[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a guide to opening your third eye?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
Is there a guide to opening your third eye?
>>
>>17791359
Tons most suck, and try to embellish it somehow. I was thinking the other day about the fact that all the Googlable guides are shit, and the only time I ever see a decent explanation is here on /x/. There must be some kind of bias that enters the mind during the drafting process that ends up making all the published/"polished" stuff look like shit.
>>
>>17791396
Can you dumb it down a bit?
>>
>>17791400
Ignore everything you read and look within in whatever way seems intuitively right to you. If you have trouble telling what feels right, just calm down, take a deep breath, and meditate like there's no problem with your thoughts.
>>
>>17791440
What is the best way to meditate then? The reason why I ask you to dumb it down is because I'm drinking and want to get connected to my spiritual side
>>
>>17791458
Just sit and listen to the world around you, try not to think in terms of words and just acknowledge the world as it is. Words are a human thing, what you want to access is the part of you that is quiet and nameless. You'll know when you have it. Just let all of the sounds come into your field of hearing (hearing tends to be easiest, it seems)

Drinking might make it a bit easier because you have to negotiate an uncontrolled mind.

Stop giving things like a "book" a name such as book. It doesn't call itself that, then apply that principle to literally everything around you. Nothing has a name, and float in that wordless cloud of silence and reality. Then you're basically meditating.
>>
>>17791476
Should I think while I'm meditating? Or should I have a quiet mind?
>>
>>17791476
Also do the hand signs that I've been reading actually work?
>>
>>17791499
Only if you think they will help. The purpose of meditations aids (such as beads, or hand signs) is to create a, dare I say it, safe-space for your consciousness to get out of its own way and let the mind be a space.

When gurus and masters talk about "emptying the mind", they don't mean "think about nothing" - they mean to allow your mind to be like the great void, the space in which the entire universe can exist in.

Thinking while meditating is perfectly natural. Listen to those thoughts like you would listen to music.
>>
>>17791519
What about listen to calm nature sounds? Or does this affect what you where talking about, listening sounds around me?
>>
>>17791533
You're headed down a slippery slope pal don't do it. The third eye manifests demons.
>>
^^This is rubbish - nature sounds are encouraged. There is a Buddhist quote (I think)

"Rain. It is the banana leaf who speaks of it first."

Listen to the sounds around you, when you no long think in terms of words, and be open to the universe. Your third eye should be the new perception that you see the world with.
>>
shove a banana up your ass while eating an apple
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.