[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something at my parent's old house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: layout.png (7KB, 427x363px) Image search: [Google]
layout.png
7KB, 427x363px
Hey /x/, this is my first time visiting the board, but I’ve seen screencaps of stories shared here before. Today I come here to share with you my personal experience with something strange.
So when I was 9 or 10, my parents bought a house further back into our neighborhood and we moved there. I'm now 24, married with a kid, and living in a different house in the same neighborhood (these details are important later) and my parent recently moved out of their old house. These encounters with something, I don’t want to call it a spirit or ghost or anything cuz I’m not sure, happened when I was younger and lived in that house.
>be 11 years old
>wake up in the middle of the night because I hear someone talking
>get out of bed and walk over to my bedroom door
>in the hallway there's this little girl sitting on the floor, playing with some toys
Pic related, it's the side of the house my younger brother and I lived in.
>she has long, golden hair and is wearing a very simple red dress with a picture of a sunflower on it
>looks to be about 6 years old
>feel incredibly sleepy, so I just stand there and watch her. she has is a foot or two past the door to my brother's room, facing the wall
>eventually she turns and looks up at me and smiles
>"Hi!" she says cheerfully
>"Hey...?" I respond, still not fully awake and not really grasping the fact that there is some strange child in our house
>she gets really excited that I responded. "Do you wanna play with me!?"
>tell her I'm too tired to play and then I go back to bed. before turning around, I notice that she looks really disappointed
>wake up in the morning and remember what happened and feel freaked out but don't tell anyone
I didn't wantt my family to think I was having weird dreams and being a big baby about it. Few weeks go by and I completely forget about it. Then it happens again.
(cont)
>>
>wake up around 2 in the morning
>hear someone humming
>sit up in my bed and lean over so I can see out my doorway
>same girl is there, standing just outside my door, humming cheerfully
>"You woke up!" she says happily.
>just stare at her, blinking my sleep away
>she's wearing a plain yellow dress tonight
>"Can I come play in your room? The hallway is boring."
>again, I don't fully grasp that this girl that I don't know is in my house. I just feel really sleepy
>"Nah, I'm really tired. Just go play in the living room or something."
>she looks really sad and begs "Pleeeeeaaassse?"
>when I don't respond she pouts and leaves my doorway
>go back to sleep and feel jolted awake in the morning
>remember everything that happened and start thinking that our hosue is haunted
The house was only 14 or so years old and we bought the house from the original owners, an old couple. Both were still alive and they bought the house when their children had already grown up and moved out, so no little kids had ever lived in the house. I remember that I had met them once when we were looking at the house for a second time because they came home early while we were still there. They told me they had 2 grandsons about my age. No granddaughters. So with all this information, I was pretty sure there was no way there could be a little ghost girl in this house.
>few nights later, wake up in the middle of the night
>feel really thirsty
>get out of bed and start heading out towards the hall when I hear a sink running
>bathroom light is on
>I figure my brother must have woken up as well to use the bathroom or something
>look into the bathroom and see the same little girl, brushing her teeth
>she’s still wearing that yellow dress
Looking back on it, I feel like the outfit she was wearing each time was important for some reason, which is why I keep mentioning it. Especially because a few really stand out in my memory.
>I instantly start feeling incredibly sleepy again
(cont)
>>
>I don’t know why, but I felt it was important to see whose toothbrush she was using
>we had double sinks in our bathroom, and we designated which one was for me and my brother
>she was using my brother’s sink, but his toothbrush was still in its little holster on the counter
>look over at my sink, my toothbrush is still there
>think to myself “she brought her own toothbrush” and chuckle
>can see her face in the mirror and for the first time notice her incredibly blue eyes
I have blue eyes, everyone else in my family has green eyes. But her eyes are piercing blue.
>turn back to my bedroom, she never saw me
>go back to bed without getting anything to drink
>wake up in the morning, still really thirsty
>realize what happened last night and get angry at myself
I don’t know why I didn’t feel spooked this time. I was just angry at myself for never realizing what is happening in the moment. It always felt like it wasn’t real when it was happening, but it was solidified in my memory the next morning. I was certain that these encounters were actually happening.
(cont)
>>
>>I'm currently at work posting this
I'm going on my lunchbreak now, so I'll post the rest later when I get back to my office.
>>
Appreciate the story OP. Keep postin.
>>
File: 1464927218761.jpg (64KB, 469x750px) Image search: [Google]
1464927218761.jpg
64KB, 469x750px
Lurking
>>
>>17766486
Pretty good so far op. I'll be lurking
>>
Continue OP, you caught my attention...
>>
Breddy gud.
Keep going OP.
>>
Back. Dropping green text at this point because I’m too lazy to keep it up.
A year goes by. I wake up and see this girl in the middle of the night every few weeks. Her outfit doesn’t change every time, but most the time it does. A few times I saw her in that first red dress with the sunflower on it, sometimes it was different red dresses. Sometimes it was the yellow dress, a few times it was a yellow dress with white trim. And then there were dresses of different colors and designs that I can’t really remember. Once she wore a white blouse and blue jeans and black tennis shoes; this is the only time I remember ever seeing her wear shoes. At some point she learned my name, though I don’t remember ever telling her. She usually calls me by my name.

