[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tarot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: thoth69sample.gif (25KB, 139x200px) Image search: [Google]
thoth69sample.gif
25KB, 139x200px
What do /x/ think about tarot, witch cards sets do you prefer to use, and why?
Do you think there is any differences in the outcome of the reading, between using Rider-Waite Tarot, Thoth Tarot, or just some "unknown" cards with no specific title.

I'd like to hear your inputs on the subject.
>>
are you the faggot from the Aleister Crowley thread??
>>
>>17789739
No, haven't even seen that thread. Just genuine interested in what people think about this subject.
>>
In my experience different decks give different outcomes because I like to use the interpretation of the card itself (not just its usual meaning but what is in the art) But as far as thoth v rider-waite they are very different and give you different things to work with in the cards themselves and are therefore quite prone to giving different outcomes.
>>
>>17791673
as to which decks I have a lot that I like. the one I started reading with is the Spiral Tarot. Currently I have a universal waite deck that I am playing with. I've been giving the Thoth a cursory glance but that is because of my current study of Corwley. I've shied away from tarot a little bit because it was something my ex and I would talk about a lot. Nothing bad just, you know, staying away from recent hurt until the breakup is less fresh.
>>
That make sense.
But then, if the outcomes are different from witch deck you're using, how do you know what's the "real" thing.
I've ran into people saying one or the other deck is the best, or more right one to use. But maybe that's just something personal, in what people find most attracting.
>>
>>17788074
Has anyone worked with the Tarot Illuminati or the Book of Azathoth? I recently got my hands on both and the former has been extremely good. I love the gilt edges even if the art is way over the top.
>>
>>17791696
because Tarot is highly up to the interpretation of the reader there is no "real" thing. For me I use the cards as a springboard for more intuitive divination. Like a starting point and then I let other senses and thoughts guide me.
>>
>>17791705
That was actually what I was thinking myself, that it's up to the personal interpretation.
One of things that have shun me from the cards, is the idea of it being some thing "supernatural" to predict the future with.
But using it the way you speak about, make sense to me.
>>
Who wants to hear my witchcraft story??
>>
>>17791705
another way to think about it is that each deck gives you a different view of the card meaning. Like having another lens you can focus on the meaning that much more. This can even be used with very different decks the Thoth uses more astrological symbolism than Rider Waite but that doesn't mean the correspondences don't work with both.
>>
>>17791721
the tarot are tools. I in fact don't ever believe that an object alone has any special powers. All things must be looked at in connection with eachother. Nothing has a meaning in the void. But as for the cards, yeah really just a way to access your own subconcious and powers.
>>
>>17791723
Aren't there more cards in the Thoth than the Rider Waite, or are they just different titles?

That does make sense. So boiled down, you actually can use one set to understand another?
>>
>>17791730
Good point
>>
>>17791704
No, none of the above.
>>
>>17791733
They have different titles and in some cases slightly altered meanings (aeon v judgment) I'm not sure about minor arcana though, but I think they are mostly the same

and yes I use all my knowlege of past decks I have studied to understand whatever deck I'm currently working with. For instance the Spiral Tarot was a really good guide for learning the major arcana as the fools journey. So I apply that to all my readings even though a lot of decks kind of leave it out. I learned Qaballah basics with my OTO camp so we used the Thoth for a lot of examples... but then ran into problems because Crowley's early works and later works disagreed... but I digress the point is each deck gives me a new approach to each card. I see the hangmang symbolism best in the Rider Waite deck but when using it for readings I'm more inclined to focus on how I learned it from the Fey Tarot with someone holding on to something under the water. They could always let go and go to the surface but they are trying to see something more.
>>
File: scots.png (16KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
scots.png
16KB, 650x650px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGyisFz95QQ
>>
>>17791764
I can see, I have to get my hands on some different decks.

Thank you for the elaborated explanation, it gives me allot to go on : )
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.