[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this movie any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: llihs.jpg (7KB, 163x310px) Image search: [Google]
llihs.jpg
7KB, 163x310px
Should I watch this?
>>
>>17774611
nope, annoying 1800-s style english and nothing scary or interesting happens.
>>
The question is why you keep pimping the hell out of this film.
>>
>>17774611
Why don't you just VVatch it yourself and find out.
>>
>>17774616
i'm shilling it for free publicity. Now respond to this so I get bumps.
>>
>>17774616

This and fucking hype people have created around this movie, satanists embrace it and stuff like that.

This indicates a broader problem with artsy-occult circles in the West that they think critisizing Christianity is so fucking edgy and revolutionary.
>>
>>17774691
wew lad
>>
>>17774611
Just watch it

If you don't like it then just turn it off

Everyone has different opinions on everything including film

Just stop making these dumb threads everyday
>>
>>17774718
are you sure?

did you like it?
>>
>>17774691
>critisizing Christianity
What is it with christfags and their persecution complexes?
>>
>>17774611
yeah it was decent. that dudes voice is so cool and the daughter gets naked
>>
I had high hopes for this because the trailer was so great, but I found it a little boring desu.
>>
This is such a great movie. I recommend buying the deluxe blu ray edition when it comes out!
>>
I wish there was a good medieval horror movie, like evil dead 3 but more horror .
>>
>>17774765
>ADVERTISEMENT DETECTED
>>
It was alright. Maybe it was just the theater I was in but a lot of the dialogue was washed out by the score. I couldn't hear what they where saying half the time.
>>
>>17774732
*What is it with [Insert Religion Here]fags and their persecution complexes?*

ftfy
>>
>>17774611
watch this shit few days ago since it was constantly circling around /x/
might be too stoned and zoomed out when something went down i really didnt get the hype
>>
>>17775033
No one is quite as vocal as the christtards though
>>
>>17774732
>muh holocaust
>>
File: 1431032607457.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1431032607457.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>17774736
>the daughter gets naked
count me in
>>
>>17775055
At the very end and it's just the shadow of her butt.

It's OK but it's not scary, like, at all. If you want scary, look elsewhere.
>>
i thought it was alright. better than a lot of horror flicks nowadays,
>>
File: islam in London signs.jpg (22KB, 380x235px) Image search: [Google]
islam in London signs.jpg
22KB, 380x235px
>>17775040
>>
>>17774614
>>17774754

you're just a retard, it was one of my favorite horrors. If you aren't underage and don't lack empathy, you'll enjoy it
>>
I thought it was good, way better than most other modern horror fodder like The Conjuring.
>>
It was honestly quite boring. Interesting as a period piece, but not at all scary. At all. The only thing that could be unsettling is in the first and last five minutes. It was a bad way to waste 90 minutes of my life.
>>
I wanted to like it. I kept hearing it was an atmospheric slow burner with some truly unsettling scenes. I love those kind of movies; but I just didn't find this one very effective. I actually think it would have been better had it gone for a more experimental style as nothing was fleshed out enough to make it a good narrative film. I think its attempt to be accurate actually worked against it, like they thought that would overshadow the fact that it had very little character. It was like a Tarantino movie in this respect; it was trying so hard to capture a pre-existing vibe that it forgot to create its own. The cinematography was great and the costume and set design was spot on, though.
>>
>>17774614

t. pleb
>>
>>17775525
I'm not sure if this is bait
>>
It os one the filme which is closest to actual witch

Is freaking insane as reality is
>>
Yeah it sucked. Bad ending.
>>
>>17774616
>>17774691
Try this on /tv/, you'll catch more fish. I found out about it on my own months after it came out and it didn't have much hype? The opposite of le babadook.
>>
>>17775508
It's an awful movie, you just thought it was deep because it was unique (not in a scary or entertaining way) and because you're stupid.
>>
>Should I watch this?

You can go an entire life without seeing it and not miss a thing. It was pretty much not what it was advertised as. And it is one big disappointment. It's the movie equivalent of being blue balled.

>OH THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME HOLY SHIT
>OH BOY HERE WE GO!
>HERE. WE. GO...
>Boy, it's been nearly an hour...
>Oh ok, that was neat but what else happens? That can't be it, can it?
>There's only 30 minutes left man...
>OH THAT WAS PRETTY SPOOKY! HERE WE GO NOW OH YEAH....
>*ending*
>Fuck me man.
>>
>>17774754
>>17775061
>>17775910
>>17776033
>>17777310
>>17778039
>>17778055

"not enough jumpscares"
>>
>>17774611
I just watched it this past weekend...
desu, it wasn't that bad. it was a pretty good "innawoods" movie as the kids these days say
nice historical setting
was it a GREAT movie? No, but it wasn't shit.
it's worth the experience if you watch it for free (which I did) and I didn't feel like I wasted the couple hours watching it when I was done.
>>
>>17778066
>can't greentext
>assumes we all like jumpscares

We love horror of all kinds. This was supposed to be suspenseful and more of an "ambient" horror movie. Which it did not pull off successfully. After the first hour, you realize that you spent an hour watching what really amounts to some sort of Colonial themed soap opera with a goat. Then in the second hour you realize it's moving towards the done to death theme of "THE DEVIL DID IT! HE'S REAL! BUT HE MIGHT BE THE GOOD GUY HERE, YOU DECIDE."

