[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is satanism just the "edgier" version of gnosticism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 210px-Baphosimb.gif.png (14KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
210px-Baphosimb.gif.png
14KB, 210x210px
is satanism just the "edgier" version of gnosticism?
>>
>>17751238
Depends.

Do you consider Gnosticism "edgy" somehow as it is? If so, then no. If not, then maybe. Edgy isn't all that well defined, especially if you're going to say entire belief systems can be edgy.
>>
>>17751244
sorry, I should have said "evil" or "dark"
>>
Satanism is an alternative to the moral duality of the Abrahamic religions. The guy in charge of the underworld gets a bad rap nowadays, in ancient and classical pantheons they were seen as just guys doing their job... not good or bad.

Catholicism tells you God is great and Satan is evil. Satanism is more like God is great... but we're on earth right now so might as well live it up. A lot of modern Satanism revolves around hedonism, most members probably don't even own a kris.
>>
>>17751238
Satanists are just contrarians, coming up with whatever while envoking the name of Satan just to spite religious folk. It doesn't matter what they actually believe as long as it's part of some counter-culture.
>>
>>17751238
Its 93,33% people with real psycological problems trying to be edgy
and 6,66% fake written edgier shit that mixes lovecraft mythos with sumerian/hittite gods

As usual the scariest part is always the human
Wouldnt a flesh eating, spirit chanting congolese nigger pass as a satanist for you?
>>
>>17751251
Again, "Evil" and "Dark" are not well defined.
>>
>>17751413
No, but it's less muddy than "edgy." Gnosticism has a lot of neat parts that I'd deign to ever let be called "edgy."
>>
File: 1442983450547.jpg (138KB, 638x825px) Image search: [Google]
1442983450547.jpg
138KB, 638x825px
>>17751238
In the same sense that Protestantism is just the "edgier" version of Catholicism.
>>
Every real deep satanist I've met changes their tune real quick when they eventually meet their own personal Satan. Unless you're north euro and legit psychotic
>>
>>17751283
>Satanism is more like God is great...
What the fuck are you saying? a satanist would never think god is great.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.