[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fellow pagans! What are your plans for the summer solstice? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (181KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 660x440px
Fellow pagans! What are your plans for the summer solstice? I'm probably going to have a bonfire and offer a sacrifice of some sort, having figured out what yet.
>>
>>17772678
Which pagan gods, specifically, are you worshiping/giving an offering to?
>>
>>17772699

Odin, I need help getting through some shit.
>>
>>17772720
Look up Asartru.
>>
>>17772757
Okay thanks. I feel kinda bad for not knowing much about the religion. :/
>>
>>17772776
So, you are an eclectic pagan? That sucks. And don't do anything with the babylonians, fuck!
>>
>>17772783
My mother is and she taught me most pagan rituals I know. But I've been diving into odinism. I have been buying every book on it I can find and am going to be reading them thoroughly.
>>
>>17772776
"Paganism" isn't a religion. It's a catch-all term for the indigenous pre-Abrahamic religions of the west. If you're going to worship a specific god, get their religion/pantheon right. Assuming that they're real, lumping them in with "all the others" is just going to make them angry.
>>
>>17772790
Odin's nice and all, and a lot of people still worship him, and he seems like my kind of guy, giving an eye to gain knowledge, and fits into my interests, but I like my gods godesses, so it's Hecate for me
>>
File: thisfuckingthing.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thisfuckingthing.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>17772776
>the religion

>mfw
>>
>>17772816
I was referring to Asartru, not paganism. I'm not that retarded.
>>
File: Bon post.png (782KB, 1470x462px) Image search: [Google]
Bon post.png
782KB, 1470x462px
>>17772832
>Asatru
>not that retarded
>>
Minerva worshiper here. Not much planned out of the ordinary, can't get out of work. Couldn't even take off for the Ides. Fucking sucks.
>>
I myself will be playing The Elder Scrolls Online as much as possible. perhaps a bit of meditation.
>>
>>17772810
Gave me a good laugh there
>>
>>17773132
Why? How?
>>
>>17773194
Maybe that anon has something against Hecate? Not sure why, though. She's not exactly my first choice, but still cool imo.
>>
>>17773233
Hekate is awesome. Imagine what kind of awesome god would a child of Hekate and Odin be
>>
>>17773280
Yeah that sounds pretty sweet.
>>
Hellenist here. Going to have a cookout with some friends.
>>
>>17772678
> Agnostic as fuck.
> Some of my cute guy friends are all decadent pantheists.
> Huge campout/orgy deep innawoods.

I may not be a pagan, but I can appreciate how loose 90% of them seem to be.
>>
>>17773194
>I like my gods goddesses

>>17773233
Nah, I've got nothing against her

>>17773280
True
>>
how do i into paganism
>>
>>17772783
Why NOT our government does?
>>
>>17772678
I was thinking of heading to stonehenge but its more of a hippy rock festival than anything else. That being said if Hawkwind are gonna appear I'll head down

SPACE IS DARK IT IS SO ENDLESS

Also idk much about the celtic gods in relation to my country so I'll have to research further before committing
>>
>>17772832
Me Tarzan, you Jane. Fresh towel when?
>>
>>17773194
Found you.
>>
>>17774643

Ah ah ah eh?
>>
>>17774902
We require additional minerals.
>>
Healing herbs are most potent if picked during the solstice. Picking seven different flowers and putting them under your pillow will let you dream of your soul mate :3

All flowers must be picked in complete silence, of course.

This is from folklore that has been passed down for generations.
>>
>>17775005
>woman
>future husband

I guess a lonely man can't get the chance to see his soulmate ;_;
>>
>>17775005
I will have to try this, thanks!
>>
>>17775072

We can be lonely, together brother.
>>
>>17775072
>mfw this is scrying
>mfw I can scry anyway
>>
>>17774947
que?
>>
>>17775005
>>17775072
apparently as well ancient germanic tribes believed when a lad had a wet dream the forest spirits had paied him a visit in the night

OI OI I LIKE IT
>>
>worshipping gods
>not out smarting them like Prometheus
>>
>>17772832
shut up idiot
>>
>>17775234
yeah and look how that turned out. Getting his willy pecked for all eternity
>>
>>17775263
Liver, and he got freed by Hercules eventually
>>
Moloch and Dagon
>>
>>17775005
>Healing herbs are most potent if picked during the solstice

There is some science to that. The solar maximum is the best time for photosynthesis.
>>
>>17774943
ahahaha!
>>
File: Occult Films Surviving the Game.jpg (115KB, 299x453px) Image search: [Google]
Occult Films Surviving the Game.jpg
115KB, 299x453px
I saw this moving back in 1993 before I knew anything about the Illuminati and the evil that goes on.

