[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How spooky is your city/town/area?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 36

File: ghost_anim.gif (591KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ghost_anim.gif
591KB, 400x300px
How spooky is your city/town/area?
>>
>forest where 8 bodies were found
>house where doctor supposedly slaughtered his family
>salon that police refused to pass by because 2spoopy4them
>various other local stories
I'd say breddy sp00py
>>
File: 1463346115990.jpg (32KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463346115990.jpg
32KB, 420x600px
There's an abandoned barber shop in my town square, if you go inside you'll probably see dead rats and grafitii.
>>
File: spooks.jpg (130KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
spooks.jpg
130KB, 1000x708px
Well my city is home to the most haunted school in america, i've heard some fucking crazy stories. The most famous one is the spirit appearing in a graduating class picture that's still framed up in the lobby. Just recently they found an underground labyrinth of tunnels under the school. Some other random spooked locations as well, so 7/10 i guess.
>>
There's a network of tunnels under the city that have long since been abandoned since the 1900s. I don't have much to say about my city since I don't know the true extend of its spookiness.
>>
I live in the same city where Kaspar Hauser appeared out of nothing. Go read it up. "Kaspar Hauser"
>>
>>17731181
not very spoopy. nothing happened that i know of.
>>
>>17731181
There's this one asshole streetlight that is the only one at a corner and it goes out sometimes when you get close to it.
>>
Austin is a boring fucking town for spooky shit. There are no old abandoned buildings anywhere, and the only haunted place is a shitty overpriced hotel where nothing ever happens.

I need some place spookier. New England seems to be spoop capital of America.
>>
ex-commie country, many abandoned factories especially in the now rural areas, on a scale of 1-10 i would rate it around 7,7/10
>>
>>17733272
The green belt/highland mall/austin state hospital I'm an austin gag and there's some spooky shit
>>
In Albuquerque. Less spoopy, more flat out trashy.
>>
I wish it were more spooky. All we're known for is being the town where JFK died. Dallas is boring.
>>
It's the middle of the woods and there's abandoned buildings everywhere. There's an abandoned house across the street from me and some kind of abandoned puppy mill or something like a mile up the road.
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 1957x1142px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 1957x1142px
>>17731181
In this city every time I go outside the clouds are making faces and looking at me. This was taken 10 minutes ago...
>>
>>17733343
Oh Ottine outside Gonzalez texas there's a huge abandoned mental facility,also Luling texas in general pretty spooky
>>
File: 1382841941249.jpg (208KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1382841941249.jpg
208KB, 960x720px
>>17733350
Are the clouds making faces, or is it something within the clouds?
>>
>>17731181
Downtown savannah GA, the most haunted city in america
>>
File: image.jpg (212KB, 2448x1248px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 2448x1248px
>>17733369
See what I mean.. I just went out for a smoke a minute ago and God was waiting for me.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>17733459
My brother lived there, now on Tybee. >Mfw you're probably my brother
>mfw were both retarded /x/philes
>>
File: 1463009394342.jpg (68KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463009394342.jpg
68KB, 640x640px
>>17733467
Lol he looks like this
>>
File: 1458097176690.jpg (79KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
1458097176690.jpg
79KB, 900x598px
>>17733467
Nice
>>
>>17733333
There's nothing in the green belt but hippies and yuppies.
There's nothing in highland mall but thugs and niggers.
You can't really go into Austin State Hospital for spoops.

Trust me, I love Austin for many things, but there's just not many /x/ things to do here.

Also nice fucking digits.
>>
File: image.jpg (317KB, 2448x1774px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
317KB, 2448x1774px
>>17731181
This city (Kelowna, BC, Canada) is the creepy hell of existence.
Stare at this picture I took a minute ago
>>
>abandoned mansion with lots of weird dolls scattered everywhere, where women with fertility problems made strange rituals in order to get pregnant
>Old deconsecrated church from which you can hear voices at night even though it's completely closed and impossible to get into
>Lots of buildings that nobody ever used, nobody even knows the reason why they were built in the first place
I live in a little town of South Italy
>>
>>17733521
Really? I live in Vancouver never heard anything spooky about Kelowna. Stories?
>>
>>17731181
my hometown is pretty freaky, especially at night. nothing but blackness, and some places dont even have streetlights. even with the streetlights its fuckin terrifying because there are cliffs and woods everywhere so its like somethings always watching you.

>8 or 9 years old
>had bad nightmares n shit, no sleep paralysis yet ( i think )
>wake up dark room
>scared as fuck cus dark, always was scared of dark ( niggers )
>bed slowly starts shaking
>bed shaking now shaking harder
>feel brave, stand on bed and jump off
>run to door
>go to moms bedroom, fall asleep in her bed
>her and stepdad sleep in my bed instead
>stepdad sees white thing in closet ( apparently )
>spooked

turns out a kid tried to stop his stepfather from commiting suicide in that house. ended up with his brains all over the wall, and the stepdad survived only to die of cancer.

freaky stuff. house burned down years later.
>>
>>1773350 if you have a way to go Ottine is pretty spooky though it's right outside of Gonzalez me and a few friends went a while back its a town of about 80 people and the abandoned asylum is huge
>>
>>17731764
There's one where I live too. It doesn't happen when I walk under it about 20% of the time.

The other famous thing we have is 'the hum'.
>>
The view out of my balcony is onto an abandoned pottery plant which was built on the grounds of an ammuniton factory that exploded in 1917, 17 people died
>>
Absolutely nothing.

