[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haunted Video Games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: stay_alive.jpg (15KB, 350x245px) Image search: [Google]
stay_alive.jpg
15KB, 350x245px
I know it's kind of strange to think of games as being supernatural considering how controlled and concise they are but the story of Herobrine of Minecraft gets me to wondering.

For those who don't know - A: The picture is from Stay Alive, a 2006 movie about a haunted game staring the wonderful and talented Frankie Muniz. And B: Herobrine is a mysterious npc some people found in Minecraft single-player that looked like another player. When people would inquire about it in the forums, username "Herobrine" would reply telling them to stop. Apparently, that name was used by the late brother of the creator of Minecraft who when asked about it confirmed he had a brother and said "I did, but he is no longer with us."

Any other stories like this out there and do any of you have personal experiences with supernatural happenings in video games?
>>
Dude the herobrine creepypasta is so fake
>>
Majoras mask has some shit like that.
>>
>>17746527
Haunted video games are gay as fuck but for some reason I find myself drawn to stories about them. Didn't know there was a movie about them, I'll have to check it out.
>>
There is a game were you play as your guarding angel

It cause several suicides , if that's not paranormal and spooky I don't know what it is.
>>
>>17746792
I read about polybius on ign and how it caused strange behavior and symptoms in people. Never head about the one your thinking of though.
>>
>>17746804

Becose it never make it , and if you find it dont play it , I remember the thread, it was spoopy
>>
IDK about haunted but its well documented that in the past some video games caused illness via seizures and epilepsy and the list goes on.
>>
File: 300px-SabreCat[1].png (118KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
300px-SabreCat[1].png
118KB, 300x249px
I may have posted this before, but when Skyrim first released I was playing it and came across one of these fuckers that had a see through texture and ghost particle effects.
He was non-hostile, had no name, attacks went through him, and he seemed to run around at random through the wilderness. I followed him for about an hour, thinking there might be a quest or something relating to him.
I saved right behind him and went to bed, and he was gone when I loaded the save the next day.
I'm kicking myself for not taking screenshots of him, but since it was just a couple of days after launch I assumed he was supposed to be there.
>>
>>17746859
skyrim was supposed to have some sorta you get haunted type thing
>>
>>17746873
thought the most of that was the headless horseman and moving mannequins
>>
>>17746859
The elder scrolls totally seems like they would add things like that just for the heck of it.
>>
>>17746885
idk but it was removed so that's what you or the other poster may have seen.
>>
>>17746873
>>17746885
I'm not necessarily claiming it's paranormal, just a weird experience I can't explain in a video game.
I wouldn't be surprised if other people have had creepy seemingly unexplainable shit happen to them in Bethesda games just after launch. They're notorious for releasing buggy shit.
>>
>>17746905
I think its just an error...they probably rushed in the end and it didn't even matter if they left some stuff in there
>>
>>17746527
Herobrine is a hoax, though. Notch has stated that he has no dead brothers
>http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Herobrine#Notch
>>
>>17746951
But all haunted video game stories are hoaxes.
>>
>>17746527
That movie was such shit. I was mocking it the whole time.
>>
>>17747694
Yeah, its a fun one haha.
>>
>>17746527
Oh hey it's Malcom "In The" Middle.
>>
>>17746859
HOLY SHIT I REMEMBER THAT
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.