[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird "meditation"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Hi /x/

When I was younger I could do this this weird sort of meditation. I don't know how much this will sound like bullshit, but with respect to this board I'm assuming it will be more plausible. However I assure you it's true:

> I'd close my eyes in my room in the dark
> I'd "focus" in on the darkness behind my eyes
> I'd begin to feel a chilling feeling
> The darkness would "intensify"
> As I continued to focus the darkness and the chilling feeling of dread would throb and grow
> I always bailed out because it got too intense

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? I'm not bothered if it isn't paranormal. A simple psychological explanation would do fine for me.

I am an adult now, and braver than I was at 13/14, so I'd like to be able to do that again, so see how deep I could go. The problem is that I forgot.
>>
File: 1456942483523.jpg (487KB, 2000x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1456942483523.jpg
487KB, 2000x1013px
go as deep as possible and you'll plateau.

once you plateau, innovate or wait and you'll find the next plateau.

pro tip: research early christian prayer techniques; they're the most intense form of meditation ur gonna find.
>>
>>17773392
So after thirty or so seconds of having your eyes closed, you would get scared?

To me, it just sounds like you were a pussy at 13.
>>
>>17773400

> "early christian prayer techniques"

I'm not seeing anything good on Google.

This thing felt quite scary desu...do people praying feel that?
>>
>>17773407
not the anon, you're replying to but; 'scary' how do you it the feeling you felt was 'scary'.

scary in the sense you were peeling back the veil of reality? (something I've felt slightly when tripping on LSD/DXM/DMT)
or, scary in the sense you could feel unwanted intentions directed your way (like something was waiting for you to come deeper, though that could just be your unconscious)
>>
>>17773418
>how do you know the feeling you felt...
woops, gotta check muh messages b4 posting
>>
>>17773418

In the years that followed I've done LSD and many other drugs...it was not that confusion/fear.

It was more like a sinking dread. A chill that echoed through me. I felt myself shiver.
>>
OP here. Working now 3-12, but I'll read this when I get home
>>
>>17773392
Used to do something similar by looking into the darkness of my eyes and see weird geometric patterns that would often accompany a feeling of dread
>>
>>17774427

Do tell me how you'd get in to that state
>>
>be me
>like 10 or 11
>roll my eye up so far until they hurt
>holy shit am i meditating?
>do this for an hour straight
>complain that my eyes hurt
>go to doctor and find out that i almost snapped my eye chord thing
>no more meditation for me
>>
>>17775021
It was when I was quite young like 5 up until 13 and it started to fade away as in I wasn't able to see it anymore

It used to be that I would just be going to bed or wake up during the night so I'd be half way between sleep and awake

I have a few theories of what it might be but I doubt I'll be able to discuss it properly because the visions were so unique and 3D that I can't even draw or recreate them and they don't stay in my memory well unless I go back to that place
>>
>>17775060

I'd love to be able to try it again

>>17775036

I laughed. Apologies if this wasn't a joke, if so, are you OK now?
>>
File: 6838154990.png (2MB, 2000x1136px) Image search: [Google]
6838154990.png
2MB, 2000x1136px
>>17773392
I cannot imagine the deep darkness that you describe. I can only see this when I close my eyes in the dark
>>
>>17775149

Ever been underground in a deep cave? It's like that. An all consuming darkness
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.