[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, Give me some ideas for a horror video game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: image.png (1MB, 1280x799px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1280x799px
Hey /x/,
Give me some ideas for a horror video game.
>>
Elaborate.
Are you a programmer? An artist? A writer?
What engine?
>>
>>17767131
Programmer. Engine is Unity3d.
>>
>>17767127
Bright setting, scenes normal and good, after 20minutes the game ends and "you win". audio feedback guides players to find "glitches" that break down the illusion. The more they break it down they see something following them through the cracks, the scene gets darker and depressing, and the "you win" is actually "you are lost" with some mechanic to beat it which ends in "you escaped"
>>
>>17767137
Hey, neat. Fellow programmer here.

There are plenty of horror game ideas that I've come up with over the years. Here's a few I can remember off the top of my head.

1) What would you do if you suddenly woke up one day and realized that your entire life has been a simulated reality, and that you are, in reality, on a spaceship heading towards Andromeda?
You just woke up halfway through the journey due to a system malfunction, and it is your job to figure out what happened. Imagine yourself walking among billions of immobile human bodies, slowly realizing that... you're not the only one awake on the ship.

2) There was a story by Lovecraft about this explorer that went deep into the african deserts to find "the lost city", and he crawls down this massively steep and tiny hole, to find himself inside some sort of cemetery/altar for lizardfolk. That story is fucking nuts, man, and would be an awesome sort of "oh god what the fuck have I uncovered" exploration game.

3) You're a teenager in school (ohboyherewego.jpg) and you discover there is a satanic cult among the teachers of said school. You're forced into the dilemma of either 1) trying to convince your family and friends about this, and being shunned, or 2) risking your life to get evidence. I imagine this as having some light "Visual Novel" aspects (think intro of Firewatch) with some sort of Fatal Frame vibe.

Of course, there's no gameplay theory in play there -- those are just scenarios.

I personally like to think I'm better designer of gameplay mechanics rather than scenarios, but here you go anyways.

Thoughts?
>>
>>17767153
What do you mean by audio feedback? Like, at the win screen player will hear a strange looping noise and it will be louder when they start to get near it which will be a "tear" into another dimension?

>>17767170
1) Decent. You mean something along the lines of dead space's "you're not alone"?

2) Also decent. Remeber the name of the story?

3) Kind of cliche...maybe. Maybe if we switched some variables around such as instead of school it's a small town, and you're not a teen but an adult. Cult part sounds interesting. What kind of cult is it?

I'm shooting for a first person experience ala Outlast.
>>
An open world like gta but with zombies and monster trucks.
>>
>>17767212

1) Sure thing.

2) "The Nameless City" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nameless_City

3) With this scenario in particular, I was going down the route of "the true monsters are ourselves", exposing the weakness of the human psyche. You know -- exploring the subject of why we, as humans, create Gods and whatnot.

Also, github Gooseheaded, if interested.
>>
File: Old Ones - Under the ice.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Old Ones - Under the ice.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
>>17767212
>Indeed, the reptilians still maintain some form of life in a vast, luminous paradise in a cavern beneath the Nameless City, preserved and placed along the walls in a subterranean chamber. Also within this chamber are hieroglyphs and reliefs that tell to the protagonist the story of the city's heyday of prosperity and its fall, as well as their eventual hatred of humanity.
>>
>>17767127
If you go to the archive at plebs, you can read all the ideas from the last few times we've had this thread.

My advice is to understand what horror is. It's the sick, panicky feeling when you realize something horrible is about to happen and you can't do anything about it.

You might develop an NPC and then kill him, which makes the PC feel his in-game mortality. It's that cliche in war movies where the guy who shows you a picture of his sweetheart back home is just about to buy the farm.