It’s pretty much always the same thing with her. I wake up, see her in the hallway, she asks is she can play in my room and I either ignore her or tell her no. The time she was wearing the blouse and blue jeans though, I woke up and she was IN MY ROOM. She smiled at me and giggled before saying “Woops, I didn’t think you would wake up. Sorry.” This time, I felt afraid. I didn’t feel drowsy. “Can I stay in here?” she asks, looking hopeful.
“GET OUT!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. I had never had a panic attack before in my life, but I could feel my chest tightening and began breathing heavily, so I knew I was likely having one now. She winced when I yelled at her and made her way to the door. She stopped before leaving and sniffled. Even though the lights were out, I could tell she was crying. She wiped her face with her arm and whispered “Sorry” before leaving.
(cont)
>>
I just sat in my bed, arms crossed over my chest, squeezing myself and trying to calm down. My mom came in and turned the lights on a few minutes later because she had heard me yell and it woke her up. She asked if I was okay and I lied and told her that I had just shouted out in my sleep at something in a dream and woken myself up. I think she could tell something was bothering me, but she accepted my lie and turned the light out as she left. I don’t know how long I laid in my bed, afraid to go back to sleep, but at some point I did because I woke up in the morning and still remembered what had happened. Looking back on it, I don’t remember feeling like she ever meant me harm. She had plenty of opportunities to hurt me if that was her goal. She had never done anything malicious before and all she had done this time was enter my room while I was sleeping. I felt bad about it and decided that if I ever felt fully awake during an encounter that I would try communicating with her.
(cont)
>>
Aww. She sounded like she just wanted to play and you were so mean to her...
>>
>>17766692
poor ghost girl
>>
A few weeks later, my brother had a friend spend the night. He had two twin beds in his room, so they slept in there. During the night, I woke up and went to go take a piss. On my way back to my room, I saw the girl standing with her back to me, looking in my brother’s room. She was wearing a blue dress that looked more like a nightgown. She looked over her shoulder at me and had an agitated look on her face. “I don’t like him” she told me, and then looked back into my brother’s room. I felt incredibly drowsy and could tell what was going on was not normal. I kept telling myself ‘no, stay alert!’ but it was just like all the other times. I couldn’t grasp what was happening in front of me. I walked up behind her and peered into my brother’s room. I could tell she was looking at the bed that my brother’s friend was sleeping on.
I told her that I was going back to bed and she ignored me. Still just glaring into the bedroom. Sometime later I woke up because someone was banging on a door. I got out of bed and met my brother in the hallway. His friend was inside to bathroom with the door shut. He told us that he woke up to take a piss and when he went to open the door, it was locked. But the door’s lock was on his side. We told him that and he was like “Yeah, I know. I unlocked it but the door still won’t open.”
My brother went off to wake up our dad and I stood in the hallway to keep the dude company. Then I suddenly remembered what the little girl had said.
>I don’t like him
Again, this little girl had never done anything malicious to me. But she was always smiling at me and asking if I wanted to play with her; I remembered the agitated face she made when telling me that she didn’t like him. I got the chills, but didn’t say anything to my brother’s friend. There were only two possibilities if I told him. One, he’d think I was fucking crazy. Or two, he’d completely freak out.
(cont)
>>
My dad and brother came back, dad with some screwdrivers in hand to remove the doorknob and get the kid out of the bathroom. It took half an hour for him to finally get the door open. When all was said and done, everyone went back to their rooms to go back to sleep. Except for me; I stayed up and watched TV in my room. After a while, I got the feeling that someone was watching me. I turned towards my door and saw the little girl looking in at me. She was covering her mouth with her hands as she tried to stifle laughter, but I could see the counters on her cheeks and tell she was smiling underneath her hands.
This is the first time I had seen her while fully awake, and not just waking up. I felt a bit worried because of what had just happened to my brother’s friend. “Did you lock [brother’s friend] in the bathroom?” I asked. She just giggled more. I try talking to her as if I was talking a child who had just done something wrong, but I was still young myself and didn’t sound very authoritative. “T-That was really bad of you. You’re grounded.” Yeah, way to go me. Act tough to this little girl who somehow got into your house. Then I finally realized the gravity of the situation. There was a stranger in my house. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I don’t know why it never clicked before, even all the times I woke up and remembered what happened all those nights. I never fully grasped the fact that someone was getting into our house while everyone was asleep and no telling what she was doing or if she was the only one. I suddenly felt really scared.
(cont)
>>
She stopped laughing and looked really upset. “Why?” Why what? Oh right, I told her she was grounded. I had completely lost track of what I had said as I was freaking out about the situation. I thought really hard before answering, and made sure my voice wasn’t shaking too much as I spoke. “You did a bad thing to [brother’s friend]. So you’re in trouble.”
And then she just vanished. Instantly. She didn’t turn and walk away, she didn’t go up in a puff of smoke. She was just there one second, and then not there the next. It was the first and only time I had ever witnessed her leave. Every other time, she was out of my sight after our interactions so I don’t know if she normally did this or if it was a onetime thing. I repositioned my TV on my desk so that I could stay awake and watch it without having to turn my back to the door. The sun came up an hour later.

