[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the occult/paranormal induce insanity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: aaa.png (106KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
106KB, 350x200px
I enjoy discussing the paranormal as much as the next person. I visit this board because I like reading about urban legends, or things that are strange or plain creepy. I also use to discuss this sort of stuff with a friend I've known since grade school. This particular friend sadly has abused drugs and alcohol for many years now. She has strangely merged the paranormal with a very unhealthy lifestyle. This friend is a hoarder who won't get rid of a black widow nest because it congregated on her 'altar'. She's obsessed with making sigils, and thinks anything is spirits trying to communicate with her (like her pentacle necklace swinging on her neck oohh spooky). She's convinced that aliens are outside her window every night. I thought she was being ironic and silly, but when I pressed her further she was absolutely serious. I'm legitimately worried about her state of mind that's resulting in a very poor quality of life. I know that it's common for addicts to have issues, but why has it taken an occult twist?

My question for you guys is when is the line crossed between curiosity and unhealthy obsession? Have any of you known any one that took the occult or paranormal too far? What should I do? Should I humor my friend, or tell her that she's fucking insane and needs to get her shit together?
>>
It's called schizophrenia. Many have experienced religious or occult obsession
>>
File: sensiblelaughteratOPsfaggotry.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensiblelaughteratOPsfaggotry.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>17746948
>he doesn't have aliens outside his windows
>>
Nerdism induces insanity.
>>
>>17746948
Made her take a shower, scrub her good (if you can with sexy results)

Take her outside in a sunny day until she gets some vitamin D.

Tell her that she can believe in anything she wants, but it's acting like a maniac.

If all of that fails send her back to /x/ where she belongs.

And dress her as /x/ tan, she sounds lovely.
>>
>>17746955
see I figured something like this as well. The thing is she's been seeing a therapist (her medicaid pays for a few sessions). I thought that this person would of picked up on something quite as significant as schizophrenia, but instead she got diagnosed with PTSD because she's had a few pets killed by being hit with a car. I thought it was kind of insulting because I had a family member return from Afghanistan with real PTSD, and he killed himself because of it.
>>
>>17746975
>hurr durr only war causes PTSD

You don't know anything about psychology or psychiatry. Leave it to the real therapists, 'k?
>>
>>17746975
Most therapist are retarded, that's for sure.

But she probably doesn't have schizophrenia, I'm sorry about your family member, but PTSD, it's an easy diagnose for bad therapists.

She's probably coping with something a lot worse than some dead pets, the things you described are common in some bipolar depressions, and her drug addiction could be problematic unless is a something dumb like weed and not something more serious.

My solution is still take her out of the house, around here people like urbex and it's something you do outside.

Don't go around telling someone that they have schizophrenia unless you are 100% sure nd even then, it's a really hard thing to say to someone in a difficult position.
>>
>>17746948
>sadly has abused drugs.

WHAT FUCKING DRUGS HAS SHE BEEN TAKING YOU KEK?
>>
>>17746992
>this much tumblr
I'm fucking triggered
>>
>>17746992
well the 'real' therapist didn't do shit, and the therapist didn't recommend her to stop doing drugs, so I don't know how much I really trust this person's opinion. I understand that one could get ptsd from many different events besides war, like a terrible accident or watching a loved one die, but nothing very traumatic has happened in her life.
>>17746998
calm yourself I shall tell you the tale, it's been years of mainly benzo abuse, but also literally every drug has been thrown in: ecstasy, crack, alcohol, coke, and smoking weed every second of the day. I feel like I'm still missing a few
>>17746993
You're absolutely right, I would never tell her "hey your fucking schizo", I try to get her out of the house but she just won't do it. Every once in a while I can drag her into a bar for dinner and a drink.
>>
>>17746992
the issue is that ptsd is diagnosed to every person and their mother these days. It's making people with small problems think they have a serious mental illness.
>>
>>17747027
She had symptoms of drug abuse and need some decent therapy, I could probably help your friend and bang her at the same time, but I'm at the other side of the world.

Try urbex and ghost hunting those are the only outdoors activities, besides drinking that I have seen posted in here, and she seems to blend very well with the denizens of /x/.

There's some extreme drug based treatments for her depression, but I won't recommend them without a decent therapists.
>>
>>17747027
...and guaranteed she's not telling her therapist half the drugs she's on nor is she on anything approaching a regular dosing schedule ergo his diagnosis is worth fuck-all until she AT LEAST starts doing those two things or goes into resident treatment (or incarceration) where her complete pharmaceutical profile can be established.