Another is resource scarcity. In many settings this is entirely appropriate, too. A military base might be expected to have medical supplies, weapons, and ammo lying all over. A suburban housing development, not so much. Most of the houses would have a medicine cabinet with first aid supplies, sure. But the few houses with guns are liable to have them locked away in gun safes that we can't get into. Maybe we find a pistol on a dead cop. It's a trap, shoot it and all the mutated inhabitants still alive will hear and come running. Twenty shots to divide among four dozen zombies.
>>
Night Driver.

A drive simulator, not unlike European Truck Simulator. You're in a car. It's story driven. It's in "real time" so one hour in game is one hour in real life.

You have to get to a very distant destination. Maps partially randomized. Visibility's poor. Starts off normal. After awhile shit starts getting weird. Occasionally you'll have to hit the breaks for deer or possums crossing the road. Eventually weird shit you can't ID streaks across. The normally random traffic seems to thing out, but sometimes you see people seeming to follow you, not passing when you slow to let them by. There's a radio station but it only picks up a couple of AM stations. One's a crazy old testament preacher raving around the end of the world. The others a conspiracy theory nut. One's a music station if that's what the player prefers. Both of the talking stations start getting crazier and crazier as the night wears on. If the player focuses on the radio eventually he'll pick up pirate radio stations or a numbers station. Outside generally spooky shit happens with increasing frequency. Thick, seemingly sentient fog banks. Strange lights. Strange fires. Monsters. Whatever. Everything and the kitchen sink, but randomized.

The driver isn't allowed to go too slow. At first it just fails the mission, later in the game the followers finally catch up and attack, game over. There are moments when the player needs to drive super fast, but not so often as the police (eventually crazy redneck rapist police?) pull you over. There's an insanity meter that affects your perception and your ability to control the car. Too much damage renders it inoperable. While the player has a GPS map system to the destination, side routes are also possible if the player wants to risk it. It can also lead to deadends and wild goose chases. Sometimes they're broad open highways, sometimes winding forest lanes, sometimes silent suburbia, sometimes abandoned industrial wastes.
>>
>>17767309
>My advice is to understand what horror is. It's the sick, panicky feeling when you realize something horrible is about to happen and you can't do anything about it.

That's a good definition of horror, although I don't think it's the only one. As Lovecraft put it (sorry for bringing him up again, but the guy's a damn good reference.) we're also very scared of things we don't understand. Lightning, fire, weird sounds in the bushes... we tend to assume the worst, because that's how we've learned to survive. Fear of the unknown is hardcoded into our DNA to be the worst kind of fear.

There's also Stephen King's input:
>The 3 types of terror: The Gross-out: the sight of a severed head tumbling down a flight of stairs, it's when the lights go out and something green and slimy splatters against your arm.
>The Horror: the unnatural, spiders the size of bears, the dead waking up and walking around, it's when the lights go out and something with claws grabs you by the arm.
>And the last and worse one: Terror, when you come home and notice everything you own had been taken away and replaced by an exact substitute. It's when the lights go out and you feel something behind you, you hear it, you feel its breath against your ear, but when you turn around, there's nothing there...

This is the sort of shit I'm not peculiarly good at, mostly because I don't have experience, that allows you to come up with good scenarios. I am now ashamed of my scenarios.

Thank you, anon, for making me feel like shit now.
>>
>>17767326
Wow, this sounds legitimately awesome.
Silent Hill Truck Simulator?
>>
>>17767326
>>
>>17767326
that actually sounds fucking good
>>
>>17767336
Actually, my definition is based on King from a different source. To paraphrase, fear is when you see the monster at the other end of the hall, terror is when it charges at you, and horror is when you realize your feet are glued to the floor.

Don't feel bad. Experience comes from failing many times.

>>17767341
>>17767363
>>17767390
I agree. This needs to be made.
>>
>>17767326
OP here. I'll try this.
>>
File: 1445855679903.jpg (206KB, 1000x712px) Image search: [Google]
1445855679903.jpg
206KB, 1000x712px
>>17767496
>giiiiiiit
>huuub
>>
>>17767326
you are a true genious
>>
>>17767584
I can probably come up with more. I just ran into the character limit.
>>
>>17767526
Don't have one, but you can check /agdg/ threads on >>>/vg/. I'll post progress under MapleDev name from time to time. I will also be hanging out in the IRC channel mentioned usually in OP of those threads.