SERIOUSLY

Does Finland have ANYTHING spooky?
>>
>>17733333
checkety check
>>
>>17731181
>Innsmouth-looking town
>abandoned industrial complex near my house
>lots of legends and stories about apparitions, creatures and other unexplained phenomena in the woods and the sea
Pretty spooky, I'd say.
>>
>>17734235
Finns.
>>
I live in Rio de Janeiro, HUEBRazil
The state/city is not as violent as the media makes it to be (as a whole) but certain spots are just awful. We have a bunch of traditional/history spoops as well.
>brazilian druglords are more creative than ISIS when it comes to executions, some involve pits full of starving caymans/crocodiles, samurai swords, and the infamous "microwave oven" where they tie a standing person, place car tires around them up to the head, then light the tires on fire so the person bakes for a while before really burning
>historically speaking, we've had cannibal tribes before colonization, and after it came the slaves
>the Imperial Museum in Petropolis - RJ (where the royal portuguese family lived while they ruled Brazil) is extremely haunted, been there myself and had to leave due to a constant dread and feeling of impeding doom. I'm not even sensitive and don't really believe in spoopy stuff
>deactivated slave farms are said to be some of the most maddening places one can stay at, I know a bunch of people who had intense paranormal experiences in those places
>we have Umbanda, Candomblé and Quimbanda everywhere, three religions that derive from ancient african traditions. One is white magic, the other mixed, the other black magic. Here it's very common to find offerings, decorated dead/dying animals and candles at crossroads, even in the middle of the city (modern areas too)
>We have a huge list of serial killers, from old times til now. There is a great book called "Serial Killers - Made in Brazil" about them, many are from the state of Rio
>We have loads of cryptids and spirits, such as aquatic monsters, an indigenous type of werebeast (half men half manned wolves or leopards), human-esque entities such as the Water Mother (Mãe D'água), the impish Saci Pererê, the Caipora and Curupira that protect the jungle, and even a type of dragon, the Boitatá
>>
>>17731181
Seabrook TX is haunted as fuck! Thought I saw ghosts then read what I saw weren't ordinary according to this Voodoo book, it said they were disembodied sorcerers.
>>
>>17734330
Forgot to add right down the street is were a friend lived and one time he told me all casually that his little brothers best friend is a ghost!
>>
I live in Fredericksburg near an old confederate cemetery. The wrought iron fence rusted through long ago so there's nothing keeping spirits inside. Everything was chill until recently liberals at the local university UMW went nuts and started desecrating any gravestone or memorial with a confederate flag on it. Since then, shit's been real bad. Angry confederate ghosts are fucking around with everyone down here. They intrude on my dreams almost every night.

If people are interested I'll tell stories
>>
>>17734352
Hahaha nice. That sounds like a good premise for a horror comedy. A bunch of hipsters tear up a Confederate cemetery and get haunted be Lee's ghost.
>>
I once walked in on these 19th-century ladies having a tea party in my bedroom. They just smiled and looked welcoming, and then disappeared.
>>
>>17734286
Finngolian raider ghosts maybe, haven't spotted so far.

At least Sweden has a lot of medieval monuments with actual paranormal stories.
>>
I've got a hole that used to store slaves in my basement, pretty spoops and also filled with mouse crap
>>
Pretty much every square inch is either haunted or has a history with a potential for spoopiness.

Can yall guess?
>>
>>17734474
Naiaaaawluns
>>
>>17731181
I use to live in a place called Farmville VA. That shit was suppose to be really well known for being haunted, but I never noticed anything too weird minus a couple strange events. On the other hand, I didn't really look into it very much because i was busy with college. Now that I'm back in my hometown, I wish I took advantage of it and explored some of the supposed hauntings.
>>
>Melbourne, Australia
No
I've never heard any spooky stories about ghosts, serial killers, skellingtons, and never experienced anything paranormal here.

That being said recently in my neighborhood an Indian woman drowned/threw her baby in the nearby river, blamed it on a "drunken male of African appearance" then the next day admitted it was a lie and she actually killed the baby herself. Mental illness is kind of paranormal I guess.
Mum says she's seen dodgy things happen around here but I don't exactly trust her as she's old and watches way too many shows like ACA
>>
File: PointLookoutLighthouse1.jpg (44KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
PointLookoutLighthouse1.jpg
44KB, 800x600px
There's this lighthouse on the tip of the Maryland peninsula called Point Lookout and it's supposedly haunted. I went there a few times when I lived in the area and they were in the process of renovating it, so the door to the basement was removed and there was just this black abyss in the hallway that gave me chills whenever I walked by. It was also built near a civil war military hospital.
>>
File: 1464119973881.gif (1MB, 400x411px) Image search: [Google]
1464119973881.gif
1MB, 400x411px
I live in Westport, MA.

The forests are filled with skinwalkers, cults, KKK, and scizos. I live fairly close to Dudleytown, been in it's forests and I have to say it's nothing compared to westport. We have dismembered bodies on the regular and the craziest fucking homeless population I've ever seen.

Everywhere you go here you WILL feel extremely hostile presence, like around every fucking corner someone is waiting there and it's not unusual some fucking crazy cryptid or crackhead is.

Almost every house here has an errie/demonic vibe and usually has active spirits.

If you want stories I will post but I'm on mobile so forgive me.
>>
not at all. back when my parents were teenagers there was plenty of that stuff around here but now it's all been knocked down and replaced with commercial shit.
>>
Apart from the usual ghosts haunting homes. My town has gnome sightings around the river that cuts through it.
>>
Do dead bodies/human heads/beheaded
corpses randomly found at local
parks count as spooky? If so I gotta
say my city is pretty damn spoopy.
>>
>>17731181
>small town
>weird people
>a lot of black practices and black magic
>desperately quiet
Spookyness 7/10
>>
>>17731526
Moar
>>
File: view_of_olas_altas.jpg (107KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
view_of_olas_altas.jpg
107KB, 640x853px
Mazatlan

Quite a few demons apparitions, satanic sects, gruesome murders, haunted houses

Sharing most notable

>70s
>college prom
>club at Olas Altas
>top of hop
>an astonishing blonde comes in
>every guy asking her to dance
>no to everyone then she ask some dude
>as they are dancing rotten eggs smell arise
>everyone starts darting out
>the girl was developing this tail and wings and becoming into a demon
>when the guy realizes is too late, she grasps him and took off
>no one sees him again

pic related - now its the yellow luxury restaurant Casa Loma

>80s
>historical centre
>restaurant Santa Fe
>dunno if karaoke or performing band
>but one day a fat man stands up to the stage
>all the sudden he starts cackling louder and louder non-stop
>horns sprout of his forehead
>everyone runs out
>this was a very popular restaurant said to close down abruptly because of this

>long ago, no more than 50 years
>Seminary of Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary
>at late hours a bunch of people in black robes used to make bonfires and strange chants
>these uneased minor seminarist (hight schoolers)
>one day a priest finally got tired, took a machete and threw out intrudes (they used to disturb a moor next to minor chapel)
>he swang the machete against their cars, luxury cars and wrote signs for them not to return or else cops would be avail
>they left behind an scortched pentagram on the grass and never returned
>>
>Small town.
>Dark
>Bunch of witchcraft, but town wmbraces it as whitemagic.
>Really ancient school. Rumored to be haunted.
>Two churches. One of them kinda famous. Somehow it has catacombs and no one talks about it.
>Vestiges of ancient culture.
>Graveyard with bunch of historic figures are buried.
>Crime is kinda high.
>Bunch of screams at night. But according to records, very few murders.
>BUT LOAD OF GHOSTS AND APPARITIONS. EVERYWHERE. FOR EVRYONE.

