[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if I told you that aliens do not exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 50

File: 933_earth_tiny.jpg (17KB, 945x496px) Image search: [Google]
933_earth_tiny.jpg
17KB, 945x496px
What if I told you that aliens do not exist?
>>
File: List.png (219KB, 1103x674px) Image search: [Google]
List.png
219KB, 1103x674px
Scary thought, huh?
>>
>>17772368
That's funny. I know where they moved em and have seen photos and know how far they came and how they achieved faster than light travel.
You're a moron.
>>
>>17772368
Why not? The universe is vast. For the record I am a believer in God, so I am on your side , although most of the board is not
>>
File: url.jpg (5KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
5KB, 259x195px
>>17772376
>have seen photos
Me too.
>>
Time tells me they do.
>>
>>17772368
you cant tell me something ive seen/felt in person doesnt exist phaammo
>>
>>17772368
Also microscopic life on other planets is alien life.
You're a super harecore moron
Even Steven hawkING says there are aliens
The only problem is how many within reasonable distance with advanced technology?
I know of 1 but there could be a handful more.
>>
>>17772386
That's a shit pic. Idk about that. Alien doesn't quite look right.
>>
>>17772379
>The universe is vast
Indeed and this is why the search for "alien" life "out there" is futile. Why wouldn't God allow the Universe to expand anyway?
>>
File: _hitler_Alien_Fake.jpg (192KB, 1076x719px) Image search: [Google]
_hitler_Alien_Fake.jpg
192KB, 1076x719px
>>17772394
I am clearly talking about intelligent humanoids.

>>17772396
Because it is fake, like the photos which you claim to have seen. By the way, have you ever seen a UFO?
>>
>>17772401
He had a vast heaven of angels greater than "us".

He created us and his closest follower rebelled because of pride, ironically the greatest flaw of the lower beings he hated.

>inb4 Michael
>>
>>17772379
why does belief in a god preclude belief in aliens?
>>
>>17772368
I'm gonna have to say bullshit just based on the statistics. We have billions of galaxies with billions of stars per galaxy and at the least 1-12 planets orbiting each of those stars on average. Now, weather or not aliens have had contact with the human race is up for debate.
>>
>>17772368
I'd tell you to prove it
>>
>>17772368
I would ask for how you came to that conclusion, because probability says there more likely is, even if it's just something like bacteria.
>>
>>17772401
>Indeed and this is why the search for "alien" life "out there" is futile
The universe being vast and having good probability of life sounds like reason we SHOULD search for it. Think of all we could learn in so many fields by discovering life that developed elsewhere.
>Why wouldn't God allow the Universe to expand anyway?
I'll just ignore the blatant presupposition of a god, much less your specific god. The universe IS expanding, regardless of anyone/anything to let it or the why. What does this have to do with the topic at hand? The larger the universe is and the older it gets, the higher chance of there being other life out there.
>>
>>17772432
As I explained in my other post>>17772418

I feel that there is life out there, but he lost his favorite "son" for us, and I can't imagine motivation after that.

I'm far from a "perfect Christian" but I believe in what I feel .
>>
>>17772466
not the anon you replied to, but that post didn't "explain" anything, you're just talking about some story in a book.
>>
>>17772443
But in this case the burden of proof is on you.

>>17772444
>probability says there more likely is
Intelligent humanoids? How?
>>
>>17772441
Look up ancient astronaut theory, puma punku, klerksdorf spheres, phil schneider, billy meier, alaskan pyramid, nephilim, lost book of enki, zecharia sitchin , Cuneiform tablets, annunaki, coast to coast AM, all of the "great flood" stories that every ancient civilization had that predates the bible, sphinx and pyramid on mars, and then tell me that not only did aliens make contact with us, not only did aliens guide us to this point and will continue to, but also aliens are the creators of the human species.
>>
>>17772465
>IS expanding, regardless of anyone/anything to let it or the why
God.
>>
>>17772368
Nice try Xandgos, that's statistically impossible.
>>
>>17772465
>What does this have to do with the topic at hand?
Because of the typical atheist argument "the univehse is weally weally big!" which in no way undermines the argument for the existence of God.
>>
File: 4 (B&W).jpg (312KB, 610x773px) Image search: [Google]
4 (B&W).jpg
312KB, 610x773px
>>17772466
>his favorite "son"
That's heresy anon. Jesus is the Logos.
>>
>>17772485
Sir. i have. And thus i said "still up for debate". We have people saying "this is what happened", "this was the reason for this that and the other thing" we have no 100% concrete, no bullshit, PROOF That aliens where the cause of any of them. I also like how you said nothing of the Nazca lines and El Astronauto, But you did reference Puma Punku, so i guess that's the same thing.
>>
>>17772478
I don't follow that book written by humans. It would condemn Jesus, Lilith, and most of us.

I just follow what I believe, and I don't let people in robes or people that wrote an old book dictate my life. I'm one of those believers that can't really explain because it's what I feel.

I'm not going to post le fedora meme at you. We both have beliefs and I respect that you understand that too.
>>
>>17772484
The OP didn't say "intelligent humanoids", it said "aliens". Even simple bacterias would count. Also, we don't know how large the universe actually is. The larger it is, the higher chance of even intelligent humanoids as well.
>>17772501
>Because of the typical atheist argument "the univehse is weally weally big!"
Are you retarded? The universe IS really fucking big. That's a fact that has nothing to do with atheism. You're right that it doesn't undermine the argument for a god existing, but that's also irrelevant. Keep your fucking topic straight, I thought this was a thread to debate the existence of aliens? Aliens and a god aren't mutually exclusive, so why are you bringing it up?
>>
>>17772509
No heresy was meant. Jesus is his son and our savior. I just meant that Satan, at one time his closest angel, succumbed to a mortal sin like we and Jesus did.

I try to see the good in everyone, even the worst. I'll pay for it if that's heresy. God gave us all free will, and with mine, I chose to believe in and help all I can.
>>
>>17772490
Interesting how God is brought up. When we think of God, we think of something that has powers that are not of this world. And in the Bible, there are countless stories of divine interventions such as the fallen angels.They came down from the heavens and mated with human women and the result is the nephilim who are these massive giants with 6 fingers on each hand and 6 toes on each foot that were around 15 feet tall. This is an example of a story that today is an interpretation of misunderstood technology cause when we think of the heavens, we think of space and something coming down from space sounds more like a rocket to me. So since the people of that time never saw that kind of technology before, they took it as a divine intervention. In that case, who created God? Who created the universe?
>>
>>17772522
>I'm one of those believers that can't really explain because it's what I feel.
Well that's fine and all for you, but it seems to me that you are trying to suggest an answer in regards to aliens based on those beliefs.
>I'm not going to post le fedora meme at you.
You've avoided a mistake, then, considering I'm not even atheist. Though we may be in disagreement, I appreciate your civility, at least.
>>
>>17772547
>Are you retarded? The universe IS really fucking big.
Read the rest of my sentence. Why are you so aggressive?
>why are you bringing it up?
I didn't post >>17772379
>>
>>17772511
With all due respect, I understand that there are people out there like yourself that wouldn't believe in aliens even if one knocked on your front door. There's an overwhelming amount of circumstantial evidence BUT if your believe in the bible, there are several stories where the origin can be found in the Sumerian tablets which are twice as old as the bible. So if you lend any credibility to the bible, then the sumerian tablets should receive credibility including the story of "the creation of man".
>>
>>17772605
>Read the rest of my sentence.
Read the rest of my post, and you would know that I did, seeing as how I addressed all of it.
>Why are you so aggressive?
Why are you bringing up irrelevant religious debate into what was supposedly a debate regarding the existence of aliens?
>I didn't post >>17772379
OK, that's nice. What does that matter to me? I didn't refer to or reply to that post at all. I can see what posts are yours, you ARE using a trip after all.
>>
>>17772484
>But in this case the burden of proof is on you.

No it isn't. I didn't make the claim, you did.
>>
>>17772549
>succumbed to a mortal sin like we and Jesus did
Now that's blasphemy...