>>17767609
It's a very good starting point, anon. How did you come up with this idea?
>>
>>17767640
Not him, but there's a pretentious video game called glitchhikers http://glitchhikers.com that uses a similar mechanism.
>>
>>17767326
This is actually a bomb ass idea though.

I feel like there should be parts where you have to get out of the car. Maybe to move an obstacle, fix a flat, etc. That would add some tension/vulnerability to it, make you feel like you're in a rush to get things done because you can hear strange sounds in the woodwork.
>>
>>17767688
Yeah, that's good. Player shouldnt be able to walk away too far though.
>>
Play this dick if you wanna be terrified
>>
>>17767127
you work as a security guard for a pizza place with ghosts that haunt it at night
>>
>>17767326
what about the possibility of taking different routes? The old saying goes different paths can lead to the same place. I'd be interesting to see if people would choose the spooky back road or the foreboding silent suburbia
>>
>>17767759
Maybe the car gets a flat in a tunnel or something like that that naturally limits mobility.
>>
>>17768881
There are several famed and supposedly haunted roads OP could use as inspiration
>>
>>17767326
>insanity meter
no way, stupid ass game mechanic
if you're going to have one, at least just make it an invisible variable
>>
>>17769078
I don't know, throw in diners where you can do things like buy trucker speed or just get a good night sleeps or a shower to help it. Like everything in the game it would have to be randomized, so maybe they try to poison you, maybe you walk in on a grisly murder scene and then the killers after you too.

Maybe Add Characters and make it have an effect beyond stats, IE the black character is in real trouble in the Racist Sheriff Catches you. The Women has a higher chance of getting drugged or stuff like that.

My idea for a horror game is kind of like a reverse Resident Evil. Your a mad scientist and you design zombies, monsters, etc, and have to survive villagers coming to kill you.

Or just fuck it and do a Horror Rpg (Allah shadow hearts) set in the Vietnam War.
>>
Does anyone here remember a video game that was being developed like 15 years ago, where somebody had to go through they levels of hell to find their loved one? I remember some levels were a wwi Battlefield, and other horror places
>>
Ok so you just play as a regular person. Like first time you play it, takes about 5 minutes, you go to the bank. Eat dinner. Sleep. The end.

Everytime you play and win, more and more possible paths open up. It starts with simple things, the bank gets robbed, you get shot, you wake up in the hospital, etc.

But then randomly things are off, like maybe a door has scratches on it, or chains, and where you used to be able to enter and you can't. A person doesn't have a face for a second.

But more and more paths open up. And it gets worse and worse. Like maybe you meet a friend in your apartment, then next time he speaks in weird languages, then randomy something horrific and impossibably large bursts out of your friend, and all you can do is run, and run, till you hit a dead end. Or maybe you just end up back in your apartment.

Get a real mix of realistic horror, such as being in a robbery, terrorist attack, etc. Traditional horror, things like zombies, the thing, it. And really surreal horror, like Suda 51, memetic diseases, etc.
>>
>>17767127
You wake up in a cabinet. You open the door... Get on the floor.......

