[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if it were possible, how would we do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: V-H-S-2_Poster[1].jpg (77KB, 400x593px) Image search: [Google]
V-H-S-2_Poster[1].jpg
77KB, 400x593px
In V/H/S there are these recordings of paranormal events that, in turn, seem to provoke paranormal events... or at least dramatically affect the people that watch them. Now obviously the movies were just movies... uneven in quality, just a bunch of fun with blood and boobs.

BUT here's my question: if it were possible to create a video that affects anyone who watches it, in a real, no-going-back kind of way, what would it take?

Is it possible to use a combination of chanting, hypnotic and subliminal imagery, strobes, binaurals... I mean... if we really worked at it, applied all of our occult knowledge, could we create a video that would stand alone as something that (at least psychologically!) affects people in some specific way?
>>
>>17761088
hidden audios and images on the clip or video or tv show
>>
>>17761088
something you need to reverse it to understand it
>>
>>17761088
>what would it take?
Let me explain why this can never work the way you imagine it could.

Does it work on a five year old?
>>
File: 154736_254x191[1].jpg (7KB, 254x191px) Image search: [Google]
154736_254x191[1].jpg
7KB, 254x191px
Special stories.
>>
File: MOH+CB+5.jpg (111KB, 598x896px) Image search: [Google]
MOH+CB+5.jpg
111KB, 598x896px
>>17761088
> possible to create a video that affects anyone who watches it, in a real, no-going-back kind of way

Millennials have never seen John Carpenter's "Cigarette Burns" ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0643109/
>>
>>17761094
>>17761106
Do these actually do anything?
>>
>>17761116
The premise of this thread is if it were possible... kinda missing the point then aren't we?

>>17761120
Missed that one. What was it about the movie that made people insane?
>>
>>17761543
>What was it about the movie that made people insane?

As I recall it made you extremely sad, I'd say more but don't want to spoil it if you've not seen it. It's a fairly short film, 59 minutes to be exact. Give it a shot. It's a classic, very old school, but still good.
>>
>>17761088
Sound like a similar idea to Sad Satan.
>>
>>17761088
>recordings of paranormal events seem to provoke paranormal events

Isn't it the plot of the retarded third film? Because I don't think that was a thing in the first too.,
>>
>>17761088

Look for the "hades gates"

100% spoofs grantee
>>
>>17761088
I think so.

That's question I made myself before.

Subliminal messages work, intense change of light and dark, you can trigger photosensitive epilepsy.

Binauralbeats affect the limbic system, lower frequencies can have negative effects.

Sadness can be triggeres like the Carpenter movie, there's even some attempts at this by some militaries.

Most it's keep under wraps.

There's triggers for religious states of mind.

Lot's of stuff, it's completly unethical but not impossible.
>>
>>17761543
>if it were possible
If it were possible, it would require people to be born with the cultural knowledge of a ten year old. What did you want to hear?
>>
>>17761088
watch at your own risk OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZLuJwwnGpU
>>
>>17761621
It was the implied plot of the second... watch enough videos and you then become capable of paranormal shit. You'll notice in the one about the cult they made a point of recording everything, implying they might have been video collectors themselves making their own little movie to leverage the phenomena, etc...
>>
>>17761667
I think you're presupposing that all horror and manipulation is contextual. Your assumptions are a bit random, unfounded, unproductive...
>>
>>17763025
Holy shit I only saw the movie once a long time ago and never though of the cult people recording it for that purpose. It makes sense. Could had even be more VHS's
>>
>>17763049
Yeah it's neat. Plus this notion of how a lot of the videos are clearly edited together from multiple digital cameras, but then transcoded to VHS tapes... implies purpose and design to their creation. The guy talking to the camera who blows his own face off kind of implies a lot of this but his audio is always quiet or cut off.
>>
File: nge schizophrenia.gif (618KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
nge schizophrenia.gif
618KB, 400x300px
>>17761088
>BUT here's my question: if it were possible to create a video that affects anyone who watches it, in a real, no-going-back kind of way, what would it take?
I know such a thing, actually
>>
>>17763025
The cult records everything only to explain why there's found footage.

If watching paranormal videos caused paranormal activity, the only way the movies would imply it is if there's something paranormal going in the filler between segments. And I thought the filler in the second movie was essentially a repeat of the filler from the first. What they think is an unoccupied house really isn't.
>>
File: CB+angel[1].jpg (13KB, 640x355px) Image search: [Google]
CB+angel[1].jpg
13KB, 640x355px
>>17761120
>>17761607
Did some hunting for it today... pir8 sources were a no-go, Netflix came up empty, but then I found a copy on Vimeo of all places.
https://vimeo.com/44701492

Worth the hunt. I mean, I don't believe I'll be able to actually use it as a methodology for inspiring behavior per se since... well... :) But anyway I really did enjoy it, thank you.
>>
>>17764346
>such a thing, actually
You'd better not be referring to that GIF attached to your post...
>>
>>17764641
Glad you enjoyed it.
>>
>>17761631
I've been looking, can't find a reference to it... not listed in IMDB, no preview anywhere, Google just spits out a lot of i-doser references (lol), pir8 coming up empty... just a lame joke then?
>>
>>17761088

You're basically asking 'how do we create a great work of art/philosophy and make it into a film.'