You know that He appeared in order to take away sins, and in Him there is no sin. (1Jn 3:5)

He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in His mouth. (1Pt 2:22)

Read also 2 Corinthians 5:21.
>>
>>17772550
You represent an intelligent point from an atheist view. I am a believer and say "if the big bang created us, what caused the big bang from nothing?" Science can't explain how we are the only known sentient race in our universe(that we know of), and religion can't explain why we believe in what we do. I was raised Catholic and was forced to go to church and Catholic school but I found my faith years after I stopped.

>>17772567
I probably spoke wrongly, I can't comprehend life or the universe. I just offered a view I had. The universe is vast and growing. If an alien landed tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised at all. I believe in God but I believe other creations could be out there. I am a true believer but I don't agree with a lot of the Bible. I know people , including myself, that would be considered evil or wrong.

>>17772605
I brought that up , but not as an attempt to draw conflict. The universe is big and growing. I just meant that science and religion both have been trying to figure out life for centuries and neither has come close. I think this is one of the better discussions between the two sides honestly
>>
>>17772550
>Who created God? Who created the universe?
God is eternal, the universe isn't.
>>
>>17772627
>you would know that I did, seeing as how I addressed all of it
Then why did you sperg out?
>Why are you bringing up irrelevant religious debate
I am not.
>What does that matter to me?
You claimed that I brought up God.
>>
>>17772636
>God is eternal
special pleading
>the universe isn't.
citation needed. Even if the universe experiences heat death and every atom in the universe is too far apart to ever interact with each other again, it will still *be* there.
>>
>>17772652
bait?
>>
>>17772632
You misunderstood me as well. He didn't sin, or do wrong in the eyes of God. I meant that according to the older books written and some followers of God, he would have been seen that way. He is my guidance and I am prepared to face my time in purgatory if I misunderstood him.

Your faith is strong, as is mine, but I must interpret Jesus differently. I meant no offense or blasphemy
>>
>>17772642
>Then why did you sperg out?
Right, asking what irrelevant bullshit has to do with anything is now "sperging out". gotcha.
>I am not.
How short is your attention span? Your the one who started bringing up "god" and "the atheist argument" in a completely unrelated context.
>You claimed that I brought up God.
You did. Just scroll back up. Hell, you mentioned it right here >>17772636 again to another anon.

WTF is your damage, kid?
>>
File: Ayy.gif (479KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ayy.gif
479KB, 300x300px
>>17772625
I'm not saying i don't believe in aliens, all i'm saying is we have no evidence that isn't circumstantial at the moment. if you find some, great, i'll take it, but up until that point i will reserve the right to remain skeptical of any evidence.
>>
Aliens exist because the universe is profoundly large and the chances that this is the only place life happened is ridiculously small.

Just because people's purported "alien encounters" are probably fake doesn't mean there's no other life in the universe. Its retarded that a lot of people seem to think the existence of aliens all hinges on whether or not they've come here.

Or, you just believe in flat earth and the sky is a dome. In which case, enjoy living in your bubble, physically and metaphorically.
>>
>>17772655
>he would have been seen that way
By the pharisees?
>I must interpret Jesus differently
How so?

By the way, are you Catholic like me?
>>
>>17772686
>Catholic
I've always wanted to ask a catholic this; what's the deal with purgatory? Where in the bible is it mentioned?
>>
>>17772674
>asking what irrelevant bullshit
I'm talking about your lack of reading comprehension and your overreaction.
>Your the one who started bringing up "god"
You're* and no.
>you mentioned it right here >>17772636 again to another anon.
I simply answered a question.
>>
>implying the aliens aren't keeping us as study subjects in a simulation

They outsmarted us long ago
>>
>>17772695
>>Your the one who started bringing up "god"
>You're* and no.
How can you blatantly lie when it's a simple matter of scrolling back up? see
>>17772401
>Why wouldn't God allow the Universe to expand anyway?
>>17772501
>Because of the typical atheist argument "the univehse is weally weally big!" which in no way undermines the argument for the existence of God.

Funny how you tried to criticize my lack of reading comprehension when you can't even follow along with your own part of a conversation.
>>
>>17772441
>bullshit just based on the statistics.
You know if theres always the chance we can still be alone. I'm saying even if there was a 1/googleplex chance we are alone. There is still the possibility. I'm kind of hoping it is the case. We are dicks as a species when we find them or they find us. I'm assuming we are going to eventually leave this rock.
>>
File: 13-55.jpg (274KB, 879x1106px) Image search: [Google]
13-55.jpg
274KB, 879x1106px
>>17772694
Read these:
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/purgatory
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-roots-of-purgatory
http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/Articles/the_bible_teaches_purgatory.pdf
>>
>>17772694
>Where in the bible is it mentioned?
It isn't, they got it from a bible fanfiction called The Divine Comedy by Dante something or another. It's also where the 9 levels of hell concept came from. The story isn't a bad piece of work, but somewhere along the line people took it too seriously.
>>
>>17772721
>How can you blatantly lie when it's a simple matter of scrolling back up?
Ask yourself the same question. This post >>17772379 was made by another anon and mine which you linked and was made 5 mins later, is a direct response to it.

Is this an elaborate bait or something?
>>
>>17772744
>they got it from a bible fanfiction called The Divine Comedy by Dante
This has to be bait...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Purgatory
>>
>>17772721
You are severely stupid/triggerred by the word God. You really do not have good reading comprehension, and seem shuned by logic. Please stop making a fool of yourself.
>>
>>17772675
I have provided you with the evidence. All you have to do is go read the Sumerian tablets.
>>
>>17772721
GOD
>>
>>17772749
I didn't directly respond to >>17772379 because although he simply stated he believed in God, he wasn't bring it into the debate itself other than to clarify his stance. I found the statement irrelevant as well, but he made no direct claim to a god's involvement in the subject of aliens one way or another. It was your response to that post that I replied to, with >>17772465. Do you comprehend now? Because I'm having trouble trying to simplify it for you any more than I already have.
>>
>>17772782
Stop shitposting.
>>
>>17772686
I am Catholic and yes by the pharisees and many that turned on him without hesitation.

>>17772749
I'm "that anon" , I am not OP.

>>17772744
It's not a made up place or bad. It's a place people that are deserving if heaven go that aren't "ready". For example, non-believers aren't condemned to he'll if they are good people.
>>
>>17772754
I stand corrected, it was made up in the 1200s, not 1300s. I guess Dante just popularized it.
>>17772737
Yeah... not seeing any sort of direct biblical reference to any place like that, just fast and loose wordplay of some vague verses.
>>
>>17772762
God's not nothing to do with aliens. Excuse me for trying to keep it on topic.
>shuned by logic
heh.
>>17772788
>Trying to stay on topic is now shitposting
OK kid.
>>
>>17772820
>God's got* nothing to do..
>>
>>17772368
What if I told you I'm certain they do exist based on the abundance of certain elements in the universe
>>
>>17772858
gib proofs
>>
They exist. The real question is...are we going to be able to talk to them one day?. I want to see aliens ...but at the same time i dont. Imagine if they are some fucked crazy monster or something with skills and tech we cant imagine or some shit.
>>
File: IzRyZqw.jpg (415KB, 2136x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IzRyZqw.jpg
415KB, 2136x1080px
>>17772368
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkr77jE5GFY

>tfw we got the whole place to ourselves

Humanity Fuck yeah
>>
>>17772368
I would tell you thays statistically highly highly highly improbable.

However that being said we will probably never come in contact with one. Aliens here visiting us to probe our anuses is just as improbable
>>
>>17772379
God doesn't exist. People need to stop believing in these fucking fairy tails.
>>
>>17772368
Ok. Back to my Job and life I would have been living even if they did exist.

