[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaudiya Vaishnava General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: VISHNU.jpg (135KB, 485x647px) Image search: [Google]
VISHNU.jpg
135KB, 485x647px
Krishna.com

Purebhakti.com

Vedabase.com
>>
Everybody is looking for Kṛṣṇa.

Some don’t realize that they are, but they are.

KṚṢṆA is GOD, the source of all that exists, the Cause of all that is, was, or ever will be.

As GOD is unlimited, HE has many Names.

Allah-Buddha-Jehova-Rama: ALL are KṚṢṆA, all are ONE.

God is not abstract; He has both the impersonal and the personal aspects to His personality, which is SUPREME, ETERNAL, BLISSFUL, and full of KNOWLEDGE. As a single drop of water has the same qualities as an ocean of water, so has our consciousness the qualities of GOD’S consciousness ... but through our identification and attachment with material energy (physical body, sense pleasures, material possessions, ego, etc.) our true TRANSCENDENTAL CONSCIOUSNESS has been polluted, and like a dirty mirror it is unable to reflect a pure image.
>>
With many lives our association with the TEMPORARY has grown. This impermanent body, a bag of bones and flesh, is mistaken for our true self, and we have accepted this temporay condition to be final.

Through all ages, great SAINTS have remained as living proof that this non-temporary, permanent state of GOD CONSCIOUSNESS can be revived in all living Souls. Each soul is potentially divine.

Kṛṣṇa says in Bhagavad Gita: “Steady in the Self, being freed from all material contamination, the yogi achieves the highest perfectional stage of happiness in touch with the Supreme Consciousness.” (VI, 28)

YOGA (a scientific method for GOD (SELF) realization) is the process by which we purify our consciousness, stop further pollution, and arrive at the state of Perfection, full KNOWLEDGE, full BLISS.

If there’s a God, I want to see Him. It’s pointless to believe in something without proof, and Kṛṣṇa Consciousness and meditation are methods where you can actually obtain GOD perception. You can actually see God, and hear Him, play with Him. It might sound crazy, but He is actually there, actually with you.

There are many yogic Paths—Raja, Jnana, Hatha, Kriya, Karma, Bhakti—which are all acclaimed by the MASTERS of each method.
>>
http://asitis.com/
>>
SWAMI BHAKTIVEDANTA is, as his title says, a BHAKTI Yogi following the path of DEVOTION. By serving GOD through each thought, word and DEED, and by chanting HIS Holy Names, the devotee quickly develops God-consciousness. By chanting

Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa
Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa, Hare Hare
Hare Rāma, Hare Rāma
Rāma Rāma, Hare Hare

One inevitably arrives at KṚṢṆA Consciousness. (The proof of the pudding is in the eating!)

I request that you take advantage of this book, KṚṢṆA, and enter into its understanding. I also request that you make an appointment to meet your God now, through the self-liberating process of YOGA (UNION) and GIVE PEACE A CHANCE.

(hand written)

All you need is Love (Krishna) Hari Bol.

George Harrison 31/3/70

Apple Corps Ltd 3 Savile Row London W1 Gerrard 2771/3993 Telex Apcore London
>>
>>17797835
Can he poo in a loo though?
>>
krsna people are cool
>>
>Those situated in the mode of goodness gradually go upward to the higher planets; those in the mode of passion live on the earthly planets; and those in the abominable mode of ignorance go down into the hellish worlds
>>
Fucking hippy shit
>>
File: Prabhupada Tompkins Square.jpg (187KB, 533x768px) Image search: [Google]
Prabhupada Tompkins Square.jpg
187KB, 533x768px
>>17798355
Prabhupada was actually quite disdainful of hippies, considering them a complete waste. They had rightfully rejected the material path, but instead of accepting the spiritual, they had only rejected part of the material (the "work" part) and expected to lounge in material enjoyment.

