[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 178721303.jpg (2MB, 3262x2000px) Image search: [Google]
178721303.jpg
2MB, 3262x2000px
when i lay in bed, sometimes i think about the fact that i, as a being, am stuck in the eternity of time.

even if life, feelings, persception and thoughts end with your life, the thought of neverending non-existence scares me. it's really the only thought that makes me panic and doesn't let me sleep for a while till i forget it.

does somebody else have this?

and another question: are there any good movies about this topic?

the only thing i remember is one of the Hellraiser films where, in the end of the movie the main protagonist gets stuck in a neverending circle where he wakes up at a spot and if he dies, he wakes up again at the same spot for eternity. this is the worst kind of hell in my opinion.

(English is not my mother tongue, please be kind)
>>
R u high lmao
>>
Bump, very interesting
>>
>>17753570
Existing can be ok as long as its not neverending torment.
>>
That's just cosmic horror settling into your brain. You get used to it eventually.
>>
yes. it's the only thing that really terrifies me, despite knowing that i won't be there to experience it. why?

i think there was one episode of black mirror that was kind of like what you described - i forget which. but the whole series has like 6 standalone episodes and the ones ive seen were sort of /x/ so try it
>>
>>17753609
Dear OP,

Anyone that tells you that things get better is a liar.
>>
>>17753699
This. Everything works out in the end, but this isn't the end. Usually you're stuck in the middle, where everything is shit and you have to fix it all yourself.
>>
>>17753570
I don't know about you, but the recent increase in the number of threads like these is very interesting to watch.
I've been having that "feel" for quite some time now...
More people should feel the same way to reach that critical mass.
>>
>>17753570
Movies, you say well:
-Triangle
-Mr. Nobody
-The Fountain
-Tree of life
-Edge of tomorrow (if you haven't already)

There were more, but I forgot. All of them will satisfy you without a doubt.
>>
I have anxiety attacks sometimes about this same idea so I try not to think about my own death at all
>>
>>17753570

Why would nonexistence scare someone? Doesn't make sense.
>>
>>17753682
just asking because no one agreed with me yet.
i'm gonna check out the episode.

>>17753743
have heard of most of these movies, but didn't know what they're about. thx
>>
File: god.jpg (94KB, 960x871px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
94KB, 960x871px
When I was young, maybe 7 or 8, I used to have night terrors and the main concept that drove me to near panic attacks was that of infinity. I used to have to go sleep on the floor next to my parents bed because I couldn't cope with being alone with my thoughts.

Usually at night I had to listen to the radio or have some kind of stimulus to distract my mind in order to fall asleep, but I'm glad now that those concepts freaked me out so early on in life because I've had years to digest it and think about it.

I really do believe we're stuck in some form of infinity that is beyond our individual human understanding, but also that this cycle includes never ending forms of forgetting and remembering, and the reminder that the only thing that truly exists is the now really comforts me.

I did mushrooms recently and had what felt like a memory that I was the only being in existence and every living thing is me broken up into infinite forms in order to distract from the one truth that We/I/You are floating in eternal nothingness and at first it really freaked me out and I thought I should kill myself to find out the truth.

Yet after a while, this thought became comforting to me. It means there's no reason to fear anything because any source of fear is just a game to keep things interesting. Also the illusion of separation is so perfect that I/We/You will probably never need to experience that feeling of obliterating isolation because our simple being is so enormous, all encompassing, and paradoxical that our current human minds can't even fathom the complexity, proving that this game of life really is an effective solution of an alternative to floating endlessly in isolation. Yet, the theory of us all being God using the physical universe and life forms as a way to distract itself would have to be true first, and I don't even fully believe that, so really there's no reason to feel anxiety unless you WANT to. That's what I've personally learned anyway.

Sorry to ramble.
>>
>>17753812

Sorry for rambling:

tl;dr - infinity probably is real and you reading this are probably God broken into an unfathomable small fraction of itself in order to distract from isolation of being the only being in existence, but it's okay because we're in a perfect cycle of death and rebirth, forgetting and remembering, creating and destroying.
>>
>>17753570

Death isn't a place, it's an idea. Its human thought formed from the ideas of Infinity. We, at this time, cannot comprehend death except as the end of our consciousness. The world has been built up on billions of thoughts, sometimes they last forever like God, or sometimes they last a couple years like "why should I listen to you? You're not me." Its up to you to create an omnipresent thought to change the world of thoughts, live with yours and others thoughts, or end all thought. Either way it's always about finding satisfaction with your thoughts. Change, Remain, Escape.
>>
>>17753807
No problem, bud.
And I'll check out Hellraiser. Never watched any of them.
>>
File: 429.jpg (30KB, 650x680px) Image search: [Google]
429.jpg
30KB, 650x680px
There's this theory where our destiny is predicted, our decisions, our thoughts.
Consists in that if they'd know all the variables at the moment of the big bang we'd know with precision everything what's going to happen.
Although it's in open debate whether our universe is deterministic or not, it is to be discovered.

Then if it's like that from the beginning of this universe we are kind of preprogrammed. Then what happened to the rest of billions of years that we were supposed to be switched off, there weren't other lives we've lived? and if there were then where are we going?

everything repeats to infinity or if everything's predicted then also it's destined that the cycle breaks or otherwise a paradox happens which get us out from this endless cycle assuming we are in one.