Nothing matters in the long run. Nothing is going to change humanities course now.
>>
>>17772379
If God exists, then he himself is an Alien. Because he does not come from planet Earth, but from a different part of the universe
>>
File: 1424634731271.png (175KB, 227x289px) Image search: [Google]
1424634731271.png
175KB, 227x289px
>>17773784
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrI-UBIB8Jk

>The Year is 10346AD
>Humanity numbers in the trillions
>The Orion Arm is fully colonised
>The Infinite Resources of Space have lead to a new golden Age for Humanity with Earth as the shining Jewel of Mankinds Empire
>and they saw that it was good
>>
>>17773799
Imbecile.
>>
>>17772404
You clearly said aliens dickwad
>>
>>17773799
Wow that is stupid
>>
>>17773799
i hope god made all life in the universe and we are his favourites in his image
>>
>>17773804
>>17773818
you faggots seem angry, prove me i am wrong. So let´s say we have this entity called God. If he/she is truly the creator of everything, if he/she is truly the almighty. His existence clearly proves then, that there is another form of life, that is beyond our thinking and imagination. How can you disagree with that?
>>
>>17772368

> Aelian

you wont fool me xeno scum
>>
>>17773853
the whole "made in his image" means hes looks like us but is just super powerful
>>
>>17773859
No. you are wrong
>>
>>17772550
There was originally just Energy (The chasm) which can not be created or destroyed, everything is made from through transfiguring energy. From the Chasm, Matter (Gia) was born, along with other governing energy constructions, such as the Forces of Attraction (Eros).
>>
Fucking hell I'm so sick of religion poisoning everything, even a potentially interesting thread on aliens.

If you believe in god or jesus keep it to yourself, it has literally nothing to do with aliens existing or not.

If you believe in a god then you're clearly not intelligent enough to bring anything worth while to the table anyway so
FUCK OFF to your imaginary heaven already.
>>
>>17772485
>'great flood' that every ancient civilization had
not every ancient civilization had a great flood myth. And you know, on the list of most common natural disasters I'd expect floods to be pretty high up. Just saying.
>>
>>17772485
The fact that societies share similar stories dating back thousands of years has always interested me.

But saying such things prove aliens contacted us is no less crazy than saying God must really exist because every civilisation has a flood myth.

You're simply replacing one belief in a magical being with another equally unprovable belief system.
>>
>>17772404

>implying that wasn't just il duce's final form
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 180x159px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 180x159px
>>17772368
You would be wrong.

We must become a multiworld species and develop the resources of this solar system. The cosmos as a natural environment is dangerous enough to motivate us, but the likelihood of predatory alien cultures is also a factor.

If you look up at the eternity of glittering diamonds in the velvet throat of night and think that we are alone, neither I nor any other can help you.

The awakening is personal. I hope some day you can see the truth, and that when you do, you will walk with us.
>>
>>17772694

Purgatory is this.
>>
>>17772368
What is my Gardner Pedro than?
>>
>>17773859
It's not a about physical appearance, bud.

You obviously have a lot to learn. A lot.
>>
>>17772404

Fake photos of ETs exist therefore there is no such thing as UFOs. I had to watch the sky, more or less daily for like 15 fucking years to see one. They are rare. Once in a lifetime rare, and if you hear about people with multiple experiences, there is a 95% chance they are lying or crazy.
>>
This thread is a fail
This is why you people don't get told the truth by the government.
You're still worried about God and fighting over jesus.
You couldn't understand or accept the truth and u don't deserve or need to know the truth.
>>
>>17772379
Some people who take a more biblical approach believe that aliens are either demons or nephilim that escaped to space to survive the deluge.
>>
>>17772368
I'd already be way ahead of you.
>>
>>17774602
Jesus Christ
I hope to god this is disinformation
You may as well start talking about tulpas now
You're all so wrong it's incredible
The truth is out here but judging by how worried you people are about Jesus and how deep you are in fantasy land I doubt you stupid fucks would accept it even one of their ships crashed in your house

The government would come the next day, apologize about the weather balloon, and you sit there thinking about how much weather balloons suck.
Fucking moronic sheep.
>>
>>17774601
"God" has nothing to do with Jesus pleb
>>
>>17774622
You're just a lamb to a different shepherd, you know this right?
>>
File: HE HATES THESE CANS.png (411KB, 504x676px) Image search: [Google]
HE HATES THESE CANS.png
411KB, 504x676px
>>17772441
what about the Fermi paradox? If there are other civs out there, why aren't the heavens flooded with their radio transmissions?
>>
File: 1463782662812.jpg (57KB, 600x532px) Image search: [Google]
1463782662812.jpg
57KB, 600x532px
>>17774063
>
>>
>>17774588
I also saw one and it looked more like a spirit. The UFOs which look like flying saucers are always from the government's air force.
>>
>>17773853
>>17773859
I can't be bothered teaching an idiot
>>
>>17774639
U make no sense and your bible thumping is weak as fuck
Keep believing in Jesus moron. It's what the government wants
>>
>>17774677
Literally you've switched your focus so much in this thread it become pointless

Aliens don't exist and now they do wtf man
>>
>>17772368
If you want the truth about aliens, have sex with one in your mind or masturbate to the thought of having sex with an alien however that might look.
It will let your mind embrace the idea of what aliens represent in the mind and you will know the truth.
>>
>>17774784
Spirit =/= little grey ayy
>>
>>17772441
This
>>17772368
Saying they don't exist is too far. Saying there are none left on the other hand is believable. I wouldn't be surprised if we found ancient remains on Mars.
>>
File: 220px-Ottosdal1[1].jpg (13KB, 220x184px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ottosdal1[1].jpg
13KB, 220x184px
Here's something interesting. Ok so currently, we are in the process of terriforming mars. Now look at the image. That is a klerksdorp sphere found in south africa. It is a metallic sphere that looks like it's been manufactured (look at the precision) that has been carbon dated to be around 3 billion years old and the thing is, inside that sphere are seeds. So it makes you ask, was earth at one point just like mars and if so, don't you think that an advanced civilization did the same thing to our own planet?
>>
>>17774917
They're concretions you fucking retard. Geologists have proven this.

Debunked and done with dozens of times over.
>>
>>17774917
>look at the precision

No precision what so ever.
100% natural.
>>
>>17772485
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ
This debunks more than half of the stuff you mention.
>>
>>17774654
How do you know they know about radios, let alone radio signals?..
We have tons of questions, and not a lot of answers. I'd say no answers.
>>
File: PumaH[1].jpg (64KB, 733x489px) Image search: [Google]
PumaH[1].jpg
64KB, 733x489px
>>17775377
I can understand why you want to believe what mainstream says. If there was just a couple of weird instances, it means nothing. However, there are hundreds if not thousands of circumstantial instances just like those that I mentioned and the evidence is continuing to build up to this day so that means something. Let me give u an example.

Puma Punku. This is an image of one of the H blocks that is found on the site.
1. The very intricate precise cuts and the smoothness of the stone. Ancient tools like other stones and chisels are never that precise and don't produce a smooth result. If you look at other ancient civilizations thousands of miles away like the Egyptians, the process, the smoothness, the precision, and the result is the same. You would've had to have modern if not more advanced technology in the ancient past to make that happen. Who had that capability?
2. The stones came from a quarry about 60 miles away. Now Puma Punku is above the tree line which means that at a certain elevation is when trees don't grow. So the theory of wooden rollers fall by the wayside, out of the equation. So if there weren't any wooden rollers, how did the stones get from the quarry 60 miles away to the site? You would've had to use some kind of levitation device to make that work especially with how much those stones weigh.
3. The stone sites in puma punku and just about every other ancient civilization is still standing. In modern times, if every person on the earth is gone, it would take a couple of hundred of years for every building like skyscrapers to fall. These sites were built thousands of years ago and they're still standing. Don't you think that the ancient people had some help from advanced intelligent beings to make all that happen?

Now when it comes aliens creating the human species, I strongly suggest you please read the Sumerian tablets. If you believe the Bible as factual, then the Sumerian tablets should be factual too.
>>
File: 1464663500201.jpg (32KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1464663500201.jpg
32KB, 560x560px
>>17772368
I'd say you're pretty ignorant.
>>
>>17772368
You've heard of the fermi paradox? A equation that is evidence of other planets having intelligent life. If there is one planet with intelligent life (Cough cough, Earth), then there must be another planet with intelligent life. Google it.
>>
>>17775646
+1
>>
File: 1464527193353.gif (954KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1464527193353.gif
954KB, 400x225px
>>17774654
It's called the great silence. Just because there are most likely other civs out there, doesn't mean they have the tech to communicate, interstellar wise. If they are able to communicate, chances are we won't get a message for a while, even though there's some signs pointing out that we've been contacted before.
>>
File: 1464628437691.jpg (21KB, 350x346px) Image search: [Google]
1464628437691.jpg
21KB, 350x346px
>>17774787
.........Wat????????????
>>
>>17775646
Jesus fucking christ. People like you shouldn't be allowed to breed.

