[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is having a fascination with death and mortality etc. normal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 300px-Weighing_of_the_heart3.jpg (29KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Weighing_of_the_heart3.jpg
29KB, 300x246px
Is having a fascination with death and mortality etc. normal? Especially of mythologies and the like.

I'm not sure what I believe in yet but anything artistic with themes of death and the like seems to be my kind of deal and I don't know if people will find it understandable.

I had a lot of depression/anxiety/etc etc not long ago in my teen years and to get through it I took up writing and sketching meaningful stories. So the only explanation I can come up with is that I somehow unconsciously co-opted the experience into something productive i.e my fascination with this stuff.
>>
>>17777073
You're just an edgelord. You'll grow out of it, hopefully.
>>
>>17777090
Oh, ok
>>
>>17777073
It's far more normal than anyone will ever be able to communicate to you.
>>
How you get interested in death?

No, really, how? I'm thanatophobic, and for 3 months till early May i had hard time bearing the thought of my own death, and, even worse, those of my parents and my long time girlfriend.

Literally, one day i woke up and realized that she, the one who had slept embraced at my arm one day will be dust.
It was like a nightmare coming back from my childhood
>>
>>17777073
>Is having a fascination with death and mortality etc. normal? Especially of mythologies and the like.

Yes, don't you think that's partly the appeal of religion?
>>
>>17777073
i have a fascination with death and tragedy, though i prefer real life stories of death to fantasy or mythology.

i've had a lot of depression and anxiety as well. i think it's relatively normal, maybe (i hope). i've come across some people online over time who share similar interests. it's not something i inject into conversations most of the time though because it makes many people uncomfortable. i think it's just that the element of death is not comparable to anything else in life. you will never understand the experience until you experience it for yourself. some people feel that way about romance so maybe i'm just a bit more morbid than they are. who knows. i would love to do something productive with my interest but i'm not there yet and have no ideas.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.