[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animism/Polytheism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Page10_r1_c1.gif (18KB, 760x350px) Image search: [Google]
Page10_r1_c1.gif
18KB, 760x350px
Hello /x/. Like many of you, I believe, I had been nonreligious for a long time but decided I needed something more. I've decided what I believe in is a sort of animism, where there are spirits on earth which are manifestations of the one divine. Spirits of the trees, of the mountains, of the water, ect. I don't have a named pantheon which I honor particularly, because Asatru is for LARPers and since I'm not native American I wouldn't feel right honoring those gods.

I would like to build a simple shrine, somewhere secluded, where I may leave them offerings of food and gifts for protection and guidance. What should be included in such a shrine? Are there named deities I should be aware of? Do any of you have similar beliefs or follow similar practices?

Not interested in any crazy new age stuff or schizophrenic ramblings of tripfags. I'm merely honoring the spirits of the world.
>>
File: witsen_shaman_wikipedia.jpg (158KB, 537x398px) Image search: [Google]
witsen_shaman_wikipedia.jpg
158KB, 537x398px
bump
>>
File: Moksha_Release.jpg (2MB, 2048x2049px) Image search: [Google]
Moksha_Release.jpg
2MB, 2048x2049px
>I needed something more
>need

There's the problem OP, when you realise that your desire is the thing holding you back, you will witness the spirit you seek.
>>
So you don't have a named pantheon because you want to avoid being classed a LARPer, but you come here asking for specific deities to add to your pantheon. And you don't want any crazy new age stuff.

You've come to the wrong place, friend. But since you seem sincere I'll help.

Honoring nature and world spirits is easy. Make an altar with flowers and unearthed stone (stone that needs to be dug out of the ground). Set it up in a place where the wind can pass over it freely if you can. Water the flowers. Clean and bury the stones.

Named deities mostly go against the idea of nature spirits, so no specific tribute is necessary.

>>17789215
Wrong religion.
>>
File: shaman.jpg (105KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
shaman.jpg
105KB, 720x480px
>>17789238
Well, also no specific named deities because I think their power only extends to their locality, and that they're regional representatives of the same universal spirits.

Named spirits I mean if there's a name for particular categories of spirits. It's hard because I don't have a specific religion.

By new age I mean shit like crystals or esoteric stuff.
>>
>>17789265
You can't name a spirit without assigning it a culture and locality.
>>
This makes absolutely no sense. You don't want new-age bullshit but you are willing to create a belief system around made up spirits.

Animism or spirit belief is one of the more retarded forms of faith. Even worshipping the sun or creating God was a step up, and that's saying something.
>>
>>17789332
create a belief system = bad
>create a god = good
??
Animism is the oldest form of worship there is. It's a reverence for nature and the divine, not pulling something out of your ass. It's been practiced for thousands of years so I am not inventing anything.
>>
>>17789186
>>17789265
Your science skills of wisdom bests this tripfag's magikal cohesion >>17789238

Totally in the wrong place as there aren't nearly enough humans harmonic with nature who use computers especially as a percentile.

Animism is what started all magik, and those who are descendants of magikal races which have lost their spark will tell you this and that seemingly quite certain as it is practice to get back there, which I feel is retrogressive and a fit evolutionary exercise.

Naming things is a tool>>17789301
Language is also from extraterrestrial origin.
Lame wannabe Celtic Spellswords will say without names you cannot have thought, but this is because they have no impetus of their own, what the truth is in this case is you cannot have word.

As I said word is a tool, and those who will shun you here don't get that, as they throw their entire akesha into everything expecting killer results because they have some highented attention to darkness.

+1 for Voodoo Kami Shamman if OP is cool enough to even
>myspaceship
>>
There's plenty of Native American lore to draw from, they had spirits out the wazoo
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.