Place is like Gravity Falls. Bunch of weird shit almost no one acknowleges.
>>
>>17734695
Mexican ghosts are weird... They are like..., calm..., but not chill. If that makes sense.
>>
>>17734705
That's what is eerie about em.
If you see one they may be
calm but still know you have
to gtfo because you feel there's
something very very bad going
on even if they don't seem threatening.
>>
File: the-thing-carpenter-post.jpg (210KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
the-thing-carpenter-post.jpg
210KB, 1000x1500px
>>17731181
In winter it snows a lot and we get isolated for weeks since it's in a mountain area.
Perfect place to get paranoid.
>>
>>17734702
name of the place
>>
>>17734659
Oakland?
>>
>>17734770
Mexico lmao
>>
>>17731526
>the spirit appearing in a graduating class picture
Where? I only see blurry people.

>Just recently they found an underground labyrinth of tunnels under the school
When so you plan to explore it for your /x/ bros?
>>
>>17734746
Gravity Falls
>>
>>17734746
Irithyll
>>
>>17731181
I attended a paranormal investigation at my local pub and encountered a ghost. Not sure how to feel.
>>
I live in the middle of the woods, there's two graveyards by my house as well
>>
From Seattle. My city's first brothel was run by a woman who was supposedly a demon. They had to exhume her coffin when they built a new park, and they found her body had turn to stone inside it.
>>
>>17734474
Nawwwlins or Charleston.
>>
>>17734705
Yes, I can tell

A buddy of mine lives in a haunted flat. Lights flick regularly and he sees human shapes lying in bed of standing just watching to the outside in the balcony. They've never been threatening nevertheless he runs out everytime

My collegue English teacher told my this story about him that when he was sightseeing at Malecon (pier) a gentleman in an old-fashioned gaunt (victorian like) approach him and asked the time, when my teacher turned around to tell it he was gone. Impossible since it's an open view pier and very large
>>
>>17734659
Reynosa ?
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>17734571
>that fucking gif
>>
There's a peanut mill that burned down about 5-7 years ago, the fire claimed 3 lives and was forced to shut down it was so unrepairable. A few months after the incident some teenagers presumably in a gang went inside the peanut mill to mark up the place until one kid got trapped on some loose machinery they must have been messing with. The gang was too scared to call for emergency help so spent hours trying to get him unstuck from the thing and eventually he bled out. People have since marked up the place with erie markings like this crudely drawn figure of an angel saying something in spanish, a pentagram, and one spot where arrows point into a open hole that some say leads you on a path to the dead body of the gang member.
>>
not very at all unfortunatley i havent been able to find any truly scary areas in my vicinity, ontario canada in the gta
>>
>>17733471
Did either of you guys go to BSS, or are you older?
>>
File: 1450651845654.jpg (89KB, 406x371px) Image search: [Google]
1450651845654.jpg
89KB, 406x371px
My home town had this hospital that was abandoned sometime in the late seventies (simply because it was old. A new general hospital has since been built.) No reported ghost sightings of any kind though. Serves as a sanctuary for the homeless community to crash and pop some pills every now and again or the occasional high school kid raid. nothing more. However. The same town has a psychiatric facility that was built sometime in the early nineteen hundreds. (About 1900-1910) A new hospital has been built beside it since then. The complex still stands tall as a heritage site for the town. My father worked at the both the general, and psychiatric hospital as a maintenance worker. The nurses who work at the mental hospital have told him that they've seen some freaky shit in the tunnel system underneath the facility. (The tunnels are used to wheel supplies from one end of the facility to the other in a quicker fashion.) One of the most notable example is of a young woman who leans against the walls clutching the side of her head, and will dissapear when you make eye contact with her. Another story he was told of was of a about middle aged man who walked through the tunnels with his head down and his hands in his pockets.
>>
There's not much really except for a supposed lake monster, and a few rumoured haunted houses (one is always up for sale, the people who buy it never stay long), and fairy forts/trees that nobody will disturb.
Also a few years ago an office building was being constructed and they came across a famine graveyard when they were digging up the ground, more sad than spooky desu
>>
Ft. Wayne
0 spook
>>
>attend college here
>crime rate 330% higher than national average
>"downtown" area filled with broken down trap houses
>last year 5 kids got abducted at the corner store
>nobody has found them yet
>a few months ago two kids died squished by the train
>"they where high" and didn't hear, see, or feel the train coming down the tracks according to the police
>the train tracks are down the street from my house
>one time I was throwing out the trash at night and some dude walked to me
>opened up a backpack full of guns and offered me one for sale

I hate this country ass fucked up town.
>>
testing
>>
>>17734317
I'm BR too but I never heard anything spoopy in my city (Niteroi - RJ). I don't know if it's just because nobody ever talked to me about this shit, or it's a really boring place for /x/ stuff.
>>
We have this weird occurrence in my town where any hopes/dreams/aspirations all slowly, but surely die.

Sunderland - England
>>
>>17734330
Eyyy what's good Seabrook? I'm in Bacliff, any particular spooky spots to visit?
>>
>>17733506

Another Austin anon here.

Yeah, plus abandoned buildings and the like don't usually last because of the insane property value. I grew up in the great lakes area (not an Austin native, go figure) where there was creepy abandoned stuff everywhere... I miss it.

You have to go further out into the rest of Texas for spooks. And some of those towns are creepy for other reasons.
>>
>>17738590
Found this:
http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/bairros/cinco-lendas-urbanas-de-niteroi-14665677
>>
My area was the setting of a greentext (the one with dogs)
>>
In the 1910s my city pretty much.. blew up.
So a lot of the buildings were used as makeshift morgues.

We used to hang pirates here in the 1800s, and this is where all the victims of the Titanic were brought and buried.

