[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think about Welcome to Night Vale?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: WTNV1.jpg (79KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
WTNV1.jpg
79KB, 1000x1000px
What does /x/ think about Welcome to Night Vale?
>>
Joke's on you, we don't think about it.
>>
And we dont speak about it
>>
i liked what i heard. should download the archive before they lock it behind a paywall
>>
I don't have the patience.

I wish I did though, honestly.
>>
discovered it on /x/, thought it was the greatest podcast ever, listened for a while, got sick of it, the story got lame, decided i outgrew it and stopped listening.
wen't back again last week cause they seemed desperate (episode notes like "IF YOU HAVEN'T LISTENED TO NIGHTVALE IN A WHILE, YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS") and it was refreshing and I kind of enjoyed it.
but there are better podcasts for fans of /x/ stuff.

The Black Tapes is great and so is TANIS.

I also like this vaguely /x/-related series "The Music of Mind Control" where they play and talk about music made by different cults performed either for or by followers.
>>
>>17749813
1st episode is best episode
>>
>>17749813
One of the litmus tests for SJW infection of pop culture.
>>
>>17750676
>>
>>17750687
>>
Haven't kept up with it but I've liked what I've heard. Good weird humor.
>>
From what I've heard of it I thought it tried too hard and told more than it could create atmosphere for to be properly creepy.

I think audio is highly inferior to writing and video for horror.
>>
>>17749813
I like it a lot. It can get a bit too silly at times but overall it's a good series. Does anyone know of more like it?
>>
Episode 1-20 are OK
20-44 SJW bullshit
45-50 Plot & Finale
50 ---> goes downhill until ep72 where it starts to go into darker stuff again.

It gets really cringy and full of SJW crap but there is 2 main authors and when the non-sjw is doing his own episode it ends up being really well written.
>>
File: 0PMYzqa.jpg (348KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0PMYzqa.jpg
348KB, 1920x1080px
>>17752567
Also, have a pape.
>>
>>17752567
thank you, turns out episode 72 was the one i listened to that made me think it could be getting better again.

also just wanted to plug "Mysterious Matters: Intriguing conversations with Experts & Experiencers of Paranormal Phenomena – Paranormal Podcast" (previously known as Bob Bain's The Farside but he changed it cause he doesn't understand what trademarks are).
This podcast is hilarious. The host is a southern guy who was clearly brought up with shallow, fundamentalist-christian views which he seems to never have questioned until starting the podcast.
He gets guests who are self-proclaimed experts in various /x/-related fields (alien abductees, metaphysics types, serious religious scholars, a couple who believe they share a polyamorous relationship with Vlad the Impaler's ghost, Whitley Strieber was on there recently).
What I love about the show is how the host is so under-qualified to be doing these interviews. He rarely comprehends the ideas of his guests and it's always funny when they start to realize he isn't gonna get it but they're on this "radio" show so they better do their best to explain themselves.

Honestly I like hearing him talk about this stuff more than some pretentious millennial dicks who think they understand.

Bob Bain, if you're reading this, I love you man, you are doing good work and please keep it up!
>>
File: alien.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>17749813
Not paranormal enough.
Quality drops but the latest episodes (especially a return to the automated phone system) is good.
Fuck their SJW gay gay ECKS DEE ACCEPTANCE storylines but it's Tumblr-driven so there's not much to expect there.
>>
>>17752567
>2 main authors
THANK you.

For the longest time, I thought it was just me who didn't like the chick. She delivers her lines too quickly and sounds as if she can't wait to show you how weird she is.

I've been having to drive around a lot lately, so I've started it over. Forgot how good the earlier stuff was.

