[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird premonitions/coincidences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 623476275.jpg (171KB, 1280x620px) Image search: [Google]
623476275.jpg
171KB, 1280x620px
This year I've had a number of odd occurrences. I'm not sure if I would call them premonitions or coincidences. They've all happened via media

-Was watching a music channel, it was a show with hits from 1995 (year I was born), I had a weird feeling my favourite song was going to come on when I put the channel on (I never watch this channel), and sure enough the song started just as I put the channel on. The song also was released/peaked the charts on my birthday
-I read an episode about a tv show and when I watched the tv, that episode was on. I had a weird feeling it was going to be on before watching the tv
-Last night Futurama came on, I always remember the episode where Fry's dog waits for him which was sad. I had a feeling this was going to be the episode and turns out it was
>>
File: 1454254465007.jpg (78KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
1454254465007.jpg
78KB, 1000x669px
why is it all about tv?

no disrespect but none of this is useful to anyone
>>
>>17746962
I have no idea why its about TV. That's why its been weird for me. I don't watch much tv either, despite what I wrote in the OP may lead you to believe.

Its paranormal, I don't care if its not useful to you. Don't participate in the thread then
>>
>>17746969
ok
bye
>>
Interesting. Sounds like divination via media communication

>>17746962
>its not useful to me therefore its not interesting for anyone else
>>
When I was a kid I dreamed that I went to a FedEx at night with my mom, I waited in the cae and some shadowy figure in a trench coat and fedora type hat (like an old detective look, not a fedora fag) was starring at me from the darkness. Years later I did exactly that. The second she left the car the dream rushed back and I freaked out and looked around for the guy. He wasn't there, but it chilled me. I had a few more. One I dreamed going to the park with my two dogs, years before I had them.

Weird shit, guys.
>>
>>17747010
Also, I should say they've all happened through dreams, yet I only dream a few times a year. I can rarely remember the content of the dreams.
>>
>>17747010
that is odd, would have been even creepier if the hat guy was there
>>
>>17747152
Yeah. Don't remember what he's called but the shadowman that is supposedly a good omen matches the description.
>>
>>17746952

I don't know what the fuck you're going on about, but the picture you put up is a section of a great hike in Bryce. Good stuff.
>>
I dreamed about the Obi-Wan / Anakin fight scene in Episode 3 before it came out. Spooked me when I watched it
>>
>>17747178

the shadowy figure was you.
>>
File: 1.jpg (25KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25KB, 415x367px
>>17747938
Oh gosh I'm spooked now.
>>
>>17746952
>Watch stand up by Robin Williams
>same day Robin Williams dies
>listen to Heroes for the first time in years
>same day Bowie dies
>listen to Kiss for the first time in years
>same day Prince dies

I should stop consuming art made by old people.
>>
>>17748210
>I should stop consuming 'art' made by satan
Good.
>>
>>17748210
Test it. Listen to a bunch of Madonna. If she doesn't die, it's coincidence.
>>
>>17748210
whats kisses connection to prince? thats like saying I watched scarface and heath ledger died
>>
>>17748453
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sya0V6XZVRw
>>
>>17748464
ahh i thought you meant the band kiss
>>
>>17746969
i frequently used to know which simpsons episode would be on. would think about an episode playing and then next time i watched it would be on. have no idea why and it stopped happening at some point.

when i listen to my music on random, if i really want to hear a song, it always pops up as the next song. don't know if i want to hear the song because i somehow know it's going to be next or the song comes up because i want it to be next.

always fun little occurrences for me but i can't prove it's paranormal so i usually don't bother saying anything. does happen lot though.
>>
>>17748210
But that was all after the fact
>>
You know those 'luck notes' you get with your coffee? As I was opening to see mine, I expected or 'predicted' to get 'fortune' and I got fortune. I don't often get coffee with notes like that so it's not like it's a common thing.
>>
>>17746952
1. Your favorite song is an old classic and it was only natural for them to play it. This applies to 90% of the population.
2. Your read about that episode because it was the next episode to air. As in, TB guide writes about upcoming episodes of things and that's what you read. This is an obvious and natural progression of events. This is why we write articles about things. So people can prepare for it.
3. That one's legit. Either they air this stuff in a particular order and you're tapped into that, or it happens because you're psychic. In either case it's a pretty awesome ability if you think about it.
>>
>>17749676
1) It is an old classic (wonderwall) but there are many songs from that year
2) no this was a random article from like 5 years ago, I was looking up something about the show and stumbled across an old article about an old episode
>>
>>17750119
2. That episode was popular and follows the same pattern as #1. You found the article because it was a popular episode.
1. Most people will like what's most popular. This is a tautological aspect of popularity.
>>
>>17748210
for the love of god, please listen to justin beiber
>>
>>17750253
It wasn't a notable episode in the series. The show has well over 200 episodes so was quite random

I'm not claiming to be psychic or anything, but would you put it down to coincidence?
>>
>>17746952
Holy shit! Are you a spychic??
>>
>>17750402
I think about as psychic as a magic 8 ball chief
>>
>>17750393
>would you put it down to coincidence
Yes for the first two, no for the third. It's possible that the second instance was legit, but without knowing more about the situation I can't confirm it.
>>
>>17750412
I think by that logic then they were all coincidence. To reiterate, it was a random article about a non-notable episode of a show with over 200 episodes. The third instance was almost the same, except I thought of the episode prior to watching the show rather than reading an old article.
>>
>>17750421
>I thought of the episode prior to watching the show rather than reading an old article
Yes, which is why the third is legit in my book. It's not hard for someone to "plant" an article and time things to coincide with TV schedules. Making you think about a specific episode unprovoked would be a lot harder. I tend to think it's legit when it comes from your own mind, but non-legit when it could come from clever societal manipulators. If it can be chalked up to advertising, it's advertising.
>>
>>17750433
But why would someone plant an article from 2009 for me to read in 2016 to coincide with a random Australian tv channel?
>>
>>17750440
Listen, I've met some reeaaalllly delusion people in my wanderings. Without anything else to grapple onto, they'll grasp for anything to shift people's beliefs. Advertisers aren't quite that clever, but there are some really strange people out there.
>>
File: babby3.png (45KB, 232x200px) Image search: [Google]
babby3.png
45KB, 232x200px
>>17746952
>Be 14
>Be on summer vacation at home so I can wake up late
>One night I have a dream where there's a lion inside my house
>In my dream, I try to get the lion out of my house
>Finally, I open the door and the lion goes out
>Wake up
>WellThatWasWeird.avi
>Go downstairs
>Brother is watching tv
>He's watching some christian channel
>The preacher reads this:

1 Peter 5:8

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

>nope.avi
>>
>>17746952
i had a dream that predicted the game Tony Hawk's American Sk8land. I even dreamt the cover art for it, when I saw the commercial for it on tv years later i lost my fucking mind
>>
bwahhahahahaahahahhahahahahjahahaha
>>
I don't know if this can be explained or not, but I've had dreams of future events.
>inb4 9/11
It's not a noteable instance really, there's a dream that I specifically remember having years before I moved, it was myself talking to two of my school mates about our favourite football teams, and I had no idea who they were at the time, but I remember every detail about the both of them, including a bandage on the elbow of one of them.

I've had several other dreams like this, just less memorable and could be coincidence, is there anything paranormal about this?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.