He would often tout as an accomplishment taking hippies and turning them into hard working, good boys and girls. That hippies had rejected one path for a lower one, but those that accepted the higher taste of Krishna Consciousness would give up drugs, give up free love, give up meat-eating, and engage simply because it was inherently and internally joyful.
>>
>>17797829
Neat.
>>
>ISKCON

Repackaged Chrisitanity-lite, essentially a dsitraction for less savvy people who are looking for a way out of the trap.
>>
I once saw you faggots parading around town chanting and dancing. You look like complete morons. Piss off with your cult.
>>
>Worshipping pajeet's god
>>
Haribol bump
>>
>>17798974
"The dogs bark, but the caravan must continue." - Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Maharaja
"Yes, they will laugh at us, and we will laugh at them. But our laugh is better." - Srila Prabhupada.
>>
ISKCON cultist pls go. Advaita Vedanta or GTFO.
>>
>>17801403
That's funny. What distinction are you making between them? Isn't everything One?
>>
>>17801407
Mayavadis BTFO
>>
>>17798952
What elements of Christianity do you think are prevalent in Gaudiya vaishnavism?
>>
>>17801407
everything IS one, which is why i implore you to give up your heretical cultist ways and start practicing something legitimate.
>>
>>17801730
I appreciate your imploring, but Krishna brought me to Prabhupada. And Prabhupada showed me who Krishna is. And I love them both for that. And no amount of antagonizing from you will close that reawakened, eternal link.

Strive away at your removal of the self, and after crores of lifetimes we shall reunite in Krishna's service.
>>
>>17802132
But can krishna poo in loo?
>>
File: krishna butter thief.jpg (71KB, 383x460px) Image search: [Google]
krishna butter thief.jpg
71KB, 383x460px
>>17802138
When He wants to behave, yes.

evaṁ dhārṣṭyāny uśati kurute mehanādīni vāstau
steyopāyair viracita-kṛtiḥ supratīko yathāste
itthaṁ strībhiḥ sa-bhaya-nayana-śrī-mukhālokinībhir
vyākhyātārthā prahasita-mukhī na hy upālabdhum aicchat

>“When Kṛṣṇa is caught in His naughty activities, the master of the house will say to Him, ‘Oh, You are a thief,’ and artificially express anger at Kṛṣṇa. Kṛṣṇa will then reply, ‘I am not a thief. You are a thief.’ Sometimes, being angry, Kṛṣṇa passes urine and stool in a neat, clean place in our houses. But now, our dear friend Yaśodā, this expert thief is sitting before you like a very good boy.” Sometimes all the gopīs would look at Kṛṣṇa sitting there, His eyes fearful so that His mother would not chastise Him, and when they saw Kṛṣṇa’s beautiful face, instead of chastising Him they would simply look upon His face and enjoy transcendental bliss. Mother Yaśodā would mildly smile at all this fun, and she would not want to chastise her blessed transcendental child.
>>
>>17802160
POO IN LOO
>>
>>17797829
So is krishna actually a space goat. Like a dranai.
Why did he kill a entire race of people with a nuke in the bhagad vita
>>
>>17802132
Spoken like a true cultist. I've met your kind before. I don't know what it is about ISKCON but it severely fucks people up. Whenever you wake up from your culty stupor, feel free to look into real branches of Hinduism.
>>
>>17802380
Please note the thread is Gaudiya Vaishnavism, not ISKCON. I am not in ISKCON, though I did begin there. Evangelism is not my style, or else I would be starting these threads instead of just showing support.

But if you wish, I can quote Mahvacarya instead.

ahaṁ sarvasya prabhavo
mattaḥ sarvaṁ pravartate
iti matvā bhajante māṁ
budhā bhāva-samanvitāḥ

>Lord Krishna uses the word matva meaning realisation of His Supreme Absolute position inspires one to perform bhajante mam or perform loving devotion unto Him. This clears up any and all misconceptions regarding the presence of individuality with the Supreme Lord.

The personalist tradition in the Vedas is quite real.
>>
>>17798952

>What elements of Christianity do you think are prevalent in Gaudiya vaishnavism?

I'm talking about ISKCON. As for your question once we got rid of that little strawman: Hmmm...