A few years passed and I hadn’t seen her since that night.

My older sister moved out and I got her bedroom which was on the second floor of the house. After switching rooms, I never saw the little girl again. I would still occasionally wake up in the middle of the night and feel that same drowsy feeling, but I never saw or heard her. Eventually I forgot about it. Don’t ask me how I forgot this thing that happened several times over several years, but I just did.
(cont)
>>
After a year and a half, my sister gets pregnant and moves back in with us. My brother had moved into my old room and she moves into his old room. When my nephew reaches 2 or 3 months old, my brother moves up to share my bedroom (it’s the only room on the second floor aside from a bathroom and it’s bigger than both our old rooms combined). One night wake up, feeling drowsy and really thirsty. I go downstairs to get some water from the kitchen, but as soon as I get down the stairs and turn the corner, I freeze. Across the living room, standing just outside the hallway leading to the bedrooms, I see the little girl. I instantly snap out of the drowsy sensation and all the memories of her came flooding back in. I feel gripped with fear for the first time since I woke up and saw her in my bedroom.
She is looking down the hallway, but notices me and turns to face me. She raises a hand and points down the hallway and asks “[my name], whose baby is that?” I can feel all the color flush out of my skin and I open my mouth to scream, but I can’t get it open more than a tiny bit and no sound comes out. She tilts her head slightly to the side, the way a dog does when it’s confused. Then she turns back to the hallway and walks down it.
I ran across the living room, turned down the hallway, and sprinted into my nephew’s bedroom. There’s no one there except him sleeping in his crib. I sat down with my back against his crib and just cried. I don’t know why, but I just couldn’t help myself. I cried for a few minutes and after stopping, I still sat there in my nephew’s bedroom. I don’t know how long I was sitting there because there was no longer a clock in the room but it felt like a few hours. I eventually talked myself out of sitting there, telling myself that there was no way anything bad was going to happen to him. I went in the kitchen, drank a glass of water, and then went back up to my bedroom.
(cont)
>>
>>17766716
>A few years passed and I hadn’t seen her since that night.