How many times do you need to be told how great structures were build in ancient times before you pay attention?

Why is it you think so little of man to give them absolutely no credit? Ancient people were incredibly inventive and in many ways their abilities far outshone our own modern ways where we rely on technology to do everything for us.

But no, aliens, of course.

All it takes is some basic google to put you to bed.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/11/131106-how-ancient-people-moved-huge-structures-archaeology/
>>
>>17775646
>>17775694

I mean, I suppose all the European castles built during the medieval period were built by aliens too.
>>
>>17775694
No need to get personal. You ask the questions. I'm just providing the evidence. The mainstream world is hiding all these ancient text documents that they don't want you or anybody else to know, find, and read. Same goes with them blocking off all of these unknown ancient sites as well like the pyramids in china. Why is that? Because the hidden truth conflicts with religion. All of that I've listed is just pieces of the puzzle. The circumstantial evidence is stacking up and is continuing to. The hidden truth is slowly coming into light.

Now if you want to, I suggest you take a look at Chapter 6 of the Sumerian tablets.
https://sites.google.com/site/wordsofenki/sumerian-tablets-translations/6---the-sixth-tablet
You make up your own mind. You have your opinions, I have mines.
>>
>>17775901
Sorry, you're right, I shouldn't get personal. It's just frustrating when dealing with this kind of garbage.

You're talking about providing evidence and yet you haven't provided a single piece. All you've done is shown us the same old nonsense that's been disproved time and time and time again.

This is nonsense and people like you are legitimately dangerous to society if you insist on trying to spread this crap around.

There are people who are gullible and foolish and they make themselves perfect targets for this insidious poisoning of the mind. You are proof of that.

Balderdash and poppycock I say, poppycock to you sir! You are entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to spread your opinion around like a dog with worms rubbing it's arse hole on my new carpet.
>>
File: mayan-carving-tablet.jpg (88KB, 600x352px) Image search: [Google]
mayan-carving-tablet.jpg
88KB, 600x352px
>>17775694
I'm always surprised with this ancient aliens debates.

In one side you have the ancient aliens crowd that thinks that natives can't do masonry or advanced chemistry, less alone build cranks and levers.

And on the other side you have this defenders of the ancient intelligence that fails to see the implications of said intelligence.

If this people who you believe were capable of wonderful technological advances, and you trust their capacity and intelligence, you have to trust their words and description of events, if they describe bombs and flying machines you have to assume that they have enough knowledge to know what they are talking about, and had the resources and determination to protect this knowledge, so we can read about it now.

There's many mysteries about ancient humans, many unexplained events and constructions.

Personally I believe that the amount of knowledge that we lost, over the thousands of years of human development greatly surpass the amount of knowledge that we have today.

Maybe aliens did visit us, in 200.000 years anything can happen, maybe the indian texts or the Mayan codex actually describe machines used for interstellar travel, contacted by them or by another civilization.

They did a lot of things, meeting with another intelligent cultures could have been one of them.

But dismiss those claims on the base that we have exactly what they did or were capable of doing, it's short sighted to say the least.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 960x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 960x464px
>>17772368
I would simply consider this another one of your shitposts.
>>
>>17775937
It comes down to proof.

We have proof of those cranks and levers.

Yet we know these are people who believed in Ra and Osiris, thought the world was made from clay, and worshipped a man who was nailed to a cross while they made great cathedrals to honour him.

There's a huge difference between believing and respecting somebody's ability to engineer and build things and believing and respecting their opinions about meaning-of-life or faith issues.

We have the documentation and archaeological proof of their ability to build amazing masonry, using cranks and levers to haul tonnes of stone miles across sand or construct 50 foot thick castle walls out of blocks of stone that fit perfectly together.

We have no proof of their reports of aliens or bombs and flying machines. Even the ancients loved a fictional story to tell around the fire at night.

I'm not saying aliens didn't visit us (thought I don't believe they did), I'm not even saying aliens aren't amongst us right now (thought I don't believe they are).

All I'm saying is give the ancient people credit where it's due, don't assume they were incapable morons.

It must always, always come down to proof. Otherwise it's nothing but conjecture, and conjecture is absolutely 100% useless.
>>
>>17775921
>not entitled to spread your opinion
>gives his opinion on who should and shouldn't procreate based on openness of the mind

Are you a christian? Or like one of those freaky jehovas witnesses?
Read your own bible
"One shall not press the word of God on one who does not wish to accept it"

Now, this is an open minded thread for open minded people

How the fuck did they get roller logs in Egypt and, as said before, above the tree line?

Don't you think if they had the resources to use wooden rollers they'd just fucking build with the wood?
>>
>>17773858
Is that Xeno? I thought that faggot killed himself?

Whatever, an insufferable tripfag is just as bad as another.

KILL YOURSELF, AEILIAN. NO ONE LIKES YOU, YOU MISERABLE, AUTISTIC FAGGOT.
>>
If God exists, he may be a powerful being from another dimension or another life form. sort of an ancient immortal entity that controls this universe perhaps?
>>
>>17776142
Okay first of all no I'm not a christian, far from it. What on earth would give you that impression? Don't bother actually answering.

Secondly you do realise that the Egyptians had a thriving trade empire and used wood for a lot of different things, right? They made their ships and chariots and a lot of their buildings and piers and furniture and fucking LOADS of things from wood.

They got their wood from local sources (there is wood growing in Egypt for fuck's sake) but a lot of it was traded from other African countries.

There's a shit tonne of documentation of cedar wood being traded around Egypt and Phonecia. This is common sense without even looking for any evidence but whatever, here's what the very first google search came up with.

http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/timelines/topics/wood.htm

As for moving stone. The latest thinking is that they didn't use rollers at all, but simply wet the sand and used sleds to drag the stones about.
Oh look another google search.

http://www.livescience.com/45285-how-egyptians-moved-pyramid-stones.html

Seriously. This is ridiculous. The only sensible thing you've said is
>One shall not press the word of God on one who does not wish to accept it

Yeah you're completely right about that.

I give up, I don't know why I bother to speak with people like you. It's seriously frustrating to know there are such ignorant people around.

Yeah aliens. I'm done here now. I know when to stop beating my head against a brick wall.
I'd wish you good luck but frankly I'd be being insincere.
>>
>>17776110
Conjecture it's not useless at all.

Most remarkable discoveries come from conjectures and wild guesses.

Nobody have never seen a neutron by the time they were theorized.

I don't understand this modern inquisition that pretend to put a stop to human imagination, do you actually believe in the atheist cruzade against religion?

I'm not a religious person but I do hold some spirituals beliefs that have no holds in the material world, should I stop them?

This stories, this interpretation of events, serve the magnificent purpose of expanding the limits of human imagination, if someone capable and stubborn enough can imagine the possiblity of space travel, he one day will be able to make it reality.

I know I'm not capable of discovering a method of traveling between the stars, but if I can keep the myth of space travel for a little longer, maybe I can stir the imagination of a little kid who can, in the right direction.

If we stop to talk about this things, if we stop to believe in this myths, we will stop our own capacity for wonder.

When I see the ruins of temples, of forgotten Gods, I can almost trace the path of rationality that stoped their relevance.

We have stoped to believe in many things and we look back sometimes with sadness for a path that didn't lead us to progress or to a brighter future, but instead it leads to isolation and lack of hope.

If we stop to watch the stars waiting for a message, we may stop watching the stars at all.
>>
>>17776211
Changing tactic I see.

Again you are selling mankind so short, it really is a shame.

You think that removal of spiritualistic and religious beliefs would hamstring our awe and ability to take pleasure in the universe. You're sadly mistaken.

I genuinely pity people who need faith, religion, belief in magic, supernatural, mediums, ghosts or goblins to find any sort of beauty in the world.