It had very poorly constructed undertones of the mother and father being abusive, and even the family itself being incestuous. (Which is one of the speculated reasons why they get kicked out of their village.) There are weird hints all throughout the movie. Some blatant, some more metaphorical.

Then of course the horrible ending which was all about how strong and independent women can be if they are "liberated."

It was a poorly done movie made by Hipsters, advertised as something that it was not. A horror movie. It doesn't matter the type of horror it was supposed to be. It just wasn't one at all. Why? Because you spent the majority of the movie feeling like you were watching Little House On the Prairie meets Tim Burton.
>>
>>17778114
>tl;dr My Opinion: I didn't like it
which is fine, it wasn't your cup of tea and you expected more from it.
Like I said, >>17778105
it wasn't great, but it wasn't shit.
They didn't depend on jumpscares or gore, which nearly all modern "horror" movies depend on these days, so it immediately strikes most people as a giant FAIL
mind you, i'm not saying YOU expected gore or jumpscares, you already plainly stated your opinion, and I can see where you are coming from...
I just don't agree 100% with your assessment
I do think the plot could have been a wee bit more developed...
>>
>>17778128
I was just commenting back to the other guy on why I disliked it. I can see why people may have liked it...but I don't see how anyone with any real level of maturity could have liked the movie. Once you see that the plot is all based in "So ok, at the end we blame it on the Devil,and show some nicer tits and ass, and everyone will think it's deep and meaningful, cool?"

What do you not agree with in my assessment?
>>
>>17778146
I just think reading into it with the whole feminism and other sjw type bullshit is reaching...
sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar, and a spoopy movie is just a spoopy movie
ergo why I said the plot could use some more development.
I agree the ending was a little "meh" and bland, but I think that speaks far more to our jaded senses (we expect much more than we often get)
>>
>>17774650
VVhy don't you just go fuck yourself
>>
File: nosf3.jpg (83KB, 1024x837px) Image search: [Google]
nosf3.jpg
83KB, 1024x837px
Robert Eggers' version of Nosferatu will be the final nail in the coffin for his career as a "horror director". You have the original version and Werner Herzog's adaptation, both well-made and well-received by horror fans; these will throw the new version into sharp relief. When Eggers attempts to make a hipster Nosferatu, he'll be revealed for the absolute hack he is. Looking forward to what NNosferatu's accent will be though.
>>
>>17778182
I didn't read into it. I watched the movie and ascertained the message. Then when I thought "you know maybe I was just reaching", I looked up the movie's director(s) and their message they wanted to get across.Every film critic, or people discussing the movie got the same feeling.

Like, if you want to take the "Spade is a Spade" route, the movie is even shittier because then most of it was arbitrary and there was actually no real plot at all past "Guy gets kicked out of village."
>>
>>17778222
I don't understand why the VVitch's fans are so hellbent on it being regarded as a horror film, personally.
>>
>>17778236
It had a witch in it. It's like calling say...Lord of the Rings a horror movie because it had ghosts in it.

Or Corpse Bride because it was "dark." The movie wasn't what it was advertised as. It was a suspenseful drama, more or less. With a couple spooky parts at the end. Which ended up being all for nothing because the girl goes and runs off with the Witches at the end presumably because her big scary dad was holding her down. Hence, all the nods to incest, and abuse.
>>
>>17776033
>>17778114
Pre info: I haven't read the directors goals/intentions.

I got something else from it entirely, from what I'm seeing here.

It did seem as though a book adaptation trying hard to reach for the same feel.
I would have squarely positioned it as a suspense flick, but frankly we see so little in that field come out now due to 12-25 year olds having an attention span of a gnat.

What I pulled from it was a very spot on critique of humans being humans, the human condition. For any action/event, find someone to blame, and then persecute. Initially the daughter, next the witch, then the little kids, the barrel of the hate gun just kept being turned and aimed, so they could find resolution.

The other theme I saw was, 'the devil preys on the weak'. Initially it looks like the girl is the/a witch, then they turn it so the little kids were persecuted and 'taken hold of by the devil', next it looks like the father finally had a mental breakdown, or as overly religious would say 'taken by the devil.' But quite beautifully, the writers manoeuvre the final play in the game, for the devil to obtain the lead character. For her to be taken so far beyond normal levels of day-to-day mental/emotional wear, to the far extremes of no family, no home, matricide, no help from the village (even if she successfully got there for help, it will look like she did it all), complete moment of desperation, and that is when the devil makes his move.

Which makes us look back at unexplained actions and question, who took the baby in the first place, who took the boy, or were those actions by the witches, at the bequest of the devil? Was the whole thing, even events alluded to before they left the village slowly leading to this culmination, of getting her?

"The Omen", "the exorcist" were the same, due to the religious factor, it scared the bejesus out of country god fairing folk, in city audiences it was almost laughed off..
>>
>>17778487
See, I think you're the one reading too much into it here. This movie was made for people with attention spans of gnats. Overthinking it just leads to this, which goes against what most people got out of the movie. Director included.
>>
it has a mediocre story, i have seen betters but it teached some shit obout the devil and that weird stuff, if you have some free time, Watch it!
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.