[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paranoia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

File: paranoia_1.jpg (108KB, 670x234px) Image search: [Google]
paranoia_1.jpg
108KB, 670x234px
Anyone else out there get extremely paranoid for no good reason throughout the day? How do you stop it?
>>
File: 145046724667.jpg (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
145046724667.jpg
16KB, 500x500px
>>17757909
i dont.. but i know that feel too well. im super paranoid when im outside, see a car? wonder if the car is going to crash into me. see some person walk the same street? they probably want to kill me.

i hate it its very stressfull
>>
File: 1452870465746s.jpg (7KB, 250x176px) Image search: [Google]
1452870465746s.jpg
7KB, 250x176px
Yes.

Treat the underlying mental illness.
>>
>>17757917
I have those same exact thoughts, but as a psychopath I just kind of brush them off with no emotional reaction whatsoever. I don't know why it should be stressful to be aware of life-threatening possibilities. Guess it's just another side-effect of having no self-preservation instincts.
>>
>>17757944
Are you sure you're a psychopath? So you could for example take a baby dog or kitten and crush their head with a stone without feeling a bit?
>>
File: smile-pic-19.jpg (118KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
smile-pic-19.jpg
118KB, 500x341px
>>17757917
I use to feel the same way. When walking down the street I would sometimes hurry because I was afraid someone would shoot me out their window or the oncoming car would hit me.

Whenever planes flew overhead while I was sleeping at night I would always awake in a heartpounding panic because I thought they were going to drop a bomb. This persisted for years.

I use to have to check the locks on the house 14 times a night.
Lastly I was afraid to talk about positive things in my life because I thought that would surely mean those things would come to an end.
>>
>>17757987
How did you manage to get rid of it?
>>
>>17757965
Well I might feel bad while doing it, but beyond that, no. As a kid I used to get really mad and try to hold a grudge for as long as possible and I never could. It just wasn't in me to care that long.
>>
>>17757999
bamb
>>
>>17757999
I'm not really sure honestly. I had a mental breakdown after some rough times and for a while there I really went off the deep end.

Over time I just gradually changed as a person and became more stabilized.
I once heard that a peaceful and steady life is the only kind of life which can be maintained.
Anything else is temporary.
>>
File: 2 spooky 2.gif (873KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
2 spooky 2.gif
873KB, 400x226px
Everyone who has their phone out is recording me. They work for the CIA. Friends and strangers alike. It's terrible
>>
Meditation and mindfullness is my suggestion. Google is your friend.
>>
>>17757999
In other words if you keep living you'll grow up one day senpai

Even John Nash lost his schizophrenia after 30 something years of mind melting delusions
>>
>>17760751
wait wtf 4chan autocorrects to senpai?
>>
>>17760733
What if that's not actually the method they use?
>>
>>17760724
Nice advice. Would you say that you'd have gotten better if you hadn't hit rock bottom at some point?
>>
I'm not allowed to post from a mobile device what I'd prefer to put up.
>>
File: EdSnowden-Happy.png (235KB, 671x376px) Image search: [Google]
EdSnowden-Happy.png
235KB, 671x376px
>>17760733
No, no, dude, the CIA just USES your friend's phones to listen to you, your friends aren't like, getting paychecks from the CIA or anything...

The CIA is actually a very small organization, they just use technology to listen in, but so does everybody.
>>
>>17757909
I have, it makes me hear things that aren't actually there and when I turn off the lights and look into the darkness I see strange figures, and every time before I enter a room in the middle of the night I feel like something is on the other side, ready to get me.

I very much doubt I have any illnesses, just paranoia.
>>
>>17761466
Most of the time I try to brush it off as if it was just in my head, and sometimes I just stare back, when I was 10 however, I would see a figure in the dark and try to interact with it positively to somehow convince it to not kill me, of course the figures didn't exist so people around me thought I was crazy.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>17757909
Yes, actually it's a very common disorder. It's called being a normal person, alot of people have it believe it or not! A total of 7.125 billion people have been diagnosed with it.
>>
>>17757965
Psychopath here.

>inb4 edgy faggot

Also identify with chronic low-grade paranoia and overall lack of giving a shit. But one thing that has always pissed me off is animal cruelty.

I can watch a clip of a person getting brutally murdered and think nothing more than "neat" or "that was interesting." Some animal cruelty shit though will have me mad.
>>
>>17757944
>>17761506
>psychopath
I am pretty desensitized to even extreme gore (although videos with sound make me cringe immensely) but I don't consider myself a psychopath
Are you self diagnosed, cause I am sure some of the symptoms of autism parallel with psychopathy?
In all seriousness why do you say you guys are psychopaths, cause if it is self diagnosed you are tumblr tier snowflakes
>>
>>17757909

Just try metta meditation anon
>>17761560

Some are
Some got clinical diagnosis
others are just rude ass hole's
But 4chan.org in general is being know for being a hive mind of sociopaths ,autism and just plain crazy.
If someone is saying is a sociopath doesn't mean anything if you believe him or not , this is a anonimus image board.
No glory no fame .
>>
>>17761506
Animals can't defend themselves. Original psycho here, I wasn't saying I'd be comfortable with killing an animal. It just wouldn't hurt afterwards. I'm not fond of animal cruelty either. I associate it with sociopaths rather than psychopaths.
>>17761560
>some of the symptoms of autism
I'd have people tell me that lack of empathy is an autism thing, but I absolutely don't have autism. I can understand emotional cues and react perfectly fine as I see fit. Autism is when your lack of empathy makes it hard to interact with society.

I did self-diagnose, but not from a trait or two. The entire trait list for primary psychopathy applies to me, on up to stress immunity. I've heard OCD can self-diagnose and I suspect psychopaths can too.

