[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My subconscious has been attempting to contact me through my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: hard_labor.jpg (82KB, 746x1023px)
hard_labor.jpg
82KB, 746x1023px
My subconscious has been attempting to contact me through my dreams lately and I think I'm supposed to explore Buddhism, specifically nonduality aspects of it.

Can anyone tell me more about this? Why have I suddenly been "selected" to partake in it? I am as far from Buddhism or old dharma as any other westerner and have never really read about it outside of school, but slowly it's starting to appear to me in my dreams.
>>
Go shovel
>>
Yeah meditation is the way to communicate with your subconscious. However it would be very beneficial to master your monkey chatter brain first. Protip your imagination is the key. Subconcious communicates in symbols. If you learn its language you can actively tallk to it. Its very very useful.
>>
>>17801466
>Why have I suddenly been selected

go back to facebook with this narcissistic bullshit. You are not a special snowflake that was chosen to save the world.
Also, study it if you want or don't. Stop trying to make things significant
>>
File: Kali8.jpg (446KB, 1400x887px) Image search: [Google]
Kali8.jpg
446KB, 1400x887px
>>17801466
Epic book that talks all about the 4 traditions of Advaita (non duality) is called The Advaita Tradition in Indian Philosophy. Talks all about Sunyavada Buddhism, Yogacara Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, Kashmir Shaivism.

4 deepest books Ive ever read and found nothing to come close in 16 years are

Vijnanabhairava or Divine Consciousness
Siva Sutras The Yoga of Supreme Identity
Spanda KarikasThe Divine Creative Pulsation
Pratyabhijnahrdayam The Secret of Self Recognition

All by Jaideva Singh who has the best most in depth versions.

Those books are from the tradition of Trika Saivism aka Kashmir Shaivism. It is non dual Saivism.
>>
>>17801486
>>
>>17801466
I cannot fathom why you weirdo fucking humans attach convoluted meaning to the very mundane process of dreaming like it's your brain picking up shit from the universe. And you fuckers have no grasp on what a subconscious is and what it does. You guys act like its this locked up part of your brain where youre keeping all these amazing secrets from yourself.

I'm so tired of this pseudo-Eastern, hippy, snowflake, the world is boring so I'm actively seeking to believe lies, new age horse shit.
>>
>>17801466
on this note somewhat realated what do I do?

in my dreams I've been having contact with old [ex] friends that I don't want to speak to

I feel like I should contact them though

But like really I don't ever want to speak to them again :/

what do

In the dreams I don't want ot speak to them either but it ends up being a thing
>>
>>17801466
Hi OP, someone here has given you 4 books to read. I found these books to be incredibly difficult to digest if you're not familiar with the Orient and it's method of scholarly dissertations.

I instead recommend you listen to as much Alan Watts as you possibly can. He was a famous philosophical entertainer in the 1950-60s who helped bring an understanding of Near Eastern culture/religion to a western front. I found I was able to understand these complicated, poetry-esque scholarly books a lot easier.

Alan Watts is all over YouTube and starting anywhere is as good as the beginning. Good luck in your journey. The Ego is a joke. :)
>>
>>17802385
Dreaming is one of the trippiest things and its fucking huge! You act like no its totally normal to go completely insane every day and live in multiple other realities but its actually nothing forget all those other fun realities you live in every day only this lame one is real.

Ya got shit twisted bro.
>>
>>17802717
Yeah its PHD level spirituality those 4 books. He was wondering about non duality and those books are so good I try to read something else then end up reading those again cause they're far superior. Hell yeah the books are a tough read thats the point! You get through a single page and your mind has been blown over and over!
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 450x618px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 450x618px
>>17801466
>My subconscious has been attempting to contact me through my dreams.
So, describe any one of these dreams in detail. What leads you to believe you are "chosen"?
Just Really Dude?...!? Details!!!

How many times must you children be told? Meditation and self-awareness.

And as always, thank you for shitposting on 4chan.
>>
File: b78gh.jpg (27KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
b78gh.jpg
27KB, 450x450px
>>17801486
>Calls him a narcissist.
>Asks him to stop it with a religion that focuses on helping him get over himself.

W-what?
>>
>>17801466
Damn that old guy is fucking jacked son
Fuck a gym, I'm just gonna dig holes
>>
So yourself is trying to make contact with yourself through yourself?
Wow you're on something anon!
>>
>>17801466

Try looking for a vipaasana centre near your area and visit them.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.