I have no statistical support here but I'd be willing to bet that 99% of the people responsible for our pushing into space are not spiritual people, they are atheists who have a passion and appreciation for the wonder of the universe.

You think that without spiritualism we would have no imagination?

>if we stop believe in this myths, we will stop our own capacity for wonder.

This is so immeasurably wrong.
Face it, you have absolutely no faith in humanity. You think we are utterly useless.

I admire your idealism, but hate the subject of your idealism, for it's exactly what held humanity back for centuries and centuries.
>>
File: 1465186572557.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1465186572557.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>17773794
>mfw a non-believer attacks me in person or online
Believe or don't believe what you like, God loves us all. I believe in you my friend and I'll pray for you
>>
>>17776211
You think Stephen Hawkings or Brian Cox have no capacity for wonder?
>>
>>17775646
>The very intricate precise cuts and the smoothness of the stone.
Have you looked at that picture? no, REALLY fucking looked? Take the left hand, outer edge doorway, for example. You can see, just with the naked eye, about 1/3 of the way down from the top has a slight change in angle. The erosion damage makes a slight optical illusion, where your brain tries to fill in a straight line over the missing eroded piece, but if you enlarge the picture and put a straight ruler up to the screen, you can see for yourself that the edge is far from "perfect" or "precise". The top 1/3 is angled slightly to the right (when going down). Hell, just take a protractor to the upper left corner, you can see it is a few degrees off from being a right angle (right angle is exactly 90 degrees, btw).

At the 1/3 point, it tries to be subtle in it's correction, but is made more apparent after the erosion damage. After all, the first parts damaged from erosion will be locations that stick out more from the uniform structure (hence whe the corners and edges go first).

Then you get to the bottom of that outer left edge, and see it has corrected yet again, since the other correction didn't perfectly straighten it out (or vice versa, if it was carved bottom to top instead). You can see, especially in that last bit, that it over-corrects toward the right again.

Seriously, enlarge the image, grab a rule and/or protractor and put it up to the screen and see for yourself.
>2. The stones came from a quarry about 60 miles away. Now Puma Punku is above the tree line which means that at a certain elevation is when trees don't grow. So the theory of wooden rollers fall by the wayside,
Right, because it's impossible to get the trees from lower elevations. The universe doesn't allow imports. By your 'logic', they never would have access to any wood, at all, ever. period.
>>
>>17776229
It didn't held us back.

It lead us to what we are today.

Faith, religion, belief in magic, supernatural, mediums, ghosts and goblins, were avaible for the people that choose not to believe in them.

They have this vast resources of imagination, that were made avaible to them by people that are now beign shut down.

How many religions will dissapear this year, how many temples will end in ruins.

I'm not selling humanity short, I'm saying that all belief matter.

There's better and worst belief, cause in practice some people can't find no use to some scientific beliefs, they can use the technology, but the belief itself makes their lifes worst not better.

The inuit paradigm if you tell him about God he will go to hell, why did you tell him then.

I live in a south american country and western belief don't improve our spiritual existance at all, lots of us go back to old belief that are considered primitive like animism, because they make our life richer.

Didn't you noticed how much people liked this ancient aliens theories?

They made their cultures magical, improved tourism, and the curiosity about ancient cultures.

In people that didn't had that curiosity to begin with.
>>
>>17776278
Okay we're done. This is pointless. Thanks for your time I enjoyed talking to you believe it or not.

Now I genuinely do wish you good luck, because you're not a bad person.

We have to agree to disagree. Sorry if I offended you at all.
>>
>>17776300
I'm not the anon you were talking to, but I was one of the religious anons in this thread last night. I mentioned how it was one of the most civil threads considering religion was a part of it . I appreciate being able to discuss things without us saying "muh fedora" and you saying "muh sky wizard".
>>
>>17776300
Not at all.

I'm not anti science or anything, but there's a line that looks blurry to me, when I can notice that people doesn't always search for what they need.

And the answers given to you, even if they are the correct answers sometimes make everything worse.

I can understand the desire for absolute truth.

But sometimes you break something that cannot be fixed.

And science doesn't respond for the losses.

Ethics aren't there to hold science back, are there to safeguard things that are to fragile to sustain themselves.

That's the problem with magic.

It dissapears if you gaze at it to hard.
>>
>>17772368
_{\_ alien:_[\_ creature of like-smartness of human of standing on two legs and of ain't of a machine/equipment/item/tool so of ain't of children of a human _/]_ and and or alien:_[\_ a human of living of other than of causing of proof /evidence/obviousness of human of causing of happening/occurrence/event of human of living _/]_:-_/}_:-_
>>
>>17775937
>Personally I believe that the amount of knowledge that we lost, over the thousands of years of human development greatly surpass the amount of knowledge that we have today.
Ah yes, the burning of the library of Alexandria. Containing all the information of the ancient world up till that point just to have it all disappear. Who knows what secrets those texts could've had?
>>17776253
>Right, because it's impossible to get the trees from lower elevations. The universe doesn't allow imports. By your 'logic', they never would have access to any wood, at all, ever. period.
How do you think the stones got there when there are no trees around for hundreds of miles?
>>
>>17776425
Oh almost forgot.
https://sites.google.com/site/wordsofenki/sumerian-tablets-translations/6---the-sixth-tablet
6th chapter of the Sumerian tablets. The biggest evidence of ancient aliens out there. Predates the bible BTW. Does what is contained in the 6th chapter sound familiar to anyone?
>>
Icant stay on here for ever can we moot?
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 206x245px
They will never get it, even when the saucers are flying overhead.
>>
Atheist sceptic side votes moot.
>>
>>17772368
what if I told you that nothing we do will matter and everything we love and care for will be lost in the sands of time like tears in the rain
>>
hey guys whats going on in this thread?

im an alien, dont freak out
>>
File: MaraSovTTK.jpg (279KB, 873x755px) Image search: [Google]
MaraSovTTK.jpg
279KB, 873x755px
>>17776507
I too am experiencing an existential crisis. My boss asks my why I'm late and I tell her that there's more to life than this and that one day we will all be dead along with anyone we care about. Enjoy it while you can and don't punish people, making there pointless life harder, for being 20 minutes late every day.

It surprisingly worked and as long as I stay late for the time I was late, they don't care.
>>
Everything matters!

fight for what you you belirve in!
>>
File: jodo.jpg (26KB, 555x601px) Image search: [Google]
jodo.jpg
26KB, 555x601px
>>17775546
>>17775676
even with the great numbers we're talking about here, at least some of them must have discovered radio

there should be a bumper crop of signals we could grab out of the air, but the searches have been disappointing

like the man said, either we are alone in the universe, or we are not - either way is terrifying
>>
>>17776425
>How do you think the stones got there when there are no trees around for hundreds of miles?
THEY IMPORTED WOOD YOU FUCKING TARD
this anon even pointed that out already >>17776178

Look at a map. There's plenty of forests to the south in Sudan. There's even a conveniently placed river (which runs from south to north even) to make transport easier. But no, they couldn't possibly used boats to trade and transport things via the river, because reasons. Had to have been aliens!
>>
>>17776753
I hate to rain on your parade but recent carbon dating shows that the time the stones were quarried was around 17,000 years ago putting Puma Punku up with Gobekli Tepe in Turkey as being the oldest archeological sites ever found. So how can the natives of Puma Punku and Tiahuanaco be in contact with other civilizations when Puma Punku was made 17,000 years ago? And another question, how long do you think that humans have been on the planet earth?

Oh and BTW, something to look into. At Tiahuanaco, there are walls with faces depicting all of the races on the planet carved into it. And Tiuhuanaco was built in the same time period as Puma Punku.
>>
>>17776452
Amen.
>>
>>17776881
>I hate to rain on your parade but recent carbon dating shows that the time the stones were quarried was around 17,000 years ago
Citation needed, because last I heard, carbon dating put the construction of the Puma Punku complex at around 500-600 AD, so about 1,500 years ago. So you seem to be off by about 14,500 years.
>how long do you think that humans have been on planet earth?
>And Tiuhuanaco was built in the same time period as Puma Punku.
Actually, the area was inhabited as early as 1,500 BC, and was at it's peak between 300 BC - 300 AD.