You can't fucking save her from shit like this. Don't even try. All you can do is encourage her to establish some kind of consistent dosage with her "recreational" drugs and to tell her psychiatrist what it is once it's established.
>>
>>17747043
>I bang drug sluts and help them at the same time
You're delusional Bro. You can't do both no matter how much a drug slut may want to believe you can.
>>
>>17747027
>nothing very traumatic has happened in her life

It is literally impossible for you to know this.
>>
>>17747046
I honestly don't know how much she's told or hasn't told her therapist. What I do know is she has always been proud of being a druggie, as strange as it sounds she wears it like a badge of honor. I honestly don't think she would hold any info back but it's always possible. >>17747043
only if you like banging someone who is over weight, crazy, and has rotting teeth. Drug addicts aren't the most attractive bunch. But you have good enthusiasm.
>>
>>17747049
Crazy girls need love too.

A change of habits and drug replacement, can do wonders in this type cases.

There's no need to label someone as a schizophrenic and lock them in some asylum.

That's fucked up.
>>
>>17747065
Some drug addicts are pretty appealing physically up until their early 30s it depends on the specific drugs. Her therapist most likely just wants her to get on good old US approved drugs to feed the medical-industrial complex though. Honestly she'd probably be better off if the aliens just took her one night - by which I mean she overdosed and died.
>>
>>17747082
Want to know something weird? She wasn't prescribed any medication, but she told me that the therapist hooked some sort of helmet, and or wires to her head and asked her to explain the most painful moments of her life. It sounded like some sort of weird Scientology shit to me.
>>
>>17747067
The problem with fucking drug sluts is that either you withhold true love from them and keep them just fucked up enough for the pussy to stay good (sounds like in this case it's already way past its expiration date) OR you do allow yourself to truly love her and put her recovery ahead of your own desires then invariably they do some fucked up shit part of the way through the process that makes it too difficult for you to continue helping them. Or they go to prison or die.
>>
>>17747098
That sounds exactly like scientology wtf lol. I wonder if she's just telling you what she imagines therapy would be like from watching Southpark.
>>
>>17747104
For now I'm a therapist first.

Her recovery is always the priority, junkies have their up and downs, but there's always a person under all the shit.

The hoarding got me curious, when it started and what was her first collection?
>>
>>17747123
That approach will absolutely have any girl decide at some point that you were taking advantage of her, cut off her contact with you and quite possibly file charges against you.
>>
Some knowledge is forbidden for very good reasons. You can know too much, and some facts of life you never want to learn. Trust me. Don't dabble unless you're willing to go all in.
>>
>>17747128
Probably, I never banged any serious case yet, I'm just waiting for the right girl with some unique pathology.

Most of the girls I know just smoke a lot of weed, and that's not enough to activate my therapy fetish.

I reduce myself to vanilla sex until I find someone with Synesthesia or some strange phobia.

Always wanted to bang a girl with one leg, but she's out of my reach.
>>
>>17747133
Actually very nearly the opposite is actually the case. It's very likely that at least the vast majority if not the entireity of "the occult" is an indirect result of various common psychological abnormalities and their accompanying delusions passed down right hand in hand with the bloodlines especially susceptible to these various aberrant thought processes.

If you find yourself deeply involved in the occult it would be highly advisable to make regular evaluations of your ability to participate in functional society.
>>
>>17747123
She's always been quite messy. Her parents are hippie dippy no discipline types, her mom doesn't believe in cleaning because it's too 'traditional housewife'. The mess kept getting worse, and she has two little dogs that pee and shit on everything. Her hoarding collection is trash, empty soda bottles, fast food containers. I've seen rat shit in her room, and several bug infestations. And her altar, which has several voodoo dolls, sigils, candles, and other assorted clutter.
>>17747110
It's fucking bizarre, the therapist was referred to her through the state, so this person is a supposedly legit and licensed. Maybe my friend is making it up, I really don't know.
>>
>>17747151
That's funny. I tried to bang this hot girl who was born with just one arm but I think she realized I was kind of objectifying her and very much unlike girls with mental disorders, girls with physical ones are extremely sensitive about them. She didn't like hearing she was like a Venus DeMilo
>>
>>17747162
I'm inclined to think she is making it up considering how bizarre that would be for a licensed, state certified therapist to do plus we already know she's heavily prone to fabrication.
>>
>>17747174
shit, that's a pretty crazy thing to think, maybe she's completely crossed the line. For some reason I would like to believe she's honest with me, but that's just a luxury I can't rely on any more. I should of pressed her for more details, but when she explains her 'problems' and therapy sessions, I just want to fucking kill myself. I know that sounds awful, but I have real fucking problems to deal with.
>>
>>17747192
Once you start swallowing a crazy person's shit they feed you so much you get sick of it fast. Check her dirty ass house there's probably a zone where she throws all her mail. If she's in therapy there'll be some shit about it, almost guaranteed.

I'm going to go out a limb even further here and guess that you were actually the first one who brought up "talking to a professional" and then she said "Oh yeah I'm already doing it!"
>>
>>17747133
>trying to make an /r9k/ circlejerk /x/-relevant

Forget it, man.
>>
>>17747269
Ooga booga maybe this fat bitch discovered the secrets of the universe and that's why her teeth are rotting out. Spoopy-doopy.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.