[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ related books/how to get woke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (160KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 640x427px
I want to become knowledgeable on the occult, conspiracies, aliens, etc. What books would you recommend a n00b?
>>
Anything by RL Stine, Goosebumps
>>
try reading the Principia Discordia for a better understanding of chaos and how it functions in the universe. It uses satire and humor to get its point across too, but it's there.

you don't have to become an discordian to understand though
>>
>>17732336
Google can show you a pdf on it by the way
>>
Colin Wilson's The Occult, Mysteries, and Beyond the Occult are good introductions, but of descending quality. He connects numerous detailed paranormal anecdotes with his personal philosophy, which is a vague mix of Gurdjieff and Maslow, focusing on "peak experiences". He wrote loads of encyclopedia articles for money, so these books are filled with references to other important texts of western occultism, especially the first one I named.

I would recommend Patrick Harpur's Daimonic Reality as well. It ties ideas of the fairy world, UFOs, abductions, and ghost folklore all into the old concept of the "daimon" with some Jungian psychology thrown in. All paranormal phenomena are instantiations of "trickster" energies for Harpur, since they perpetually elude certain explanations; he prefers to mention the playful Greek god Hermes. I found out about it by reading an excerpt on deoxy: http://deoxy.org/h_unknwn.htm

It depends on what you want. Just a general introduction to paranormal phenomena? I suppose you could start with Charles Fort, but his prose is insufferable. The fat Wilson's Cosmic Trigger is funny and a decent start as well. He was involved in the Principia Discordia too, I think.
>>
>>17732420
Might I add John Michael Greer's Monsters book?
https://a.pomf.cat/yegfjc.pdf
But yes, Daimonic Reality is essential.
>>
For good research subject material listen to The Black Tapes by PNWS a podcast done fairly well I enjoy it quite a bit and Tanis from the same place.
>>
The Kybalion and the Bible.
>>
>>17732131
Write ya own book, then confirm with others how it plays out in terms of collective reality and universal mathematics...
>>
File: image.jpg (231KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231KB, 1080x1080px
I would recommend all the books in pic related
>>
The illuminatus! Trilogy was pretty "woke". It's all mere nonsense but you definitely get something out of it. I would highly recommend it for anyone.
>>
>>17732420
I've actually been reading Wilson's The Occult. It has a lot of interesting information but Wilson himself comes off as a smug prick a lot of the time
>>
I've been trying to get through Israel Regardie's "Tree of Life," but it is quite difficult to read and understand.
Does anyone know if it is a worthwhile book to read and finish?
>>
File: on-an-obscure-text-950x712.jpg (138KB, 950x712px) Image search: [Google]
on-an-obscure-text-950x712.jpg
138KB, 950x712px
can anyone rec anything to the deathconsciousness booklet? i know its fictitious but it was really interesting
>>
Demons of the Flesh.
>>
Prometheus Rising.
>>
>>17732137
Sooo, how good are Goosebumps compared to Fear street and Nightmare room?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.