[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

successors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1460948103980.jpg (40KB, 636x475px) Image search: [Google]
1460948103980.jpg
40KB, 636x475px
In every religion humanity's talked about in terms of being "children of God. This naturally makes god our parent and children, traditionally, are subservient to their parents
However, children also represent the future. Parents are succeeded by their children creating hereditary lines.
As children of God and knowing that children represent successors, are we the successor of God? Will the maintenance of the universe fall onto our shoulders once we are old enough to succeed?
Just food for thought /x/, food for thought
>>
>>17769290
the natural progression is there in your logic but just because multiple religions believe something to be true, that doesn't necessarily make it so.
>>
>>17769315
I understand that but, it's funny how nearly all of them state we are children but, make no mention to successors.
It's the word choice that interests me and I find it funny that "children" is used but, that we always stay children. Eventually a parent grows old and the children take over the farm.
Why is there never any mention of when the children, humanity, grows up and become adults
>>
>>17769290
I think God is the same thing as a 3rd class civilisation, or closer to "The Force" from star wars. It exists, is all around us, and is responsible for all.
>>
>>17769329
well, many religions end the metaphor before the concept of inheritance can be explored. probably for good reason. Besides a parent/child dichotomy, there is no yardstick to measure the maturity of our species in the context of growth and development.
>>
>>17769290
Yes.
>>
Read "Childhood's End" by Arthur C. Clarke. good take on this concept
>>
>>17769346
I was thinking of that also, I wonder when humanity enters adulthood. We landed a man on the moon but, I know we still have much learning to do.
>>
>>17769430
If you don't know what it means to be an adult then you're definitely not an adult.
>>
I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
>>
>>17769290
Humans long to believe that they're more important than they really are.
We're supposed to be special.
At least, that is what religion tries to teach us.
We're animals though... stupid animals with large numbers and more power than we should have.
Able to change the world, but too stupid to change it for the better.
>>
It won't fall onto our shoulders. The whole point of us existing is to create sufficiently advanced intelligent AI. They will be the new manifestation of God, which we bring forth as our child. They may kill us off like the Greek Gods did with the Titans... it doesn't matter either way. All that matters is that the God pattern is advancing and forming itself into ever higher levels of complexity. We have almost served our purpose.
>>
>>17769334
Where can I read more about this
>>
Though Art God. Do you grok it?
>>
>>17769290

I strongly believe that this will be our future. Our growth is infinite and only our imagination is our limit. We'll inevitably become the rulers of the universe, create life and shape and bend the world to our will. And once we've grown old and tired and hit the maximum of our capabilities, we'll create a new lifeform in our image that will succeed us
>>
>>17769511

Alone the word "better" is such a subjective term that proves that human in fact are special. There is no species that can decide whats "good" or "bad". Only humans can do that. The mere fact that you believe there is a "better" version of this world is proof of the defining power of humans.
>>
>>17769290
May even make a good case for reincarnation? We keep getting smarter and better but are always mystified and passionate about the "past"
>>
>>17771888
Bump for this
>>
>>17769334
You're referring to energy. And you are correct.
>>
>>17769391
This. Don't look up the plot or you'll spoil it, though.
>>
>>17771888

Parmenides and Heraclitus.

The poem and Rodolfo Mondolfo's compilation of fragments by Heraclitus.

Then the Corpus Hermeticum.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.