two kids killed when they talked to black Phillip.
Why was the boy killed when he got to have succubus sex?

A lot of plot holes. It was alright though
>>
>>17802293
>Satan took the wheel
>Naked grannies gotta eat and Black Philip didn't want no kid booty
>Witch aids mang
>>
>>17801940
>rented it
>2016
Why?
>>
>>17802303
Man this explains everything thank you
>>
>>17802260
This, top paragraph sums it up perfectly. It's classic horror movie material for sure
>>
All I want is a shot of that ass and to know who it belongs to
>>
>>17802317
Cuz my apartment building has a theater on the entertainment floor and I like watching shit on a big screen
>>
>>17801940
I like the ending as much. Felt to sudden nd over the top. But the acting from everyone was fantastic. They nailed the old engrish speak.
>>
>>17803062
Overall I loved it. What a study in mood and tension, fuck. Also teenage sexuality threatening puritanical minds. The ending was a bit sudden. I wanted that milked a lot more somehow.
>>
I loved that movie, the atmosphere was amazing IMO. The ending didn't impress me, but I can't say it was bad. Can anybody recommend me something similar?
>>
File: images.jpg (193KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
193KB, 720x1080px
>>17803131
A Field in England is only vaguely similar, but it's really weird and creepy too.
>>
>>17802197
Why ?
>>
>>17802199
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
>>
>>17802199
>>17806336
>winner winner chicken tendies
Hmm yes, posing this intellectual stance from mothers basement again are we?
It wasn't good. It was well made but it wasn't good and that's okay.
>>
>>17802260
>It was a culmination of every New England witch folktale coupled with the failings of Christianity as a belief system for rational people

Being a fiendish amalgamation of everything the directors came across doesn't make it inherently a good narrative.
The movie had it's moments, but it somehow felt lackluster, despite godly atmosphere, acting and a good premise.
Also don't generalize anon, Babadook is shit imo. It's better than Babadook, but still worse than a lot of other stuff.

>>17802233
Also this.
>Black Phillip, Black Phillip, a crown grows out his head
>Black Phillip, Black Phillip, to nanny queen is wed
>Jump the fence post, running in the stall
>Black Phillip, Black Phillip, king of all
>>
>>17803131
The Village
>>
>>17806592
Thank you! Apt analysis!
>>
It's a perfect example of style over substance
>>
>>17801940
Good movie, also I had a horrible experience after I watched it. Whenever I see this poster my mind automatically tells me to throw up.
>>
>>17806733
>>>/b/
gtfo of here faggot
>>
>>17806740
>resorts to name calling
>offers nothing in the way of a explanation of why this doesn't belong on this board
>claims another is homosexual for wanting to see a incestuous relationship form on a movie about witchcraft
Right
>>
>>17801940

it was a shitty fucking movie and I hated it. The plotline was shit and contrived. The horror was non existant. It's like what fucking pretentious cunts would watch to talk about with their other pretentious cunt friends.
>>
>>17806760
>sick fuck junkie is a sick fuck
Fuck off, you fucking waste of skin
>>
>>17806791
>pretentious cunts = anons who understand simile, metaphor and allegory
why don't you watch Oculus again you plebe
>>
>>17806811
>more name calling
>personal biases
>obsessively swearing to get a point across
Real intelligent
>>
>>17806791
Uncultured peasant detected.
I bet your favorite horror movie is Ouija or some other plebeian garbage.
>>
>>17806850
>Real intelligent
Says the namefag on /x/...
Fuck of gaylord. Your so gay you're father left you're mom for you, faggot.
>>
>>17806850
We can't all be as smart as you, junkie scum.
>>
>>17804959
Creepy how? I liked the movie but it wasn't creepy, just weird, I don't even think is horror.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.