.... there are plenty of ghost sightings.
>>
>>17738773

proof of city blowing up.

fishing ship in the foreground.
>>
>>17731181
Well, where I live in my county in very far out, and a lot of people in my county don't even know where it is. We called it the Mondex, because whenever it was made ig the compnay or whatever was called mondex. But, there's been weird rumors by the older ppl here talking about the mondex is like some overlap of dimensions with here and paranormal and shit its so fucking weird what these people say. But there have been a lot of weird shit out here, besides all the meth and crazies, there's a house near me that no one has lived in for a long time. It's weird, I might have a pic of it idk illsee after i type this, but when i was younger id go in and explore it w my friends who are weird people who i dont fuck w anymore.(one of them is my creepy neighobr who kills cats n shit) but inside, this one kid always would say he felt like he was being watched and i never exactly felt like that until i thought i heard shit in the attic. Then i avoided it a bit more, but not because of paranormal, more because its likely someone could just live in the building. but once, i was suspended from school so i didnt have to ride the bus, i decided to go out early in the morning and go over there. i went over there, and the door was locked. i coudlnt get it. as i walked off the side porch, and started heading toweards the road, which where i was was blocked from the road by a tall fence, i heard what sounded like someone getting raped or something, it was a loud crying sound, it was really weird. I got a bit scared, but i ran over to my creepy neighbotrs house, and she walked over there w me. she threw a fire extinguisher in the window, and started peelin the bits of the window out the outsides, then someone somewhat across the street started yelling at us to go somewhere else and said theyd call the cops so we ran through the woods (we know a shortcut) back to a different house that was vacant straight to our houses. it was weird, man.
>>
the mondex is just a weird place in general. THere's been a lot of crime here, it's a predominantly white area with a lot of drugs and shoootings and underground shit. I remember this lady Amy, she was cool and friends with my family. Well known out here, in all of Flagler county really. She had two sons, one in jail and shit the other dates like 14 year olds its weird. one of them, idek them well enough i think it was the jailed one, was dating this chick named Jessica. they're still together i think. we all had gotten to know njessica, she was a weird girl, dreamed of the streotypical wife life, just catoring to ur husband and doing all the chores everyday, that shit. Amy, soon, ended up dying in thr middle of her sleep one day. IT was sad, we all gave prayers or whatever we did. JEssica though, this weird chick, started posting shit on fb about being the new amy and shit. there was always weird shit with that family though, implying they were with the murder game and shit. talkin bout "dead bodies in the back" as a joke n shit but we knew that wasnt no joke man
idk theres some weird shit out here
>>
^^ in flagler county FL btw
>>
>>17733289
which gommie country my dude
>>
Sherman marched through here and razed the area. The ruins of mills are haunted by the raped girls. There is also an area where people hear a women who got butchered at night screaming. If anything you go north to the mountains you get really fucking weird.
>>
>>17734736
Little pigs, little pigs let me come in
>>
This was once all native land, I'm not entirely sure on the history so it isn't talked about very much. We are just a whitebread small town in Wisconsin but the city limits have shrunk since the mid 1950s and there are some pretty creepy buildings on the outskirts of the town. We are also the largest port in Wisconsin and have been since the great lakes became a key trading route, so we have had tons of strange deaths and weird forms of murder and execution in the early days between the foreigners and the old native americans. The town is now a haven for drunks and junkies, there are usually a dozen or so murders a year here and that's a lot considering our town is 25,000 in population. Many old buildings, unsolved murders and unmarked graves around here, plus a lot of people go missing and the police have only recently discovered the answer has been human trafficking. At night there is a weird and almost industrial hum to the entirety of the town, even out where there is no electricity and business. I suppose if you wanted to rate it I would give it a 8 out of 10.
>>
Tons of spooks, just not paranormal ones
>>
I live in the fox valley in Wisconsin, so there's some spoopy shit. Not so much in my town, but in Appleton theres a haunted office building, there's the beast of braire road (not sure how to spell it, or if it was a bridge) theres a tombstone that supposedly bleeds, there's Ed gein. The only thing i can think of for my area is a place called "1000 islands", not so much spoopy tales, but it gets creepy as hell at night.
>>
>>17739033
Ayyy fellow cheese head
>>
>College / Residential tri- city
>Spoopiest is college kids killing some folks every few blue moons
>Read about it at local Denny's at 2am
>>
We are well known for ufo sightings.
>>
I live in Brooklyn, there's a lot of spooks out here.
>>
>>17734352
I want stories.
>>
It depends on your beliefs I guess.

>relatively secluded
>large native american reservation
>>
There aren't any spooks in my town so it's not spooky
>>
File: pepelaughing.jpg (67KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
pepelaughing.jpg
67KB, 540x534px
>>17733459
the whole country is built on an indian burial ground. Are people in Georgia this stupid?
>>
>>17731181
Brussels.
Besides immigrants and the terrorist attack, not really.
>>
File: RedLightHouse.jpg (381KB, 722x480px) Image search: [Google]
RedLightHouse.jpg
381KB, 722x480px
>>17731181
>Black mansion on hill with red light and door

>Owner arrested with possible connection to death of partner, as well as money laundering

>Many unusual aspects of the home, including multiple rooms containing only a bed and whole walls dedicated for use of a projector mounted in the ceiling.

>A room containing a massage table and “tons of medical books,” as well as a bizarre shower.

>There was a humongous shower in it. It had shower heads on both sides but it looked like you could fit 10 people in it.

>A strange room with several mattresses placed on risers all around the room.

>Apparently, there is also a room in one wing of the house that contains only a bed and a floor to ceiling glass window panel, accessible only via an elevator inside the residence or through a door connected to the outer deck.

>Every door had a motion detector, Like, you would open a door and it would yell through the whole house, ‘Downstairs door is opening!’

>Demolished a few years ago

>Still see it on the hill on certain nights
>>
I live in New Orleans
That says enough.
>>
There's an old hospital in my town, some people believe it is haunted. One day I was seated on the sidewalk of this hospital waiting for someone and I'm sure I heard some weird woman scream from the second floor. There's no way it came from another place, there are only two other houses on the street, and both are abandoned. I've entered there in two or three occasion, it's a pretty spooky place, but no supernatural experiences besides that one.
>>
>>17734702
Springfield Township in Michigan?
>>
File: this.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
this.png
1MB, 960x720px
>>17731181
Pretty spooky, i sometimes think there's too much fog in the morning, i can never see my moon sometimes it's so fogged. and notw theres rain and thunder. The other day i heard the birds speak with one another. SPEAK. they were speaking their own language, talking.

