[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucky charm and other artifact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Greetings /x/. After having spent some times with friends from central Africa (Congo, Cameroon, Ivory Coast...) and read some books after culture and beliefs, it appears that christianity hasn't been very successful in destroying ancient beliefs, and notably animism and "black witchcraft".
As I understand it (you're more than welcome to correct me on this), it is believed that one can communicate with the dead and obtain wisdom and luck through witchcraft. A lot of power can be obtained from being able to see and comprehend this underworld where spirits, gods and ghosts cohabit, but the part that mostly interest me is the objects that are crafted to create a link between our world and this one. Mainly, The "gri-gris", often wooden carved amulets, are lucky charm, that one can wear to get protection or luck, and I was wondering about the process of crafting one.

So, /x/, how would you go about creating an artifact of yours, supposedly bringing you luck ? The concept is not Africa-exclusive, and I believe the mostly american community might have some knowledge on native crafts of the kind
>>
I like to carve small totem heads after moments of extreme sadness or trauma. Once I took a large dose of dmt bearing seed snuff that I made and had a Fucking mental break down. I carved a totem the next day to calm down and center my thoughts. While I wascarving I cut my thumb and the blood ran down the face of the wooden face in a way that looked like it was crying. It was a very powerful moment for me. I wear this necklace everyday as a protection totem and a reminder that I should pay more respect to that which I don't understand. Also you know don't just snort something all Willy nilly like a Fucking child. But yeah that's my experience
>>
Also I would say that your "charm" or what have you holds more significance when it is truly personal. Something that comes from within.
>>
>>17766191
You pick something that symbolizes what you want and then do something that primes it to do that. It may be placebo, but thankfully the placebo effect works even when you know it's a placebo.

Let's say you want a ring that will help you pick up girls (+2 charisma). You take a ring that looks like something James Bond would wear. Place it in alcohol, something the kind of girl you like would drink. Read aloud to it the entire text of a romance novel that would suit the kind of girl you like (maybe 50 Shades of Grey, maybe Twilight, maybe Jane Eyre, maybe something Danielle Steel). If you can't read the whole text in one sitting (which is likely), drink the alcohol and remove the ring from your mouth with the hand it will be worn upon. Resume at another time using the same kind of alcohol. Do not place the ring on your finger again until you've finished.
>>
(Congo, Cameroon, Ivory Coast...)

how's all that luck and wisdom working out for them?
>>
>>17766561
That's the great mistery, eh. But I don't know of any people whose so called "wisdow" has been an example of their political behavior (looking at you, China)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.