[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tulpas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1464145330151.jpg (978KB, 1440x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1464145330151.jpg
978KB, 1440x4500px
Oh god, I know I'm gonna regret this, browsing /x/ late at night, but I have a question. What is a tulpa? I found this the other day, and it left me intrigued
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (133KB, 1149x593px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
133KB, 1149x593px
>>17779887
>I found this the other day

>Posts crap from 2012
>>
>>17779902
An oldie, but a goldie
>>
>>17779908
It's /mlp/ dung.
>>
>>17779887
>>>/trash/3274788/
>>
>>17779936
oops
>>>/trash/3274788
>>
Children self-inducing psychosis is hilarious, keep it up autists.
>>
Tulpas are the imaginary friends kids had that never went away
>>
Weeaboos, being orientalists, prefer the word 'tulpa' over the Western word 'thoughtform'. But they're the same thing, and maintaining a thoughtform doesn't HAVE to take as much work as tulpamancers like to invest.
>>
>>17779887
It's an autonomous entity born from your mind. It's generally going to be contained withing your brain and subject to you will, for as much as you care to control it.
>>
>>17779947
Do you even know what psychosis is?
> impaired relationship with reality.
Tulpas are not related at all to psychosis, if we want to assosciate them with mental ilnesses the best you could get would be MPD or DID
>>
>>17779887
its an autist meme for children under 13 and or mentally challenged adults
>>
>>17782285
more like schizophrenia
>>
It's an imaginary friend that you essentially train to be autonomous. It's mostly used for mlp fags who want to be able to fuck cartoon ponies.

I'm trying to create one that will help me be a better person. Ironic?
>>
>>17779887
There is already a thread for this, OP.

>>>/trash/3310992
>>
>>17783033
Extremely ironic.
>>
>>17779887
>Mfw ponywar screencap pops up that you were shitposting in, the shockwaves of which had the circlejerkers blabbering about tulpas for months to come
Pretty sure that was on /b/, some trips using 4chanx

Tulpas are an imaginary friend that you make real through willpower.

>Mfw no face for this nostalgia
>>
>>17779887
A tulpa is an ancient technique of separating a part of your personality, much the same way that happens as a defence mechanism in Dissociative Identity Disorder. Through years of meditation and focus, you imagine a being until it becomes second nature.

Of course, now people create tulpas because they have Asperger's and/or want to feel less lonely when they compulsively masturbate.

"Summoning" a succubi is literally the same process.
>>
So if you create it properly, can you eventually begin to actually see it? Or is it more of a feel-the-presence kind of thing?
>>
why is this board so homosexual
>>
>>17783452
It depends on just how crazy you are.
>>
>>17783452
yes
>>
>>17779887
/x/ is going to be like this for a few more months unfortunately. Just pick through and find the few good threads. We're cool for the summer.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.