>everybody walk the dinosaur.
>>
two part game.

part 1, you're an initiate within an influential cult that spans the globe. Every year they meet at an exclusive party, you meet the most charming, beautiful and interesting characters as you shmooze your way across the worlds elite. You can collect things along the way, and slowly memorize the winding maze that is whatever large estate that this party is taking place.

later you find out that your purpose within this cult was to be sacrificed at this very same party. But something goes wrong, your character escapes and the remainder of the game is trying to flee this impossibly complex estate with the worlds elite growing increasingly more panicked and zealous as they fail to capture you.
>>
>>17769248
not OP, but this seems like a good one

might just be my bias for stories where the player is unknowingly involved in some sort of occult ritual or something, and how they respond to that afterwards, though

may be more dramatic or tragic or anything, but what if they actually had a good reason for wanting to sacrifice you, something real? not quite world-ending, but actually invoking the wrath of some sort of god. maybe have it revealed that the player was actually born especially for that ritual? maybe they were taken away from their parents by CPS early in the story, but later rejoined the cult anyway, with surprising leniency (because the cult recognises them as the sacrifice)?
>>
>>17769162

The Darkness. The WWI levels were a representation of hell and you were hunting the four horses.
>>
>>17767127
feminism is cancer
>>
>>17767127
Idk if this idea is good enough to use
>Premise
Open world survival game set in a barren, desolate, American West. Could be the badlands, Death Valley or another desert, or any other place that is dry and desolate and empty. It would have maybe 1 or 2 tiny ghost towns that the player could loot, as well as abandoned houses, farms, and gas stations. Those of you who have driven through the desert know what I am talking about, those random bandos you see when driving, with roofs caved in and nothing around for miles, except the road of course.
One important feature is that there is no one else in this game, just the player.
>Gameplay
The player runs around exploring and scavenging for supplies in the vast wasteland, trying not to starve and die. The only thing that can kill you is the elements, at least at first...
After playing for a little while with no objective, you find a map that you need to follow in order to solve the mystery of what happened. It will take you place to place and you will find notes, keys, and other items to progress.
>Enemies
Now for the part that I think would make this spooky. Once you progress enough, the sun and the elements aren't your only threat. Monster(s) start to appear. When you are traversing the desert, you may see a dot on the horizon, which eventually gets closer and closer until you can start to see its shape, and see it running (or walking, not sure which is spoopier) towards your direction. You also might be looting a house and look outside the window and seeing something go search the broken down truck you passed by a few minutes ago.

Basically, its you, and this thing (or maybe more than one), and some wildlife in the middle of no where, with the sun beating down . At night you would want to be careful about lighting a fire, because that one light in a sea of darkness could draw attention. It'd have a day and night cycle and be equally spooky in both, due to seeing something chasing you.
>>
>>17767137
If you're using unity then stick with tried and true. Something I've never seen in a horror game is spacewalking. 3d movement would be nerve wracking if the enemy could do it too.
>>
>>17769383
Like imagine one of these fuckers coming after you
>>17766862
>>
>>17767127
Basically make a Fallout-esque game that's actually scary for the most part.

>Open world RPG that lets the player take the role of a detective (probably set in an earlier time-period) and you travel whatever country you're in trying to solve cases/crimes/mysteries.

You're trying to build your reputation basically. The main quest should have something to do with the detective maybe trying to find the previous detective that trained him. But you're not let on to other cases from police stations/random people without having enough of a reputation. Make all of the quests and encounters eerie and down-right scary sometimes. Leave the option to fail a quest and it negatively impacts a later portion of the game.

This is a game I've always wanted to play. Like a full game of dark-brotherhood type shit. MAKE THIS HAPPEN AND YOU HAVE ALL MY MONEY.

>also
You have like 1 gun and maybe a knife. You're supposed to use your wits to get out of dangerous situations first before shooting. Shooting and killing someone will leave you with negative consequences as well.
>>
>>17767127
This would need to be in VR.
A maze game that manipulates common phobias.

