[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caution vs. Paranoia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3092.jpg (255KB, 1024x1388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3092.jpg
255KB, 1024x1388px
It it possible that most conspiracy theories are just paranoia? Or cases where someone who is hostile and mistrustful of the world, then sees inaccurately that the world is hostile and mistrustful of THEM? When really the world is just an independent, neutral stimulus onto which the paranoid subject projects his own negative perceptions and expectations... isolating him.
>>
>>17728106
Yes, yes, and definetely.

But at the same time paranoia is waymore common than you expect it, and most people don't talk about it, cause they are paranoid about beign labeled as paranoids.

Then you have all this closet paranoids in positions of power, with the mentality of strike them first.

Accepting this you can understand a lot about our world, and how terrorism and conspiracies really work.
>>
>>17728136
>>>17728106 (OP)
>Yes, yes, and definetely.
I thought so.

>But at the same time paranoia is waymore common than you expect it, and most people don't talk about it, cause they are paranoid about beign labeled as paranoids.
I know, I deal with it in people all the time, and it's so buzzkill. Nothing is worse than someone getting guarded and treating you like a bad person without any reason, because they've been fucked over by others.

>Then you have all this closet paranoids in positions of power, with the mentality of strike them first.
That's very dangerous. Insecure warhawks and such? Yep. No cool.

>Accepting this you can understand a lot about our world, and how terrorism and conspiracies really work.
I think you're the smartest poster I've read on here.
>>
>>17728106
>isolating him
You literally just admitted to shunning paranoid people despite knowing that you/society are the source of the problem.

THIS JUST IN: THE FUTURE PLANS TO ABUSE THE MENTALLY ILL JUST AS MUCH AS THE PRESENT DOES.
>>
>>17728170
Hi s2k. I know you're behind this thread, indirectly or otherwise. You're the only being in existence to which I introduced myself as your potential destroyer. All you have to do is stay so far away from me that I'll never be able to know anything about you and you'll survive. I could smell your betrayal in the very moment we met, and I've never once introduced myself like that to anyone else. You were the mechanism by which Mnemomeme attacked me, but Mnemo didn't actually betray me. He was earnestly and honestly pursuing his beliefs.

You, s2k, I understood from the moment you spoke. I understood your style, every potential influence that you might have been under at the time, and the exact method of your personality shift. I gave you over a year to stop following me around the internet and trying to destroy the community I'm a part of. I can identify every one of your posts and influences, and it's nothing short of mercy on my part that you're still alive.

Go. Fuck. Yourself.

(And do the anon that just got tricked into typing up the same exactly reply as s2k had originally wrote and/or intended, I'm sorry that you've been targeted. I'm trying to minimize the damage from Mnemo and s2k's back-and-forth, and unfortunately up to this point that's meant leaving people unprotected so that I could track both of them down without worrying about them eventually colluding with one another to stop me from finding them.)
>>
>>17728224
>>>17728106 (OP)
>>isolating him
>You literally just admitted to shunning paranoid people despite knowing that you/society are the source of the problem.
>THIS JUST IN: THE FUTURE PLANS TO ABUSE THE MENTALLY ILL JUST AS MUCH AS THE PRESENT DOES.
You missed the entire point.

The paranoid person projects the hostility and mistrust it feels toward the world, onto that world, seeing it inaccurately all around him.

Therefore the paranoid person withdraws, and isolates himself, making the paranoia worse.
>>
>>17728343
>Hi s2k
Who?

Or do we wanna know?
>>
>>17729419
>the world is hostile and mistrustful of THEM?
So what are you saying? Society doesn't react? It is perfectly benign and never gets shit wrong? That public opinion is always correct and highly informed? That the mentally ill aren't all but ostracized, imprisoned, beaten, and all but denied a fair trial (speedy)?
>>
>>17728106
Yes, I'd say that accounts for the vast majority of the cases. But you try telling them that, and they scream SHILL! and declare you part of the conspiracy.
>>
>>17729465
>>>17729419
>>the world is hostile and mistrustful of THEM?
>So what are you saying? Society doesn't react? It is perfectly benign and never gets shit wrong? That public opinion is always correct and highly informed? That the mentally ill aren't all but ostracized, imprisoned, beaten, and all but denied a fair trial (speedy)?
You're diverting the issue. I'm not saying the world is perfect.

I'm saying that paranoia can create isolation in a person who sees hostility everywhere it's not, in the world.