Does /x/ think that the elite hunt humans for sport? When it's hunting children I've heard it happens at Bohemian Grove and is call "Teddy Bears Picnic". Is there truth to the elite hunting, and human sacrifices on special pagan days?
>>
>>17776654
What does this have to do with the Summer Solstice?
>>
>>17773129
What server/faction are you on?
>>
>>17774722
pick a god, any god!

Don't tell me your god, don't show me your god, once you've memorized your god, put it back in the deck without letting me see, then I just shuffle... wait, no, that's not right. Just pick a god, and that's it.

>abra kadabra
>>
>>17775234
>>17775263
>>17775576
This reminds me, wasn't one of the other gods helping prometheus on the down low? I'll have to go back and re-read it, but I remember the way the story went suggested that he had help stealing the 'fire' in the first place.

And then we have the mystery of which god put hope in pandora's box, which always bugged me.

I suspect that while the major players of the greek/roman pantheon were against us becoming more independent and intelligent, one (maybe more) of them were playing along and secretly helping us when the opportunity arose.

I suspect it might have been Apollo and/or Athena, but I'm just guessing (with a bit of bias, too)
>>
>>17776912
Dionysus, the absolute madman.
>>
>>17776912
>And then we have the mystery of which god put hope in pandora's box, which always bugged me.
The same one that put all the other shit in. Hope is the greatest evil of all.
>>
>>17776925
Hadn't considered that, but he's crazy enough to do it.
>>17776932
I thought each god put one thing in? Correct me if I'm wrong, like I said, I'll have to go back and read all the stories again. Also, hope being an evil is quite debatable.
>>
>>17776952
Sure it's evil. Pure, blind hope is very destructive. Look at all those poor religious fuckers, for example, or Africa. They just sit there, sit and wait, hoping something will turn up for the better while they do nothing.
>>
>>17776966
That's putting hope into a specific context, though. I agree that blind, or false hope can be bad, but so can anything depending on context.

If everyone was completely hopeless, we wouldn't get very far. It's a prime motivator. When you work towards something, isn't it because you hope to succeed? When things get tough, don't you keep pushing forward in the hope that it won't always be like that?

Hoping for something without work is useless, just as you described. But hopelessness is also useless. After all, if there is no hope for the day ahead to go well, why get out of bed?
>>
>>17776978
I wouldn't put it like that. We do stuff because we have will, motivation, drive, resolve, ambition. See, those are active traits, while hope is passive
>>
>>17777236
Hope alone is just laziness and wishful thinking, but that doesn't necessarily make hope bad, certainly not evil. Like I said, it's about the context. After all, the things you listed have been used to do evil things, but I won't claim that ambition is bad.

The traits you listed aren't mutually exclusive to hope, either. Hope can be a motivator, after all. We are talking about arbitrary concepts and ideas, after all, it's hard to definitively categorize them as good or bad.

As much as I'd like to continue this conversation, my work shift is about to end and I have to go. I'll leave you with another example though. I HOPE to talk to you again. Take care.
>>
>>17776860
NA, ebonheart pact.

@xemanis
>>
File: 2654768-8059740242-a0605.jpg (83KB, 446x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2654768-8059740242-a0605.jpg
83KB, 446x1000px
praise kek

kek wills trump to be elected
>>
>>17775234
Is it just me or is Prometheus doing the smug hand meme.

Is Prometheus the Greek equivalent of Kek?

>Go to Wiki
>'Also, Kuk was seen as that which occurred before light, thus was known as the bringer-in of light.'
>>
>>17778060
He also belongs to the Ogdoad, the Egyptian equivalent to the Titans.

I think I might be onto something here.
>>
>>17777777
Don't mind me, just passing through.
>>
I had a very nice May Day just to myself and my gf, I might try and find a larger celebration this time, or put one on myself.
>>
>>17778617
I'd tell you how I celebrate stuff, but it involves some really illegal things, so I'm just gonna zip it.
>>
>>17776763
>special pagan days?

What does this have to do with the Summer Solstice?
Moron
>>
File: creepy.jpg (30KB, 468x351px) Image search: [Google]
creepy.jpg
30KB, 468x351px
Mixing my two most favorite things. Guns and beer.
>>
>>17778665
I'm very interested anon.
>>
>>17779002
Well, to give you context, in my country, it's illegal to do hunting with a crossbow, so I am doing what is considered poaching.
>>
>>17779014
I'm sorry that you live in Europe.
>>
>>17779046
It has its perks. Hunting regulations are not one of them.
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>17779014
>hunting
>>
>>17779062
It's a legit pagan ritualistic practice. You must be one of them vegetarian wicca fags
>>
>>17779058
>hunting regulations

Well that extends to firearms and self defense as well. And being flooded with Muslims, most likely.

