[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get eidetic memory?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1465558219711.jpg (32KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
1465558219711.jpg
32KB, 450x410px
Is it possibile through lucid dreaming and meditation?
>>
>>17798037
Drink bleach.
>>
>>17798037
I've been playing with memory techniques for awhile but not all that seriously. Look up the memory palace. I used that when I was studying anatomy and put in like a third of the work of everyone else for an A+.

As far as my understanding of eidetic memory goes; it seems to be the ability to recall a mental snapshat. They remove the color so there's less to remember, they blur everything except that which is important so there is less to remember. I'm not quite able to do it yet, but using those last two ideas I've been able to commit diagrams (again, when I was in anatomy) to memory and have pretty consistent recall.

It's all practice, and the more you try to get it to work the easier it'll get.

So to answer your question, it's probably not possible with lucid dreaming or meditation. It is however possible with rigorous mental training.
>>
>>17798037

create a memory palace
>>
>>17798296
Thank you for the thoughtful answer. I have started using memory techniques for memorizing digits.

I memorize 100 digits in under 10 minutes and can go up to 500, but I have to refine the method.

Heavily stimulating your memory in different ways reinforces it, but I was wondering of any acquired eidetic tract.

For example, gaslighting victims sometimes happen to develop eidetic echoic memory. Have a Google search.
>>
>>17798383
That's not eidetic memory.

When you lucid dream you can play music in mp3 quality, something you cannot do while awake.
>>
>>17798401

lucid dreaming and eidetic memory have nothing to do with each other.
>>
>>17798413
You clearly don't get it. Eidetic echoic memory is the ability to remember sounds in way similar to visual eidetic memory.

In a dream you play in your head music you already know, in detail and indistinguishable from an external source.
>>
>>17798037

Believe me, you don't want it. You just think you do.
>>
LSD
>>
>>17798296
This man is correct
>>
try praying to the beast behind all perceptions for access to its memory banks?
or just update your software for your next life.
>>
>>17799849
stop trying to spread your rational view of enlightenment.
we dont want it.
>>
>>17798459
It need not happen only in dream. In fact it's common for musicians to have entire songs they haven't studied or played memorized just from listening to them. That's it even getting into what people in audio production hear and recall.
>>
File: wPbXm.jpg (468KB, 505x3712px) Image search: [Google]
wPbXm.jpg
468KB, 505x3712px
>>17798037
You just need to learn how to encode memories in multiple physical locations in your brain. It's like backing up your hard drive, right? If you save your work by just copy pasting the data multiple times, but in the same exact file, that's not going to help. Because if that specific gets corrupted, doesn't matter how many times you copy / pasted the material in a row, it's all gone now. You have to make copies of the file itself, in multiple places. The farther removed, the more secure. (I.e. on the same hard drive, but different partitions? On a USB stick? On a cloud server?)

Here is one way to do this:

DISCLAIMER THIS WILL MAKE YOU FUCKING CRAZY

So, what is it you want to memorize? Let's saaay, what you had for breakfast. Imagine that you were batman, and you were having breakfast. What would batman think about that? Which is his favorite part of the dish, how does he drink his coffee, does he scoff at the amount of butter Americans use? Obviously, Batman won't be making choices here, but you would imagine how he would react if he made the choices that you do.

As this is going on, at the same time imagine how Iron Man would be having his breakfast. What we would say for conversation? What's going on in his head, as he plans his day? How does this contrast with Bruce Wayne's alter ego? Remember to keep your stories straight. You wouldn't want to slip and say something a fucking character out of a comic book would say, right? That would be dumb.

Okay. Now do it for a third character, as many times as you like. That's how you remember what you ate for breakfast. When you can simultaneously view your reality perspective from the lens of about four personality schemas at once, at all times seamlessly and for all information that crosses your awareness, you will effectively have an eidetic memory.

cont...
>>
>>17799885
Anytime you can't remember something, you just check in with one of the other personality schemas that backed up that memory. Knowing the contrast between Tony Stark and Batman's personalities, you can imagine what you would imagine you would have came up with for Batman's reactions to that particular memory strand, and essentially repair that damaged sector. If you do this consistently, it gets easier, as the way your mind naturally compiles information is to use previous instances to describe incoming information.

Now, you can imagine how this method can very easily make you seem autistic. But, well. That's it. That's why sometimes autistic people are able to store insane amounts of information. Because the way they store it is insane.

I don't... think there's really a way around this. Just a balance to be struck. How much are you willing to let go of the idea that your mind is a singularity, and adopt the perspective that your mind is actually a plurality? And you don't have to use comic book characters, in fact please don't. But it does amount to splitting your consciousness into four seamless, but functional identities that are able to work together. And it can work, if you do it correctly, periodically letting memory conflicts resolves themselves and choosing to forget from time to time so as not to fill your mind with useless details.

As I like to remind myself, it's okay to talk to yourself. It's arguing with yourself when it gets crazy. ~_^
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.