You wake up in a cave, all you have is a cellphone with 40% battery left to light your way. The whole time you need to find you're way out, along the way you hear whispers and foot steps. You start losing body parts when you go the wrong way.
Your limbs are basically your health bar, the more parts you loose the faster you bleed out and lose the game. If you find your way to daylight you'll be surrounded by thousands of dead bodies and animals eating the rotting meat. The sand caked in blood, in the far horizon a giant creature that looks at you. Your eyes start to lose sight as you throw up blood and fall down in the pile.
>>
>>17767153
Needs some fleshing out but I like this. No place will feel safe as reality breaks down. There could be dialogue and characters that change, sometimes turning violent or benevolent with each return to a newly broken part of the game. Maybe some kind of item, like a flash drive that van trigger more changes/glitches.
>>
>>17767127
>read Solaris by Stanislaw Lem
>make it into a game
>?????
>profit

Honestly, this book was pretty spoopy even though it probably wasn't meant to be. Focus on the scary parts while not forgetting the philosophical meaning of the story and you'll have a GOAT game.
>>
>>17767127
give your character a weapon bc ppl are less scared with a weapon
then make something like a hallway where the ppl can see a monster or demon or whatever scary thing is coming for them, they will think 'whatever i will just shoot it down'
then make the weapon stop working, like the gun jammed or whatever so they cant shoot them, i bet they will panic like hell
>>
>>17769615
Now that I think of it, Lem has written some more spooky stuff, strongly recommend you read some of it if you want game ideas.

>Tales of Pirx the Pilot

>first mission
>sent on a patrol in a completely empty space sector
>suddenly an object appears flying in front of his spaceship
>object keeps the same distance no matter what Pirx does to catch it
>Pirx starts going insane

Space, loneliness, unidentified objects that should not be there, thats pretty spooky if you do it right

>Doctor Diagoras

>scientist tries to develop sentient, intelligent life through a method he has discovered
>creates a few monsters that eventually die or are isolated because they're dangerous
>creates two fungus-like creatures that appear to be somewhat intelligent
>stimulates them through various means
>turns out these creatures were using him to communicate between themselves

Frankenstein but more subtle and thought provoking, another great idea that has to be done right to be truly scary

>Doctor Corcoran

>scientist creates boxes that simulate life
>each box is entirely separate from the others
>scientist controls life in boxes through computer inputs
>what if your life is just a box in some scientists basement
>what if nothing but you is real
>what if you're not real

Solipsisms are fuckin scary when you think of it
>>
>>17767794
We don't need another FNAF. Or it's sequels.
>>
>>17767127
layers of fear ia a joy to play (especially if you are educated in arts and the great masters of old)
>>
>>17767127
>>17768017
>>
Do a game about a Djinn.
>>
File: Horror game idea.png (98KB, 857x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Horror game idea.png
98KB, 857x1010px
been waiting for one of these, wrote this awhile back, hoping for some feedback.
>>
>>17770634
Good point.
How about you work as a waitress in an isolated diner? Your points are in the form of tips. Small mistakes get you a smaller tip, big mistakes may get you none. Conversation may get you more tips, special orders or help (like giving directions or advice) will get you larger tips. How much the cook likes you will influence how likely he is to make mistakes (for which you lose tips) or do special orders (for which you gain tips). So if he asks wants to talk or asks you a favor, maybe oblige.

Here's the creepy bits. Some of the customers are pervs, flirting will get you tips, but whether you flirt or not you may randomly get a stalker / serial killer. Some of the customers are addicts, but occasionally one may be a werewolf and go berserk. Some of the customers are goth kids, and some of those might be sacrificing people to Satan. Bigfoot eats out of the dumpster and the whole place is haunted (standard Indian burial ground bit).
>>
>>17770701
>Djinn
Genie
>>
I once had s dream about "call of duty: Transylivania"

The entire squad got massacred by werewolves and vampires
>>
>>17767326
Sounds like it would be awesome in VR.