If so, and we reincarnate, religions aside, then there wouldn't be an endless non-existence, but a eternal prison where we'd be conscious of our own consciousness. In my opinion.

(English is not my native lenguage neither, excuse me if i made some mistake)
>>
>>17753570

you are not alone, I also have those feelings from long ago. That emptiness in the stomach, that feeling of fear. over the years you think will disappear, but when you least expect it, that idea back. I have no cure for that, I think we should just face that we are only one point in space and hope that the next time you think about that, not as fucked up as the last
>>
>>17753570
>even if life, feelings, persception and thoughts end with your life, the thought of neverending non-existence scares me. it's really the only thought that makes me panic and doesn't let me sleep for a while till i forget it.
Yeah, Me too.

That's why we need to start talking to each other. It's all so fragile, an it's so often so easily wasted.
>>
>>17753720
>>>17753570 (OP)
>I don't know about you, but the recent increase in the number of threads like these is very interesting to watch.
>I've been having that "feel" for quite some time now...
>More people should feel the same way to reach that critical mass.
Me too.

I just got in an argument with and lost my best friend whom I Loved more than anything, probably for life. And I don't think there's a way to get her back.
>>
>>17754413
>lost a friend
Same here.
Everyday I think about her. Everytime I do I feel as bad as bad can be. I do something to forget but it comes up all the time.

>>17753570
I have been "plagued" with very rough nightmares and sleep paralysis since I was very little. And I speak about being like 2 years old, maybe even before that.

What I came up with is "become unstuck". Because you say you experience yourself as "stuck".

The I that is stuck is not the eternal I.
Maybe you are here forever, but you only experience it in parts, one at a time.

Further down the road you may want to consider, that humanity is not around forever.
Your arising is conditioned. If there is no water then there are no fish. Maybe something else, and that is already all the difference in the world.

An idle mind is the devils workshop.
>>
>>17753570
I take comfort knowing that before I was born can only be considered an infinite time of non existence.
>>
Yo, OP, I feel you. The idea of existing forever scares the shit out of me, too, y'know, because forever is a mighty long time and the implications of such a long ass time... Damn, whatever, if I don't think about it it doesn't matter.
>>
HAHA DUDE

i used to get the same terror thinking of not existing after death
>>
Hey, time goes on with or without you. Why not be conscious while you're at it? If eternal existence is a thing after death, it's just BEING, not necessarily SUFFERING.

Would you like to be alive for a 100 years? Of course.
Would you like to be alive for a 1 000? You bet.
10 000? Bring it on!
Why not forever then? I don't understand the notion that just existing is so scary, can anyone explain to me why you're so sure the other side (death, loss of consciousness) is better than this one (life, being a conscious entity)? I understand it if you're a very passive, introverted and generally unhappy person that lacks initiative, but even if you are your ghost will be showering with pretty young girls in no time so just hang in there till you die.
>>
File: a_bunch_of_rocks.png (199KB, 675x1603px) Image search: [Google]
a_bunch_of_rocks.png
199KB, 675x1603px
I don't think eternal existence is such a bad thing.
>>
>>17760389
That reminds me of "The Immortal" by Jorge Luis Borges. It's basically about a guy who becomes immortal and then doesn't know what to do with his life except going on living. At some point he questions whether he himself invented the sun and the moon and the entire universe as a distraction, and just forgot about it.
>>
>>17760389
Blessed be the immortals with manic personalities and severe tunnel vision.
>>
I do not fear non-existance.

If that is our faith, there is no escape.
Even If I lived for a googleplex years, that time would eventually pass, no matter how long it would last.

Eventually, I would meet my faith.
If everybody is to meet this faith, it is nothing but normal to embrace it.
>>
>>17760300
existence is scary because it has no explanation.

all things that are simply must be. for they are, and are indeed, for they can be nothing else.
>>
File: 5.jpg (542KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
542KB, 2048x1536px
>>17753812
Good read.

Pretty much my way of thinking.

I had a moment in my life that I cant really explain. I kind of lost every attachment to logic, kind of like not thinking, forgetting everything, being nothing and all at the same time. Thats how it felt.

At first it freaked me out so much, I got really scared and just went to sleep. The next few months I began to realize what actually happened.

I realized that "I" am everything and nothing. That my "I" is just one part of the universe like anything else. It took some time to realize and embrace this, but now I'm alot less worried about things, I take stuff easy. Just let my life happen, the best way possible, death lost its scare factor (most of the times, well I need to be a bit scared of it as a human being).

Also sorry for rambling, and maybe my grammar. German here.

So I think that is what people call "awakened" or whatever. I cant put my head around it, it just kind of is that way now. Cant reverse it. I like it.
So my message to everybody, embrace everything. Dont fight feelings, let them happen. Even fear.
>>
Great thread
>>17760598
Infinity is infinitely larger than a googolplex or anything, infinity can never pass.
>>
>>17760708
I understand that. I should've put it this way: why is INFINITE EXISTENCE scary and FINITE EXISTENCE isn't? I know what infinite means and I know it never ends, but if you enjoy something for a little 100 year sample I'd say you'd probably enjoy it forever - when the only alternative is just total obliteration.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.