Wow, she took being grounded seriously.
>>
This time when I woke up in the morning, I forgot about what had happened. It wasn’t until a few years later that I would remember this incident.

Years go by and I’ve started dating the girl that will eventually be my wife. We fuck up and she’s pregnant. I love her, so move into an apartment with her to take care of her and our eventual child. She really likes creepy podcasts and used to visit message boards similar to /x/ where people shared spooky stories and talked about paranormal stuff. One night out of the blue she asks me if I’ve ever had weird stuff happen to me, such as aliens or ghosts or stuff. That’s when I suddenly remember all the encounters with that little girl.
I tell her the entire story that I’ve posted so far and the more I talk, the more I can see her look more and more worried. I think that maybe she thinks I’m a nut job and that she’s going to break up with me here and now. But then she asks me if I remembered something that had happened a few weeks prior. We were visiting my parents and she had gone to use the restroom. The restroom in that same hallway. She had come back really quickly and was adamant that she wanted to leave. At the time, all she said was that she felt really uncomfortable and just wanted to leave. But now she tells me that as she went to close the bathroom door, she saw a faint, somewhat transparent little girl in a red dress walk past the doorway towards what used to be my nephew’s bedroom. (my sister and nephew still lived with my parents, but they weren’t currently home). The reason she wanted to leave so bad was because she felt scared that their house was haunted.
(cont, next is the last one)
>>
She asked me if I ever saw that little girl after that time when I went into my nephew’s bedroom and if I had ever seen her while living in the apartment with her. I hadn’t, and I told her no.

A few months later, our daughter is born.
She has blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. My mom loves shopping for her and buys her clothes all the time. When my daughter was a year old, she bought her a little red dress with a sunflower on it. She’s about to be two years old and though she only knows a few words and can’t really speak in full sentences yet, her voice is eerily similar to that little girl’s.

I have never seen that little girl again, and for the most part I never think about it. I don’t want to. But sometimes when I’m watching my daughter play with her toys, I get an uneasy feeling that I’ve seen her somewhere before, years ago, and then I remember everything that happened.
I got that feeling this morning before leaving for work, and that’s why I’m posting this here.
>>
>>17766727
Well, the ending is a bit cheesy, but interesting story overall.
>>
>>17766727
Anon, I have some good news
Ghost girl impregnated your wife with herself
>>
>>17766727
i predicted the ending but a good story still. id give it a 7/10
>>
>>17766734
Is this gonna be like Ringu now? If so, OP is fucked.
>>
>>17766727

You got cucked by ghost girl's daddy

Congratulations OP.
>>
File: birthday.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
birthday.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>17766744
>>
>>17766732
I know it's cheesy. It's one of the reasons why I really don't like thinking about it. I know no one is going to believe me.

As far as I can tell, my wife has completely forgotten about it because she never brings it up anymore.

Honestly, I think I'm reading too much into the similarities between that girl and my daughter. And you're insight of it being "a bit cheesy" helps me feel better about it.
>>
>>17766754
Post pics of dress or you're making it up.
>>
>>17766727
You might want to watch your kid when she's around that age, Anon. Something might happen. The afterlife doesn't have the same governs of time as the real world.
>>
File: 20150927_171301.jpg (87KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
20150927_171301.jpg
87KB, 720x960px
>>17766757
I don't have the dress itself anymore to get a pic of, because she's grown out of it and we sold it to one of those goodwill-like baby clothes stores.

but here's the only pic I could find on my phone of her wearing it (sorry that you can't see the flower, it's on the lower left side)
>>
>>17766785
Welp, you're screwed, OP. Good luck raising ghost daughter. Let us know if she starts being spooky.
>>
>>17766754
OP does anyone in your family have a history of mental illness or schizophrenia?
>>
>>17766860
does my great grandmother developing Alzheimer syndrome in her 80s count?
other than that, none at all
>>
You should have asked ghost girl's name.
>>
>>17766872
No Altimeters doesn't really count, who lives in your parents old house now, do they have children?
>>
>>17766877
I was never fully aware of what was going on except for a few incidents. And in all of those I was scared shitless and didn't really care what her name was.

Aside from those, I never understood what was happening until I woke up the next morning.