As for the faces, so what? There are quite a few unique ones, but they all look pretty human to me for the most part. Is everyone of a single race supposed to have the exact same face?

double check your facts, and also, nice job avoiding how I pointed out how imperfect the "perfect" lines really are.
>>
>>17776944
skipped one
>how long do you think that humans have been on planet earth?
about 200,000 years. The agricultural revolution started about 10,000 BC, which would kick off our ability to start forming civilizations as we know it.
>>
>>17772387
What do you mean?
>>
>people actually believe that out of the entire cosmos life only exists on earth
>people actually believe that the most common elements and molecules in the universe can only lead to life once, because life is magic pixie dust
>>
>>17776452

>photo blurry
LOL POTATO
>photo good
LOL FAEK AND GHEY

Even if they trotted out aliums live on TV at the UN, people would just say it was project blue beam CGI or some shit.

Fuck man I've seen dudes testify that they've seen UFOs and still can't belive that they did, even here on /x/.
>>
>>17776944
1. Mainstream scientists are always wrong cause they don't want the hidden truth to be revealed. As far as Puma Punku's age goes, you might wanna read this.
https://www.forbiddenhistory.info/?q=node/41
Also the some of the stones at Tiahuanaco and Puma Punku indicate that there was a huge global cataclysm that wiped the area out. Maybe the great flood? Atomic war?
http://www.atlantisquest.com/prehistcity.html
2. The faces depict the faces of every race of humans on earth (ones with big lips, thin lips, big ears, small ears, etc...) including some greys.
>>17776946
Humans have been on this planet a lot longer than you and most others might think. Here's evidence.
http://www.ancient-code.com/290-million-year-old-human-footprint-has-researchers-scratching-their-heads/
Just remember that there are thousands of circumstantial evidence and it's continuing to increase. This happens to be the main one.
The 6th chapter of the Sumerian Tablets. Read it and then tell me if it sounds familiar to you.
>>
File: 220px-Sumeriankinglist[1].jpg (43KB, 220x405px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Sumeriankinglist[1].jpg
43KB, 220x405px
>>17776999
Almost forgot. The Sumerian King List transcribed.The Sumerian King List is an ancient manuscript originally recorded in the Sumerian language, listing kings of Sumer (ancient southern Iraq) from Sumerian and neighboring dynasties, their supposed reign lengths, and the locations of kingship.
http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/section2/tr211.htm
>>
>>17776704
>there should be a bumper crop of signals we could grab out of the air, but the searches have been disappointing

>implying a comprehensive survey has been conducted
>>
File: cherish.png (126KB, 388x395px) Image search: [Google]
cherish.png
126KB, 388x395px
>>17776507

Science is starting to catch up to the latent spirituality of human history; it is now popsci to talk about reality as a simulation or elaborate game, that reality is nothing more than an illusion and that there is no objective reality. Schroedinger's equation spelled this out nearly a century ago and caused a century of wasted science when realists tried their hardest to make this insight go away.

We are simulated, the ETs are also simulated. We are all players in an elaborate game of consciousness experiencing itself. We are all one entity.
>>
File: anniversary.png (1MB, 917x749px) Image search: [Google]
anniversary.png
1MB, 917x749px
>>17772368
only aliums from outta space
>>
File: 2003SouthPoleMarker_lg.gif (114KB, 451x415px) Image search: [Google]
2003SouthPoleMarker_lg.gif
114KB, 451x415px
>>17772441
>We have billions of galaxies with billions of stars per galaxy

No we likely don't
>>
>>17776999
>Mainstream scientists are always wrong cause they don't want the hidden truth to be revealed.
This is fucking retarded. I checked your links, they are basically copy/pasted of each other (as well as one of the "citations" for the forbidden history site) and give no concrete evidence. Radio carbon dating is solid evidence. They SAY several times that it was a port city, but don't give any clear indication that it was. It's not like the area couldn't have been a shore some 100 million years ago, and people made a city there long after (sarcasm alert)
As for the animals depicted, it's easier to think that the extinct ones lasted longer than we thought, or they could have extrapolated from bones found, or maybe some of the people had traveled to other places that still had them and saw them. on top of that, archeoastronomy isn't a very reliable method of dating, seeing how so many variables can throw off the calculations. A single strong earthquake shifting things by just a few inches could throw off such calculations by thousands of years. I'm going to stick with the carbon dating results, which have been shown to be repeatable, accurate, and reliable.
>Also the some of the stones at Tiahuanaco and Puma Punku indicate that there was a huge global cataclysm that wiped the area out
citation. HOW do they show that?
>The faces depict the faces of every race of humans on earth (ones with big lips, thin lips, big ears, small ears, etc...) including some greys.
Right, because only africans can have big lips, etc. You don't get out and see very many people, do you? The differences and variation within a single race are vast.
>Humans have been on this planet a lot longer than you and most others might think. Here's evidence.
I see the article assert the footprint's age, yet no source or citation as to the methodology used to determine that. It simply states the age, then goes on a rant about how history is wrong.
>cont'd
>>
>>17776999
>https://sites.google.com/site/wordsofenki/sumerian-tablets-translations/6---the-sixth-tablet
>The 6th chapter of the Sumerian Tablets. Read it and then tell me if it sounds familiar to you.
Yes, looks like the work of a hack. I'm familiar with Sitchin, and he takes a LOT of "creative liberty" with his so-called translations. Please have a look at a more accurately translated version of that story from the University of Oxford
http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/etcsl.cgi?text=t.1.1.2#
compare and see. Yes, I get you are hinting at the similarities with Genesis. There are. The sumerian writings came first, and Genesis is a blatant plagiarism. there's about 1,000-2,000 years between the writings of the two. If I rewrote a fictional work from 1,000 AD, would that make it any more factual?
>>
>>17777080
Did you also happen to take a look at the sumerian king list?
>>
>>17773794
>yfw atheists
>>
>>17777102
Yeah, so what? The bible makes claims of people living 500-1000 years at some points. It looks like Moses just toned it down a bit in those regards when he was ripping it off.

I can go outside and carve into a rock "King Anonymous of Fortune lived for 50,000 years".

As for flood references, it's likely there was massive flooding at one point in our history, possibly from the ending of the ice age. The knowledge of this "great flood" could have been passed down orally until it was written down. At that point though, it's like playing the telephone game with thousands upon thousands, if not millions, of people. The story you get at the end isn't likely to be the same as what you started with. I'm sure the flooding of a large region could easily seem like the entire world to people at the time. The region/country they were in basically WAS their whole world.
>>
File: 1462385502587.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462385502587.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>17775937
>that pic
>>
>>17776979
I don't think we're alone. But its pretty clear that its an incredibly rare occurrence. And even then animal life to evolve. And then that animal life to become intelligent in a similar enough way as humans. It is almost certainly ridiculously rare. There might not even be another race like us in this galaxy.
>>
>>17773794
>People need to stop believing
and you should jump from a building

protip: do it and you'll meet your hero Satan
>>
>>17774670
>Lots of people have a story about a common natural disaster.
>This somehow proves Ancient Aliens or God or Young Earth or whatever the topic of the day is.

Notice how the stories get less similar the further away from Isreal you get. I wonder why that is. It couldn't be because people communicate and corrupt stories could it?

I also like how it automatically presumes the biblical account should be the control. That couldn't be a corruption of the Babylonian myth could it? no not at all...
>>
>>17777978
>the stories get less similar the further away from Isreal you get
Not really.
>>
>>17772368
>What if I told you that aliens do not exist?
I'd believe you.
http://pastebin.com/06FEw0gZ
>>
aliens do exist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX5pHf99F9w
otherwise we wouldn't be so different from other species
>>
File: Migration map.jpg (73KB, 736x426px) Image search: [Google]
Migration map.jpg
73KB, 736x426px
>>17778047
Yes really. Maybe not if you cherry pick it. But the ones most similar are close and the ones less similar are further away.
>>
>>17778210
We aren't so different from other species. Its because your brain is programmed to recognize other humans, it warps your perception.
>>
>>17778318
We are three centered beings like others all over our great Megalocosmos, except we live in a dark corner far from the source.
>>
>>17772368
I'd say that's an awfully bold assumption to make, to think you have such omniscience to know that of all the stars in a single galaxy alone, ours alone is orbited by a planet that can support life.

