[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is conscienceness /x/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Consciousness.jpg (723KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
Consciousness.jpg
723KB, 864x648px
Am i the only person that experiences it? If i die and cant observe/experience anything does the universe cease to exist? How does everyone have their own conscienceness and mind if i'm the only person that can observe?
>>
>>17775425
Who said you're the only person that can observe?
>>
>>17775425
Consciousness is real and permanent, as far as I know.
As for the physical universe, I have no idea why it exists at all.
>>
I've been thinking about this same thing a few days ago. It is kinda hard to explain but I know what you mean.
>>
>>17775425
Don't confuse yourself and your ego with consciousness.

There is no duality no separation. So when you say " Am I the only one" it sounds like you don't quite understand.

You most likely have watched some youtube videos.

Go do large amounts of psychedelics, then you might understand
>>
>>17775425
Consciousness can't actually be explained as a "thing" because its the background of everything else, in order for you to experience a duality. A sense of "self".

It can't be put into words. And people can't be told what consciousness is You can only experience it.
>>
>>17775425
You making this thread, and asking that is... well, it's retarded.
>>
>>17775425
The clpsest thing you will get to an explanation of consciousness is perhaps the word "Nothing".

Because consciousness is formless. It is the closest thing to nothing. However it can be paradoxical. Because you can also says its everything.

So at the end of the day, it just is. Just like how the sun is, how a tree grows, how stars shine.

Trying to comprehend what it is whilst being Human is contradictory. Because you forgot what it was in order to have this experience
>>
>>17775425
You're the only one in your experience, however, there's others experienceing what you do from different perspectives.

ie. Me and you.

But what experiences through us, amd anything, is the same. But you're not identifying with that. You're identifying with the ego.

It comes across when you say " Am I the only one?"
>>
File: 1464664171494.gif (2MB, 365x238px) Image search: [Google]
1464664171494.gif
2MB, 365x238px
>>17775511
This guy deserves a cookie.
>>
File: 1464661479106.jpg (67KB, 500x578px) Image search: [Google]
1464661479106.jpg
67KB, 500x578px
>>17775425
.......Wow the ego on this guy, you should accept nihilism. Nothing you do matters, nothing you say matters, when you die you'll be fertilizer for the ground. To say there is, or isn't, an afterlife isn't for me to say. Believe is all consciousness were to cease to exist, the universe would keep moving on. Humans aren't that important, just because we have consciousness and are sentient.
>>
>>17775610
IS= IF
>>
File: 570112832.jpg (36KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
570112832.jpg
36KB, 351x359px
>>17775434
It just exists, for no fucking reason. Just like Consciousness, and Sentience. The Universe is all about chance, and chaos, so to question what happens to it when a individual is no longer in this plain of existence is idiotic.
>>
>>17775425
Consciousness is like a room of mirrors;

You are the light, reality is the room.
>>
>>17775828
and you're a faggot
>>
>>17775834
See you on the other side, newfriend.
>>
>>17775519
It's an interesting problem. The fundamental qualia can't be used to describe their own workings and neither can the fundamental particles that make up the universe for the same reason.

But once you understand that is perfectly logical, I think it no longer seems like evidence of the divine like some people present it.
>>
>>17775425
IT IS MY EVERLASTING LOVE TO THE FAIRY QUEEN
>>
many people will die in the next coming years

this is the beginning of the end
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.