>>17733369
AND I SEE THIS EVERYWHERE!
>>
I grew up in the village of Bonnybridge in Scotland which when I was a child became the UFO sightings capital of Western Europe. The area is very strange and is literally Lovecraftian up in the far reaches beyond the train tracks where the UFO experiences happened. The house I lived in was built on an ancient burial ground and apart from being terrified I experienced poltergeist type stuff. I've heard many odd stories from locals including talking animals and many types of ghosts and there is at least one cult that I've seen in a 400 year old graveyard. It has a very strange feel. Where I live now isn't spooky at all.
>>
I know Sault Ste. Marie is the oldest city in Michigan and the mob would make frequent trips up here
>>
>>17741554
Same here friendo
>>
File: nuoh my god.gif (138KB, 660x768px) Image search: [Google]
nuoh my god.gif
138KB, 660x768px
>>17733692
This sounds creepy and spoopy as fuck
>>
>>17734770
Kek
>>
I live in Louisiana and it's not spoopy enough.
>>
>>17743081
What area?
>>
I swear some black ops shit is going on in my area. I have a few.

>1999
>be 14
>just moved to the area
>way out in the sticks
>go backroading near house with mom and sister to nose around
>road suddenly takes sharp turn ending in a field
>no "Dead End" or "Road Closed" signs anywhere
>military vehicles everywhere
>soldiers standing around in empty field
>group turns and stares at our car with "oh shit" expressions
>we sit there staring back whispering "WTF" to each other
>soldier smoking a cig walks up to car
>tells my mom to turn around and go back
>out of there like the fucking flash
>never see military vehicles leave
>no base anywhere near our house
>>
>>17743482 (Cont.)
>be a few months later
>middle of summer, laying in living room floor reading a book
>sis is at friends
>quiet hum starts up in the distance
>figure it's a tractor or something, no big deal
>hum gets louder
>"wow mom, that tractor is getting close to the house"
>"that doesn't sound like a tractor to me anon"
>hum quickly becomes roar
>house starts to shake
>run outside to see C-130 coming at house
>"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!"
>flies over low enough to hit with a rock (had I thrown one)
>lands in field behind house
>mom rushes me inside and locks the door
>"MOM, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!"
>mom fails pokerface, visibly shaken
>"I-I dunno anon, I-I'm sure everything is fine. Probably see the story on the news."
>nervous laughter
>never see/hear plane leave
>never see/read story in the news
>>
>>17743081
Dude I saw True Detective that shit's creepy as hell.
>>
File: 1464228460466.jpg (103KB, 473x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464228460466.jpg
103KB, 473x600px
Southern Minnesota.
Ain't shit here but meth heads. Really wish there was some neat shit to talk about or do, but nope. Cornfields as far as the eye can see.
>>
>>17743486 (Cont.)
>few years later
>be 17-ish
>family has moved about 10 miles north-west of creepy military fields
>chilling on porch, twilight
>rocking to Aerosmith tapes on old ass walkman
>flip over Permanent Vaction because Hangman Jury is fucking awesome
>lean back in chair and gaze up at stars
>See a couple of odd lights far up in the sky
>"hmm wonder what those are?"
>kinda cool, just keep watching.
>"too close to be stars. maybe planes?"
>lights do some crazy moves, loop da loops and figure 8's
>"well... um..."
>lights suddenly sync up, quickly flying directly up and paralel to one another.
>"what the fuck?"
>right light starts to suddenly drift to right, then starts rapidly falling
>left light slows and holds position
>right light starts to explode and disappears
>"WHAT THE FUCK?!"
>left light starts to move towards last location of right light
>"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! I'M NUTS! I'M SEEING SHIT! NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!"
>look over, see neighbor standing on thier porch gaping up at sky, cigarette burning in their fingers
>"NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE"
>go inside
>never hear about any plane crash
>trouble sleeping for weeks
>>
>>17743494 (Cont.)
>few years later
>be 24-ish
>chilling with bros, stargazing
>12am, night's still young
>paranoid as fuck at this point
>brother-in-law won't stop taking about "black helicoptors" every time I see him
>pass the spliff
>bro1 casually points up at the sky and goes "hey man, what's that?"
>me and bro2 look up
>fucking lights
>butthole tenses
>three twinkling lights in triangular formation
>we just stare at them
>pass the spliff
>shooting the shit
>maybe an hour passes
>"hey bros, those lights have moved"
>"oh, you're right bro1"
>bro3 (strait edge faggot, so we know he's not drunk/baked) "Um... isn't that opposite of the stars"
>blink
>bro2 looks at me like his brain is malfunctioning
>I probably have the same look on my face
>bro1 stands up and turns to us both "hey bro3 is right" "dude what if it's aliens?"
>>
File: b05.jpg (12KB, 200x232px) Image search: [Google]
b05.jpg
12KB, 200x232px
>>17743503 (Cont.)
>"oh ha ha"
>bro2 pulls out his phone "fucking google sky motherfuckers"
>"ha ha I have you now" bro2 fiddles with his phone
>everyone suddenly quiet
>everyone thinks someone is fucking with other
>bro2 looks puzzled "Uh, that can't be right."
>high is fading fast
>clenching intensifies
>"what's wrong?" (PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST BE TOO HIGH TO USE PHONE PROPERLY)
>"says theres like nothing there"
>bro3 turns "lemme see it"
>bro2 is annoyed but holds phone up so everyone can see the screen
>nothing there
>everyone (except bro1) rolls for pokerface and gets crit failures
>"uhhhhhh..."
>nervous laughter (this feels familiar)
>suddenly have idea
>"bro2 point the phone at big dipper" (PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BE BROKEN)
>watch in horror as big dipper appears perfectly on sky
>everyone looks back at triangle lights
>they start moving now with the stars but way too fast,
>lights stop suddenly, shoot up into the sky disappearing from view
>bro3 "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?"
>"YOU SAW THAT RIGHT?" (PLEASE LET THIS BE MY IMAGINATION)
>bro2 "Uh yeah, what was that?"
>bro1 "Who cares, pass the spliff."
>mfw I'm stone sober and bro1 is worried about his joint
>>
>>17733521
I've heard that Doc Willoughby's is haunted, on the 2nd floor
>>
>>17731181
>what is essentially a haunted mansion
thats it as far as Im aware
>>
i live in a shit hick town in PA, only thing we have is "Pig People Hill" where there's a bunch of old burnt houses. legend is that there used to be a leper's hospice and the patients had deformed faces
>>
File: 1445294249447.gif (11KB, 198x239px) Image search: [Google]
1445294249447.gif
11KB, 198x239px
>>17731181
>>
>>17731181
on the train station the vigilant said to me that somebody at midnight was calling him and his vigilant friend, like: "psst psst" ...outside of the station is a cemetery, very huge cemetery.
>>
my town been around 1888 hella shit happened in 707
>>
>>17734513
We've got some great urbex/abandoned shit here, though. Springthorpe being built around La Rundel Asylum being a great fucked up place to explore. Used to be better, when you could find lots of interesting shit in there like medical records, but it's still decent until it gets turned into shops. The music box is interesting enough
>>
>>17731181
>Missouri
The scariest thing here are the water people and their tendency to group around walmarts
>>
>>17733350
Is that you, Ronnie? I told you to shut up about us!
>>
>>17731181
I live in Los Angeles. One night I thought I should ride my bike since the streets were empty. It was spooky and quiet, all the traffic lights were green.

