[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X, Where should I start with cryptology/cryptography? Any good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

X, Where should I start with cryptology/cryptography?
Any good books you know, or maybe something online? Picture just first thing I could find.
>>
>>17777120
Are you imaginative? Do you have a strong grasp of algorithms?
>>
>>17777143
Strong grasp of algorithms? 2+2=4 my friend.
>>
>>17777183
>algorithms
As in, do you comprehend mathematics beyond a basic premise like arithmetic?
>>
>>17777225
You realise an algorithm is simply an equation that gives you a correct answer, right?

Cryptography is more about heuristics than algorithms. It's about taking the shortcuts you know that won't give you a definite answer but will allow you to recognize patterns based on codes and languages that you know. From here deduction takes place. You also need to be able to mentally convert very quickly.
>>
>>17777387
>an equation that gives a correct answer
Your definition of algorithm is shit and you're not going to get anywhere in cryptography with a heuristic mindset.
>>
>>17777390
My definition of algorithm is the textbook definition of an algorithm.

So long as your deciphering game is strong, you can use a heuristic mindset. There are calculations, but codebreaking is about recognizing patterns. If you get bogged down in doing mathematical gymnastics you're going to miss these.
>>
>>17777395
>codebreaking
That is barely the surface of cryptography. Your textbook is shit.
>>
>>17777398
cryptography
krJpˈtɒɡrəfi/
noun
the art of writing or solving codes.

Google apparently is shit too.

Oh wait, you're one of those "Le summon succubus below le surface web xD" fuckers, aren't you?

What are your credentials, anyway?
>>
>>17777402
>Google apparently is shit too.
Now you're starting to understand the fine art of the game that is cryptoscience.

I'll give you a hint: Governments (organizational intelligence) isn't winning this war.
>>
>>17777406
>>>/pol/
>>
>>17777420
This is a hackers game. It has nothing to do with politics.
>>
>>17777387
You are retarded.

t. intelligence officer ~8 years
>>
>>17777430
Everything is politics. I think you mean politicians.
>>
I mean

I mean

An anal golorythm is is i dun

No

Mmh

Sexy
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.