>>17766884
It's some young black couple. I say that, but I think they may older than me and my wife. But they don't have children.

The house that my wife and I bought is in the same neighborhood, so I occasionally pass by the house when I go to visit old neighbors. Or sometimes I space out while driving and drive past that house out of habit before realizing I'm going the wrong way.
>>
>>17766872
>>17766884
Also, were there any major power lines that ran past your home or natural gas wells near by?
>>
>>17766912
Correction: they MAY have children. But I've never seen them, nor nor there ever any toys or bikes or anything out in the yard when I drive by that would indicate that they do have kids.
>>
OP, this is very improbable, but this just popped in to my head. What if, your daughter somehow visualised herself in to the past and interacted with you that way? It may be pure coincidence, but the girl and your daughter have a lot of similarities. What if the ghost didn't manifest herself as your daughter, but rather your daughter somehow visited you? The ghosty girl did seem to like you a lot, since she constantly tried to interact with you.
>>
>>17766918
There are some major powerlines closer to the front of the neighborhood where I currently live, but not any in the back where the house in question is.
No natural gas well.
>>
>yfw her first complete sentence is "I remember you, daddy!"
>>
>>17766912
do you know what the area was used for before the neighborhood was developed, was it a farm, open prairie, ranch of some sort?
>>
>>17766922
That is something I've vaguely though of before, but I'm not big on supernatural stuff so I don't really know much about the concept.

I often feel silly for thinking there may be some connection. I only mention it because the thought DOES cross my mind occasionally and I feel like I'd be doing the readers a disservice to leave it out.
>>
>>17766922
The problem with this theory would be that his daughter would have to have died at that age. As long as OPs daughter gets older she shouldn't be able to revisit him in the past as her younger self.

In theory anyway...
>>
>>17766938
Astral projection? From the future?
>>
>>17766929
it was all just wooded forest.
Most the houses in my neighborhood are younger than my dad. He and my grandparents lived in a house near the front of the neighborhood before all the wooded area was cleared in the back to build houses.
>>
>>17766937
She doesn't actually have to die at that age though, although years pass for OP, she could still visit him without getting older because she could visit different parts of OP's life.
>>
>>17766940
after death time has no relevance, you could in theory appear to people in the past, not through time travel but because death is like another dimension, all of time exists at once not in a linear fashion. I'm just not sure why she would be in his parents house.

and then it could be something else entirely.
>>
>>17766938
>>17766954
It never once even crossed my mind to think about it this way.
I'm really uneasy thinking about my beautiful little girl dying at a young age...
>>
>>17766952
I've never heard of anyone astrally projecting themselves to the past or future, only remotely from a distance at the current time or in some cases unknowingly (ie: doppelganger).
>>
>>17766959
I wouldn't worry about it OP, it's most likely just a coincidence
>>
>>17766959
Don't freak out too much, but maybe you should be especially mindful of her around that age.
>>
>>17766959
Try not to dwell on it OP, it could be all sorts of things, the connection to your daughter could just be your mind trying to make sense out of what you perceived. There are many variables we don't know.
>>
>>17766950
are there any water sources nearby? creeks, ponds, stuff like that?
>>
>>17766997
also are you located in the US, if so are you in Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, or New Mexico?
>>
>>17767011
What's with all the questions, anon? Quit trying to stalk him.
>>
File: Dean (4).jpg (21KB, 252x250px) Image search: [Google]
Dean (4).jpg
21KB, 252x250px
>>17766727
Great stuff, man.

Fuck, reading that felt like 2010 /x/ again. Thanks for that, OP.
>>
File: Dean (7).jpg (25KB, 488x332px) Image search: [Google]
Dean (7).jpg
25KB, 488x332px
>>17766927
[spoiler]nope[/spoiler]
>>
>>17766997
No.
>>17767011
In the US, not in or near any of those states
>>
>>17767047
didn't visit 4chan at that time, so I don't get the joke (if there is one)
but the year sticks out
2010 is the year that the encounter happened outside my nephew's room
>>
The child must be purified in the flames, there's no time to waste.

Burn it, burn the beast immediately OP!
>>
>>17767066
He just means /x/ used to be full of good stories like yours.
Thanks for a reminder of the good side of /x/.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.