[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unexplainable weight-loss in the moment of death of humans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: soul_has_weight.jpg (276KB, 748x1270px) Image search: [Google]
soul_has_weight.jpg
276KB, 748x1270px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_%28doctor%29

>MacDougall attempted to measure the mass change of six patients at the moment of death. His first subject, the results from which MacDougall felt were most accurate, lost "three-fourths of an ounce", which has since been popularized as "21 grams".

Dr. Zaalberg van Zelst and Dr. Malta did similar tests in late 20th century and also measured the loss of an amount (of 69,5g) at the exact moment of death that they were not able to explain.

In the 30s Harry LaVerne Twining tried the same thing with mice and also measured a weight-loss at the moment of death. He tried it again in a vacuum sealed glas cylinder. As he did so he suddenly did not see any weight-loss anymore at the moment of death.Twining thought that the mice had lost some body fluids in the moment of death that immidiately evaporated. But there is completely no reason for such fluid-loss in the moment of death.

What if in his case the weight did not decrease because the soul was not able to leave the vacuum glass container?

What do you think about this /x/?
Did these people actually measure souls and proved some kind of life or consciousness/whatever after death?
>>
Gasses that leave the body upon death.
>>
Mr. Retard didn't account for shitting your pants and pissing your dick off when you die.
>>
>>17787749
I am pretty sure they would've thought of that themselves if it was the case.
>>
Maybe its the last breath not the soul. Not that I dont believe in a soul but come on this is ridiculous
>>
>>17787757
I can not imagine that multiple professors/doctors did these tests and did not mind that it might just be the last breath or piss or shit... I'm pretty sure they did mind that.

Why wouldn't it be possible to weight a soul?
>>
>>17787749
If they are weighing them at the moment of death then that wouldn't affect the weight.
>>
>>17787769
Oh well, didn't even think about it that way but yea, obviously the piss and shit would still be on the scale and thus not affect the result.
>>
>>17787761
Actually, it looks like there was only one pre-recorded weight out of the four people. He didn't even have anything to compare it to for the other 3.... sounds like he was just looking for a publicity-seeking story.
>>
>>17787761
Because souls come from God and God is not of this world.
>>
>>17787785

What about the dutch doctors and Twining who did the same tests with similar results though?
>>
>>17787749
>>17787757

Just looked further into this and found this out of MacDougalls own book about the experiments:

>The patient's comfort was looked after in every way, although he was practically moribund when placed upon the bed. He lost weight slowly at the rate of one ounce per hour due to evaporation of moisture in respiration and evaporation of sweat.

During all three hours and forty minutes I kept the beam end slightly above balance near the upper limiting bar in order to make the test more decisive if it should come.

At the end of three hours and forty minutes he expired and suddenly coincident with death the beam end dropped with an audible stroke hitting against the lower limiting bar and remaining there with no rebound. The loss was ascertained to be three-fourths of an ounce.

continueing in next post
>>
>>17787821

>This loss of weight could not be due to evaporation of respiratory moisture and sweat, because that had already been determined to go on, in his case, at the rate of one sixtieth of an ounce per minute, whereas this loss was sudden and large, three-fourths of an ounce in a few seconds. The bowels did not move; if they had moved the weight would still have remained upon the bed except for a slow loss by the evaporation of moisture depending, of course, upon the fluidity of the feces. The bladder evacuated one or two drams of urine. This remained upon the bed and could only have influenced the weight by slow gradual evaporation and therefore in no way could account for the sudden loss.

>There remained but one more channel of loss to explore, the expiration of all but the residual air in the lungs. Getting upon the bed myself, my colleague put the beam at actual balance. Inspiration and expiration of air as forcibly as possible by me had no effect upon the beam. My colleague got upon the bed and I placed the beam at balance. Forcible inspiration and expiration of air on his part had no effect. In this case we certainly have an inexplicable loss of weight of three-fourths of an ounce. Is it the soul substance? How other shall we explain it?

As you see, he eliminated all physiological explanations including the pissing and shitting yourself when dying part.
>>
>>17787799
What's the source? Can't really find any credible sources that show anyone else showing similar results.
http://www.snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp
He seems like he was really influenced by his religious beliefs, if you look at the part about dogs. Honestly the experiment just doesn't seem logically sound.
>>
>>17787785
Actually this goes hand in hand with the study by Dr Sam Parnia:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/first-hint-of-life-after-death-in-biggest-ever-scientific-study/
Yea, telegraph... But the study is legit and actually took place. Just google about Dr Sam Parnia.

In that study only 39 per cent said they had experienced some kind of awareness while being resuscitated and 13 per cent said they had felt separated from their bodies and the same number said their sensed had been heightened.

Ironically one out of 6 persons makes 16% which is pretty close to the 13% of the above study. Sure that is just speculative connections but who knows? Might be that not every soul makes it out of the body for god knows what reasons.
>>
>>17787903
Sounds a bit ridiculous. People describing seeing things and hearing things without eyes or anything to sense. If these are to be believed, I don't see how there are can be deafblind people alive if they have souls to experience things.
>>
>>17787914
Well we dont know shit about a possible soul and its functions so anything about that is only speculation.

