[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (377KB, 800x1400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
377KB, 800x1400px
Any advice on lucid dreaming. I've been trying binaural beats but they don't seem to work
>>
>>17763553
Drink dog blood
>>
keep a dream journal, apparently books,mirrors and other things i cant remember "don't work" in dreams, before you go to bed say something like "I am awake, I am aware". Buzzfeed did a video about it but idk how much I would trust them desu
>>
Sleep on your back with one arm raised at the elbow uncomfortable but you can get used to it. When you fall asleep your arm will drop. At first this will wake you up but eventually it will become a trigger to let you know you have fallen asleep
>>
>>17763553
You're trying the cheat method. I don't know if it's supposed to shortcut you to genuine dream control or if it's just a crutch to get people in without teaching them anything.

Either way, you're going to have to do it the hard way, which requires potentially years of nights and some effort to acquire self-knowledge. If that's too much effort, you can always try other crutches (like cheese).

>>17763571
Reality checks. In dreams, print and clocks may not read the same twice, mirrors may not reflect like they do in reality, pain may not work. These are typical, not universal, you'll have to figure out how your dreams work.

What you're looking for in the dream journal is recurring objects and themes. Those are your cues to check if you're awake. Of you could just do them at intervals, like when you're about to eat or when you pass through a doorway.

If you turn out to be asleep, and become aware of it, you are then lucid dreaming. That doesn't necessarily give you drastic control, but often it does. And then you have to master not disturbing your own slumber.
>>
File: guide.png (59KB, 1663x346px) Image search: [Google]
guide.png
59KB, 1663x346px
Here
>>
>>17763553
Be dank 420 bazinga
>>
>>17764257
kys
>>
>>17764253

I dont understand the logic behind dream jorunals, I have only cringey shit on them and it does not do anything, what is the point of writting them down: some normie logic of meritocracy I suppose... placebo effect, as in "if I put effort on it it SHOULD work!" when it is obviously just some random, and possibly satanic, ocurrence.
>>
>>17763553
If you haven't been keeping a dream journal for the past 6 months, I'd start with that. Train your mind like your body.
>>
>>17766217
it's improves dream recall
>>
>>17763553
Lay on your back in a completely even position. Clear your mind of any desires, wants, thoughts etc.

Your mind will eventually begin to make pictures and flashes of images and whatnot, make no attempt to control them, keep your mind clear of any desires to control your brain, eventually you will reach a dream like state.

This isn't lucid dreaming, but it's close. Master this and keep your mind clear of worries, wants, needs, problems. Try to nudge the dream-like state in a direction. Slowly practice applying pressure to the dream-state. Avoid thinking in words, think in feelings. Words are slow and clumsy and useless in your mind.

Basically these are training exercises.

A question to ask yourself is: do you control your dreams already (without knowing they're dreams)

For instance, I have lucid dreamt a dozen or so times. In my non-lucid dreams nothing bad ever happens to me, I don't have nightmares I always have some sort of control.

Also, what you want to do is train your mind to recognize strangeness, and realize you are dreaming. Don't focus on the dreaming part, shove it to the back of your mind. If you focus on the fact you are dreaming, you will wake up. Dont panic, stay calm. Clear your mind of wants and desires. If you want something you have to imagine it and keep it semi-realistic ie. Things appearing out of nowhere might cause you to wake up.

Imagine a car you want around the corner, imagine yourself going around the corner, grab the keys out of our pocket, imagine yourself in the car. Drive it

Steps like that
>>
>>17766217
Writing down dreams trains your dream memory like a muscle, there's one more benefit of keeping dream journal though. After writing down dozens of dreams by re-reading them you will be able to find something common that occurs during dreams. That is dream sign. If you find dream sign then you should perform reality check whenever it pops up in reality. But if you find dream sign that only can occur in bizzare world called dreams then you use mild technique for it.
>>
>>17766274
I didn't emphasis enough on controlling your dreams even when not lucid dreaming. This will allow your unconscious mind to more easily recognize strangeness.

YOU ARE THE CONTROLLER OF YOUR OWN MIND GODDAMNIT! AND BY FUCK IF YOU LET ANYTHING HURT YOU IN THERE!

That's essentially my opinion on my dreams, seems to work for me.

Also, recognizing strangeness is essential and hard to explain. It just happens sometimes. I find when I'm laying on my back, even as possible (but don't stress over it, that won't help) changes my control over the dream a bit
>>
have a dream journal. seriously. even if it's not a lucid dream, you have these super long awesome dreams because you can recall them much better. I used to barely remember them, I'm having 2-3 very vivid ones a night now.
>>
>>17766293
Also keeping dream journal by itself can result in regular lucid dreams aswell, there's theory that by remembering all dreams vividly makes your brain used to being aware in dream state and awareness equals lucidity
>>
For actual results: Cut off the circulation to a limb during sleep, arm under pillow works best. You will realize that your arm is ded sometime during the dream and gain control.

Also do not do this because you could lose a fucking arm.
I just accidentally sleep like this all the time and am relaying the information.
>>
>>17766275

Yeah I have one but it does shit, for example, a lot of my dreams have this unnatural dark sky with no stars and clouds, as if there was just painted jet black, yet I still cant control my dream even after realizing dis, since my dreams are like movies where I have to sit down adn see what happens next.

I guess i need to play more videogames, maybe I watch 2 many movies.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.