>>17749813
Listen to the first 25 episodes or so.
>>
Anyone hear of Mysterious Universe? They have a free podcast that i like and they also have a premium and a extension section of the regular podcast for premium members. Its like 10 bucks a month. I definitely think yall shouls check out the free podcast. Im paying for the premium and they deff got some good shit
>>
>>17753300
Are there any places where one could download seasons of this? I've been listening to the newest season and I like it, but I don't have the space on my phone to download all of it and the Mega Pack on their website is $99.
>>
File: 1455413971225.gif (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1455413971225.gif
32KB, 250x250px
Remember a while back when this one guy made a thread about how he was going to visit the US for the first time and was wondering if any of us knew where Night Vale was at because he wanted to go visit it?
>>
>>17753486
No idea dude where to get em for free but honestly anything paranormal is underreated and under payed. Get a subscription dude. Less and less people get into the paranormal professionally because therea no $$$ in it
>>
>>17753568
Fair enough. I'll definitely consider it.
>>
>>17753568
>$0.05 has been added to your account
>>
>>17749813
It's tumblr as fuck and therefore: cancer.
>>
Has anyone here been following Alice isn't Dead?
It's a newer podcast written by the same guy, and much better IMO. While we're only 6 episodes in, the podcast seems to be much darker than WTNV, and really hits that unsettling tone that Night Vale always gets close to but pulls away from at the last second.
>>
What are more /x/ related podcasts? I really like Stuff They Don't Want You To Know usually. Sometimes they don't go far enough in depth with the subject, but it's interesting none the less
>>
I thought it was kinda interesting for the first few episodes, guy had a relaxing voice. I don't think i got passed episode 10, it just became repetitive and cringey
>>
>>17750676
>>17752567
>>17753621
Haven't listened to it very much. What exactly makes it SJW?
>>
>>17754866
The two main characters are gay which leads to some cringe moments.
Most human characters arnt heterosexual.
After ep 20 of the series the main character adopts a SJW mindset and it gets really annoying.
>>
>>17754520
It's good but lacks content and structure. Like most episodes of nightvale contain stuff that is never going to be explained but Alice seems like it's far to unstructured. I havn't listened to ep6 tho
>>
>>17753182
The strangers episodes are pretty interesting and the ongoing "black planet of enormous size" plot line is by far the most interesting imo
>>
>>17755450
Is that plot line still going? Hadn't heard it since 'A Story About You'.
>>
>>17755468
Yeah they put it in ep 84 "past time"

>But, as she climbed up the top of the car, she heard a shot from just below her. And then she was lying on her back. She couldn’t remember why she had laid down. She saw, in the sky just above her, a dark planet of awesome size, lit by no sun. She didn’t know how she had not noticed it before. It was so close. An invisible titan, all thick black forests and jagged mountains and deep turbulent oceans.
>>
>>17752567
how true is this? i haven't listened to night vale since about 2013-2014, and it was around episode 30. i just lost interest in the series
>>
Liked the early episodes then it went full SJW
>>
>>17755707
Pretty accurate.
>>
>>17755369
Being gay is fine, it's when he gets preachy about shit like the russian with indian hat
>>
>>17755747
I honestly don't mind that they're gay but they shoehorn all their gay stuff into I'll fitted moments in the show.
>>
I like it. The Strex arc was fun.

You guys claiming its "SJW cancer" are overblowing it as much as Anita overblows how video games are "chauvanist women murder sims"
>>
>>17749813
It's ok. My only problem with it is that it relies in their quirky characters too much. It's like if every character in Twin Peaks was Cooper.
>>
>>17755918
Some of the episodes within the arc were great like 45,42 and 35. But some of the episodes were filler and had cringy diaglouge. Dont get me wrong, most of them were fine.
>>
its very epic and random! xD
>>
File: 1462781300972.jpg (55KB, 960x573px) Image search: [Google]
1462781300972.jpg
55KB, 960x573px
I like how Joseph Fink copied so much of the Night Vale aesthetic from Lovecraftian influences and then disavowed Lovecraft the moment the 'rayciss' meme got going.
>>
Archive 81, Limetown, and The Message are all shitloads better.
>>
File: 1455338373882.jpg (154KB, 600x793px) Image search: [Google]
1455338373882.jpg
154KB, 600x793px
>>17757514
Unfortunately, Cecil Baldwin is the only one with a tolerable voice. And that's only when he isn't cooing like a fucking tumblrina.
>>
>>17750637

You should listen to The Message as well
>>
>>17754520

I've been listening to it. I weirdly can't stop, but I'm not sure I really like it. It's a bit scattered
>>
>>17749813
It's ok. wish I would've listened and stayed out of the dog park.
>>
I honestly kind of liked the first couple episodes but then he started going on about the hot, smart new hispanic engineer or whatever he was completely gay for

dropped
>>
2 hours ago they released part 1 of the 4th year finale and it's the best episode I've ever heard. The voice acting was so on-point except for Francis didn't need to be so stop/start.
>>
>>17753235
I think your thinking of 2 different people there.
The two authors of Wtnv are Joseph Fink and Jeffery Cranor. And the person that narrates the end of each episode doesn't write any of the story. I was referring to Joseph Fink as the SJW author and Jeffery Cranor and the good author.
>>
>>17749951
It's always gonna be free. They love us.
>>
>>17754520
I listened to the first episode of alice isn't dead when they put it on the nightvale feed.
honestly seems like their attempt to prove their still cool after The Black Tapes showed them how kiddy WTNV is.

People, if you like Night Vale but are not a little kid anymore or if it's too SJWish, check out The Black Tapes and also TANIS
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.