But in the study some people described things (the two beeps in some intervals to tell for how long the person is clinically dead already) that they couldnt have known anything about at all. Then again maybe it was just something they noticed during the 20-30 seconds after the last heartbeat in which the brain may still work.

I just desperately tried to find some study i am sure iread about some years ago in which some doctor did place a sign or a picture in the emergency room that was impossible to be seen out of the beds perspective. You wouldve literally needed to leave the bed to see it.
Yet some of the people who died described it in detail afterwards. I know i have read about that study a while ago on an actually reliable source where they also mentioned the doctors name.
Goddamn it i cant find it again though. Im gonna keep searching.
>>
It's just the weight you lose when your shoe comes off
>>
>>17787757
a breath of air does not weigh 3/4 oz
>>
>>17787938
I have had this happen to met at the age of 9. I had quite a few paranormal experiences around that age. Brings tears and shivers to my eyes.

One night, I woke up and left my body to go pee without realizing it. It's dark, and I pass by the mirror and I notice I don't see myself. I begin to flicker the lights on and off, and I am still not there. I run back to my bedroom and lay back down and see my own body fucking laying there. Was terrifying to say the least.
>>
>>17787761
If a soul had weight that would imply it is made up of, or has some component of, matter. Which would then mean that souls are bound to the laws of this physical plain of reality, which doesn't make sense if you take into account stories of out of body experiences, Astral projection, etc.
My thoughts at least.
>>
>>17788689
>plain
Ignore that please.
>>
>>17788689
Well, just like infrared rays and all kinds of rays it might just be something we do not pick up with our senses.
radiowaves, microwaves, infrared rays etc. aren't visible nor can they be measured in weigh, right? But does this make them any less bound to the "laws of physical plain of reality"?
>>
>>17787739
This has been known for so long, gasses and fluids left the body between the first measurement and the second.
>>
>>17788711
fluids would still be measured as they are still one the scale.
And for gasses there is no way they weigh that much.
>>
File: 1407998465415.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1407998465415.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
>>17787739
>unexplainable
>continues to link to the explanation
>>
Weight is a result of mass, which is a property of matter. If a soul has mass the it is matter. If a soul is matter it sort of defeats the whole otherworldly, spiritual, in corporeal aspect of what a soul is.
>>
>>17787745
/thread
>>
>>17788725
>still one the scale
while slowly evaporating or going down the drain

>And for gasses there is no way they weigh that much
a few grams? oh boy, sure there is

>>17789078
fucking this. Soul believers should be the first people to debunk this shit
>>
>>17787739
it's just gasses n shit. you actually linked to the explanation of why their experiment was flawed lol

give it up soulfags. you're meaningless blobs of meat like everyone else.
>>
>>17789089
Gasses do not weight 21g.
>>
>>17789119
>while slowly evaporating or going down the drain
Sure, this is even mentioned in the experiment, but the 21g dropped INSTANTLY within a split second.
Please show me how your piss evaporates within 0.00x seconds..
>>
>>17789078
>>17789119
you guys do understand that if there is a soul it has to exist within the laws of physics, not some hokus pokus shit
>>
>>17789878
They can, in the right amounts. That's like saying "solids do not weight [sic] 21g.
>>
>>17788689
Certain subatomic particles have mass but don't interact much with other matter.
>>
>>17790253
No set of human lungs can hold 21 grams worth of atmosphere, at least argue a realistic point, you ignorant faggot.
>>
>>17787739
There's a "lose weight now, ask me how" joke in here somewhere.
Let's not tell /fa/, some of the people in their thinspiration thread would come asking how to sell their soul in order to be that much lighter.
>>
His scale was actually a modified "bed". The soon to be deceased was placed on it to die, thus giving a real time estimate of weight. Saw an episode of "dark matter" on the science channel about it.
>>
>>17791130
He actually only even weighed one of the subjects before death at all.
>>
>>17790902
cursory google and wolfram alpha tell me that the volume of 21g of air is 6.5L. 6L is the average human male lung capacity. I was totally with you until I looked up the numbers and math involved, now I am thinking it could be. They do say unexplained instant change though. I assume in 18XX they knew air had weight.
>>
>>17789078
>>17789119
>>17790015
Soul believer here, Im with the harsh logic on this one, it's got to be gasses or some other explicable physical substance or force acting on the table that wasn't accounted for by the physician.

Just because souls are real (in my estimation) does not mean that they by necessity are required to follow laws of physical matter, and indeed, it should be assumed that they do not if they exist at all.
>>
I'm a paramedic. I deal in death sometimes. One of the contracts mu company has is picking up dead bodies for the Medical Examiner.
The average total volume for in thr lungs is around 6L. Only about .5L is moved in/out during respiration. This means you'd have to put force into getting all the air out of the lungs. And speaking from personal experience, the air in the lungs is not usually expelled until several hours after the time if death. Its disconcerting hearing a corpse burp and make noise while its in rigor.
>>
If this is all true, why isn't anyone taking about the people who have died and came back to life, moments later?

I mean, If when you die, in nearly an instant you lose 21 grams, than if you die for a moment, lose that much weight, come back to life, than surely you should gain it back.

What is the word on this??
>>
Yeah it's about 21 grams of shit that comes out of their ass when they die, and piss too.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.