(Hey, you only said aliens, not that they've come here.)
>>
File: much-to-learn.png (199KB, 700x672px) Image search: [Google]
much-to-learn.png
199KB, 700x672px
Life on other planets will be detected by the year 2020 as early as the year 2017.

Prepare your anuses.
>>
>>17778273
Not really.
>>
>>17772368
It's not outside of the realm of possibilities.
As it's equally likely that our solar system exists with in a bubble. That repeats and kaleidoscopes into the infinite heavens we see in the nightsky.

However, if the universe is comprised of uniquely diverse solar systems and galaxies. I would find your statement to be an impossibility.
>>
>>17772368
>>
>>17772368
What if I told you that space doesn't exist?
>>
>>17773794
>posts on /x/
>>
>>17774917
>Carbon dating works for 3,000,000,000 year old objects.

/sigh/
>>
>>17772368
I'd laugh and you and tell you that with all of the millions distant different galaxy's we have observed with each housing billions of not more stars with each housing maybe a handfull of planets of which some might be capable of carrying life, that is very unlikely

>>17772730
Yeah that chance exists, but it's a lot smaller then the opposite, like, several numbers behind the comma smaller
>>
>>17772694
It's a catholic lie, like most of their "tradition".

It was invented to separate fools from their money, and it worked very well. People paid to get the dearly beloved and departed out of "purgatory" and into heaven ASAP.

It's nowhere in the bible at all.
>>
>>17772737

All papist garbage.

Cleaning up after you is a full time fucking job. There's devil worshipers here know more about Jesus than you do.
>>
>>17774636
Jesus is God.
>>
>>17777134
Here's something to take in. The Sumerian writing (Cuneiform) is the earliest well known writing system in human civilization so they ain't joking around when the Sumerians wrote this. Let's take a close look at this.
After the kingship descended from heaven, the kingship was in Eridug. In Eridug, Alulim became king; he ruled for 28800 years. Alaljar ruled for 36000 years. 2 kings; they ruled for 64800 years. Then Eridug fell and the kingship was taken to Bad-tibira. In Bad-tibira, En-men-lu-ana ruled for 43200 years. En-men-gal-ana ruled for 28800 years. Dumuzid, the shepherd, ruled for 36000 years. 3 kings; they ruled for 108000 years. Then Bad-tibira fell (?) and the kingship was taken to Larag. In Larag, En-sipad-zid-ana ruled for 28800 years. 1 king; he ruled for 28800 years. Then Larag fell (?) and the kingship was taken to Zimbir. In Zimbir, En-men-dur-ana became king; he ruled for 21000 years. 1 king; he ruled for 21000 years. Then Zimbir fell (?) and the kingship was taken to Curuppag. In Curuppag, Ubara-Tutu became king; he ruled for 18600 years. 1 king; he ruled for 18600 years. In 5 cities 8 kings; they ruled for 241200 years. Then the flood swept over.
And after that, the reigns of all future kings shortened significantly to most of the time a couple hundred years . The longest reign after the flood was Etana's 1,500 years. As dynasty's go by, the reign length continued to drop to only a couple of decades.
This brings up a couple of questions.
1. Most modern humans can't live up to 100 years. How is it possible for humans in the ancient past reign and live for tens of thousands of years?
2. We know that a flood happened. Specifically, what was it about the flood that caused the significant drop in human lifespan in the ancient past?
>>
>>17777134
The world was different before the Flood, and men did live longer. And the Flood caused the ice age, as it wasn't just a rain event, but the eruption of all of the fountains of the deep. Volcanoes.

The earth must have had volcano dust over it for years, and of course the poles would have been covered with water as it is a global event.
>>
>>17779372
Are the years days?
>>
>>17779387
Nope, the Sumerian calendar divided a year into 12 months of 29 or 30 days. So years means years, not days.
>>
>>17777945

Nothing is rare in the universe.
>>
>METEORITE YIELDS EVIDENCE OF PRIMITIVE LIFE ON EARLY MARS

http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/snc/nasa1.html

The cosmos is swarming with life.
>>
>>17779442
>Literally all life is on planet earth.

>swarming, says Anon
>>
>>17779442
Do you read your own cites? 1996?

A NASA research team of scientists at the Johnson Space Center (JSC), Houston, TX, and at Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, has found evidence that strongly suggests primitive life may have existed on Mars more than 3.6 billion years ago.

>Having the truth makes spotting these lies so easy. So, so easy.
>>
>>17779459

What's your point? Life existed on Mars, probably exists elsewhere. The Oort cloud is full of water, carbohydrates, amino acids and hydrocarbons.
>>
>>17779364
nice bait
>>
>>17779372
>The Sumerian writing (Cuneiform) is the earliest well known writing system in human civilization so they ain't joking around when the Sumerians wrote this.
RIGHT. Being the first written language automatically means everything written in it is absolute, 100% truth, because reasons? How does that make sense? Why would that be the case? What is it that prevents them from writing down fictional stories just because it's old?
>blah blah blah king lineage
That's nice, thanks for copying a bunch of shit I already read. The sumerian tablets are interesting stories, to be sure, but unless there is some sort of archeological evidence that can corroborate such wild claims, there is no reason to take it seriously.
>1. Most modern humans can't live up to 100 years. How is it possible for humans in the ancient past reign and live for tens of thousands of years?
You're just assuming they did. I'm almost tempted to write "I have a bridge to sell you" in cuneiform, since you are so ready to believe wild things just based on that.
>2. We know that a flood happened
Yeah, it's called the end of the Ice age. It didn't flood the entire world, just large regions. For people who hadn't been to (or even known about) the farthest reaches of the earth, I'm sure it certainly seemed like it was a worldwide thing. But the time between the flood and when it was written down was a LONG fucking time, which means knowledge of it was passed along orally for who knows how long. Have you ever heard of the telephone game? By the time it got written down, it had been exaggerated and blown out of proportion, and at some point shoehorned into their creation myths.
>What was it about the flood that caused the significant drop in human lifespan in the ancient past?
First, how about some evidence that human lifespan was actually that long? Second, correlation doesn't equal causation. Third, you're fucking gullible.
>>
>>17779376
>The world was different before the Flood, and men did live longer.
Nice assertion. Do you have anything besides some dusty old story of dubious credibility to back that up?
>And the Flood caused the ice age,
You've got it backwards
>as it wasn't just a rain event, but the eruption of all the fountains of the deep.
Right. because some stories say so. Did you know there's a train station in Britain, where you can walk through the wall between platforms 9 and 10, which will take you to the SECRET platforms in between? And if you board the train at platform 9 3/4, it will take you to a special school that teaches you how to be a wizard. It's true, I read it in a book once.

I find it funny how you just completely ignored the fact that you were completely buying into a blatantly false translation of the sumerian tablets. Shitchin (no, I meant to spell it that way) added entire passages that aren't anywhere in the originals, as well as deliberately mistranslated words to support the context he WANTED it to have. And when I pointed out the actual translations, you got awfully silent about the subject and moved on as if your previous points were still valid.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at how ridiculous this is.
>>
>>17780039
>You're just assuming they did. I'm almost tempted to write "I have a bridge to sell you" in cuneiform, since you are so ready to believe wild things just based on that.
Do you even know how to read cuneiform?
>First, how about some evidence that human lifespan was actually that long?
You just said that the bible makes claims of people living 500-1000 years. Do you believe the bible as factual?
>>
>>17780071
>Do you even know how to read cuneiform?
That was sarcasm. Come on. You missed the point.
>Do you believe the bible as factual?
Hell no. If the bible were factual, the earth would only be maybe 10,000 years old at the most according to it's alleged genealogy. I was using that as an example of ridiculous, unrealistic claims made by stories. I also mentioned how Genesis is blatant plagiarism of the Sumerian stories, and how the lifespan claim was significantly toned down in comparison.
>>
>>17777067
are you actually sped or just trying to act it?
>>
>>17777965
>he says god doesn't exist
>implies they still believe in satan
what are you fuckin stupid?

inb4 samefayg cool funy joke man
>>
File: Derrels-childhood-alien-drawing.jpg (296KB, 2100x1575px) Image search: [Google]
Derrels-childhood-alien-drawing.jpg
296KB, 2100x1575px
I hope so.
>>
You people are silly.