Nothing is ever black or white. It's a false dichotomy. The world isn't all "bad" or "good", it just is... and if you're a paranoid person, you tend to see untrustworthiness in the world that really only exists in yourself.
>>
>>17729440
Just an asshole that likes to try to tear apart internet communities, friendships, etc. Generally hates humanity or just probably a sociopath.
>>
>>17729474
That's because you are part of the conspiracy. You refuse to sympathize because you don't care. It's not wrong for them to think society an apathetic monstrosity that tries to destroy personal truth.
>>
>>17729482
>>>17729440
>Just an asshole that likes to try to tear apart internet communities, friendships, etc. Generally hates humanity or just probably a sociopath.
That sounds horrible. Why would anyone do that?

And how did "s2k" do that? And what does that stand for?
>>
>>17729495
>>>17729474
>That's because you are part of the conspiracy. You refuse to sympathize because you don't care. It's not wrong for them to think society an apathetic monstrosity that tries to destroy personal truth.
So anyone who doesn't believe in your "personal truth" is part of the conspiracy?

Sounds paranoid.
>>
>>17728106
>It it possible that most conspiracy theories are just paranoia?

Yes
>>
>>17729546
>anyone who doesn't believe in your
No.

All it takes is two fucking seconds to get over yourself to consider what someone else is going through or has gone through. If you can't spare even two fucking seconds to hear someone out, then yeah, you're an uncaring bastard in their eyes.

>but muh intolerance
Go choke on a dick. I don't care how many times you had to tell yourself that ghosts aren't real so that you could get over your fear of the dark. If someone else believes it, or believes themselves to have been attacked by a ghost, you don't just fucking brush it off as something you're supposed to get indignant about. If you can't sidestep your beliefs for the sake of an honest goddamn conversation with them, then no.

You aren't human in my eyes.
>>
>>17729554
>>>17729546 (You)
>>anyone who doesn't believe in your
>No.
>All it takes is two fucking seconds to get over yourself to consider what someone else is going through or has gone through. If you can't spare even two fucking seconds to hear someone out, then yeah, you're an uncaring bastard in their eyes.
I'm trying to hear you out, but you're not saying anything except ad hom attacks.

>>but muh intolerance
>Go choke on a dick. I don't care how many times you had to tell yourself that ghosts aren't real so that you could get over your fear of the dark. If someone else believes it, or believes themselves to have been attacked by a ghost, you don't just fucking brush it off as something you're supposed to get indignant about. If you can't sidestep your beliefs for the sake of an honest goddamn conversation with them, then no.
Who said that? I just asked whether or not a large number of conspiracy theorists might actually have paranoid personality disorder, and see the world inaccurately as being hostile everywhere, when it's not.

>You aren't human in my eyes.
I assure you I am.

As for your eyes, you control those, not me.
>>
>>17729603
>ad hom attacks
I'm not talking about you.

I'm talking about people in general.

If you can't set aside your beliefs to earnestly listen to someone who's clearly in distress, then they are literally correct about you being an uncaring faggot. It's not paranoia, it's a correct read on people shitty, intolerant, unsympathetic behavior. It doesn't take a trained psychiatrists to be a decent fucking person.

You, in general, not you, anon. Any and everyone that thinks refusing sympathy isn't contributing to the very paranoia people get stuck in is part of the problem, and the paranoiacs are right to think so.

>a large number of conspiracy theorists
Go choke on a dick. I don't care if they're paranoid or not. Paranoia doesn't imply incorrectness, nor does it imply a failure to reason, not does it imply a tendency for fault logic AND EVEN IF IT DID.

You still don't get to dismiss the idea on the grounds that the person who thought it up was insane. If there's something wrong about their idea then you address the fucking idea, not the person. You don't get to claim that conspiracies aren't worth talking about just because crazy people thought them up. Crazy people can have brilliant ideas with strange and interesting perspectives. That uniqueness is what makes this board tick. You are literally arguing that /x/ isn't worth having around by trying to say that conspiracy theorists will never stumble on a right idea.

You can be right for the wrong reasons, and if that happens, you're the kind of fuckward who we have to shitpost off this board if we want to get a rational discussion going. The original author means shit all as far as our ability to discuss it rationally is concerned.

OP is always a faggot, but sometimes we reply anyway. It's the discussion and interaction that makes the thread, not the fucking faggot OP.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.