So, I rode my bike some 30 minutes away from my house, and rested a bit. Until I saw a dark figure slowly approach me. It was like he was covered in shadows, even on that moonlit night.

Then, as he approached, he smiled. the only thing I could see clearly were his eyes.... and teeth... It was a black person.

So I rode my bike as fast as I could away from him. That was really spooky.

The only other spooky incident that happened on my way home, was when some random Mexican stopped my bike by putting himself in front of it, because he smelled like Marijuana. I was both spooked and angered that the Mexican man was not in bed so he could garden properly the next day.
>>
>>17743509
Probably just a tr-3b
>>
>>17731181
The bar used to be the town hall, jail, and brothel. Pretty spoopy.
>>
>>17736541
Is your home town Ponoka AB?
>>
>>17738184
Indiana?

Most of that state had a KKK up until at least the 30s, on top of that a shit ton of murders happened there.

I hate going through that state, I always get weird vibes from every town.
>>
>>17738657
We have it here too.

It's called being American.
>>
>>17731181
Depends on how spoopy you think Meth labs and Gold Base are.
>>
>abandoned hospital that started out as someone's house back in the 1800s
>park that was built over burial grounds

Kinda spoopy. I don't live there anymore but my hometown was where that guy from the ghost adventures tv show allegedly had his first spoop. The hospital is guarded pretty hard by the cops around there since high schoolers love going in there.
>>
Not very. We have the grave of the Unknown Baby but that's just a sad story not a scary one. Some chick in the late sixties dumped her newborn in the dumpster by the school and someone found it. I don't think they knew who it was, weird as it's a town of 550 maybe less back then, no name on the grave. They put the baby in a plot away from all the others in the town cemetery. Not scary to go look at it, just sad, especially when you think that that kid is old enough to be my parents' age.
>>
File: 1424304694366.png (205KB, 586x714px) Image search: [Google]
1424304694366.png
205KB, 586x714px
You mean fucking Salem, Massachusetts?

I get my skelly spooped right out of me at least daily, OP.
>>
>>17731509
decided to add a few more local stories
>haunted battleground
>place near said battleground with midget Indian ghosts
>occasional ufo
>cliff where Indian girl killed herself
>state forest with supposedly shifting trails and temporal anomalies
>cemetery where stairway to heaven supposedly descends from cross
>old sunset town a few miles south
>abandoned towns at the bottoms of lakes
>>
>>17747382
just remembered some more from my old hometown before i moved
>town has museum
>not big but good by rural north central indiana standards
>go there for class field trip
>second i walk in i see a fuckin elephant skull
>ask about said skull
>apparently a circus elephant went berserk and killed it's trainer
>shrug it off
>little bit later come across bloodstained dress
>HOLYHECK,jpg
>apparently a pioneer girl got crushed to death by her family's covered wagon's wheels
>nope the fuck out
>only time i've gone back was to learn about a deadly flood for a school project.
north central Indiana is fuckin weird.
>>
>>17747320
Salem is a tourist trap.
>>
New Orleans. Give me some hauntings, baby.
>>
File: Red Sun's Reign.jpg (898KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Red Sun's Reign.jpg
898KB, 1920x1200px
>>17733521
small time
>>
>>17734535
Fallout 3
>>
>>17731181
It's sometimes spooky when the streets are empty but it's lively enough for the most part that there's zero real spooks here.
>>
>>17731181
I live in a very hispanic town in the states. On the occasion you'll find stuff relating to brujera (witchcraft) in certain places. Other then that, nothing that bad.
>>
File: Stirner.gif (150KB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
Stirner.gif
150KB, 245x320px
>>
>>17731181
I live in the place in GA, real close to where the black kid got mysteriously killed at school, wrapped in a gym mat, and was found to be filled newspaper, with all of his organs missing, some time after during his second autopsy, it wasn't ever explained as far as I know.
>>
>>17749854
I forgot to mention, I believe the first autopsy by the government stated he died from asphyxiation, and the family had a doctor do an autopsy, where in he found the organs had be taken and replaced with newspaper, and they found that he may have died due to blunt force trauma. There was security camera footage that went missing that may have been conclusive evidence.
>>
>>17733521

One of my best friends is from Kelowna... He moved to Texas during his college years but now he's back. He says there are hundreds of sasquatch sightings around his moose hunting lease.
>>
>>17735316
Come up to Thunder Bay, there's some quality spoops here.
>>
I live in a pretty rural area in northern cali, the redwoods can be very spooky, like an old magic feeling.

Other than that there's the usual weirdness due to living so remotely. Skin walker stories always freak me out since I basically live in the deep woods
>>
Vancouver, Canada. Nothing spooky ever happens here. There's supposed to be an abandoned asylum on the outskirts of the city, but that's about it.
>>
>>17734571
>If you want stories I will post
yes plz
>>
>>17731181
Not even slightly.
>>
>>17734352
Sup Fredericksburg bro . Hear about the abandond building behind home depot and idle wild?
>>
>>17749554
Yep that's the inspiration. The real location isn't anything like in the game, of course.
>>
Which is the spookier: Los Angeles or New York
>>
>>17741520
Yeah but all the buildings are still up, opposed to everywhere else
>>
>>17743482