I just...Europe sounds like my own personal hell.
>>
>>17779073
I'm (illegaly) armed enough to equip a car full ofpeople with sidearms at least. I think my dad still has some leftover gear back from '91-95, and that's before our survivalist skills and improvised weaponry. I say, let them come to Europa. I'll happily sing the songs of my ancestors to them
>>
>>17779091
Ehhhh...yeah ok man.
>>
>>17779103
What? I'm prepared to go full vietcong on them. They aren't going to defeat us through demographical change, they are too dumb.
-U-
>>
>>17779120
I just...yeah. I don't see you guys getting much done against people who can out-vietcong you, in a country that will turn on you rather than attack them once shit hits the fan.

Like, even over here in the U.S. we'd have a bad time.
>>
Going on a morning hike with some friends to the tallest mountain near me. We're going early so we'll reach the point by sunrise.

Nothing really spooky unless anyone has any ideas.
>>
>>17778111
Use the spark anon
>>
So, what sources do you guys use for your literature?

Does anyone know of a site that has a comprehensive listing of comparative religion, like what deities are shared between pantheons under different names?

What are your opinions on the different pantheons? Do you believe in one (or a few closely related) ones exclusively, or are you closer to omnitheistic?

Just asking to get some discussion going again. It's sad to see several threads pushing the monotheistic view at the same time while the only polytheistic topic gets pushed out.
>>
>>17780503
I usually just google any questions I have about any religion. I don't know any other Odinists in my area so I have really nobody to turn to.

And I agree, there should be more pagan threads. All I ever see is about Christianity, Satanism, or Islam on /x/
>>
>>17780503
>So, what sources do you guys use for your literature?

Lots and lots of history, rather than mythology.
The Secret Teachings was also an eye opener.
Then for my particular religion, I read "Heroes of the Dawn" which is all Celtic Mythology and explanations of their gods.

>Does anyone know of a site that has a comprehensive listing of comparative religion, like what deities are shared between pantheons under different names?

No site does it comprehensively, that I know of. That's why reading into history (Roman and Greek history especially.) is so important. The Greeks and Romans liked to try and figure out who other people's gods were, in their own pantheons. And they liked keeping records of it.

>What are your opinions on the different pantheons? Do you believe in one (or a few closely related) ones exclusively, or are you closer to omnitheistic?

I think that the core gods are usually the same guys over and over, just interpreted differently. But I also think many lesser, yet very unique gods exist in certain places.Or gods who favor certain people make themselves known to those people.

>It's sad to see several threads pushing the monotheistic view at the same time while the only polytheistic topic gets pushed out.

Get used to it. I did.
>>
>>17781552
>used to be on /x/ somewhat often up to 5 years ago or so
>only started visiting rarely
>visiting /x/ for the first time in a year now
hmm the occult master orion still goes on /x/ all the time, i see
>>
>>17781562
I left for a while. I'm actually in the same boat as you. I currently just have a boring desk job and have a lot of free time. Which is nice.
>>
>>17781563
Haha,I used to troll you but the people that i found really laughable were frater z, frater k, the bored dude, ect.
that shit was hilarious
good times
>>
>>17781573
Eh, chances are I trolled back. And I trolled them to. Still do. Frater Z/K still comes here. We get a long. But every now and then...
>>
>>17772678
stay out of the woods, and away from the weird shit that lives in there.
i wish i could go into the woods.
>>
>>17781577
The fraters were so full of shit it made me wonder if i was being trolled by trying to troll them.
Like when i called one of them out on their ability to perform DBZ ki blast techniques or some shit like that
they were obviously trolls with some occult beliefs but resorted to being full of shit to spread their beliefs
>>
>>17781582
or maybe they really were completely not serious and just completely obsessed with pointless trolling.
who knows?

it was hilarious though
>>
>>17781581
>Not worshiping Cernunnos so you can go into the woods, semi-safely.

>>17781582
Same. That's why I mostly just trolled them.