>tumblr tier snowflakes
That's perfectly fine. If you can't believe me, that's your problem. When you've experienced a lifetime without stress and any form of affective empathy, give me a call. We'll have a lot to talk about and you might even have a reference frame to understand my experience in healing my condition.
>>
>>17761604
>I've had people tell me

Lack of cognitive biases is one of the traits, by the way. I don't think I'm a psychopath because I want to think that or because I'm a greenhorn with medical student's disease. I think it because the entire trait list applies 1:1. I was able to identify traits in myself by understanding how psychologists interpret the trait list. Inability to form life plans, for example. I always thought I had that ability, but I'd never seriously thought about it. I only realized that I plan in a completely different way than others because the trait list for primary psychopathy brought it to my attention.

The REASON we can't form life plans is because it's so intuitively obvious to us that society can handle the cost of keeping us alive that we don't bother planning for how to survive. A lot of our stress immunity probably comes from that, too. It's not that we try to be manipulative or anything, we just know from experience that life isn't hard. Why the fuck would I plan a life when society already keeps me alive through family and welfare and etc.? If push ever comes to shove, that's when I'd form a life plan.

Psychopathy is a chronic state of calm not unlike enlightenment. It's not that I can't care about things, but I don't see the goddamn point of trying to care more than my basic instincts cause me to care. From what I've read of zen Buddhism, I'm not wrong in that philosophy.
>>
>>17761624
It's not that simple, you know, the traits you described can be socially modified, you can a socially created sociopath instead of a neurological one.

When you read quotes by serial killers you can almost feel that loneliness and sadness that doesn't come from the lack of empathy, but instead, from a genuine incapacity to help themselves.
>>
>>17761672
>the traits you described
Absolutely. If it were just one or two traits then I'd have gotten over the psychopathy thing ages ago. It wasn't. It was every single trait on the primary psychopathy diagnostic checklist.
>>
Psychopaths (serial killers) are infamous for abusing animals before starting with humans. People treating animals poorly is a big sign for that.

Yet, all you special snowflake psychopaths totally care about animals or dislike animal abuse.
>>
>>17761830
>Psychopaths (serial killers)
Look it up, nimrod. Clinical psychopathy isn't just about being a serial killer. The traits they found in serial killers exist in far many more demographics than serial killers and murderers and the like. The tendency to harm small animals is more of a sociopath thing than a psychopath thing, though the literature doesn't know how to distinguish the two yet. Suffice to say it's definitely NOT a trait that all *CLINICAL* psychopaths come with.

Read up on this shit before you parrot off your popular media rumor-style misunderstandings.
>>
>>17761883
>calling random people nimrod

Is that a sign of autism or psychopathy?
>>
>>17761913
It's a sign that you're a dipshit. Learn to take an insult.
>>
>>17761918
Ok, so you're autistic too.
>>
File: 1443747397694.jpg (151KB, 858x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1443747397694.jpg
151KB, 858x1088px
>>17757909
Yes. Very much yes. I get even more paranoid at night, especially when I'm turning all the lights off in my apartment and getting into bed. Most of the time I'll pretty much sprint into my bedroom after turning the last light off. Even though I always have most of the windows covered with blankets, I still feel like someone is there, either right behind me or looking through my windows. It always feels that someone/something/some organization is watching me, waiting for me to put myself into a vulnerable potion, waiting for me to move the blankets and look through the window, waiting for me turn around and look behind me, just to see them standing right there, concentrating solely on my discomfort.
>>
>>17761954
Imagine if they actually were though.
>>
If you are not paranoid you're crazy.

There are cabals of all shapes and sizes EVERYWHERE

monitoring EVERYTHING
ALL THE TIME
>>
File: Qu5THwv.jpg (383KB, 1439x1547px) Image search: [Google]
Qu5THwv.jpg
383KB, 1439x1547px
>>17761954
Oh, looks like I forgot to answer your second question, OP.
I posted a thread similar to this one about a week ago, and the absolute best answer to my question of overcoming paranoia was
"Breath. Never forget to breathe."

>>17762010
That's what makes me scared.

>>17761954
>vulnerable potion
I meant position.
>>
>>17762017
>cabals of all shapes and sizes
Those are called people. Cabals are something else.
>>
>>17761954
>It always feels that someone/something/some organization is watching me

I read organization as 'orangutan'. I need to get some sleep.
>>
>>17762037
>breathe
Can't go wrong with breathing.
>what makes me scared
The idea alone scares you?
>>
>>17760733
I'm not trying to scare you...
That shit from batman is real
>>
File: 1443685588737.jpg (240KB, 800x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1443685588737.jpg
240KB, 800x1216px
>>17762103
>The idea alone scares you?
Of course it does. Imagine you, just sitting there, minding your own business. You turn around and someone/something/some organization (secret cameras and such) is just there, staring straight at you, straight into your soul, exposing your fears, insecurities, and discomfort straight into the world or some kind of central database. Doesn't that scare the fuck out of you? The idea that someone/something/some organization is watching you 24/7, never keeping their eyes off you. It scares me tons. And it's honestly started to really affect me. Nothing helps. All I can do is blast music, cover the windows, and keep the lights on.

It makes it even worse when you actually believe that something like that is happening.
>>
>>17762136
>straight into the world
Not scary.
>or some kind of central database
Now THAT would be unnerving.

Either way it doesn't scare me for whatever reason.
>>
I do stuff to take my mind off everything. Mostly Tetris n Xfiles. But if I don't have those I just gotta deal with it.
>>
>>17757909
>for no good reason
>spends all day on /x/
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.