Fascinating. Where abouts is this at?
>>
>be me, 17
>live in New Orleans, born and raised
>talking with friend in school
>says he's into voodoo
>turns out it's just a fake approximation for edgy kids
>most of the stuff he's talking about isn't even voodoo
>find it amusing so I play along
>friend invites me to a 'gathering'
>why not
>skip to the weekend
>he and another friend pick me up
>carpool with his fake voodoo associates
>they're literally just white stoners and edgelords
>suppress the urge to laugh
>30-40 minutes pass
>stop in a field at the edge of the woods
>walk into the trees
>pitch black and only light is a flashlight
>after a while I realize we're near a swamp
>party stops and gets everything set up
>did some research beforehand and this is all fake and inauthentic
>it's like if wicca and thelema merged, incorporated some vague Hollywood voodoo symbolism, and was then re-misinterpreted by suburban potheads
>still funny though
>not really paying attention until this one girl starts having this spastic freakout and calling out to a spirit
>start to wonder if I'm on any drugs
>suddenly, the fire they started goes out
>zero wind, or even a breeze, that could've blown it away

Should I continue?
>>
>>17750278
Yeah its pretty great in the french quarter
Slave ghosties turned into a profitable business
>>
>>17750278
What happened though anon lol this beaucoup interesting
I got "cursed" by a girl I used for sex that went to Lusher
>>
my home town had this huge abandoned mental hospital
>>
>>17750278
(cont.)
>make a spooky sound as a joke
>everyone looks at me like I've desecrated a precious tradition
>irony.jpg
>ritual continues
>still just glazing over it in the hopes that we'll get something to eat afterward
>start hearing distant moans
>eh, maybe an animal
>girl's freakout continues
>moans get louder
>oh shit
>the others look terrified, like this is the first time anything has actually happened at one of their meetings
>feel something cold on my ear
>another moan
>we just break and run away as fast as we can
>hop in the van and speed away
>the freakout girl kept glowing about how they must've successfully called upon a spirit like it's a good thing
>I turn around and tell her it probably wanted them to stop fucking around with fake voodoo
>go home and never mention it to anyone until now
>>
File: distorted.png (83KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
distorted.png
83KB, 633x758px
I wish pittsburgh was more haunted
>>
>>17750223
North Texas, near Lake Tawakoni
>>
>>17750610
There's a 200-yard long spider web at Lake Tawakoni. They're probably providing protection and privacy for entomologists studying it.
>>
>>17750638
That was years before 2007, and they weren't just at Tawakoni. There were some all over the outskirts of Hunt county.
>>
File: 1earth13.gif (952KB, 330x238px) Image search: [Google]
1earth13.gif
952KB, 330x238px
Any more New Orleans /x/philes here?
Our spoops are always fun to hear about.
>>
>>17750596
greenmans tunnel (og greenman survived the accident but another boy was killed by electrical wires there too)
13 bends and coulterville cemetary
indianola burial ground
henke church
cathedral of learning
troy hill fire dept.
frick mansion
damians grave
blue mist road
mckees rocks burial grounds
quaker church
dixmont state hospital
>>
Los Angeles - the ritualistic shit that people did here... holy shit
>>
>>17734695

The story about the club might be popular around Mexico. My parents grew up in Juarez and they told me a very similar story, except it went roughly like this:

>Also '70s
>Girl wants to go clubbing with friends
> Mom says "no, bitch"
>Disobeys, goes anyway
>Meets this super handsome guy at the club
>Start dancing
>Suddenly, lights go out
>They come back on
>Girl covered in claw marks
>Smell of rotten eggs
>Guy disappeared
>Hoof marks on the dance floor or something
>>
>>17733340
ABQ bro here, recent transplant. What about the rest of the state? I'd imagine the local chugs have all sorts of legends...
>>
>>17733340
I passed out for no reason in a motel shower in Albuquerque 4 years ago. Pretty spoopy imo.
>>
>>17743491

You know Carcosa?
>>
File: image.jpg (947KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
947KB, 3264x2448px
>>17731526
El Paso High? What part are you from? I was there recently
>>
>>17751202
>for no reason
Is that how the motel billed it, eh?
>>
>>17751224

Not anon, but I'm also from El Paso. Didn't go to EP High, but I know a few people that went there, including one guy who snuck in and slept in the tunnels one night. Dude said he was high as shit but didn't see anything creepy.
>>
>>17744657
You should avoid South Central next time, cracka.
>>
>>17751185

Just sounds like one of those spoopy urban myths that parents tell kids to stop them from going out and causing shit.
>>
Vegas fag here. All the hotels are massively haunted on the strip.
>>
File: shocking.png (86KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
shocking.png
86KB, 500x259px
I grew up in a town in central PA, and the whole general area is pretty spooky. Everything there is super old and there's stories about ghosts and things all over the place.
>>
>Live in San Antonio
>There are some local legends like the train track ghosts(You park your car on the road and it'll suddenly start moving)
>Another that I was told about when I was younger called The Donkey Lady, supposedly how it goes a woman either drowned her kids in a river, or fell into the river and some time after then was burned and horribly disfigured into what looked like a Donkey, lots of people go to the bridge where that river is at around Halloween
>There's an abandoned mental asylum people go to, supposedly it's haunted by the patients but abandoned buildings in general are creepy as fuck, and I'd never risk it because there's a man that lives next to it that tries to shoot at people who sneak in
>One area off the roads that people have named the Devil's Den always has had shady shit going on, there are occultists that go there, or really crazy homeless people so going alone isn't the best idea and two kids were murdered there
There are a lot more urban legends and spooky places but not as great to go into much detail.
>>
>>17749841
>>17744068
why Stirner??? seems strangely offtopic
>>
>>17751575
Carson City has floating brick boy
>>
File: church of starry wisdom.jpg (69KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
church of starry wisdom.jpg
69KB, 500x430px
>once vibrant port town, now run down and dilapidated
>first settled in 6th century
>widespread mental health problems casually brushed off as 'character'
>pet shop was closed down for unspecified reasons, owner was stockpiling dead animals
>suicide in the river every 2-3 days
>churches everywhere
>haunted medieval jail
>constant flooding
>>
>>17750749
Did not expect so many other NOLA /x/philes honestly we shud meet up
>>
>>17752424
Start a paranormal investigation team
Have our own show and everything
>>
>>17736541
Sounds like Seaview hospital in Staten Island.
>>
Petoskey Michigian
>nothing much goes on when it's not summer
>have tons of empty houses because summer homes
>winter is kind of rough and it can be dark for like 16 hours
>we have some witches
>we have abandoned places everywhere
>nothing haunted
>>
a lot of bad things happen to kids under the age 8-10 on my street
>>
>>17734235
Mongolians are pretty spoopy, man. Don't sell yourselves short
>>
File: DSC00008.jpg (422KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00008.jpg
422KB, 1600x1200px
I live in St. Louis county, and down in the city is the Lemp Brewery and Mansion where a bunch of the Lemp family killed themselves and stuff. It's supposed to be haunted. The mansion is now a spooky bed and breakfast, and there's a restaurant and stuff.
>>
>>17731181
Im from an extremely small illinois town, like 400 or so people small, right off the mississipi river, there's actually a ghost story that everyone in town knows. There's a couple different versions but they're all about a woman who didn't want to go through with her marriage which was held at a cliff overlooking the river so she jumped off. This is right next to where the park is located now and people say they see or hear her alot. Also, this isn't exactly paranormal but still interesting I think, back in the day there were pirates that used to hole up on a hill in the same spot that is now the the park and they would go out and sack boats carrying supplies up and down the river. Also like half the town saw a ufo a few decades ago (the 70s I think) my grandfather actually made it into the local paper for that one. Iv also heard stories of a couple haunted houses. My buddy says his mom's place is haunted (and he's a skeptic to say the least) his mom swears up and down she saw the ghost of an old woman sitting on her couch one time. My dad said at his old place they used to hear someone running down the hallway and this little girl he and his wife at the time we're taking care of kept insisting there was a boy in the house that was her friend but he was dead because of the hole in his head. I the last one can easily be chalked up to kids imagination but it's still creepy as shit.
>>
>Be living on an island off the east coast.
>It's mostly a ghost town; nary a car on the road
>It gets really thick fog, hard to see whats ahead when driving.
>Even at night, the houses mostly are black inside, nothing turned on.
>Sometimes get the feeling that it's literally a ghost town, and when I moved back home, it was like I was the only living soul on the island.
>Sometimes I feel like I'm dying here.
>Every so often, I wake up, and the sky is blue, and the town is bustling with people, and I take a nice walk.
>It could be in the middle of the day, or maybe the next day, but eventually, it seems like the atmosphere just dies, and it's a ghost town again, thick fog rolls in, people go cold and silent and start disappearing.
>>
>live in Southern Illinois
>lots of abandoned graveyards
>>
It's darn boring.