Personally, I read the OP as more of a speculation. As in, what if we WERE the only life in the universe? What would that mean?

Think about it. What if, thousands of years from now, mankind had achieved faster than light travel and spread out across space. We've colonized hundreds of worlds, explored farther than we ever thought possible... but we find nothing. Not a trace of any kind of life whatsoever, not even a microbe.

Did something happen? Was there some great cosmic calamity that we alone somehow survived? Was it a war so complete and all encompassing it erased all traces of itself? Did they all ascend to a higher plane of existence and took their pets with them?

Or maybe it's a sign that it's all a simulation. We're just some other race's digital experiment, and they hadn't coded anything else in for us to find yet. Or we lasted longer than expected, and they're waiting to see what we'll do in the endless emptiness.

I don't think we'd ever really stop trying to figure it out. It'd be so ridiculously implausible for us to be so completely alone. If anything, it'd be a new obsession.

That all consuming question of "are we alone" might instead be replaced with a desperate need to find out "WHY are we alone".

It's interesting to think about, and not something I'd considered before.
>>
>>17772605
Do you know where we are?
>>
File: 422130317_114057.jpg (63KB, 600x772px) Image search: [Google]
422130317_114057.jpg
63KB, 600x772px
More stuff for us I guess.
>>
>>17774699
or you actually knows nothing and in fact the real idiot who pretend knows shit
>>
>>17772376
>knows how they achieved faster than light travel

Lollllll
>>
>>17772376
So... where and how? I'm curious and want to know.
>>
>>17772441
I like you because you didn't directly say, I've seen them, god you're so dumb op. You just used basic common sense.
>>
>>17772368
Earth is the fucking North Korea of space. If you were an alien you wouldn't exactly let the locals know, in my opinion.
>>
>>17772653
You are bait and religion is the cancer of society.
>>
>>17779454
>Literally being retarded
>The post
>>
File: 1445815047405.jpg (44KB, 618x611px) Image search: [Google]
1445815047405.jpg
44KB, 618x611px
>>17772368
I'd say that's statistically unlikely.
>>
>>17779459
>having the truth makes spotting lies so easy
That's called confirmation bias bruh
>>
>>17772404
But how they get a photo of the alien then smart guy?
>>
>>17779436
Yes it fucking is. Even if the universe was infinite and there are an infinite amount of occurrences you can still have a lot less of something than other things. Its about relativity anon.
>>
>>17778496
How?
>>
File: IMAGINE NO RELIGION.jpg (124KB, 790x745px) Image search: [Google]
IMAGINE NO RELIGION.jpg
124KB, 790x745px
>>17784557
>>
>>17784932

ayyy lmao
>>
File: IMG_20160608_220949.jpg (132KB, 658x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160608_220949.jpg
132KB, 658x490px
Ayy lmao
>>
>>17779467
1. No life was found.
2. It was 50 years ago.
3. Life exists nowhere but on earth.
4. There is no Oort cloud.
5. You are an enormous faggot.
>>
>>17780066
Yes, the bible.

I don't believe anything whatsoever from Sitchin.

Your posting style screams autism, which means you have to make a conscious effort to act as though you knew what empathy means.
>>
>>17784718
Yes, the truth confirms itself, and is confirmed by all that is true.
>>
>>17773799
>god
>he
>>
>>17785777
Indeed. Jesus is a man and called His Father "Father", and by His Spirit, I can call God Abba, Father.
>>
>>17775921
>You are entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to spread your opinion around like a dog with worms rubbing it's arse hole on my new carpet.
You just described every religion. But that nonsense is still pushed, and those people then push it upon their children, just an endless cycle of Jesus and magic.
>ayy
>lmao
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 160x160px
>>17774588
>>
>>17785632
>Yes, the bible.
I said "besides some dusty old story of dubious credibility"
>Your posting style screams autism
So you having nothing of value to say, and resort to insults. Cute.
>>
>>17785986
>So you having nothing of value to say, and resort to insults. Cute.
That's what happens when you present cold hard evidence.
>>
>>17787997
This just in: Christians legitimately believe that emotion is a form of logic.
>>
>>17787997
How about you do us all a favor and crucify yourself, you puppet.

Christfags are so indoctrinated it's almost sad. I say almost because I would feel sorry for them if they at least attempted to have an open mind.
>>
>>17779368
>being this retarded
Daily reminder that this is the average /x/ poster
>>
>>17787997
>thinks the bible is cold hard evidence
The same book that says the world is about 6,000 years old, that day and night came before the sun or stars, that plagiarized the epic of gilgamesh, and claims the jews were slaves in egypt. Right lol
>>
>>17772368
I would say its unlikely that intelligent life doesn't exist somewhere in space and statistically improbable that it would ever be able to reach earth.
>>
>ITT people that still think outer space is real
>>
>>17788876
>>
>>17788881
>>
>>17788876
>>17788881
>>17788886
This only works if the stars are way closer than they really are...
>>
File: 1437681322058.jpg (73KB, 528x396px) Image search: [Google]
1437681322058.jpg
73KB, 528x396px
>>17789035

yet the biggest movement we see them do relates to the slowest movement of the earth...

we don't see any evidence of us moving around the sun, we don't see any evidence of us moving around the galaxy, we don't see any evidence of the stars moving in relation to each other

but spinning on it's axis is the apparent cause for the stars to spin around us every day...
>>
>>17772368
I'd say that you're probably wrong.

If you're talking about aliens on Earth, though, I'd say you're almost assuredly right.
>>
>>17772484
>the burden of proof is on me

I was with you up until this point. The positivity of negativity of a claim doesn't matter when it comes to "burden of proof"; YOU made the claim. I have done nothing to provoke your claim, and any further evidence and argument must be provided by you.
>>
>>17779361
>>17779364
>heretic detected
>>
>>17772368
https://soundcloud.com/fecshrooms/a666s
>>
>>17789347
>we
speak for yourself
>>
How about Battle of Los Angeles? As in the real event.
>>
>>17790951
hysteria
>>
>>17784721
kek
>>
File: 20130115_radio_broadcasts_f840.jpg (214KB, 840x840px) Image search: [Google]
20130115_radio_broadcasts_f840.jpg
214KB, 840x840px
>>17776704
radio-waves need ages to travel. and even if someone accidentally gets our signals, who knows if they are able to track it.
>>
>>17792028
And moreover, there's no guarantee our radio signals
have maintained any sort of clarity or strength after
traveling those distances. There's every chance that
by the time they even reach anyone they'll just be
noise that blends in with the cosmic background.
>>
>>17772368
But aliens do exist.
>>
>>17772394
Not even bacteria life on another planets... not even that.

Even bacteria's are creation of God and no product of hazard.
He made life on earth not everywhere.
>>
>>17792028
Wow. NOW I feel small. Thanks for the pic anon.
>>
>>17772396
Yeah, I thought the mustache was a bit too much. Obvious photoshop when you think about it.
>>
>>17772441
How come on your whole entire body, there's only teeth inside your head? There's got to be more teeth in there somewhere, it's just too vast.
>>
>>17795576
Did you try checking your fingers and toes? I hear teeth show up there every so often.
>>
>>17772368
Interdimensional beings do exist

There is something past space you know
>>
Well the idea of us being entirely alone in the universe seems almost impossible.

But if it were to be true then I'd say it's more spooky than aliens existing.
>>
>>17795576
Yeah, and why does hair only grow on your head? It's stupid. It should grow other places too.
>>
>>17772368
well, /sci/ says there must be life elsewhere in the universe even if they don't believe they have visited us, so technically you're wrong
>>
>>17795584
Space is one conglomerate of dimensions and a single parameter of being. There is something beyond space, we are not alone.
>>
>>17795597
>There is something beyond space
Where we're going, we don't need eyes to see...
>>
>>17772368
then we are the ruler of the milky way, even we cant reach every location of it
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.