Reminds me of P.T. honestly.
>>
>>17773403
That sort of thing could be done as a mod. It might actually exist already.
>>
File: 1436758180633.jpg (278KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1436758180633.jpg
278KB, 1366x768px
I cant take credit for this, somebody else here came up with it and I just built off of it
>driving simulator
>set at night, you drive through back roads with limited supplies
>your gasoline runs out after a while, forcing you to stop at various locations like abandoned gas stations and shady parts of small towns
>all the while something or somethings are chasing you
>vampire, wendigo, bigfoot, axe murderer whatever
>they can be killed but its extremely hard and theyre way tougher then you
>some other main plot like you have to red to your parents house or find somebody and pick them up, the main point isnt to fight the enemy until the end

My idea was to take that premise and make it on a train. Youre a train conductor and can travel to different towns after an apocalypse or youre just being stalked by a monster like the car simulator. You use the railways to go to different towns and pick up supplies and survivors while having to maintain the whole train
>>
File: Detective-with-smoke-flipped.gif (97KB, 490x399px) Image search: [Google]
Detective-with-smoke-flipped.gif
97KB, 490x399px
ive got a few ideas, im not a game dev though I just like writing the plots

>detective mystery like LA noir but much grittier
>you start out as a rookie cop, making youre way from patrol cases to missing persons/Homicide
>a serial killer is active in the ambiguous city you work in and the main plot is finding him (probably a cliche like hes another cop, I havnt though it through yet)
>the big attraction is a huge open world with various side missions and cases of all kinds you can solve
>you also have customization. you can pick where you live, what to put in it, the clothes you where,the guns you use
>all financed through currency you get from cases you solve, the better you do the more you make
>the story is very gritty and doesnt hold back
>you see murdered kids, torn up bodies, real crime scene photos. I want rising storm PTSD simulator level
>set in modern time, but no cheap super computers to do all the work for you
>>
>>17773444
Creature should be something you cant see, models never do a creature justice and most of the time ruin it for me

Unless you got a bangin ass model for something creepy that has good animations
>>
File: 1427720151298.jpg (20KB, 500x348px)
1427720151298.jpg
20KB, 500x348px
something set in the water. youre a diving instructor and getting chased by something while cave exploring. you only have a knife and a harpoon gun. whatever it is (a shark, an eel, salt water croc, some sea monster) is much faster then you and you dont stand much of a chance so you have to run. you can get to a boat where you stand a better chance but it can wreck you boat and you have to go back under the water to get supplies
>>
People were posting about a driving simulator. Here are my ideas for it:

>Called "Just Drive" on Oculus or HTC Vive

>Set in real time, an hour here is an hour in the game

>Controlled by a steering wheel and gas pedal, like from Gran Turismo or Forza

>No pause menu

>No actual "deaths" or respawns, just continuous horror

>At the end of the game, you're all strung out from the hallucinations of things chasing you or whatever. But finally, all of the insanity stops for about four minutes.
>It's just an easy drive on a clear night.
>You'll eventually find what appears to be a car crash in the middle of the road.
>Stranded people needing help.
>For the first time ever, you can get out of your car to help them.
>A group of people wearing masks spring out of nowhere. They kick your ass and steal your car.
>Stranded in the middle of the road on foot.
>The hallucinations start coming back, full throttle.
>>
File: Sol Vindictus.jpg (86KB, 640x360px)
Sol Vindictus.jpg
86KB, 640x360px
>A Commander is seen speaking on the Bridge
>The Darkness spreads. the enemy grows stronger
>Entire colonies go dark
>Entire star systems are conquered in a matter of weeks
>The Situation grows ever worse
>The Galactic Treaty of All Colonies and Federations formed in desperation as our friends and foes turned to each other as a common enemy emerged, threatening all of our existences
>We dont know what they are or what they want
>We stand as one, in the hope our unity can stand against the relentless horde
>ive seen the reports from the front lines
>Starships bigger than any Dreadnaught of Ours
>Fighter Squadrons that swarm and consume our own
>Shock Troopers that fear nothing, landing on burning worlds while their orbital bombardment is still underway
>Monsters that feel no fear, remorse or mercy
>Today stands as the largest military operation in the history of galactic warfare
>this is the day the line is drawn, the day we PUSH THEM BACK
>For this Galaxy is Xylion! Now and Foreve-
>The broadcast is interupted
>A strange being is seen on the screen
>"This is your only warning, Alien Scum, our attack fleet is inbound and 2 lightyears away from your pathetic little retaliation fleet, run and tell this rest of this Galaxy who we are. We are called Humans, we come from the Milky Way Galaxy, we are the masters of war and none remain to challenge us in our home galaxy. and throughout a milennia of Warfare in Space. we have learned one thing about first contact..."