>If you confess with your mouth that Krsna is Lord, you will be saved

OH BOY WHERE HAVE I HEARD THIS BEFORE
>>
Im a siddhi. Ama
>>
>>17802515
>If you confess with your mouth that Krsna is Lord, you will be saved

It doesn't really work like that. Is that your only example?
>>
>>17803664
It does, in a sense. It takes less than that, really. Simply saying or typing Krishna, simply SEEING Krishna's name and a jiva will be saved. WILL BE

And that's why it doesn't really work like that. The "will be." Because the jiva is eternal and has countless lifetimes. Contact with Krishna's name is all it takes to start the path back to Godhead.

> Bg 2.40 — In this endeavor there is no loss or diminution, and a little advancement on this path can protect one from the most dangerous type of fear.

However it is entirely up to you how long that path will take, and whether you'll be making a few stops in Hellish places along the way.

> Bg 7.3 — Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection, and of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth.

Becoming fully Krishna conscious can be done in one lifetime, but it can also take millions of lifetimes. I certainly think I'll be going to Hell a few times before I get there. But it isn't a problem (more than the delay) because the point of bhakti is NOT to be saved. That is mukti, liberation. Bhakti is about serving selflessly out of love. The point is to love Krishna unconditionally. Are you in Heaven, Hell, Earth, or any other state of existence? Good - there's a lot of service to Krishna you can do. Bhakti's Oneness is to see everything as Krishna, and in service to Krishna. There is nothing else.

IMO, Christianity is a bhakti tradition but their goal is mukti. The vast majority of them are still in the mindset of self-centered enjoyment, and follow God as a business transaction to be paid in full by Heaven later on. They have a diamond in the teachings of Lord Jesus and they use it to scratch the calluses of material pain off their feet.
>>
Aum shiva shakti.
>>
If Hinduism was any good India wouldn't be literally poo land.
>>
>>17797839
Thank you God for this thread. I've needed this.

>got stuck reading satanist shit
>caught in spinning Web in my head of a failed shitty past
>see this thread
>read it
>pull out

Thank you
>>
>>17804289
Whatever you do, don't read Bhagavad Gita As It Is. Arguably the worst translation ever, written by a con-man and a charlatan. There are better translations out there. And the Gita is a tiny drop in a vast ocean of wonderful Hindu traditions.

That's kinda the issue I have with this pseudo-ISKCON con artist named OP. Gaudiya is gawdy and godawful. It's superficially painted with gold but there's fuck all underneath. Most of the good shit is not related to Vaishavism.
>>
What a breath of fresh air !!
More people need to pay attention to Hinduism and its countless analogues & cousin religions. it's beautiful, needs its fair share of critical thought and dissection, but it is eternally relevant. Sanatan Dharma; Eternal Order.

but there's something specific I want to share with you all and its the reason I decided to post this right now.

Advaita Vedanta, specifically.
Cuts out all the riff-raff and is a priceless methodology towards returning to the imperishable self, the unborn awareness: the source consciousness.

What more could be said, than to point to what's going on with Mooji's camp right now? His Satsangs are OFF THE HOOK
Its something that doesn't come around very often. He's freeing many, many people in the western world of their conditioned identities and phenomena based illusions. He's definitely something else and it most definitely deserves looking at by people already affiliated with this kind of stuff. It will change how you look at Every-Thing.

please, please do yourself a favor and watch some of these satsangs of clips of satsangs.

Basically he points to a simple path of self realization. You can free yourself now. Right now. Through self inquiry, and listening to satsang (being in the presence of the highest truth) You can pull the plug on your illusory life, the question just becomes - how much do you want to live free?

basically its just truth serum. Living in the truth, is living within the grace of God.
There's so much more that could be said, ahh

A Simple and Profound Introduction to Self-Inquiry by Sri Mooji
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSgWktJ2nE

I Am the Alarm Clock in Your Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQZUNg_eJ5M

"Feelings" are Just "Visitors" - Don't Identify ~ Mooji
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y6TEox6ZE0

Mooji How to Find The Golden Treasure Within Yourself ◦ Tea Satsang, 10th August 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUxpfl_mGtM
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.