Now they are not anywhere as bad. They got banned, and stuff. So now they are prettycool. Assuming it is both of them coming back. I know for sure K still comes and does his "LOOK AT MY MEGA UPLOAD GUYS" stuff. Which is neat! But he still does shit that makes me think "Why?" Like, apparently he Doxxed a bunch of people.
>>
>>>>17777777
>>
Rip this thread
>>
Anyone go to that Pagan picnic in St. Louis this past weekend?
>>
Fire, camping, mead, and flying ointment
>>
>>17784276
I live in St. Louis and I had no idea. What exactly is it and is it any good?
>>
File: Birth_of_the_Runes_by_Aiofa.jpg (1011KB, 1500x1096px) Image search: [Google]
Birth_of_the_Runes_by_Aiofa.jpg
1011KB, 1500x1096px
>>17781541
>I don't know any other Odinists in my area so I have really nobody to turn to

Stephen "Edred Thrsson" Flowers' "Nine Doors of Midgard" gives a blot for Odin that you can also adapt for other deities and/or wights as you need. It also contains an excellent course of initiation/self-development/self-transformation based on the runes and the esoteric structure concealed in the myths of Odin.
>>
>>17786133
Different guy but thank you so much for that, never heard of that guy but his work seems really interesting so far.
>>
>>17772678
I'm having trouble arranging a ritualistic orgy during the solstice. Any tips? My group does not have a lot of straight males.
>>
>>17786283

Maybe you might have heard of him had I not misspelled "Thorsson".
>>
>>17772678
i'm agnostic, but I plan on doing a fire ritual
>>
File: Al Aqsa.jpg (178KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Al Aqsa.jpg
178KB, 1024x682px
The problem with being pagan in 2016 is that you have to ask yourself, if your pagan "gods" are so wise and powerful, why couldn't they save their followers from being massacred, or prevent anyone from converting to the stronger Abrahamic religions?

To date, I have yet to hear a satisfactory answer to this question.
>>
>>17787994
If your Abrahamic "God" is so powerful then why didn't he stop the holocaust?What about ISIS?
Numerous plagues?
Any religious terrorist attacks?

To date, I have yet to hear a satisfactory answer to this question.
>>
File: 1425074517433.png (389KB, 534x456px) Image search: [Google]
1425074517433.png
389KB, 534x456px
>>17787994
"gods" don't exist to make our lives better, or to give us super-autism (immortality)

we live AND die according to the tendencies of the natural universe. which are the gods. that's why we call them powerful.

retard.
>>
>>17788346
He wanted the holocaust to happen (if it even happened at all.)
>>
>>17788391
A god is only as strong as its followers, though.

I could walk into a pagan coven right now and scream "DIANA IS A SLUT, PAN IS A FAGGOT", and do you think they'd do anything to me? Pff, no.

Now try walking into a mosque and loudly insulting Allah, see what happens.

Pagans are cowards.
>>
>>17788981
>Diana
>Pan
Those are pansies, and their worshipers are faggots.
I know I wouldn't take a pagan seriously if he/she/it claimed they worship fucking Pan
>>
>>17788992
dunno man, i know a dude that worships odin and thor whose a little bitch. Through a fit because Marvels thor is a fucking alien and not a "real" god. And marvel should care about his fucking religion.
>>
>>17789735
Then challenge the fucker to a trial by combat! Settle it with an axe to his fucking head. The gods would be pleased.
>>
>>17788346
They must have had Iron Chariots.

>>17788981
>Not being an autistic backwards sandnigger is a bad thing now

I'm sure neither Pan or Diana would give a shit.
>>
>>17789767
Because that would get me kicked out of my favorite bar. And i feel like that would dishonor my irish ancestors.
>>
>>17788346
free will dipshit
>>
>>17785349
http://www.paganpicnic.org
>>
>>17790279
So what are you then?
>>
>>17792861
Christian, I just have a healthy admiration for the spirits of my family.
>>
>>17788391
>we live AND die according to the tendencies of the natural universe. which are the gods.

So you don't actually believe in gods, you're just using them as a metaphor for observable forces?

Doesn't that mean you're not actually a pagan then? Just a pretentious atheist?
>>
>>17776893
>pick a god, any god!

That shouldn't be too hard, since there's only one. :)
>>
>>17795266
>since there's only one
You're in the wrong thread, sand-nigger.
>>
>>17795258
Yes and No. They're as much gods as a chair is a chair. Personification is a language tool.

Or did you think it was actually about a magic sky man hurling lighting (Oh wait, that reminds me of something). The god's aren't the cause, they're a description of an event, allowing you to get the point across without delving into the complexities of physical dynamics.

So its more like more pantheism with personified symbols than 'pretentious atheism'.

Pretentious Atheism sounds like the kind of autist who would get triggered when someone described a storm as angry.

>>17795266
>Le there's only one god
>Because we call the other ones Angels and Djiin
>Because we can only worship Yahweh... I mean Allah for the love of Judah and Israel.
>Because we really love Jews and Samaritans... Wait a minute.
>And everyone we like were really Muslims with Muslim values. Like Moses, Jesus, and... Alexander the Great.

When war propaganda goes too far.
>>
>>17772678
join the military, they make way bigger sacrifices on the solstice.

i bet the global elite think its really cute when you do your little parody of their religion.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.