[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can /x/ tell me about liches? Like origins of the word or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 34r5423ef.jpg (52KB, 589x601px) Image search: [Google]
34r5423ef.jpg
52KB, 589x601px
What can /x/ tell me about liches? Like origins of the word or some history about them.
>>
Liche is derived from some foreign speak word for corpse, I think
>>
adventure time has a liche with a pretty good explanation of its nature
>>
an ancient form of corpse magic in which you can revive your dead corpse as a vessel for you to live in after death. similar the the wights in GOT. ancient norse/pagaen magick i think
>>
>>17791030
I think that's more akin to a draugar.

A lich transforms his body into an undead husk while hes still alive, and keeps his soul in a reliquary.
If his body is ever destroyed, then a new body is created near the reliquary.
If the reliquary is destroyed, then the lich is killed.
>>
liches aint shit but hoes and tricks
>>
>>17790997
Yeah, it's a word the vikings brought to England that means corpse.

There's an old English town with the word, called Lichfield founded in the 7th century, with an interesting local legend you could check out.
>>
>>17790975
A lich is typically a powerful mage, who in order to combat his own mortality, has delved into the forbidden arts of necromancy. Thus, he binds his soul to a suitable vessel, a phylactery, while his body is transformed by the necromantic powers. Everyone that follows Death in life can find no peace when it comes to claim their souls.

They have no problems with keeping a huge amount of undead servants to do their bidding and act as defenders of his blasted lair.
>>
>>17790975
They should have been a class in world of warcraft
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.