Well, it's more complicated than throwing together some pop-occultism.
>>
>>17764846
Kinda. Maybe then the question is- what hasn't been done yet?
>>
>>17764641
Much appreciated for the link, friendo
>>
Movies and stories about video that changed people:
V/H/S, V/H/S 2, V/H/S Viral
Ring, Ring 2, Ringu, Rings, etc...
Cigarette Burns
In The Mouth of Madness
The creepypasta surrounding "The Grifter"
A Clockwork Orange

.....um.... help me out guys I'm drawing a blank..... there has to me more
>>
>>17761088
randy prozac
>>
>>17764655
Hades gates it's actually Idoser it's said to be the more strong binaural sound of all idoser files togheter with hand of God it's said it will make you insane and shit like this
>>
>>17761088
CIA pls, stahp
>>
>>17766008
>randy prozac
k I started watching it a bit... I mean he starts off by saying he wants to "destroy the subconscious" which is great but then it's just generic anti-materialism manifesto... but I'm only a few minutes in. I'll give it a shot.

For the curious:
https://youtu.be/bdQHTGBylQs

>>17766014
Actually that's interesting... I remember having this and ... hmm. Yes it was partially expectation but there was something else at play there too. I need to revisit these i-doser files... do you remember what the trick was to convert them to normal bwgen files?
>>
You know "Cigarette Burns" got me thinking...

The one character said that we as an audience experience a combination of trust and cynicism... we dare the director to horrify us or fill us with glee. We defy him to try. And at the same time we trust that if we cooperate, he will do so in a way that we can handle.

And maybe it's that tightrope of when we'll grant that trust and when that trust is betrayed, but in a way where we don't even realize we've been betrayed until some time after the movie is over...

... I feel like I've experienced this before. Some moment of betrayal after a movie was over, maybe a few days later, when I realize I was duped... it's on the tip of my tongue...

Likewise with ritual there's an agreement to be complicit in something we would normally not participate in. Rocky Horror has audiences dressing bizarrely and dancing in public and throwing things and yelling in theaters and it's all perfectly fine.

Ritual... tradition... "this is an exception, just this one time it's okay"... I feel like I'm just on the very edge of something I can't quite...
>>
>>17766077
This was an important moment in the Randy Prozac thing:
https://youtu.be/bdQHTGBylQs?t=6m29s

So it's all "behold the oppression, people are constantly trying to control you" and we as an audience are like "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah shutup..."

And then this lady gets on and calls him a terrorist and says he probably kills people because he keeps pointing out the bad things the government is doing. She doesn't question the fact that they ARE doing these things, just that we shouldn't talk about it, and talking about it is terrorism. And then it's like... oh crap...
>>
>>17766077
I remember downloading a torrent full of dosers files that you just add to the app itself and it give you like a premium access to all files even Hades gates and hand of god
>>
>>17761088
the third movie was terrible.
>>
>>17766167
Yeah I was disappointed... kinda felt rushed, like they only had a rough idea of what they were going to do and then they just went out and shot whatever.
>>
>>17766164
check it: https://github.com/brainbang/sbagen_idoser
>>
>>17761651
This guy, worth looking into the science of it. I used to use CoolEditPro back in the day, it had a "brainwave Synchroniser" effect on it (if I remember correctly) that worked on binaural principles.

I've had some ok results knocking shit up using
http://www.mvgen.com

and the cutting it up and adding my own audio using windows movie maker (which is shit).

If you need audio, hit me up.
>>
>>17761116
Ever see a 5 year old screaming for a toy on tv?
>>
>>17766284
>http://www.mvgen.com
Fascinating tech.

I like to use Gnaural and Sbagen for my binaural tracks and then just mix in Audacity but definitely thanks for the tip.

Also, this is a goldmine: https://github.com/brainbang/sbagen_idoser
>>
>>17766077
hhahahhah he using youtube use snetimental
>>
>>17767205
yputubes audio ruins it
>>
>>17761120
>Millennials have never seen John Carpenter's "Cigarette Burns" ?
Cigarette Burns was made in 2005, way after millennials were born.
>>
File: 1452289324839.jpg (98KB, 970x666px) Image search: [Google]
1452289324839.jpg
98KB, 970x666px
>>17767323
>Thinks everyone has seen every movie made after the date of their birth.

OTOH all Millennials actually do is watch TV, play video games, and fap so Anon may be on to something.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.