The last place I lived has a couple of serial killers, though.
>>
>>17734491
i loved your hit single "Afro Puffs"
>>
>>17734235
I went over there in 2014, went into Russia, and saw the battle field at Summajarvi where my great uncle was killed on Feburary 9th 1940. That was really weird. I just felt unusual, not a place Id want to kick around at night due to spoops and unexploded ordinance
>>
>>17753744
What part are you from?
>>
File: 1458613254818.gif (1MB, 360x198px) Image search: [Google]
1458613254818.gif
1MB, 360x198px
>Spokane

only shit spooky around here are the forests and the heroine addicts.
>>
>>17751570

Just only if they were retarded. If you want your kid to refrain from those places tell them some actual things that are worse than fiction: roofies, kidnappings, organs traffic
>>
I dunno but I work in a home for the elderly where people drop like flies. Due to natural causes, they say. But I've seen the claw marks on the walls. The "666" markings in the elevator. How the lights go out way too quickly. Something spooky is up for sure.
>>
>>17754444
>them digits
fuckin checked n'shit my nigga
>>
>>17738756
>not an Austin native
stop fucking moving here reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but yeah man I agree completely, seeing spooky shit is at least a day trip away if you live in the city

I keep trying to plan trips with friends to some small town in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, since there's an overabundance of those in this state, some abandoned ones even

seems like it'd be worth it, there can be some neat and really big abandoned shit in good old great west Texas

however they always pussy out, the bastards
>>
File: ffjkj.jpg (5KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
ffjkj.jpg
5KB, 233x216px
>Be 14
>See rusty mailbox next to a "NO TRESPASSING" sign in the woods
>Assume this is a haunted mailbox
>Tell nobody for 4 months
>See it again
>Tell friend about it next day
>Go back to haunted mailbox with friend
>See nothing but the sign and a hole where the mailbox was

To this day we've never told anyone about the that spoopy mailbox.
>>
> Oakland County, MI

We've got that really fucked up serial child killer from the 70's, he never got caught. Crime is starting to slowly spread into more suburban areas but that's not so much "spooky"
>>
>>17747182
I mean, Gary IN was the murder capital of the US or something for a while.

It's obviously either ancient indian burial grounds or the fact that the midwest is boring as shit.
>>
>>17731662

After reading about Kaspar Hauser I think he probably was a charlatan with narcissistic personality disorder, or possibly high functioning autism, since the disorders are similar in manifestation.
>>
I live in Los Angeles so there isn't too much legitimate spoopy stuff here besides that whole thing with the body in the water tank of the hotel or the other stuff everyone's heard before.

But, I go to college in Erie, Pennsylvania and there's some really creepy history there. The main building of my university is old enough that it's a registered historic place and it has some really creepy stories. The one I hear the most is about the nun who thinks her lover died in war, commits herself to God only for him to return, upon which she kills herself inside the tower where she's locked after she turns crazy. They say the ring her husband gave her gave bad luck and death within 5 years to anyone who touched it for 50 years as it remained placed in front of the Virgin Mary statue, though now it has been put away, but it still reappears sometimes?

There is the Penn State Behrens story where the boy is locked inside his dorm with a malfunctioning heater and freezes to death during the night. This one happened 100% without a doubt. I don't know about the sounds people say they hear at night like a heater being shook, but the cold in Erie is no joke with the lake effect chill.

"Axe murder hollow". Man murdered his whole family with an axe and years later around the same parts a couple was also apparently killed with an axe.

There's also some stories about the cemeteries in Erie and the other college besides Mercyhurst and Penn State, Gannon.
More recently these two spooky events happened at my school. Not much info is up about these online. A high school teacher went to my university to find a girl whom he had relations with when he was her teacher. When she rejected him he shot himself in the head in the fountain in front of the school. He did it in the middle of the night and lots of students saw the body in the fountain before they sectioned off the front of the school
>>
>>17755461
Girl also got pregnant in the on campus apartments, gave birth by herself and drowned the baby. The school keeps this one pretty hush so no one really knows if they have the apartment where that happened or not.
>>
>>17731181
I live in an old English town with lots of stories. One of the more interesting features is a bricked up tunnel hidden under the 'old bridge' which apparently was an escape route for monks from the cathedral. There's talk of a network of tunnels under the town and connections to the knights templar. The remains of a knights templer church were discovered.
>>
>>17739908
Kek
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.