"Shoot First."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uxJxMjz3Io
>>
>>17773484
Do you control yourself on foot with the steering wheel and gas pedal still?

Seems a little uncomfortable
>>
>>17767127
Have you played Dark Alliance, it was a 4th generation console game.
>>
File: call of cathulu investigation.png (911KB, 1357x679px) Image search: [Google]
call of cathulu investigation.png
911KB, 1357x679px
he x files meets LA noir set in the roaring 1920s
>former detective turned PI after your partner is killed by a werewolf
>you meet other paranormal hunters who pose as PI's, government officials and police officers hunting down monsters
>you work a crime scene like other detective games, getting clues to a list of suspects
>you choose the suspect investigate, if you think its the monster you set up an assassination
>you can be wrong, in which case the monster kills again and you loose money that can go towards upgrades in guns, clothes, cars, ect
>gfame type is like heavy rain or LA noir, but with a lot more action and free roam, you can choose what to say or do and it will have consequences
>not one big map, but several smaller maps from small logging towns to cities that are fully flushed out with side jobs
>you can play as the monster and commit the crime, setting it up as you want
>you can also change the weather conditions from sunny, rainy, cloudy, snow, fall, spring,. ect so each level can feel like your own creation
>>
>>17771632
Don't really like the timer thing, I thi k the possibility of having a random infected murderer on the loose would be reason enough not to camp. And maybe have something other than traps as puzzles, like you get some traps and all, but sometimes you have to lock pick a door or remove some vines or something like that. Sounds like a really cool game though.
>>
>>17767137
>Engine is Unity3d.
Another shitty indie Unitybabby horror game.

That is the real horror
>>
>>17767153
The Magic Circle actually already has this premise. Not in a horror premise, a quirky approach.

Didn't like it all that much, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGfaTlMa5zo
>>
>>17767127
I would pay good money for something like this:

- A mix of "This war of mine" + "State of Decay" + "The Forest", first person
- The game starts RIGHT before the end-times, so you start off in the midst of when shit goes down
- you have to establish a rudimentary safe house, by gathering materials and supplies
- possibility to recruit new survivors, with each their own skillset, no swapping between characters, to keep you focused on your own character
- ability to upgrade/(re)take outposts
- necessity to scavenge for materials and supploes
- Character skills that can be upgraded, more or less Bethesda style
- Vehicules possible
- No mini/side missions, that gets awfully repetitive
- I really like the hostile "mutant" cannibals" in the Forest. They're essentially tribal, with a hierarchy that are visually evident (clad in skulls and ornaments)
When alone or in few numbers, they'll stalk but not attack you, just stare at you from a distance, scurrying about. If you're low on health, they'll attack. If you're aggressive, they'll defend themselves. If you run at first sight, they'll chase you. If they're in groups, they'll hunt you like a wolf pack, flanking you.
They have hotspot "villages" that are rich in loot, but cannot possibly be taken, unless you're well armed and well equipped. Taking out a hotspot will lower their presence in that area.
They have "naked" outcasts that are weak and frantic, but easy kills. If tribes encounter outcasts, they absolutely slaughter them.
They're more active at night time and patrol. They mark their patrols with certain orientation points like skulls on sticks and whatnot. If you take out these points, the patrols are disrupted
They're curious and are attracted by noise, light or changes in the landscape (chopped over trees, new buildings).
When they're in group and nearly defeated, if one gets away, they'll run/screech for reinforcements, if there's any nearby.

Focus on scavenging, building, upgrading and expanding.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.