[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have we been plugged in all along?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 5e56aae9_The-Matrix-Neo.jpg (72KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
5e56aae9_The-Matrix-Neo.jpg
72KB, 600x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KK_kzrJPS8

I always heard that if we ever create the technology to create a Matrix like simulation, we could already be in one. Has our entire history been a computer game?
>>
File: Saturnmatrix.jpg (63KB, 476x616px) Image search: [Google]
Saturnmatrix.jpg
63KB, 476x616px
>>17763143
inb4 "Better take ur meds" - Shills on here
>>
>>17763143
If we assume quantum computing is possible and that we can arrive at a unified equation to emulate physics, then it would follow that a quantum computer can emulate reality.

It would also be possible for a quantum computer in said emulated reality to emulate reality again, and a quantum computer in that reality, etc., etc.

If there are X possible emulations before it is no longer possible to continue creating realities (due to limitations of the "real" computer), then the chance that we live in the "highest" reality is 1/X

It's not really a "Matrix-like" simulation, simulation implies shortcuts and the idea in The Matrix is that the brains and bodies of the people are real and organic, existent in the "real world." The idea here is that reality is perfectly emulated to the point where it is indistinguishable from the real thing, and that the human brains and bodies inside are products of/part of the emulation as opposed to being "plugged in."
>>
>>17763180

You and the simulation are one,
You and the universe are one,

Fuck the hippies were right!
>>
File: 14557.png (872KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
14557.png
872KB, 800x800px
>>17763180
My problem with this idea is that it assumes that the original universe that our emulated universe is based on is functionally the same as the simulated one. There is no reason to assume that the laws of the universe in our simulation are directly based on the real reality.
>>
>>17763234
If you got to the very bottom you will find mathematics, logic dictates that any sensible universe is based on mathematics, whatever you see is a educated guess based in mathematics,
1 and 0 , exist or not , Infinit and one , dualism is engraved in reality or in this case binary is ingrained in the fabric of our reality
>>
>>17763143
There's way too much details in the real world to be just a simulation
>>
>>17763234
There are 48 laws we are subject to being so far from the Absolute where all is One.
>>
>>17763252

But how do you know?
The real world could be simpler
and the simulation way more complex that you could imagine.
How to tell ?
>>
>>17763143

Everything is simulation

Atoms and enegery and everything is simulate eachother to work

its how life works

>Are we in some fat neckbeard aliens computer game

No
>>
>>17763258
Link to the laws please?
Or is the grenes book?
>>
>>17763249
If you "go to the very bottom" you're only going to the very bottom of our simulation specifically.
>>
>>17763273
Sure desu.
>http://www.ardue.org.uk/university/intro/octave.html
>>
>>17763234
Uhh...you don't really understand the concept of emulation, do you?
>>
File: One.png (243KB, 596x625px) Image search: [Google]
One.png
243KB, 596x625px
>>17763275

Can you tink in something beyond that?
Binary is the principle of creation
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nlbro2MNBs
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3UxvycpqYo
>>
>>17763267

I like this :)
Seems to be fundamental to multilayer, multi player
The universe can influence you and you can influence the universe.
True interactive action.
>>
>>17763295
I meant to say simulated, not emulated
>>
So if we're in the matrix...
And we build another matrix in the matrix...
Where does that leave us?
A perpetual cycle of unplugging from different realities?

My biggest problem with the movie was that when neo woke up from his astroglide tub he could walk and shit.

If it were real is skin would tear and he'd have no muscle or bone density.
A sack of mushy noodle bones.

Who is to say you'd look like you're irl body?

Matrix is a cool concept but it's a euphemism for something else.
>>
>>17763474
No, you're misunderstanding.

The theory is not that we are "real" minds plugged into the simulation.

The idea is that we are simulated minds.
>>
>>17763143
Because of the hard philosophic problem of Solipsism, you will never know.
>>
>>17765666
hahahahaaaaaaa
>>
>>17763143
>Has our entire history been a computer game?
Very likely.

And the pixel size is the Planck Length.

And the timestep for the Discrete Event Simulation is the Planck Time.

That's all you get.
>>
>>17765666
>at least one version of you will never know
FTFY
>>
File: ghost_trick_spoiler.jpg (127KB, 600x682px) Image search: [Google]
ghost_trick_spoiler.jpg
127KB, 600x682px
Oh noes but the govnmnt gives me Twinkies and celebrities to watch and Jesus to keep me from being dead. It's totally real.
>>
>>17763143
If the size of the universe is X, and X contents an amount of information.
If you use a part of the universe (a computer) to represent the universe, this part is smaller that the full universe so you can't represent the universe the same way it is.
Then if the simulation is incomplete there is no reason to think that represented universe is going to work the same way as ours.
>>
>>17763143
What if the 'real' world is a paradise and the sinners from that world were all placed in the reality we know as now.
We are all sinners in a simulation to make us suffer, witness death, financial struggle and political corruption.
>>
>>17763143
>Movie from 17 years ago asks this question
>Nobody bats an eye, because who gives a shit
>Guy says the same thing backed by obvious arguments
>Everyone doubts their existence
Why? Why should we care? Why is this new to people? How would this simulation theory even affect our lives? It's not like we can do anything against it.

There's a chance that the entire universe is filled with life that started before ours, and that there's a vastly superior and much more advanced race of aleins just waiting to find us. There's also a chance that we are the first. There's a chance we are that superior race of aleins who will be going to search for primitive life out there.
Just the same, we could be 5 levels deep inside a computer simulation, or we could be the first to develop the hyper-realistic video game where you can simulate whole lives. I'll go with being in the real world, planning to create the first simulation.
>>
>>17763143
>>17766067
Basically this. It's an interesting proposal but you're still as 'real' as you've ever been, really. All that exists at the baseline is perception anyway.
>>
>>17763795
This
We're are not in a simulation
We are the simulation.
Learn to overcome it.
>>
File: everrsingleone.png (316KB, 570x530px) Image search: [Google]
everrsingleone.png
316KB, 570x530px
The ancient hermetic mystery schools of the west AND the ancient eastern mystics both taught that reality is mind, and not the opposite.

The fact that that line of thinking is so diametrically opposed to intuitive thinking (i.e. that the mind exists within reality) should make all of us reconsider what exactly the ancients knew and why we somehow forgot all of it.

As to why it's important: it should be certain that you can't change something if you don't have the faintest idea how it operates. To all of you saying that it doesn't matter, I would say that it really does if you mean to ever influence the course of your own life.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>17763252
No
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.