[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enochian Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

I am a student of the occult who has just learned of John Dee. It seems to me that the magical arts taught in the Book of Enoch have been successfully passed on to John Dee through Eliphas Levi to Aleister Crowley all the way to modern day. Am I correct? Who else is in the chain? Ancient Egyptians maybe? Please help me learn about this.
>>
>>
File: Occult Authors John Dee.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Occult Authors John Dee.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
hopefully some anon knows a bit about this...
>>
File: Nenah Cherry BRITS 1990.jpg (147KB, 940x1567px) Image search: [Google]
Nenah Cherry BRITS 1990.jpg
147KB, 940x1567px
Is John Dee and Enochion magick to advanced for /x/???
>>
>>17768914
Anton Szandor LaVey also used the enochian magick.
In the satanic bible there's alot (can't remember the exact amount) of enochian keys
>>
thats actually discouraging...I consider Lavey a joke...
>>
>>17768914
>It seems to me that the magical arts taught in the Book of Enoch have been successfully passed on to John Dee through Eliphas Levi to Aleister Crowley all the way to modern day. Am I correct?

No. Levi had nothing to do with it.

>Ancient Egyptians maybe?

Sort of, but it's a long way back.

>>17769471
>Is John Dee and Enochion magick to advanced for /x/???

Mostly, yes.

>>17769550
>Anton Szandor LaVey also used the enochian magick.

Not really, since he didn't believe in magic. What he did was copy the Golden-Dawn's version of the Enochian keys, cross out the word, "God", in the English, and write in, "Satan", in crayon.

>>17769811

It's all good.
>>
>>17769845
I must admit i did not know he'd copied them from the Golden Dawn!
But as far I know, he did "belive" in magic, but probably in a more psychologial way, that exampel Crowley. But maby I'm wrong, but then I find it weird, that there is both explanations on how to "do magic" and rituals in the satanic bible.

>>17769811
Why do you consider him a joke?
>>
He didnt really believe in a literal Satan. I dont like someone using all of the trappings of satanism for shock value...
>>
>>17770580

But as magic, it at least worked for him. His cheesy charade helped provide hot females to piss on him.

Crowley was a conman too. That's what the Magus does after all, spin the Grand Illusion that creates all this.
>>
Sigh, why are most famous magicians simple perverts? Why does it always boil down to sex?
>>
>>17770614
I know that feel. I hate it.
>>
>>17770607
good points
>>
>>17770617
so true...
>>
>>17770580
I don't see how not believing in Satan makes him a joke. I agree in calling it satanism is kind of a joke, but i perspective, most of(every thing) it stands for is, what the church call the devil/devils domain.
>>
>>17770614
Bescause they can
>>
>>17770607
That's the most true word I've read here all noght!
>>
>>17770702
No because they can't and that's why they need to fool stupid people with lies to get laid.
>>
>>17770867
you know what? go fuck yourself!

Im a high level wizard
>>
I want to learn Enochian Magic. But without the bullshit parts. Is that even possible?
>>
>>17771507
absolutely not good sir
>>
>>17771522
I was told Enochian Magic was very powerful :(
>>
>>17771507

Depends on whether you can find one who knows and whether you can recognize them. Best of luck.
>>
>>17771528
Do you know?
>>
>>17771529

Of course.
>>
>>17770614
Because sex is the Ouroboros come to life.
>>
>>17771570
is that what cern is trying to free...
>>
>>17771525
It is. Thats why you have to go through the bullshit first.
>>
>>17771577
whores
>>
dont bother with western occultism its all crap
>>
>>17771525

It is, in the hands of the right people.
>>
File: Holy-Table-Liber-Chanokh.png (44KB, 442x485px) Image search: [Google]
Holy-Table-Liber-Chanokh.png
44KB, 442x485px
>>17773187
>says the guy who offers no alternatives or reasons for his feelpinion.

>>17771507
>>17771528
There is a rather lot you can do just going through the core materials and manuscripts.

Be weary of Rudd. Also "Book of Angel Magic".

For bare bones 'start here and research harder but take his tangents with a grain of salt' start with Tyson's Enochian Magic for Beginners.
>>
>>17773526
>take his tangents with a grain of salt' start with Tyson's Enochian Magic for Beginners.

Second.

The Enochian Evocation of Dr John Dee, by Geoffrey James, is still pretty good. The best introduction is sadly out of print: Elizabethan Magic, by Robert Turner.

My brother David is my go-to expert, naturally:

http://hermetic.com/jones/

Rowe's overview ain't bad:

http://hermetic.com/norton/enochian.htm

The big problem is praxis. Ritual magic isn't easy, not at this level, and requires in this case some skill and no little knowledge.
>>
>>17770867
Well, LaVey got laid long before he started to "play" with magic...
And magic is about fooling people, it's a psycohologial phenomen, that you need to belive in to make it work. And every big magician/occultis call them what ever, are conmen!
>>
>>17773760
>And magic is about fooling people,

kek

>that you need to belive in to make it work

This too is incorrect.
>>
Enochian magic is about as close to the pure source as it gets really...
>>
And it works reliably from my experience
>>
You must have been a student for like 3 hours
>>
>>17769471
You *just* learned of John Dee and you're going to act snotty? Get the fuck out of here, noob
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.